I've started a new save on the RWC with IMPACT due to their last few shows being great.

One thing I'm struggling with is the taping schedule. When starting they had BTI, an hour long, and IMPACT, 2 hours long, taped once a month. So that would have been 12 hours of wrestling for the crowd to watch.

So I cancelled BTI for now and moved IMPACT to once a fortnight, so I've got 4 hours of taping every two weeks.

First show goes perfect. No issues at all.

Second show I always get the burnt out crowd. I put a Calm the Crowd in the pre-show of the second show, open with a steady angle. I try not to overload the second show too much but as soon as I get to last 3 matches, crowd burns out again.

Does anybody know what hour the crowd burn out starts at? I read it was 4 hours but it's starting to look like it's more like 3 and a half? I'm going to guess the pre show segments count too?

Crowd burnout is actually very in line with the experience of those Impact/TNA bulk taping schedules, so if you're being accurate to life then you should expect to get that note without fail.

If you want to avoid it, it's less about total show time (although that plays into it) and more about consistent crowd management.

Avoiding Epic, Spectacle, Steal the Show etc during these super long tapings help.

I believe that if the majority of your card have matches that are aimed at storytelling, comedy, eye candy, calming the crowd after every hot match/angle, and working the crowd before big matches you can fight the burnout.

Also keep the matches as short as possible in the last leg of the taping. A 30 minute slow build main event in taping 4 could suffer from burnout regardless of if you bring them down right before it.