Perception Question

I'm fairly new to TEW2020 and still learning the ropes (no pun intended). As someone who played EWR 4.2 up until about a fortnight ago, I wanted a simpler experience with this. I have a lot of the options off, and I heavily customised a modded database to create my own God mode style promotion that I'm enjoying roleplaying and fantasy booking.

The issue I have is, despite having a ton of big names, their perception is "unknown" pretty much across the board in the US, and I'm struggling to raise it.

I don't think I can get fired or anything, because of how it's all set up, but I'm trying to play it true and realistic as best I can. I'm figuring out storylines and building momentum etc, but my question is:

If I build a new developmental territory... a) can I run it myself, and b) will workers that are sent to it organically grow their perception and momentum, or will it have no effect on them because it's a developmental promotion?

Also, if anyone has any other tips for raising perception, I would appreciate it. A lot of my matches are poorly rated, purely because the people in them are "unknown". Bit annoying that the match quality is considered "abysmal" just because the audience isn't familiar with the talent. Not very realistic, really. One match was Ricochet vs. Kenny Omega, and it got a 19... said it was a terrible match and the audience didn't care — no mention of the quality of the match itself. To me, even if the fans don't know the people, they can recognise a 5* match if they see one. That would organically grow the perception, surely?

Anyway...

Thanks in advance!

What is your promotion's product?

If you have a product type where the fans are there to see angles, personalities, gimmicks and established stars, no one cares how many flips or dives Omega and Ricochet do if no one knows who they are.

If you have a family friendly entertainment promotion, the fans will lose interest if Omega and Ricochet are out there for 25 minutes because you have an audience full of kids who want to see larger than life characters.

There are plenty of product types and scenarios where they hypothetical "five-star" match falls flat.

Side note: If that Omega vs. Ricochet style of match is what you want to present, try "Fast and Furious" as your product.

What is your promotion's product?

If you have a product type where the fans are there to see angles, personalities, gimmicks and established stars, no one cares how many flips or dives Omega and Ricochet do if no one knows who they are.

If you have a family friendly entertainment promotion, the fans will lose interest if Omega and Ricochet are out there for 25 minutes because you have an audience full of kids who want to see larger than life characters.

There are plenty of product types and scenarios where they hypothetical "five-star" match falls flat.

Side note: If that Omega vs. Ricochet style of match is what you want to present, try "Fast and Furious" as your product.

The product is based on real world AEW settings, so story-centric matches, with a 85/15 split of matches vs. angles. Theoretically, I think my booking makes sense for the product. It's the perception of the wrestlers that seems to be affecting the quality overall.

The product is based on real world AEW settings, so story-centric matches, with a 85/15 split of matches vs. angles. Theoretically, I think my booking makes sense for the product. It's the perception of the wrestlers that seems to be affecting the quality overall.

Someone else may be able to address this better because I primarily play the C-Verse, but the mod you're using could be the issue. As well as all the changes you made to simplify playing.

Using AEW as an example is also an issue because of a wide range of perceptions that could be baked into a mod. For some AEW is the end-all-be all; for others AEW is the drizzling snitz.

Long-story-short on "real-world" mods: They cannot always be trusted to deliver the perception you have out of the box. Some require a lot of extra work and adjustment, often as play progresses.

Someone else may be able to address this better because I primarily play the C-Verse, but the mod you're using could be the issue. As well as all the changes you made to simplify playing.

Using AEW as an example is also an issue because of a wide range of perceptions that could be baked into a mod. For some AEW is the end-all-be all; for others AEW is the drizzling snitz.

Long-story-short on "real-world" mods: They cannot always be trusted to deliver the perception you have out of the box. Some require a lot of extra work and adjustment, often as play progresses.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. And for the most part, I'm inclined to agree. looking at it realistically, Kenny Omega, for example, doesn't have a ton of mainstream recognition in the US, compared to a Roman Reigns or a John Cena.

My issue as to whether or not that should affect the quality ratings of his matches notwithstanding, I recognise I need to increase the perception of these people in order to boost things.

Do we know if creating my own developmental promotion and sending some of the C- and D-list talent to it will organically increase the perception rating?

Yeah, I get what you're saying. And for the most part, I'm inclined to agree. looking at it realistically, Kenny Omega, for example, doesn't have a ton of mainstream recognition in the US, compared to a Roman Reigns or a John Cena.

My issue as to whether or not that should affect the quality ratings of his matches notwithstanding, I recognise I need to increase the perception of these people in order to boost things.

Do we know if creating my own developmental promotion and sending some of the C- and D-list talent to it will organically increase the perception rating?

Perception is based on popularity. How much a worker's popularity is close to your company popularity is the base number that give them their perception. High Momentum can help raise their perception above what it is.

So, unless, your own development promotion is big enough to give them exposure and raise their popularity, i don't think it will be helpfull at all.

My advice is to pick from your roster a small group of workers and push them strong to increase their popularity and momentum, that will increase their perception.