Tournament Prestige ideas

So I had two ideas as it pertains to creating Tournament Prestige.

-Create a setting where you can say how important a tournament is. I know individual tournament matches don't add any extra attributes than a regular match, but this way if you're booking a 32-man world title tournament and book Madusa vs Evan Karagias that will bring down the prestige of a main event tournament. You could use it similarly to the Storyline feature.

-Have annual tournament prestige, like with events. Make it a special deal if you're booking the G-1 or the King of the Ring, for instance. You can still have a tournament title for the winner, but it adds more prestige to shows that are predominantly tournament matches.

• 2 weeks later...
So I had two ideas as it pertains to creating Tournament Prestige.

-Create a setting where you can say how important a tournament is. I know individual tournament matches don't add any extra attributes than a regular match, but this way if you're booking a 32-man world title tournament and book Madusa vs Evan Karagias that will bring down the prestige of a main event tournament. You could use it similarly to the Storyline feature.

-Have annual tournament prestige, like with events. Make it a special deal if you're booking the G-1 or the King of the Ring, for instance. You can still have a tournament title for the winner, but it adds more prestige to shows that are predominantly tournament matches.

Historically, tournaments are losers in wrestling. The only ones that get over are ones that are extraordinarily well-booked, and well protected, and I think that the special titles/trophies do the job of elevating special events like the Rumble and the G-1 well enough. At the end of the day, a tournament is just a booking tool. It has no inherent value or prestige. Having the event itself build prestige, and the title build prestige, with a storyline that pops at the event with an added prestige for the tournament, seems way too abusable to me.