The Add as Player Workaround for Left the Business

Are there negative drawbacks for doing this? A worker has left the business, so you temporarily make the game multiplayer, add the worker as a player, he comes back to the business, and then you remove the player. I know this is a thing you can do, but I'm wondering if it can have potential negative drawbacks on my savegame, glitching it or something.

You can:

1.31 (April 23 2021)

- Altered the in-game editor to allow a worker's game and in-ring status to be altered, enabling the ability to kill off or unretire workers

No, you can't. It says it right there: the ability to kill off or unretire workers. You can not bring back a worker who has left the business.

No, you can't. It says it right there: the ability to kill off or unretire workers. You can not bring back a worker who has left the business.

OK. You're right. Sorry. I just checked. That's rubbish. I thought the editor had fixed this nonsense. I was wrong.

Yea, it's unfortunate. I wish we could bring back workers who have left the business, and also set them to be on hiatus and retire them. But there is the workaround for people who have left the business - if it has no negative drawbacks, that is.

This has been posted multiple times in the suggestion forum. Hopefully, it gets added in an update...or at least returns for the next version of TEW.

Having said that, there is another workaround: go to the first day of the month and create a database from your save game (new feature for 2020, not an MDB file). Now you have a fully-editable database. Create a new database and paste your new one into that block, then go in and change your "Left the Business" worker into an "Active" worker. Then, start a new game. You might have to make some further tweaks (I usually run into a few folks who have both exclusive and non-exclusive contracts, so you'll have to figure out how you want to deal with those), but your new game will now have Champagne Lover, Dwayne Johnson, CM Punk, Magnum T.A., whoever, available for you to sign.

St.T

This has been posted multiple times in the suggestion forum. Hopefully, it gets added in an update...or at least returns for the next version of TEW.

Having said that, there is another workaround: go to the first day of the month and create a database from your save game (new feature for 2020, not an MDB file). Now you have a fully-editable database. Create a new database and paste your new one into that block, then go in and change your "Left the Business" worker into an "Active" worker. Then, start a new game. You might have to make some further tweaks (I usually run into a few folks who have both exclusive and non-exclusive contracts, so you'll have to figure out how you want to deal with those), but your new game will now have Champagne Lover, Dwayne Johnson, CM Punk, Magnum T.A., whoever, available for you to sign.

St.T

Yea, but that way, you lose all your history and everything you've done. And the reason to even play TEW is pretty much to create history and a game world. So I don't really like that workaround personally. Not to mention, it resets all those destiny values and that kind of stuff, making it a different game world entirely.

Wow. Thank you for this workaround. From my experience with TEW I doubt that doing that would create any kind of glitch to the database.

I jump in as a 2nd player all the time to make small changes to other companies in game (like change gimmicks, re-organize events, and the like). Been doing that since 2016 and never caused an issue.

Wow. Thank you for this workaround. From my experience with TEW I doubt that doing that would create any kind of glitch to the database.

I jump in as a 2nd player all the time to make small changes to other companies in game (like change gimmicks, re-organize events, and the like). Been doing that since 2016 and never caused an issue.

Sure. But the ability to bring back workers who have left the business was removed from the live editor for a reason, I'm sure. If that worked without problems, I'm sure it would still be in the game. So this is why I am still asking.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mega Psyduck" data-cite="Mega Psyduck" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53437" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yea, but that way, you lose all your history and everything you've done. And the reason to even play TEW is pretty much to create history and a game world. So I don't really like that workaround personally. Not to mention, it resets all those destiny values and that kind of stuff, making it a different game world entirely.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not everyone finds that so problematic. If it's something another player likes, they can use it; if they don't, they shouldn't. I'm just offering a way I've gotten around this problem without creating an expy of a wrestler who's left the business and importing it, which itself causes a ton of issues with coherent historical records within the game world.</p><p> </p><p> St.T</p>