USPW: Hegemony

Enjoyed the latest show. Man Frehley is completely untamed at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how the fight goes between him, Champion, and Money at the PPV. Maybe Money has something up his sleeve. I actually was expecting Gilmore to be one of Champion's partners after McQueen's comment earlier. Also loved the cattiness between her and Belle.

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 10:40 PM, DevilofNG said:

Enjoyed the latest show. Man Frehley is completely untamed at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how the fight goes between him, Champion, and Money at the PPV. Maybe Money has something up his sleeve. I actually was expecting Gilmore to be one of Champion's partners after McQueen's comment earlier. Also loved the cattiness between her and Belle.

Thanks so much! I love getting comments. 

As for Emily, it always kind of cracks me up with the heel announcer is being a jerk but is also correct. Also, her having a love/hate relationship with the show is funny to me. Every save I think Emily may be getting a little too old for this but... she's great? Apart from Emma who's better than she is? The game suffers from a lack of great announcers but she's extremely solid. Could be used in a variety of roles too. 

No problem commenting man. I love your shows, and always read them, no matter how long it takes me to get around to them

Another awesome show. Did not expect that to happen in the opener! Brutal way for RDJ to go down too. Those desks in people's offices are well put together. Ouch! Money finally gets the upperhand on Frehley but there's going to be a price to pay for that. Hey, where is Jaime Quinn? Is she injured? I half-expected her to come back and join JRo against Alicia Strong and co. She's got a killer gimmick for the time period. Love what you're doing with Roger Cage. He's really developing a character that I don't think he really had when you first started this diary. He's really leaning into the movie star/director kind of role. I could see him turning heel in a way that he doesn't even know he's a heel. He's giving me a Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat kind of vibe. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DevilofNG said:

No problem commenting man. I love your shows, and always read them, no matter how long it takes me to get around to them

Another awesome show. Did not expect that to happen in the opener! Brutal way for RDJ to go down too. Those desks in people's offices are well put together. Ouch! Money finally gets the upperhand on Frehley but there's going to be a price to pay for that. Hey, where is Jaime Quinn? Is she injured? I half-expected her to come back and join JRo against Alicia Strong and co. She's got a killer gimmick for the time period. Love what you're doing with Roger Cage. He's really developing a character that I don't think he really had when you first started this diary. He's really leaning into the movie star/director kind of role. I could see him turning heel in a way that he doesn't even know he's a heel. He's giving me a Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat kind of vibe. 

Don't worry about ol RDJ, that desk was gimmicked, brother! And there's usually a price to be paid for crossing Frehley. 😅

I feel like if I did a 3 hr American Wrestling (which I don't want to do!) I could probably do more with women's matches. As it is it feels like I barely can keep the title picture going. There's an hour long B show currently running called "Action Packed" that the auto booker runs and she's kicking butt on there for the time being. 

As for Cage... I think Johnny Cage is an apt comparison. The Miz is genuinely one of my favorite wrestlers and I think that Cage is a lot like him, except if he wasn't such a weasel. The Miz is a natural heel, and I think Cage is a natural face even though he's got that slicked back blonde hair and won't listen to me when I want him to go through a body change and gain weight lol. He's wants to put on a great show for the fans, and make sure that he's getting the best out of his competition. Which seems like the way to get that gimmick over. One of the most interesting guys on the roster. One time, in an old 2016 save he went through a change and gained a main event amount of SQ and I wish he'd do that here. His charisma, is high but his acting and mic skills are at the top of the company. 

1 hour ago, DirigoJoe said:

Don't worry about ol RDJ, that desk was gimmicked, brother! And there's usually a price to be paid for crossing Frehley. 😅

I feel like if I did a 3 hr American Wrestling (which I don't want to do!) I could probably do more with women's matches. As it is it feels like I barely can keep the title picture going. There's an hour long B show currently running called "Action Packed" that the auto booker runs and she's kicking butt on there for the time being. 

As for Cage... I think Johnny Cage is an apt comparison. The Miz is genuinely one of my favorite wrestlers and I think that Cage is a lot like him, except if he wasn't such a weasel. The Miz is a natural heel, and I think Cage is a natural face even though he's got that slicked back blonde hair and won't listen to me when I want him to go through a body change and gain weight lol. He's wants to put on a great show for the fans, and make sure that he's getting the best out of his competition. Which seems like the way to get that gimmick over. One of the most interesting guys on the roster. One time, in an old 2016 save he went through a change and gained a main event amount of SQ and I wish he'd do that here. His charisma, is high but his acting and mic skills are at the top of the company. 

RDJ for revenge baby!

I agree man. Sometimes it's really tough getting the women all the time they need. I'm running a WWE that started in 2012 (I'm in the year 2017 now) and I'm right in the middle of the women's revolution. I run 3 brands each with a 2 hour A show. I try to get two women's matches in there every show, but it's often hard. Especially with giving them long angles as well. I love Quinn's character so I was wondering where she was. If JRo wasn't there, I think it would've been a natural match for Quinn and Strong at Independence Day Slam. 

I definitely see the Miz there too. You've done a great job fleshing out Cage's character. I know he's midcard right now, but I can't wait to see him rub elbows with the main eventers a bit more. I think you're doing a wonderful job of getting everybody on that roster involved. There's a wealth of possibilities for where this could go after Independence Day Slam.

9 minutes ago, DevilofNG said:

RDJ for revenge baby!

I agree man. Sometimes it's really tough getting the women all the time they need. I'm running a WWE that started in 2012 (I'm in the year 2017 now) and I'm right in the middle of the women's revolution. I run 3 brands each with a 2 hour A show. I try to get two women's matches in there every show, but it's often hard. Especially with giving them long angles as well. I love Quinn's character so I was wondering where she was. If JRo wasn't there, I think it would've been a natural match for Quinn and Strong at Independence Day Slam. 

I definitely see the Miz there too. You've done a great job fleshing out Cage's character. I know he's midcard right now, but I can't wait to see him rub elbows with the main eventers a bit more. I think you're doing a wonderful job of getting everybody on that roster involved. There's a wealth of possibilities for where this could go after Independence Day Slam.

Thanks man! Speaking of there being a wealth of possibilities I'm almost nervous about the show after IDS. I have 7 shows before Apple Pie and Wrestling and since IDS is the season finale I'm faced with a blank slate, storyline wise... I am looking forward to it, but also there's no training wheels lol

USPW Americana Prediction Contest!

image.thumb.png.05ee3e260cca39bb7d87b2a5391fd7e3.png

"The Traskmaster" Anthony Trask vs. "Angry" Gilmore

Joss Thompson vs. Commissioner Justice

Six Man Tag Team Match
Ricky Dale Johnson and the Texas Express vs. The Olympic Order

USPW Tag Team Championship Match
The Cold Warriors vs Jett & Moor(C)

Six Woman Tag Team Match
The Triumvirate vs Team J-Ro

USPW National Champion #1 Contender's Match
American Patriot vs. Trent Shaffer

USPW Championship 3 Way Match
Nicky Champion vs. Rich Money vs. Steve Frehley (C)

Bonus Point: Thoughts on the diary so far?

• Like 1

"The Traskmaster" Anthony Trask vs. "Angry" Gilmore

Gilmore wins the most important match, but it's a tough one that moves him on the path to being angry. (Is he Happy Gilmore right now? Lol.)

Thompson has to go over here. He's building towards something special and will get good heat taking out the commissioner.

Six Man Tag Team Match
Ricky Dale Johnson and the Texas Express vs. The Olympic Order

RDJ comes out of in-ring retirement to help his boys get the rub.

USPW Tag Team Championship Match
The Cold Warriors vs Jett & Moor(C)

Not entirely sure about this one, but Jett & Moor seem to be firmly in control of the division...with some help of course.

Six Woman Tag Team Match
The Triumvirate vs Team J-Ro

J-Ro's makeshift squad wins the battle (with very coming against one of the Monsters), but J-Ro will eventually lose the war.

USPW National Champion #1 Contender's Match
American Patriot vs. Trent Shaffer

I know non-finishes aren't the way for USPW, but this gives Cage the greatest possible challenge at Independence Day Slam.

USPW Championship 3 Way Match
Nicky Champion vs. Rich Money vs. Steve Frehley (C)

Frehley dominates again, pinning Money to set up the biggest USPW main event in history at Independence Day Slam.

Awesome diary thus far!

14 hours ago, DinoKea said:

Sorry, forgot I hadn't predicted. Wouldn't have beat DevilOfNG anyway as I would've only got 3 right

Don't worry about it! I'm just glad people are reading!

I'm actually written out the the show after Independence Day Slam and I'm pretty excited to have a blank slate after the big show!

This isn't an update per se, but wow. I was just looking things over and Nicky Champion sold over 7 million in merch last month.... With his new deal he gets half that, 3.5 mil. 

So he could make $42 million in merchandise sales in a year. That dwarves the $5.4 mil he makes a year in salary (the highest in my save by a LOT).

The game doesn't really factor in endorsements, but you imagine in your head that he's got a national ad spot or two. His t-shirt must be everywhere. Every kid in America must have ten of his action figures 😂

• Like 2

Whoops. Never posted my thoughts on the latest show. Fantastic work once again. Really excited for Independence Day Slam. Figured Gilmore would win, but I'm quite surprised at Thompson's loss. Makes more sense I guess after having read Money's comments at the end. And he didn't go down clean, so I'm assuming Thompson gets the big win at Independence Day Slam. J-Ro and co. got the win as expected. I know Alicia is going to be livid about that one. Called it with Shaffer and Bulldozer...ahem. Masked Patriot. Lol Cage is going to have his work cut out at Independence Day Slam. Champion looked really good in the loss. Classic way to keep him hot for a rematch with Frehley. But can he beat THIS version of Frehley?

In my current playthrough, merchandise and salary contracts are OUT of control. I recently resigned Sasha Banks on a contract at more than 500K...per month.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 2:11 PM, DirigoJoe said:

This isn't an update per se, but wow. I was just looking things over and Nicky Champion sold over 7 million in merch last month.... With his new deal he gets half that, 3.5 mil. 

So he could make $42 million in merchandise sales in a year. That dwarves the $5.4 mil he makes a year in salary (the highest in my save by a LOT).

The game doesn't really factor in endorsements, but you imagine in your head that he's got a national ad spot or two. His t-shirt must be everywhere. Every kid in America must have ten of his action figures 😂

Nicky-mania is taking over my friend. Ha.

Entertaining pay per view by the way.

• Like 1

on Demand on Reverie it's... 

image.thumb.png.8ebf0d0b6193fd7978362fbb808d839d.png July, Week 1, 2020

(Click the link to view show)

THE GO HOME SHOW FOR INDEPENDENCE DAY SLAM!!!! AMERICANA, AMERICAN WRESTLING AND INDEPENDENCE DAY SLAM MIGHT AS WELL BE ONE WEEK LONG SUPER SHOW! 

Edited by DirigoJoe
  • Like 1

USPW Independence Day Slam Prediction Contest!
ZHn8XHv.png

Ten Man Tag Team Elimination Match!
Team Running Wolf vs. The Business

USPW National Championship 3-Way Match
American Patriot vs. Trent Shaffer vs. Roger Cage (C)

No Disqualification Match

USPW Tag Team Championship 4-Way Match
The Ring Generals vs. Texas Express vs. Bad Intentions vs. Jett & Moor (C)

USPW #1 Contender Battle Royale
Angry Gilmore, Anthony Trask, Casey Valentine, DC Rayne, Eddie Howard, Enygma, Fro Sure, Jim Force, Joss Thompson, Justin Sensitive, Kirk Jameson, Krusher Karloff, Rajah, Rich Money, Rick Law, Running Wolf, Sterling Whitlock, T-Rex, Tyson Baine and Zeus!

USPW Women's Championship Match
Alicia Strong vs Joanne Rodriguez (C)

USPW Championship  Match
Nicky Champion vs. Steve Frehley (C)

Bonus Point: Thoughts on the diary so far?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DirigoJoe said:

Hey all, just bumping this to the top. 

I'm planning on posting Independence Day Slam on July 4th! I have it all written and just need to upload it so I'll do it before heading out for the day! 

Looking forward to Independence Day Slam ! I normally don't care or play with USPW,  however your writing skills and presentation have made it compelling to follow. Glad you are keeping it up. I haven't done a diary but if I did I might do a TCW 2018 ALT Mod story. 

• Thanks 1

Ten Man Tag Team Elimination Match!
Team Running Wolf vs. The Business

I'll take the faction over the non faction.

USPW National Championship 3-Way Match
American Patriot vs. Trent Shaffer vs. Roger Cage (C)

Reward the over the top gimmick. Always did like Brandon Smith though.

No Disqualification Match

Joss gets a win on the biggest show.

USPW Tag Team Championship 4-Way Match
The Ring Generals vs. Texas Express vs. Bad Intentions vs. Jett & Moor (C)

I feel like a switch is in order but this feels like the most fun act to switch it to right now.

USPW #1 Contender Battle Royale
Angry Gilmore, Anthony Trask, Casey Valentine, DC Rayne, Eddie Howard, Enygma, Fro Sure, Jim Force, Joss Thompson, Justin Sensitive, Kirk Jameson, Krusher Karloff, Rajah, Rich Money, Rick Law, Running Wolf, Sterling Whitlock, T-Rex, Tyson Baine and Zeus!

I think I'm on board with just going all in on Joss.

USPW Women's Championship Match
Alicia Strong vs Joanne Rodriguez (C)

I'll take Alicia here.

USPW Championship  Match
Nicky Champion vs. Steve Frehley (C)

I can make a case either way but...I think Nicky winning here keeps an edge on Frehley because there's just gonna be that one guy he can't fully conquer.