Taking the Cornellverse by Storm (A World League Mode Dynasty)

I’ve created a Lance Storm character to use in league mode. Here are his current stats. Brawling: D Power: C- Strong Style: F Hardcore: D MMA: F Mat Wrestling: B+ Chain Wrestling: B+ Submission: B+ Aerial: C+ Flashiness: C- Microphone: C Charisma: C Acting: C+ Looks: C Star Quality: C Basics: A* Psychology: A Safety: A* Consistency: A Selling: B+ Athleticism: A* Toughness: C+ Stamina: A Business: F Booking: C- Respect: B+ Intensity: C+ Stiffness: C- Resiliance: A Menace: F Refereeing: F Spirit: A Overness: 75% everywhere in Canada 65% everywhere in USA Didn’t set it elsewhere yet Starting Position: Canadian Wrestling League Division 1 – 15th Position Moveset generated using Technical and Super Junior, then adjusted to ensure Lance’s major moves are included.

Since the full version is coming out soon, I decided to go ahead and post week 1 tonight. [b]Week 1: Lance Storm v Ryan Powell[/b] [i]Pre-match Thoughts [/i] Ryan is a pretty good high flyer. I need to play to my strengths and keep him grounded while wearing him down for the Straight Shooter (or Canadian Maple Leaf, whichever name you prefer) or Sharpshooter. Focusing on his legs will both set this up and hurt his high-flying. [i]The Match[/i] I started out in control with a kick, but he just shrugged it off and fired back with some punches, but after he knocked me down, I dodged a knee drop and went to work on his leg, repeatedly driving my elbow into his knee. After I got the momentum, he avoided one of the elbow drops and went for a roll-up, but I slipped out of it and hit a dropkick. I followed this up by trying for a Bow and Arrow, but he countered with a mix of kicks and chops. After getting knocked down again, I avoided another knee drop and got the Bow and Arrow, taking a lot out of him before he managed to roll me into a pinning situation. This fired him up, and he fired off a dropkick of his own, then a headscissors takedown to turn the momentum back in his favor. I dodged a basement dropkick and pulled him to his feet for a butterfly suplex, but in a great counter, he turned it into another headscissors. After wearing me down a bit more, he made the mistake of playing to the crowd, allowing me to dodge a running dropkick. I applied an Indian Deathlock, but he made it to the ropes, then countered a suplex with a dropkick. As I got to my feet, he went to the second turnbuckle and went for a dropkick, but I caught his legs and turned him over into a Boston Crab. After I wore him down some more, he hit a DDT and went to the top again, but I popped up and hit a big superplex. I went for the pin, hoping to make him expend the energy to kick out… and got a three count? Winner: Lance Storm via Suicide-A-Plex at 16:30 Match Grade: C- [i]Division 1 Match Results[/i] Dean McWade defeated Johnny Bloodstone Steve DeColt defeated Dan DaLay Duane Stone defeated Elmo Benson R.K. Hayes defeated John Maverick Jack DeColt defeated Groucho Bling BLZ Bubb defeated Ricky DeColt Mike Watson defeated Eddie Chandler Angry Gilmore defeated Alex DeColt Dan Stone Jr. defeated Jeremy Stone This victory bumped me up to 4th Position, but it’s still early enough that it doesn’t mean much.

[b]Week 2: Lance Storm v Angry Gilmore[/b] [i]Pre-match Thoughts[/i] Angry is a really good all-rounder, so it’s going to be tough to figure out his plan before the match starts. I’ll probably go for his legs since it worked against Ryan last week. [i]The Match:[/i] I started off with a dropkick, but he gouged my eye before I could capitalize. He proceeded to chop me a few times before I hit a legsweep and went to work on his leg with elbow drops and a spinning toe hold. I pulled him to his feet and hit a spin kick, then a snap suplex for 1. He fought back, but I countered and hit a knee breaker, then tried for an Indian Deathlock, but he escaped and hit me with a dropkick of his own before laying into me with stomps and a Giant Swing. I avoided a splash, then dizzily got to my feet. I locked in a figure four, and after a while picked him up and hit a backbreaker stretch. I tried for a slingshot splash, but he dodged, then hit a vertical suplex when I got to my feet. He wore me down some more, then hit a flying legdrop. I dodged a snap driving elbow attempt and pulled him to his feet, delivering a butterfly suplex before locking in a bow and arrow. After a few seconds, he managed to pin my shoulders to the mat for two, then surprised me with the Anger Management for the win. Winner: Angry Gilmore via Anger Management at 20:10 Match Grade: C- [i]Division 1 Match Results[/i] Dan DaLay beat Dean McWade Johnny Bloodstone beat Elmo Benson Steve DeColt beat RK Hayes Duane Stone beat Jack DeColt John Maverick beat BLZ Bubb Ryan Powell beat Groucho Bling Eddie Chandler beat Ricky DeColt Jeremy Stone beat Mike Watson Dan Stone Jr. beat Alex DeColt The loss dropped me to seventh in the division.

Archived