MAW: The Uprising!

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][B]MONDAY, WEEK 1 - DEC. 2005[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] ((( As I drove down a long dirt road polluted by deserted gas stations and 100 year old homes, I was feeling a little unsure if I was on the right track here. You see, about a week ago a friend of mine called me up. You might know of him, his name is Steven Parker. The Future. Steven had some very interesting news for me, seeing as how my dream has always been to get my big break in the business and land a job writing for a promotion. I felt I deserved a shot seeing as how I've been working for free around the local indies, giving my time as a cameraman, working the P.A. system, ring announcing, etc. for nothing... just a chance to go backstage and hopefully meet the people that could get me where I want to be. ))) Me: Maybe I should call Steven. This can't be remotely close to where this guy lives. No way.... eh. ((( After a couple of years of giving my time away for no reward, no nothing, it looks like all of that could be paying off soon. When Steven called, he informed me that MAW's booker, Karen Killer, had stepped down to resume her role as a manager citing that she simply doesn't have the time for the strenuous work load while in reality her stint as booker had bombed worse than the Backstreet Boys' reunion tour. Ticket sales were in the toilet and the owner, Rip Chord, was taking out loans he had no way to pay just to keep the ship afloat. This is why I'm here, going only GOD knows where, in search of him. To let him know who I am, what what we both can do for each other. But at this point I was completely lost. I finally drove up to a beaten down white trailor with beer cans and whiskey bottles scattered along the driveway. I pulled up beside the 91 Chevy Cavalier that was parked there and took out my cell phone to politely ask where the hell Steven had lead me and why he picked me to play this cruel joke on. ))) Me: DAMN... no service. I really am in the middle of no ****in' where. And here I was thinking the Carolinas were a little more... sophisticated than this. Maybe whoever lives here has a phone I can use. It's worth a try. Gotta do something because I'm almost out of gas. And if they don't have a phone, atleast they maybe can point me in the direction of a service station. ((( I walked up to the door, stepping over the liqour bottles and such. I politely knocked on the door, yet noone answered. I shrugged and tried again to no avail. Finally I became frustrated and started banging. Finally none other than RIP CHORD, former WORLD CHAMPION answered. Now, this wasn't exactly the Rip Chord I pictured, people. This was a worn down, beaten down man. He started screaming at me as I could smell the alchohol on his breath. ))) Rip Chord: JUST WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU WANT?! LOOK, IF YOU'RE WANTING A PAYMENT, I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY! NOW GET OUT OF MY FACE!!! ((( Slamming the door shut, I was stunned by what the man had become. But I guess I should've known... his career was over and the only thing he had left was about to go bankrupt. I knocked on the door again and he re-opened the door, looking more pissed than before. ))) Me: Hey look, I'm no bill collector, Rip. I just want a job. Rip Chord: Really? Well f-ck off! We're not hiring! I doubt you ever even see the likes of MAW again... or me, for that matter. Me: Now what do you mean by that, Rip? You're a legend, a hall of famer. I used to have a Rip Chord action figure, man. I even slept with it at night to keep me safe. Rip Chord: I don't need to know about how you touch yourself thinking of me, kid. You seem like you're just another fan who thinks they can hack it in the business. Just get out of my face. ((( He tried to close the door once again, but I threw my arm in the way to block him and walked through. I saw old trophys and title belts everywhere. It was like a pro wrestling shrine. But the surroundings weren't very flattering. An old 16 inch TV and a ragged sofa were about the only belongings of Rip in sight. He looked stunned that I had made my way into his home uninvited. ))) Me: All I'm asking for is a chance, Rip. Let's sit down, let's talk about where you want this promotion to go. Besides, I don't have much of a chance here. You're not really living in the lap of luxory here and like you pointed out, you're at the helm of a sinking ship, brother. There's water on deck. Rip Chord: How'd you find me? Me: I'm good friends with Steven Parker. I've been doing some side work around the indies, met him at a show in Alabama. Rip Chord: Screw it. Sit down. ((( Around 30 minutes later I walked out of that trailor with my first job as head booker. It wasn't exactly a flattering or glamorous introduction into the sport, but it was a start. Now I faced the task of turning poor Rip's company around, and I'd start one step at a time. Step one - totally re-vamp Rip's crib, starting with turning his spare bed room into my personal office. To Home Depot I went. :cool: )))

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][B]TUESDAY WEEK 1 - DEC. 2005[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]MAW STAFF MEETING #1[/COLOR][/SIZE] ((( Where a spare bedroom used to sit in Rip's old piece of sh-t trailor stood my new office. Here was where myself, Rip, and the 19 MAW employees sat... rather crammed in, too. We could barely breathe as I began to speak. ))) Me: Before I start, I want to let everyone know that regardless of what happens today, regardless of wheter you are still with this company tommorow, you will always be a part of our family. We'll send recommendations to other promotions if we feel you are not a part of our plans for the future, and if a spot opens up, you will be the first ones to be looked at. So let's get to business. I have decided that the tag team titles here in MAW are no longer going to be kept in tact for the time being. I feel that it's best for us, with the limited budget, to put full focus into our singles division and the World Heavyweight Championship. ((( Eddie Howard stands up in disgust, with his tag team title draped over his shoulder. ))) Eddie Howard: What the Hell, man?! You've GOT to be kidding me! Tag team wrestling is an important part of this business. What a joke... man, this place won't be around next year. Me: If that's the way you feel, Eddie, you can hit the door along with the tag team titles. Have a great day, and the best of luck in ALL of your future endeavors. Eddie Howard: Hey, f-ck you. Come on, D.C. Let's get out of here. ((( D.C. Rayne looks at Howard, but doesn't move. ))) Me: I said you were gone, Eddie. Not D.C. ((( Howard throws his hands up in disgust and storms out of the office. ))) Me: Now, to continue on... budget cuts are key to the survival of the promotion. But after we get on our feet with a steady revenue stream, expanding is our goal. You guys, MAW wrestlers today, are the MAW SUPERSTARS of tommorow. To get to this point, the promotion is going to be taking a little more riskier tone to it. The t&a and violence are going to take forefront. This ain't the 80's. Sorry, Rip. ((( The both of us laugh a little bit before I continue. ))) Me: There's alot more I want to go over, but I'd like to talk to each and every one of you personally now. One on one. If you'll excuse me, myself and Rip would like to speak to Karen. If you'll all wait in the living room, or the "lobby" as we like to call it, we'll call each of you in one by one. Thanks. [SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"]Key Notes From Meeting[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] = Tag Team Titles de-activated = Eddie Howard released = Titan released = Persephone released = Nicole Kiss released = Flash Savage released

[img]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/spacemountain86/MAW_alt.jpg[/img] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]PRESENTS...[/SIZE][/FONT] [IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/spacemountain86/bigass.jpg[/IMG] [b]Just when you thought you were safe, the monster is back for more blood as Mid-Atlantic Wrestling rocks the Stanley Hall. Bring the kids... but be ready to cover their eyes as this ain't your daddy's 'rasslin! Tickets are on sale NOW at MAWrestling.com for "THE BIG ASS BRAWL IN STANLEY HALL"![/b] [B][COLOR="Red"]Steven Parker Vs. Oscar Golden[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Erik Strong Vs. Ricky Douglas[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Atlas Vs. D.C. Rayne[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]And in the MAIN EVENT... Mainstream Hernandez will be challenging Mean Jean Cattley for his MAW World Heavyweight Championship![/COLOR][/B] Don't you dare miss all of this and MORE as MAW brings to you The BIG ASS Brawl In Stanley Hall! [b]NOTE: Card subject to change.[/b]

picks interested to see where this will go....but here are my picks.... [B]Steven Parker[/B] Vs. Oscar Golden Erik Strong Vs. [B]Ricky Douglas[/B] Atlas Vs. [B]D.C. Rayne[/B] And in the MAIN EVENT... Mainstream Hernandez will be challenging [B]Mean Jean Cattley[/B] for his MAW World Heavyweight Championship!

Archived