Rivals on the Network

Something I’ve noticed while playing some saves is that companies at war with each other can end up on the same network. This is unrealistic as even if the companies are small it’s illogical for promotions that are trying to tear each other down to be on the same network. A mechanism should be added that if companies are at war they cannot get picked up by the same network. And if the network has both promotions and then they go to war the tv network should not sign back the promotion that gets worse ratings.

I would like this in play in some capacity. I hate seeing WCW and WWF on the same network. Not sure how to fix it but definitely seems like it would never happen.

I agree in modern wrestling but it did kinda happen in 1984-85 when TBS had the WWF and two traditional NWA promotions (Georgia and Mid-South). Georgia was the promotion that rose up out of the ashes of the one the WWF bought and kicked off TBS.

NWA promoters were very mad at Vince's expansion. To the point of violent rumors (which never surfaced but they really hated him).

Where the Vince example is valid. The circumstances around that were complaints from fans missing their “Gordon Solie” wrestling. I feel like that case is an extenuating circumstance that would have to fall by the waste side in TEW to be able to make the game more sensible where two companies that despise each like WCW and WWF can’t get on the same network. Or what could happen is, which ever company is bigger could have the power to steal the network away. So they’d sign a deal with the rivals network and once the rivals contract expires their off and the bigger company is on.

I would like this in play in some capacity. I hate seeing WCW and WWF on the same network. Not sure how to fix it but definitely seems like it would never happen.

You make it a default that when a large company like the WWF or WCW (or even AEW) signs with a broadcaster that broadcaster only shows programming from that one company. I can't think of an example past the mid 80s where a broadcaster had the WWE or WCW and something else (aside from perhaps broadcast stations having B level syndicated shows from both in the late 80s, early 90s).

To make it more fun if a company grows they can steal the exclusive broadcaster from the other company when the contract comes due (example if AEW got big enough they replace Smackdown on Fox). That would be a fun addition to the "war" or rivalry aspect and a way to dunk on your competition. Plus it would increase your company's prestige and force your rival to a lower network.

Maybe it works different in other parts of the world so that has to be considered as well.

Where the Vince example is valid. The circumstances around that were complaints from fans missing their “Gordon Solie” wrestling.

I was one of them. I just got cable two weeks prior. I was excited to see the WWF on WOR but decidedly less excited to see Vince take over the Georgia promotion I heard so much good about (and I loved the sound of the ring).

Being in Florida I still got my "Gordon Solie wrestling" fix via the Florida territory. The stuff they were doing in 83-84 was incredible. Way ahead of its time.