WWF 2001 - Saving The Invasion

Non-Title Match:

Val Venis & Hardcore Holly w/ Crash & Molly [vs] Mr. Perfect & Mr. Sexay

Does the Hollys have bad chemistry?

Good question, and no. One of my tag teams do, which is annoying, but Hardcore and Val coming together makes sense in my mind. In 2000 in real life, my figure fed was booming. I had some epic tag teams, and Holly/Val was one of them. I just thought, how do I bring them together? And then decided on the love story of Val and Molly. I feel with families, or when there's a genuine connection between wrestlers, it means more when they team up, have each others' backs, or fight against each other!

Hardcore Title Match:

Rikishi w/ Umaga & Haku [vs] ‘The American Badass’ The Undertaker ©

Jushin Thunder Liger [vs] ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Rapid Fire (K-Kwik & Billy Gunn) [vs] Albert & Perry Saturn w/ Terri

Non-Title Match:

Spike Dudley [vs] ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

‘The King of Mystery’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin

cTnlhC0.jpg

MARCH 2002, WEEK 2…

In The Booth:

RaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Michael Cole and Tazz

Last Ride…

The Undertaker opened the show… ‘The American Badass’ stomped to the ring, bikeless, and p****d off…

K8r2Jdh.jpg

‘Taker claimed that The Rock took it too far on RAW, by pushing his Harley out of a loading dock… It’s now with a bodyshop in Kansas City, and they’re not sure they can repair the damage… so it might be gone forever… He said that the spray paint on Rock’s truck can easily be washed off, and therefore was a temporary insult, not a permanent one… This brought The Rock out to the ring, and ‘Taker climbed out as he got in…!!

lOth3TP.jpg

The Rock:
“Let The Rock get this STRAIGHT… You… ‘The AMERICAN BADASS’… are out here, whining… complaining… and then when The Rock comes to confront you, you high tail and get the heck outta here…?! Well The Rock sees it now… At WrestleMania 18, The Rock knows… That The Undertaker FEARS him… Yu see, The Rock says… in front of the MILLIONS (and millions) of Rock’s fans… He’s going to take EVERYTHING from you… The Harley was just the start… at ‘Mania, your undefeated streak goes… and tonight… your Hardcore Championship, will be gone…!! Because right now… You have a Hardcore Title defence… against ‘The Samoan Badass’… RIKISHI…!!”

xUbjWZk.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpg8K09OdK.jpg

Rikishi, Umaga and Haku strolled to the ring, and ‘Taker realised he was caught between The Rock and a hard place… He panicked and tried to run, but The Rock got out of the ring, and forced him into sliding into it!! Rock and his fellow Island Boys surrounded the ring as Rikishi versus ‘Taker kicked us off…

xeWtX26.png

xUbjWZk.jpg
w/
CmNFaZ9.jpg8K09OdK.jpgAIteFsf.jpgK8r2Jdh.jpg

Rikishi w/ Umaga & Haku [vs] ‘The American Badass’ The Undertaker ©

Short match here, but one with a really nice storyline thread running throughout it. Undertaker was outgunned out there, and couldn’t retreat anywhere to get away from big Rikishi. For the finish, he missed a splash in the corner, and landed flat on his back. Rikishi hopped to the second rope, and came down hard with a splash that took the wind out of Undertaker’s sails. Rock held ‘The American Badass’s’ feet down and he couldn’t kick out of the resulting pin!!

Winner:
AND NEW WWF Hardcore Champion: Rikishi w/ Umaga & Haku

Finish:
'Corner Splash'

And NEW…

A furious Undertaker had no choice but to tuck his tail between his legs and leave the ring… he had zero help from Vince, Shane or ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin tonight, and he was in there against four tough Islanders… The Rock raised Rikishi’s hand, and the new Hardcore Champion grabbed a microphone…

lOth3TP.jpgtvGu4VS.pngCmNFaZ9.jpg8K09OdK.jpg

Rikishi:
“This Title means everything to me, and my Family… And I’m announcin’… that from now on… the 24 hour stipulation, is BACK… If anyone wants to try somethin’… come an’ try it… Because from now on… THE BLOODLINE… got my back, always…!!”

Rikishi then turned his attention to Kidman, Bill DeMott and Razor Ramon who jumped him while he was alone on RAW… He said that from now on, he, Umaga and Haku wouldn’t go anywhere alone… He also said he doesn’t accept Kidman’s explanation… So, at WrestleMania 18… It’s going to be Kidman, DeMott and Ramon… versus Rikishi, Umaga and Haku…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

Wrestler’s Wrestler…

Backstage interviewer Coach caught up with Steven Richards…

0e1eyfz.jpgzE06pgR.jpg

Steven Richards:
“Glad we could have this time Coach… But also… I hate you…!! Yeahhhh… See that Coach…?! I’m a ‘TWEENER’ now…!! Perhaps the greatest Tweener in WWF history… I am, ‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’… and on RAW, I’ll face a stern ‘Test’… I’m… I’m fighting Test… Okay?!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

2klEsrH.jpgAIteFsf.jpg3cHGDaE.jpg

Jushin Thunder Liger [vs] ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Great match here, and a coming of age performance from Steve Blackman. Jushin Liger worked extremely hard to make Blackman look great, and he did. For the finish, Blackman set Liger up for a reverse DDT, but kicked one of his knees out, and locked in a ‘Dragon Sleeper’ instead!

Winner:
‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Finish:
'Dragon Sleeper'

MiuDDxH.jpg

8MqvQ4Z.jpg

Al Snow headed to the ring next, for The Al Snow Show…!!

XqUPwv8.jpg

Al Snow:
“Bit of a downgrade on last week (Vince McMahon was his first guest), buuuuut the only way is down when you start with Vince McMahon as your first guest… So without further ado… my second, and third, guests… Marty Jannetty… and first, Jerry Lynn…!!”

Lynn and Jannetty made their way out… one at a time… and were extremely respectful towards one another…

3jf0OES.jpgK26hRjs.jpg

Al Snow:
“Aaaaaall right guys… You’ve been teaming up in recent weeks… but in recent months, you’ve wanted to END each other… Why the change…?! And where do you see this team going…?! A regular tag team…?!”

Neither man knew how to answer at first, but Lynn took over… He said he and Marty developed a mutual respect for one another after months of feuding over the Light Heavyweight Title… Jannetty took the Belt from Lynn on his first night back with the company, and they’ve fought back and forth ever since… On weather they’d become a regular tag team, they both had no idea… However, they do have a tag team match again on RAW… as they continue to search for their first win as a duo…

MiuDDxH.jpg

tpaAQao.jpgEQKMqT9.jpgAIteFsf.jpgGuU9FrF.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpg9PrlwtT.jpg

Rapid Fire (K-Kwik & Billy Gunn) [vs] Albert & Perry Saturn w/ Terri

Albert and Saturn have an excellent record as a tag team, winning 8 out of 12 of their matches as a duo. They made light work of Rapid Fire here, with K-Kwik being put down by Albert’s ‘Baldo Bomb’.

Winners:
Albert & Perry Saturn w/ Terri

Finish:
'Baldo Bomb'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Unwelcome Guest…

3RgtI34.jpg

In a video that was taped on Monday Night, The Hardy Family were shown at the Hardy Compound next, with Matt, Jeff, Senior Benjamin, Vanguard and Skarsgard frantically arrived back after Benjamin’s victory on RAW, because Kane had been shown arriving at the house hours earlier…!! They arrived to find the front door of the house wide open… and a glass window on the door smashed… The men of the house called out for Lita and Nidia, who had been left behind due to Lita’s injury… caused by a Kane ‘Tombstone Piledriver’ at No Way Out…!! Neither of Matt or Jeff’s girls replied, so Matt decided to split the group up…

Matt Hardy:
“Brother Jeff… Take ‘Senior’ Benjamin upstairs… Bucks Of Youth, you’re with me… and we’re heading to the ‘Safe Room’…!!”

Time moved on a little, and we found Matt, Vanguard and Skarsgard stood outside a door marked ‘Safe Room’… They knocked, and Matt shouted that it was him… In a muffled voice, we heard Lita from behind the door, hilariously saying “I knew you’d come”!!... Then six or seven locks began to open, before the heavy door was opened inwards… Standing in the doorway, was Nidia and Lita… unharmed, but scared…!! Matt checked on his girl Lita, and his Brother Jeff’s girl Nidia…

Matt Hardy:
“Did he hurt you…?! He better not have… By Gaaad… KEARNE… (Kane)… I don’t wanna wait until ‘Mania… So… On RAW… I… I…”

Brother Jeff and ‘Senior’ Shelton Benjamin now arrived, and it interrupted Matt in his tracks…

Matt Hardy:
“KEARNE… On RAW… You can battle Shelton Benjamin 1 on 1… Good luck you FOOL…!!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

kSGGqG6.jpgRw8SAVv.jpg
w/
czDLwU5.jpgYG13D5D.jpgAIteFsf.jpgUSomMzd.jpgwFJYy24.jpg

Val and Holly are rolling now after finally beating Terri’s Boys on RAW. The fan favourites will have watched Albert and Saturn win against Rapid Fire earlier in the show, and will have wanted to follow up their victory with a top tier performance here. In there against the impressive WWF Tag Team Champions, it was never going to be easy. However, they got lucky when Mr. Sexay was looking for a superplex, and Val shoved him backwards. He landed primed for the ‘Money Shot’, and was subsequently pinned.

Winners:
Val Venis & Hardcore Holly w/ Crash & Molly

Finish:
'Money Shot Splash'

MiuDDxH.jpg

The Next Big Power Trip…

We cut to Vince McMahon’s office next, and the Chairman of the World Wrestling Federation was sat at his desk, talking to someone we couldn’t see at first… The camera then panned around to reveal ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar, and his manager Paul Heyman…

fIycXw7.jpgDuq1MYf.jpgShSHEjW.jpg

Vince McMahon:
“Goddammitt Paul, you’ve done it again…!! Look at heem… He’s so BIG… so… VASCULAR… so… BIG…!! Welcome aboard Mr. Lesnar… I think you’ll find your stay with us, quite welcoming… Now… it’s time to discuss a Five Man… excuse me, Six Man Power Trip…!!”

Heyman and Vince shared a laugh, and then Heyman looked at Brock, and he started laughing too… the three of them belly laughed, until Paul and Brock stopped laughing… and they glared at Vince…

Paul Heyman:
“So now you wanna talk about bringing us on board…?! Two weeks ago, I get “Paul, I send you to scout for talent, and you bring back a ‘developmental’ kid…” and now it’s “Come on board PAL!”… Thing is Vince… Much like myself… Mr. Lesnar is a ‘Business Man’… He don’t work for free… and he doesn’t get paid by the hour… He’s here to beat people up… and to do it quickly… and quite frankly, a man of his talents has had, shall we say, some very… generous… offers already…”

Vince growled… He hates talking business with Heyman… He thinks he’s a snake in the grass… a smiling knife… a man not to be trusted…

Paul Heyman:
“We can arrange to sit down and talk… but you’re going to have to go away and table a bid for
our
services… I have to say though… Billionaire as you are… You’re probably NOT going to be able to compete with what we’ve already been offered…”

Heyman thanked Vince for his time, and then held the door open for Brock… As the pair walked through, a face familiar to WWF audiences walked by… the man known as ‘The Animal’ Batista…!!

dmIQj2y.jpg

Batista and Brock glared at one another… neither man saying a word… Heyman urged his client to move along, and then confirmed that both he and Batista would be in singles action on RAW, where they could ‘measure their d***s’ and see who can one-up the other in their respective matches…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

9wEc9lc.jpgAIteFsf.jpgwzRJ862.jpg

Spike Dudley [vs] ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

Spike and Tajiri are no strangers to one another; this being their third 1 on 1 meeting since ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ debuted in the World Wrestling Federation. This one went the same way the first two did, with Tajiri picking up an impressive win.

Winner:
‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

Finish:
'Buzzsaw Kick'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Money In The Bank…??

We cut to Mick Foley’s office next… and the WWF Commissioner responded to a knock at his door with a smile, as Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho entered…

VL71Lsn.jpgrua22cN.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Mr. 2J… Glad you could make it… We need to discuss the situation regarding the amount of people, wanting a shot at the Intercontinental Title… YOUR Intercontinental Title…”

Chris Jericho:
“Mick, I’m so glad you’ve finally seen sense, and brought me in on the decision making… I have SOOOOO many ideas… How about this… You take D’Lo Brown… Edge… Bradshaw and Faarooq… and you put them in a LADDER Match… Hang a contract above the ring… winner gets an Intercontinental Title shot…!! You could even put the contract in an awesome briefcase or something…!!”

Foley fake laughed, and told ‘Y2J’ that he didn’t bring him in to ‘discuss the situation’ in order to get Jericho’s opinion… He brought him in to TELL him the plan… but he actually liked the Ladder Match idea…

Mick Foley:
“I was going to just throw them all in there against you in a match… Maybe put Chris Benoit in to make it a little fairer on you… but now…?! Now I’m seeing this… We take your Intercontinental Belt… and we hang it above the ring… Jericho… versus Benoit… versus D’Lo… Edge… Bradshaw AND Faarooq…!!”

Jericho was angry, but he couldn’t speak… He made a few strange noises, but ultimately stood there with his mouth open… unsure of how to act or what to say…!! WrestleMania 18 is going to be a tough night for him now…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

Double Duty…

The Main Event was on deck next… as Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle were to choose their representatives for it… If Eddie’s guy wins, Eddie has a clear route to the Main Event of WrestleMania 18… If Kurt’s guy wins, then Eddie versus Kurt will open ‘Mania… and if Kurt wins THAT, he goes into the Main Event in Eddie’s place…!! Eddie came out first, and predictably revealed Rey Mysterio as his pick… Then Angle arrived on the stage…

VKX6gnn.jpgTXVb8fQ.jpgl62ei1A.jpg

Kurt Angle:
“If I hadn’t already destroyed him a few weeks ago, I’d have picked Big Show, and watched him squish Rey like a BUG… but then I thought, who is the BEST wrestler in the company… besides me…?! Well… Obviously… It’s the WWF World Heavyweight Champion, and your CURRENTLY scheduled opponent for the WrestleMania Main Event… ‘Stone Cold’ STEVE… AUSTIN…!!”

My2SmI6.jpg

TXVb8fQ.jpgAIteFsf.jpgMy2SmI6.jpg

‘The King of Mystery’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin

Rey and Austin was a ‘dream match’ for some, with two completely different styles, from two different worlds. Austin was as dominant as you’d expect him to be early on, but every time he took his eye off the ball, Rey was able to out quick him and turn the tables. However, Austin regained control when Eddie was jumped by Angle at ringside and the young masked star was distracted. Late on, Rey actually hit the ‘619’, and caused Austin a lot of trouble. He rolled out of the ring to regroup, and then demanded the referee come and check on him. Rey attempted a diver over the ropes, but Austin pulled the referee into the way, and Rey checked himself, landing on his feet on the apron. Austin tripped him causing a rough landing, and then pushed him into the ring. As Rey got up, Austin hit the ‘Stunner’ and scored the win! Kurt Angle is going to WrestleMania 18!! He’s going to fight Eddie in the opening match!!

Winner:
‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin

Finish:
'Stone Cold Stunner'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Contract Signing for RAW…

As the show ended, we learned that on Monday Night RAW, we’re going to see Triple H, Vince and Shane McMahon meet in the middle of the ring, to sign the contract for their upcoming handicap match at WrestleMania… It’s a complex contract, with a couple of stipulations…

If Triple H wins, he gets ‘cut in’ to the decision making in the World Wrestling Federation…

If he loses, his wife Stephanie McMahon will be ‘cut out’ of the company, and ‘cut off’ from her Daddy’s funding…

WWF Commissioner Mick Foley is said to have a plan to make sure both the contract signing, and the match, go off without a hitch… We may find out what that is, this coming Monday…

qVAY6Lw.jpg

Quick Results:

Rikishi [def.] The Undertaker

to WIN the WWF Hardcore Championship…

Steve Blackman [def.] Jushin Thunder Liger

Albert & Saturn [def.] Rapid Fire

Val Venis & Hardcore Holly [def.] Mr. Perfect & Mr. Sexay

Tajiri [def.] Spike Dudley

Steve Austin [def.] Rey Mysterio

Show Rating:

prYG2cX.jpg

>

‘The Big Red Machine’ Kane [vs] ‘Senior’ Shelton Benjamin

Marty Jannetty & Jerry Lynn [vs] ??

Scotty Too Hotty [vs] ‘The Animal’ Batista

?? [vs] ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] Test

Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio & Rikishi [vs] Steve Austin, The Undertaker & Kurt Angle

The WrestleMania 18 Card is almost set... I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on it
:D

The Big Red Machine’ Kane [vs] ‘Senior’ Shelton Benjamin

Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio & Rikishi [vs] Steve Austin, The Undertaker & Kurt Angle

WM card looks good, looking forward to seeing where you take things

The Big Red Machine’ Kane [vs] ‘Senior’ Shelton Benjamin

l2q8GRS.jpg

MARCH 2002, WEEK 3…

In The Booth:

UgpABbq.jpgRaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Tazz

The Hardy Family…

We kicked off the final RAW before WrestleMania 18, with the awe inspiring entrance of The Hardy Family… A very similar entrance to The Brood from a few years back… with a very catchy, but dark, entrance theme music…

bMdGdnY.jpg9hgmH0p.jpgyiNkVvo.jpgp0HJ2gw.jpgVrGtL6m.jpg

Conspicuous by their absence was Lita and Nidia, who were shown on the big screen, locked up in the same ‘Safe Room’ they were in when Kane invaded the Hardy Family Compound… They were more safe tonight though, because Kane was here tonight, and he made his presence felt once ‘Broken’ Matt and co. made it into the ring…

9C8flJI.jpg

9C8flJI.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgyiNkVvo.jpg
w/
bMdGdnY.jpg9hgmH0p.jpgp0HJ2gw.jpgVrGtL6m.jpg

Kane and Benjamin put on a great opener here, but ‘The Big Red Machine’ was badly outnumbered! The big masked monster is hard to control though, and he started using Shelton as a weapon. He threw him over the top rope onto Brian Skarsgard and Christopher Vanguard. He then also used Shelton to barge into Jeff Hardy on the apron, and send him crashing to the floor. Kane then hit his ‘Chokeslam’ on Shelton to score the win! Matt was the only man left standing, his eyes widened, and he gathered his Family up to leave the ringside area as quickly as they could.

Winner:
‘The Big Red Machine’ Kane

Finish:
'Chokeslam'

Q6coVof.jpg

Team Chris…?? Team Crisis…!!

Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit were backstage in the locker room next, with Intercontinental Champion Jericho pacing back and forth, and Benoit sat calmly on a bench… Jericho was furious about the Six Man Ladder Match he now faces at WrestleMania 18… against D’Lo Brown, Faarooq, JBL and Edge… His friend Benoit will make up the field…!!

rua22cN.jpgdmleE7A.jpg

Chris Jericho:
“What the HELL are we gonna DO, Benoit…?! Six man Ladder Match at ‘Mania… At least I’ve got you in there with me… we need a strategy… You got my back, can I trust you…?!”

Benoit slowly stood up, and looked Jericho in his eyes…

Chris Benoit:
“Can you trust me…?! You can trust me… When I say this… IF things open up… if there’s an opportunity to do it… I… will climb that Ladder, and grab your Championship for myself…”

Chris Jericho:
“You’d do that…?!”

Benoit nodded… and was as intense as ever… but Jericho seemed happy…

Chris Jericho:
“You’d do that, for me…?! You’d climb up there… grab my Belt… and hand it to me…?!”

Benoit shook his head and left the room… The delusional Jericho smiled to himself, thinking he had the match at ‘Mania in the bag…

Q6coVof.jpg

K26hRjs.jpg3jf0OES.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgdUFyzIy.jpgdUFyzIy.jpg

Marty Jannetty & Jerry Lynn [vs] Local Enhancement Talent

Jannetty and Lynn have struggled to get a win as a team so far, but tonight was a different story. They weren’t in the ring with an established tag team, or even established WWF employees but they still had to work hard for the victory. Jannetty won it with his ‘Super Kick’ in the end.

Winners:
Marty Jannetty & Jerry Lynn

Finish:
'Super Kick'

Q6coVof.jpg

The Backbone of the Division…

Backstage, WWF Commissioner Mick Foley was stood with three tag teams: Val Venis & Hardcore Holly… Terri’s Boys: Albert & Perry Saturn… and William Regal & Dean Malenko…

VL71Lsn.jpgkSGGqG6.jpgRw8SAVv.jpgGuU9FrF.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpg9PrlwtT.jpgNwAAEuf.jpgBSrpL32.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Gentlemen… It’s my pleasure to announce, that on the Heat Pre-Show to WrestleMania 18, all three of your teams will be receiving a WWF Tag Team Title shot, against Perfect and Sexay…!! A four corners match, with the Titles on the line!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

NklwpFZ.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgdmIQj2y.jpg

The destructive force that is ‘The Animal’ put Scotty Too Hotty away with relative ease here. Scotty had some nice moments, and caused Batista to back-pedal a little. However, as soon as he got some space, Batista exploded out of the corner with a ‘Spear’ and followed it up with a ‘Batista Bomb’.

Winner:
‘The Animal’ Batista

Finish:
'Batista Bomb'

Two Ships Passing…

As Batista left the ring, he was stopped in his tracks on the ramp by the entrance music of ‘The Beast’ Brock Lesnar…!!

dmIQj2y.jpgShSHEjW.jpgDuq1MYf.jpg

Paul Heyman desperately tried to pull Brock away from Batista… ‘The Beast’ and ‘The Animal’ look like they’re on a collision course, but Heyman’s business sense had him making sure it was saved for another day, when both men can earn some big money… Batista shouted “Follow That”, to which Lesnar said “Just Watch, Big Boy!!”…

dUFyzIy.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgShSHEjW.jpg
w/
Duq1MYf.jpg

Local Enhancement Talent [vs] ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar

Another dominant win for Brock here. Batista hadn’t left the stage, as the match was extremely short. Lesnar ended it with the ‘F5’!

Winner:
‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar

Finish:
'F5'

Q6coVof.jpg

Nose Out Of Joint…

In the back, Kurt Angle ran into ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin… The WWF World Heavyweight Champion wasn’t happy with Angle…!! He claimed that Rey Mysterio injured his nose in delivering the ‘619’ on Smackdown… In a match Austin was ‘helping’ Angle out in…

l62ei1A.jpgMy2SmI6.jpg

Steve Austin:
“That is the, LAST, time I help you, Angle…!! Got my nose busted… got my lip all busted up… He kicked me… In the damn face…!!”

Kurt Angle:
“Help me…!? Steve… Please… As I recall, you asked ME… to help YOU… You wanted me to take out Big Show… and Rikishi… now you want me to take out Eddie for you… Like some… kind… of… WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT…?!”

Angle looked over Austin’s shoulder, and the camera panned to reveal The Rock stood listening in…

lOth3TP.jpg

The Rock:
“Yu know The Rock says, you got it all wrong Austin… Wantin’ someone to take someone out for you, and ya chose Kurt…?! He’s great, but he can’t even take out the trash… He sometimes struggles to take out the wedgie in his a** from his wrestling trunks!!”

Kurt Angle:
“HEY!! I wear a singlet… and this conversation, is nothing to do with you… So I think…”

The Rock:
“IT DOESN’T MATTER… What you THINK… Austin, Rey put your nose out of joint… but come ‘Mania, BOTH of you are gonna have your noses put out… Eddie is gonna beat the both of you… The Rock is gonna beat Undertaker… WrestleMania 18 is going to be the worst night in ALL your candy a** careers…!!”

Austin snarled at Rocky… and then told him that tonight, all of those plans could go out of the window… Austin, Angle and Undertaker will take on Eddie Guerrero, and his team including Rey Mysterio and Rikishi…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

zE06pgR.jpgTJDZOqo.jpgfwbU4Ps.jpg

Richards and Test had a barn-burner here, and given more time, could have been an unsung classic of Monday Night RAW from 2002. Test dominated ‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’, but couldn’t find the momentum needed to put Richards down. The finish was excellent, Test missed his ‘Big Boot’ in the corner, and then turned around and staggered onto a ‘Stevie Kick’!!.

Winner:
‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards

Finish:
'Stevie Kick'

Q6coVof.jpg

The Next Edition of the Al Snow Show…

Next up, we learned that The Al Snow Show would be back again for Smackdown… With Snow welcoming Razor Ramon, Bill DeMott, and Kidman – the new group that’s been terrorising the WWF roster since Kidman’s debut, and Ramon and DeMott beginning to work together!! Snow has apparently vowed to get to the bottom of the ‘hierarchy’ of the group, as they seem to be a cohesive unit with no obvious leader… They’re fighting Rikishi, Haku and Umaga at WrestleMania 18, in what looks like a tough test on paper… And speaking of The Bloodline… Rikishi lead his group onto the stage for the Main Event tonight… He told Haku and Umaga to leave him to it, and they did…

VKX6gnn.jpgTXVb8fQ.jpgtvGu4VS.pngTJDZOqo.jpgMy2SmI6.jpgigCN2Qk.jpgl62ei1A.jpg

Austin was out for revenge on Rey Mysterio here, after the masked flier busted his nose on Smackdown. Undertaker wanted revenge on Rikishi, because the big Samoan took his Hardcore Title. Meanwhile Angle, and Austin, both potentially have a match with Eddie Guerrero at WrestleMania 18, so the three of them were looking to gain some kind of advantage ahead of the huge event this Sunday. It was a fascinating six man tag for all of those reasons, and in the end, Angle was the difference maker. He managed to lock Rey in the ‘Ankle Lock’ in the centre of the ring, while Eddie was fighting Austin on the outside of the ring, and Undertaker kicked Rikishi off the apron!

Winners:
Steve Austin, The Undertaker & Kurt Angle

Finish:
'Ankle Lock'

Q6coVof.jpg

Baller…

We took a commercial break after the Main Event, because on deck to close the show was the ‘Contract Signing’ between Triple H… and Vince and Shane McMahon… WWF Commissioner Mick Foley headed to the ring first, and brought the group out to join him…

VL71Lsn.jpgcfR9Cwi.jpgfIycXw7.jpgO1a9aur.jpg

Triple H wore jeans, a black Motorhead t-shirt, and a big leather jacket… while Vince and Shane were suited and booted… You know what Mick Foley was wearing… but it was telling that ‘The Game’ didn’t want to ‘dress up’, even for an important contract signing like this… Foley began to explain the terms of the contract… If Triple H wins, he is ‘cut in’ to the decision making and running of the WWF… If Vince and Shane win, then Triple H and his wife Stephanie McMahon will be ‘cut out’… and ‘cut off’… Before Foley finished, he suddenly remembered something…

Mick Foley:
“I almost forgot… I know this is a 2 on 1 Handicap Match… but I think it’s only right that there’s another man out there… an impartial man… making sure you McMahon boys don’t cheat to win, or anything like that…”

Vince and Shane were angry, but Foley continued, completely ignoring their complaints… He said he thought about a Special Guest Referee… it’s been done before, and worked well, but if it was a ref, it’d have to be someone who knows the business… and if it’s someone from within the company, Vince and Shane could ‘get to him or her’… and promise them the world…

Mick Foley:
“So I’ve decided on a ‘Special Enforcer’… No wrestling or WWF experience required, just stop Undertaker or Austin, or anyone else for that matter, from coming out to the ring… To stop those two, he’d have to be BIG… he’d have to be strong… he’d have to be an ATHLETE… So ladies and gentlemen… I give you… SHAQUIILE O’NEAL…!!”

ZogRKAo.jpg

Big Shaq strolled to the ring, and Vince and Shane continued to be furious… Vince was impressed by the size of the man, and was almost hypnotised by his presence… He looked as though he’d do absolutely anything Shaq asked him to do… But he was shocked to see Shane McMahon jump on Shaq’s back, looking for a sleeper…!! The big basketball player managed to shake Shane off his back, and he fell into the corner… The young McMahon then ran at the big man… Shaq popped him up into the air, and then slammed him down through the table…!!

Foley was worried about the condition of the contract, so grabbed it… Vince slid out of the ring, and waited for Triple H to sign first… ‘The Game’ leant on Shane O’Mac’s lifeless body, as the table was destroyed… He then threw the contract at Vince, and got out of the ring as the show went off the air…!!

aXIbg7R.jpg

Quick Results:

Kane [def.] Shelton Benjamin

Marty Jannetty & Jerry Lynn [def.] Local Enhancement Talents

Batista [def.] Scotty Too Hotty

Brock Lesnar [def.] Local Enhancement Talent

Steven Richards [def.] Test

Steve Austin, The Undertaker & Kurt Angle [def.] Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio & Rikishi

Show Rating:

prYG2cX.jpg

>

‘The King Of Mystery’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘The Crippler’ Chris Benoit

Haku & Umaga w/ Rikishi [vs] The Bucks Of Youth (Skarsgard & Vanguard) w/ The Hardy Family

‘The Real Deal’ D’Lo Brown [vs] John Bradshaw Layfield

Jushin Thunder Liger [vs] ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

William Regal & Dean Malenko and Hardcore Holly & Val Venis [vs] Perfect & Sexay and Terri’s Boys w/ Terri

‘The Great One’ The Rock [vs] ‘Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle

Haku & Umaga w/ Rikishi [vs] The Bucks Of Youth (Skarsgard & Vanguard) w/ The Hardy Family

William Regal & Dean Malenko and Hardcore Holly & Val Venis [vs] Perfect & Sexay and Terri’s Boys w/ Terri

I see this ending in interference.

The King Of Mystery’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘The Crippler’ Chris Benoit

The King Of Mystery’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘The Crippler’ Chris Benoit

cTnlhC0.jpg

MARCH 2002, WEEK 3…

In The Booth:

RaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Michael Cole and Tazz

No Way Out…

We opened the last show before WrestleMania 18 with WWF Commissioner Mick Foley on our screens for a big announcement…

VL71Lsn.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Ladies and Gentlemen… Tonight, FINALLY, D’Lo Brown and John Bradshaw Layfield will go 1 on 1… If JBL tries to wriggle his way out of it… If JBL does NOT compete tonight, against D’Lo Brown… he will be KICKED OUT of the Intercontinental Title Ladder Match at WrestleMania…!! And now… Let the show begin…!!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

TXVb8fQ.jpgAIteFsf.jpgdmleE7A.jpg

Rey and Benoit know each other extremely well, and it lead to an excellent match to open this show. Benoit dominated for much of it, managing to stay away from Rey flying around the ring, and using some stiff strikes to knock him down. However, when Benoit’s ‘friend’ Chris Jericho arrived at ringside, ‘The Crippler’ was badly distracted. Hardly surprising since Jericho was shouting abuse at him from the apron! Rey managed to counter a ‘Crossface’ attempt moments later, and hit the ‘619’ to score the win!

Winner:
‘The King Of Mystery’ Rey Mysterio

Finish:
'619'

Making Enemies…

Backstage, Edge was shown watching the previous match on a monitor… when Faarooq walked up…

O0AMKrZ.jpgmyk5Rwk.jpg

The two fan favourites will, along with Jericho and Benoit who we just saw, compete in the six-man Ladder Match at WrestleMania 18… Faarooq asked Edge if he thought John Bradshaw Layfield would compete against D’Lo Brown tonight (the other two men in the Ladder Match)… and Edge said he was almost certain that JBL would find a way to get out of it… Just then, a panicked Chris Jericho came running past, with the Intercontinental Title…

rua22cN.jpg

Chris Jericho:
“Take a good look, yu Stupid Idiots… This is the closest you’re gonna get to this Title come Sunday… It’ll hang high above the ring, and you won’t make it up the ladders…!! I…”

Jericho caught Chris Benoit out the corner of his eye, as ‘The Crippler’ was chasing him down…!! ‘Y2J’ got the heck out of there…!!

dmleE7A.jpg

MiuDDxH.jpg

8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpg
w/
tvGu4VS.pngAIteFsf.jpgp0HJ2gw.jpgVrGtL6m.jpg
w/
yiNkVvo.jpg

Haku & Umaga w/ Rikishi [vs] The Bucks Of Youth (Skarsgard & Vanguard) w/ Shelton Benjamin

Matt Hardy joined the announce team for this one, while Jeff stood over his shoulder. Lita and Nidia remained at the Compound, as Lita continues to recover from Kane’s Tombstone Piledriver at No Way Out. It wouldn’t have mattered if The Bucks Of Youth had had an army out there with them, they were battered by Haku and particularly the wild, fired up, Umaga. The big man hit his ‘Samoan Spike’ on Brian Skarsgard to win it.

Winner:
Haku & Umaga w/ Rikishi

Finish:
'Samoan Spike'

Get The Compound Ready…

bMdGdnY.jpg9hgmH0p.jpg8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpgtvGu4VS.png

Matt Hardy climbed into the ring once The Bloodline climbed out of it… The ‘Broken’ Hardy Brother was livid at the Bucks Of Youth’s defeat… He helped Brian Skarsgard up to his feet, and then slapped him across the face, knocking him back down again…!! Christopher Vanguard also received a slap, as well as a couple of kicks as he fell down onto the mat… He shouted at ‘Senior’ Benjamin to grab him a microphone…

Matt Hardy:
“Senior Benjameeeeenn… Don’t you think you’re getting away with it… You lost to Kearne (Kane) on RAW too… but I won’t be hitting you tonight… I neeeeed you… Because come WrestleMania 18… when Kearne comes to the Hardy Compound at WrestleMania… Brother Jeff will NOT be there… so I will need YOU… to be my right, hand, man… Yeeeass!!”

Hardy told the Bucks Of Youth to get up… because he’ll need them too… to prepare the battlefield…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

How To Solve A Problem Like Shaq…

In his office, the WWF Chairman Vince McMahon had welcomed his son Shane, and the other two members of the Four Man Power Trip: Steve Austin and The Undertaker…

fIycXw7.jpgO1a9aur.jpgMy2SmI6.jpgigCN2Qk.jpg

Vince McMahon:
“I… am a powerful man… But even with all of my power… all of my contacts… I cannot get to Shaquile O’Neal…!! The ‘Enforcer’ for ‘Stone Cold’s’ World Heavyweight Title Match on Sunday… I can’t get to him… So gentlemen… Time for a round table… What do we DO about Shaq…?!”

The room fell silent… Shane McMahon winced at the mention of the big NBA star’s name, as Shaq put Shane through a table on RAW… We cut away before any plans were revealed… but it was fairly clear that there
were
no plans to be revealed anyway…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

WyzuVA0.jpgAIteFsf.jpgzA3xxQi.jpg

Finally, after months of questioning his integrity, D’Lo Brown got his hands on JBL. The big Texan couldn’t get out of this one, as if he didn’t compete in the match, he’d be kicked out of the Intercontinental Title Ladder Match at WrestleMania 18. He tried to avoid D’Lo for the longest time before tonight, and he tried the same tactic on a smaller scale
in
the match! D’Lo managed to get some great offence in, and looked like he was going to make light work of the stock market expert. But JBL is a big, strong, badass, and he managed to overpower D’Lo in the end. JBL controlled the pace, hit moves like the Fall Away Slam, and then put D’Lo down with the ‘Clothesline From Hell’.

Winner:
John Bradshaw Layfield

Finish:
'Clothesline From Hell'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Playing Games…

We cut backstage following JBL’s victory, and found Eddie Guerrero walking through a corridor… He bumped into Triple H…!!

VKX6gnn.jpgcfR9Cwi.jpg

Eddie smiled, and Triple H seemed pleasant too… ‘Latino Heat’ has two big matches on Sunday night, while Triple H has two opponents in a Handicap Match, so their WrestleMania fate is intertwined… ‘The Game’ wished Eddie luck against both Kurt Angle and Steve Austin… Eddie thanked his fellow fan favourite, and told him he hopes Triple H is ‘Cut In’ to the running of the company (if he beats Vince and Shane McMahon)…

MiuDDxH.jpg

2klEsrH.jpgAIteFsf.jpgwzRJ862.jpg

Liger and Tajiri are two hard-hitting Japanese stars currently competing in America, and they both stand out when they fight. As opponents, the crowd was really into what they were doing, but it was too short to be a classic. For the finish Liger tried to lock Tajiri in a Figure Four Leg Lock, but Tajiri countered out of it, and kicked his masked opponent around the side of his head, and he was beaten. Big win for Tajiri!

Winner:
‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri

Finish:
'Buzzsaw Kick'

MiuDDxH.jpg

8MqvQ4Z.jpg

Lbn3jP4.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpgsnWPx6s.jpg

Al Snow welcomed his guests for this week: Kidman, Razor Ramon and Bill DeMott… the new group who have been working together on WWF television, and causing chaos… Al had previously promised to try and establish a hierarchy in the group… but that wasn’t forthcoming…

Kidman:
“There is no, hierarchy between the three of us… We all work towards the same goal… It’s, it’s bigger than us Al…”

Al Snow:
“Bigger than you…?! So… there’s a leader, but it’s not one of you three…?! Someone we don’t know…!?”

Razor Ramon:
“EY YO!!... He knows too much boys…”

Ramon clicked his fingers, and Bill DeMott attacked Al Snow… Kidman got some kicks in too… Ramon then hoisted him up, and planted him with the ‘Razor’s Edge’…!! Kidman teased hitting the ‘Shooting Star Press’, but told the fans they didn’t deserve to see it… and the group left Al lying in the ring… but not before kicking signs, and chairs over…!!

MiuDDxH.jpg

NwAAEuf.jpgBSrpL32.jpgRw8SAVv.jpgkSGGqG6.jpgAIteFsf.jpgUSomMzd.jpgwFJYy24.jpgGuU9FrF.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpg
w/
9PrlwtT.jpg

A great night of in-ring action continued here, with the Tag Champs Perfect & Sexay needing a win here. They had the big, menacing, Albert and Saturn on their side tonight, but these four teams will meet as opponents in a four corners match on the Heat Pre-Show. Perfect got the win tonight, planting Val Venis with his ‘Perfect Plex’ while Albert stopped everyone else from breaking up the pin.

Winners:
Perfect & Sexay and Terri’s Boys w/ Terri

Finish:
'Perfect Plex'

MiuDDxH.jpg

The Next Big Match…

ShSHEjW.jpgDuq1MYf.jpg

Backstage, Brock Lesnar and his manager Paul Heyman were walking through an area of the building where a lot of wrestlers were stood or sat, talking to backstage… Spike Dudley kept his distance… Billy Gunn alerted K-Kwik, who had his back to ‘The Next Big Thing’… and Steve Blackman also acknowledged the big man… more out of respect than fear… Then, as Lesnar and Heyman turned a corner, they found ‘The Animal’ Batista stood leaning against a wall with his arms folded…

dmIQj2y.jpg

Batista was in Brock’s way, as he was stood in front of the door to the parking lot…and despite an awkward pause, Batista stepped aside and let ‘The Next Big Thing’ pass… Just then, backstage interviewer Coach walked up… The door closed behind Lesnar and Heyman…

0e1eyfz.jpg

Coach:
“Batista… I HAVE to ask… We got it confirmed earlier today that ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar, will be competing on the Heat Pre-Show for WrestleMania 18… while you don’t have a match at all…!! So we all wanna know… Does it feel like Brock’s leapfrogged you…?! Are you angry that YOU aren’t known as the ‘Next Big Thing’…?!”

Batista:
“…”

Batista didn’t respond… He looked insulted by the questions, but managed to control his anger in a way that Brock may not have been able to… ‘The Animal’ walked in the opposite direction to where Brock and Heyman went, and the segment ended with Coach disappointed that Batista didn’t speak…

MiuDDxH.jpg

lOth3TP.jpgAIteFsf.jpgl62ei1A.jpg

Amazing way to end Smackdown, with just three nights to go before WrestleMania 18. Kurt Angle will open the show on that night, fighting Eddie Guerrero for the opportunity to Main Event against ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin. The Rock will battle The Undertaker 1 on 1 with ‘The Phenom’s’ undefeated streak at the show on the line. Rock and Angle put on an amazing contest here, as their excellent chemistry as opponents shone through. It started to get busy at ringside towards the end of this one, when first The Undertaker headed out to get a closer look at The Rock. ‘Taker was soon joined by Eddie Guerrero, keen to even things up for Rocky, but also scout Kurt Angle. When ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin arrived, Eddie and the WWF World Heavyweight Champion fought a little, and Undertaker had to slam into Eddie to break it up. The commotion distracted Angle, and it allowed The Rock to hit the ‘Rock Bottom’ and score the win.

Winner:
‘The Great One’ The Rock

Finish:
'Rock Bottom'

Enforced…

After the match, Rocky celebrated his win, but Undertaker and Austin began attacking Eddie Guerrero… at the request of both Vince and Shane McMahon, who arrived at the conclusion of the match…!!

lOth3TP.jpgVKX6gnn.jpgl62ei1A.jpgMy2SmI6.jpgigCN2Qk.jpgfIycXw7.jpgO1a9aur.jpg

Undertaker then climbed into the ring, and went after The Rock… ‘The Great One’ was ready for him though, and he knocked the big man down… Shane climbed in, and he was put down with a ‘Rock Bottom’…!! Austin slid in too, but again, The Rock got on top with relative ease, despite having just competed in a match… Kurt Angle decided to join the fight, and grabbed The Rock around his legs and hugged him so he couldn’t move… Undertaker unleashed a big boot to the face, and The Rock fell… Undertaker, Austin and Angle all got kicks in, but Rocky soon got some help…

cfR9Cwi.jpg

Triple H joined the melee… wanting to get one over Vince and Shane McMahon… Shane was down, Vince hung back, so ‘The Game’ had to fight Undertaker, Steve Austin and Kurt Angle… 3 on 1, with Eddie and Rock down hurt, and Triple H stood little chance… but he also got some help…

ZogRKAo.jpg

The Special Guest Enforcer for the Triple H versus Vince and Shane McMahon Handicap Match this Sunday: Shaquille O’Neal, arrived on the stage… and then made his way to the ring…!! Undertaker stood in Big Shaq’s way, but he was then taken out by The Rock… ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin also got in Shaq’s face, from below, until Eddie Guerrero climbed back in and knocked the WWF World Heavyweight Champion out of the NBA star’s way… Vince McMahon was next… and his eyes widened when Triple H got up in the corner and charged at him… Vince then high-tailed it and got out of there… This left poor Kurt Angle and Shane McMahon to ‘deal with’ Shaq… Shane pushed Angle into the big basketball player, and got out of there too… leaving Angle to suffer a big slam just 3 nights away from WrestleMania…!!

qVAY6Lw.jpg

Quick Results:

Rey Mysterio [def.] Chris Benoit

Haku & Umaga [def.] The Bucks Of Youth

John Bradshaw Layfield [def.] D’Lo Brown

Tajiri [def.] Jushin Thunder Liger

Perfect, Sexay & Terri’s Boys [def.] Val, Hardcore, Regal & Malenko

The Rock [def.] Kurt Angle

Show Rating:

rmmX2YW.jpg

‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero [vs] ‘Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle

If Kurt wins, he joins Eddie and Austin in the Main Event for the WWF World Heavyweight Title…

Singles Match for the WWF Light Heavyweight Title:

‘The King of Mystery’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘Brother’ Jeff Hardy ©

Six Man Tag Team Match:

The Bloodline (Haku, Umaga and Rikishi) [vs] Kidman, Bill DeMott and Razor Ramon

2 on 1 Handicap Match:

‘The Game’ Triple H [vs] Vince & Shane McMahon

NBA Star Shaquille O’Neal is the Special Guest Enforcer

6-Way Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Title:

Faarooq | D’Lo Brown | Edge | Chris Benoit | Chris Jericho © | John Bradshaw Layfield

The Fight At The Compound:

‘The Big Red Machine’ Kane [vs] ‘Broken’ Matt Hardy

Icon Versus Streak – Undertaker is 9 and 0 at WrestleMania

‘The Great One’ The Rock [vs] ‘The American Badass’ The Undertaker

Singles Match for the WWF World Heavyweight Title

‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero [vs] ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin ©

Potentially a Triple Threat with Kurt Angle added to the match!

Bonus Questions:

1). Which Match will be the Match Of The Night...? __________________

2). What will the Overall Rating of the Show be...? __________________ (within 5 gets a point, spot on gets 2 points)

3). How many Championships will change hands (out of a possible three)...? __________________