I think I have done literally every style of booking one could think of. The game does a pretty good job at accommodating any type of booking. I typically switch up my "rules" each new game.

In general, the style I like doing the most is booking through the betting odds, yet in my current game I do can fights a lot. Deciding which style of booking you want to do when you start a new game, and changing it up, makes the game a lot more interesting.

I also ban myself from hiring the fighters I like the most, which also changes from game to game.

When I saw the name of the thread my mind for some reason kept on saying, "Booking Flights". Then I started laughing and thinking, "Well heck, maybe Adam added that as an option in a new patch."

To answer your question. It really depends on where the fight is located on my card. For top ten fights I usually try to go for rankings. A lot of times I am forced to just book based on who is available.

Lower matches on the card are usually by betting or if I think one fighter can beat the other. Granted that often turns out horribly for me. There is nothing worse than a fighter going on a huge win streak only to lose to some scrub who I thought would be a jobber for them.

I hardly ever book looking at fighting styles. Does that really have a huge impact (I am asking because I honestly never paid attention)? I notice that people who are good standup fighters tend to not do well long term.

Now I have not played the game in a bit (Maybe a year or so), so I am just going by memory. Though all of this talk makes me want to fire up a new game.

<p>I try to book my top 6 fighters of each division against each other and they only fight a couple times a year.</p><p> </p><p>

Once my older fighters that have good pop are no longer in title contention I book them in interesting "money fight" against other "legends" even if it means they have to move divisions to do so. If an older fighter is on his way out or on a slump I feed him to a young prospect.</p><p> </p><p>

7 to 16 fighters generally fight each other until they move up to top 6 or out of the top 16.</p><p> </p><p>

Everyone else is booked on whether or not they are available or just to plug holes in the card.</p><p> </p><p>

Of course this all depends on the game and company i am running but this is what i generally do</p>