Crowd size too big ?

Hi,

Is it me or the attendance size are too big in the game ? Small companies like QAW or PSW are able to draw 5 000 people crowd. In my game CZCW are medium size and got 25 000 people in a show.

In real life, AEW biggest crowd is around 18-19k, ROH never reached 10 000 and company like PWG draws 500. I saw that ECW biggest crowd was around 6 000.

Yes, the figures are absolutely busted and insanely unrealistic.

In my head canon, the Cornellverse is an alternate universe where the general public just REALLY loves wrestling, and has no other hobbies or sporting events (except the NBA playoffs and the Super Bowl, which are official Cornellverse canon.)

Wrestling is simply a much bigger deal in the Cornellverse. There are THREE companies in the US that are effectively nationwide, something that has never really been the case IRL - closest being AWA, NWA and WWF I guess - and a thriving independent scene outside of that. Every region in the world seemingly has its own very active wrestling scene with only really Europe struggling in 2020.

Have you tried running a narrative in your game that will crash the wrestling industry and economy? Also maybe the c-verse companies are too popular for your taste by default. Don't feel bad about dropping those pops.

I've tried to mirror real life a bit with dropping the pop of TCW to just barely in the medium by only having pop in their key regions (very low pop in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, tri-state, new england).

Then you can also drop the pop of those top US indies.

The only issue with that is you might unintentionally put a couple of those companies (PSW, QAW) out of business.

Also maybe the c-verse companies are too popular for your taste by default. Don't feel bad about dropping those pops.

They're not though. The company popularity should be aligned with the wrestlers' popularity, which they already are.

This isn't a database issue. The relation between company popularity and base level attendance levels is just wrong and unrealistic, embedded into the game's code. The scalability isn't correct, and also throws off the financial management aspect of the game.

To be fair... Alot of the irl companies also had just really really bad management.

ROH's lack of growth is fully on them

The hottest time in wrestling history in the United States saw them mostly hosting the biggest shows to crowds of less than 20k. A national promotion in TEW can pretty easily host PPVs to crowds of 50k plus every month. It's kind of silly.

The hottest time in wrestling history in the United States saw them mostly hosting the biggest shows to crowds of less than 20k. A national promotion in TEW can pretty easily host PPVs to crowds of 50k plus every month. It's kind of silly.

ROH never ever came close to 20k. Their highest verified crowd was 3500, outside of the events co-promoted by New Japan. (Roughly around 16k for the G1 Supercard)

ROH isn't a national promotion either and I would argue that they're not even "Medium" in size. Doesn't seem too far fetched to say that with proper commercial work (and better production value) they could have atleast doubled the regular audience and - for their biggest cards - draw 10k people by themselves

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53971" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The simple fact is wrestling is more Popular in the C-Verse. The amount of larger companies in C-Verse compared to the Real World supports that. <p> </p><p> I doubt WWE even hits the 70s for Popularity nowadays.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, this is true.</p><p> </p><p> The real issue is that real world doesn't scale to the requirements in TEW20.</p><p> </p><p> For example, in order to be considered national in TEW (which is the only way title reigns count for HOI) WWF has to be 78 pop in South East and Mid Atlantic. Based on that popularity, even with industry set to low and falling, they can draw a crowd of over 45,000 for a pay-per-view in the region. So at the BARE MINIMUM popularity to be a national fed, you can get close to 50k to an event in the WORST industry setting possible. </p><p> </p><p> I've just turned off attendance in my mind and don't think about it.</p>

• 1 month later...
Yes, this is true.

The real issue is that real world doesn't scale to the requirements in TEW20.

For example, in order to be considered national in TEW (which is the only way title reigns count for HOI) WWF has to be 78 pop in South East and Mid Atlantic. Based on that popularity, even with industry set to low and falling, they can draw a crowd of over 45,000 for a pay-per-view in the region. So at the BARE MINIMUM popularity to be a national fed, you can get close to 50k to an event in the WORST industry setting possible.

I've just turned off attendance in my mind and don't think about it.

Jumping back in on this old thread.

You can try lowering the region importance for all regions. Smaller regions will lower attendances at higher pops. It will make promotion finances less stable but should even out attendances.

Another thing you can do is resize events, so that all events arent normal. Mix in some lesser events for all companies, so only truly big shows are normal events.