Ownership/Broadcast Question

I'm playing as an owner of World Championship Wrestling, using the 2000 historical mod, and have run into an issue I can't figure out. I lost my slot on TNT for Monday Night Nitro so I went to broadcasters to find a new slot. Several popped up as interested, but when I choose one to negotiate with I'm blocked with a message to the effect your owners, Turner Broadcasting, have blocked it due to the broadcaster having clashing content. I am the owner so I'm not sure why Turner is stated as the owner. I've looked at the in-game editor and I can't seem to find a way to get around this.

Can someone help with how I solve this problem? Thanks.

Turner Broadcasting do own the company in that mod. Your position of "owner" is not literal, that's just a synonym for being the one running the company's day to day operations. You still answer to them and would go out of business if they do.

If you don't want them as owners then you'd have to go into the main editor, select WCW, and remove Turner from their ownership position, then start a new game. You can't do anything about it in your current save game.

Thanks for the information. One additional question. Since my A show was dropped, I have gone to every broadcaster who was open to negotiating, even ones with very small coverage, and Turner has blocked every one. This is perplexing as I have no way to broadcast my A show, despite having pretty good ratings and my product overall is good. So is there anything I can do to get my show back on the air?

You can't have shows on networks that aren't associated with Turner, as they won't allow you to deal with competitors. You'd need to get a slot on a Turner station. If there's none willing to deal with you, you won't be able to air shows until you either meet their criteria again or whatever block is in place expires.