WWF 2001 - Saving The Invasion

WWF Hardcore Title Match:

Rikishi © w/ The Bloodline [vs] Big Boss Man

WWF Tag Team Champions: Regal & Malenko [vs] Terri’s Boys (Albert & Perry Saturn) w/ Terri

??? [vs] ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] Mr. Perfect w/ Mr. Sexay

Marty Jannetty w/ Jerry Lynn [vs] ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero [vs] ‘The Crippler’ Chris Benoit

l2q8GRS.jpg

MARCH 2002, WEEK 4

In The Booth:

UgpABbq.jpgRaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Jim Ross, Michael Cole and Tazz

Building A Cabinet…

We kicked off the show with John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL) heading to the ring, to a chorus of boos…

zA3xxQi.jpg

Layfield told the crowd they can boo as much as they like, but it won’t deter him from the important business he wants to get to tonight…

JBL:
“I am a WRESTLING… GOD… So I don’t need your adulation… I’ve been looking back through the annuls… Guys like HBK Shawn Michaels… paid a young Diesel… a little of his GOOD money… To be his bodyguard…!! And then he made GREAT money… And there are COUNTLESS examples of this… Guy pays a bigger guy to be his ‘muscle’… Both guys climb the ladder of success…”

Layfield confirmed that he had invested his Poker winnings into businesses, and entrepreneurially opportunities…

JBL:
“And I’ve also taken the money people used to pay ME, to protect, THEM… and invested that… Back when I was in the APA, I got a lot of money… But I never rose up the card like I should… and now… with my extra cash… I have invested in some back up… But I didn’t go for just ONE ‘bodyguard’… I went for TWO… and not only that… I got one of their managers too… So… Joining my ‘Cabinet’… ‘The Animal’ Batista…!! ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar… and PAUL HEYMAN…!!”

dmIQj2y.jpgShSHEjW.jpgDuq1MYf.jpg

JBL and Heyman raised the hands of the two young studs in the ring with them, as the announce team commented on how unstoppable, and unbearable JBL will be from now on… They also confirmed that this wouldn’t be the only huge announcement tonight, as WWF Chairman Vince McMahon has promised a change that’s coming to the company, that’ll shake the wrestling business to its very core…!! Vince, Shane and Triple H will be live, in the same ring, at the same time… Will we find out who attacked Vince during their match at WrestleMania, and then took out ‘The Game’ after the match…?!

Q6coVof.jpg

xeWtX26.png

tvGu4VS.png
w/
CmNFaZ9.jpg8K09OdK.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgawpq6hW.jpg

Rikishi © w/ The Bloodline [vs] Big Boss Man

A great match to kick off the RAW after WrestleMania, which is normally a packed show. There was no space for a Hardcore Title Match last night, so Big Boss Man got his shot tonight against ‘Kishi. The big Samoan’s back up stopped any interferences, and effectively removed the 24/7 rule. In the end, after a hard-hitting bout, with multiple weapons used, Rikishi scored the win with his ‘Rikishi Driver’.

Winner:
and STILL Hardcore Champion: Rikishi w/ The Bloodline

Finish:
'Rikishi Driver'

Q6coVof.jpg

AND NEW…!!

After watching a clip of Eddie Guerrero capturing his first WWF World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 18 last night, we came back live to see Eddie stood holding his new Belt, and looking incredibly proud of his achievement… Rey Mysterio then walked up...

fQcZ8Xs.pngTXVb8fQ.jpg

Rey congratulated his best friend, and the two embraced… Rey looked so proud, but then joked that he wants to be first in line for a Title shot… As Eddie was about to say “any time, any place”, as he believed they’d tare the house down, Kurt Angle came into the room… and he had his friend, Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho with him…

l62ei1A.jpgnqS9VM6.jpg

Kurt Angle:
“Eddie… That’s not how this works… You don’t just HAND Title shots to your friends… Title shots have to be EARNED… Do you realise, how LUCKY you were last night… Not just against Austin in the Main Event, but also against ME in the opening match… I’m STILL the Number One Contender for that…”

Angle pointed at the Belt on Eddie’s shoulder, but left his finger on the Gold for too long… Eddie grabbed his wrist and slowly removed it…

Eddie Guerrero:
“Any time… Any place amigo… We’d have a great match again… and I WELCOME the challenge…”

Chris Jericho:
“Hey!! Careful what you wish for Guerrero!! Tonight, you’re fighting Chris Benoit in the Main Event…!! Now THAT’LL be a challenge…”

Q6coVof.jpg

0r1LD4Z.pngihoMs9q.pngM1SFP4D.jpgGuU9FrF.jpgkJ8JmKL.jpg
w/
9PrlwtT.jpg

WWF Tag Team Champions:
Regal & Malenko [vs] Terri’s Boys (Albert & Perry Saturn) w/ Terri

Another excellent match here, with the newly crowned WWF Tag Team Champions taking on a rough and tough duo in Albert and Saturn. ‘Terri’s Boys’ are hard to move around the ring in a meaningful way, given their strength and size. However, once Regal got Saturn on the ground, they were the same size. And the brilliant Brit locked him up in the ‘Regal Stretch’ for the win.

Winners:
WWF Tag Team Champions:
Regal & Malenko

Finish:
'Regal Stretch'

Q6coVof.jpg

Foley Me Once…

WWF Commissioner was backstage watching the action next, and commented on how great William Regal was… He said the Brit knows what he’s doing, and that everyone, in every role in the company, could learn from the British brawler… Behind Foley, the Fax machine began whirring, and Foley acted like he didn’t know how to respond, or what to do… He slowly removed the print out, and read it out loud…

VL71Lsn.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Oh… It’s from Vince McMahon himself… Ahem… “Mick… Given tonight’s huge announcement, I have a very special role for you… I need you… to…” Oh what the hell is…?! Ugh… “I need you… to take TAJIRI under your wing, and help him with learning our language… He’s an incredible talent, yadda yadda yada… kicks people hard… blah blah blah… but doesn’t speak a lick of English… I need you to make him your ASSISTANT…?! Yours sincerely… Vince McMahon…”… Well by gaad…”

Foley put his hands on his hips, and didn’t know what to make of the situation… Looks like Tajiri is going to be the assistant to the WWF Commissioner from now on…!!

Q6coVof.jpg

dUFyzIy.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgShSHEjW.jpg
w/
Duq1MYf.jpgzA3xxQi.jpgdmIQj2y.jpg

Local Enhancement Talent [vs] ‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman, JBL & Batista

Before tonight, people thought Brock Lesnar and Batista were on a collision course. People looked forward to the time the two young studs clashed 1 on 1 in the ring, as it was sure to be a great match. Now though, they’re on the same side, as the hired guns of Joh Bradshaw Layfield. Brock picked up an easy win here against what looked like a veteran local talent.

Winner:
‘The Next Big Thing’ Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman, JBL & Batista

Finish:
'F5'

Q6coVof.jpg

The Al Snow Show… Coming Soon…

Next up, we learnt that Al Snow will be bringing some familiar faces BACK to the Al Snow Show on Smackdown… as he invites Kidman, Razor Ramon and Bill DeMott to the ring, to discuss their actions from last time – where they attacked Snow for ‘knowing too much’…

XqUPwv8.jpg

Al will look to get to the bottom of their comments about something ‘bigger’ coming… and how it will affect the WWF landscape going forward…

Q6coVof.jpg

Aftermath Of The Compound…

We saw footage of the fight at the Compound between Kane and Matt Hardy… which also involved Lita, Nidia, Shelton Benjamin, and the Bucks Of Youth (Christopher Vanguard and Brian Skarsgard)…

3RgtI34.jpg

We then came back live at the Compound… where Matt and co were clearing up the mess made by the brawl with the ‘Big Red Monster’… Jeff Hardy was also there helping to clear up… despite not being present for the fight due to his WrestleMania 18 Match in the ring with Rey Mysterio…

Matt Hardy:
“Gentlemen… With Kearne (Kane) in the Dungeon, we can move on with the rest of our lives…”

Christopher Vanguard:
“Uhh Matt…? Is Kane going toooo… learn to wrestle in the Dungeon…?!”

Matt slapped Vanguard…

Matt Hardy:
“Learning to wrestle, in a DUNGEON…?! That’s the most REEDEECULOUS thing I’ve ever heard… No no Vanguard… Kearne will spend the rest of his meeeserable days… in the Dungeon… and we need to have a plan to guard him, and make sure he can’t escape…!! Hahaaaaaa…!!”

Q6coVof.jpg

zE06pgR.jpgM1SFP4D.jpgVcrydyt.jpg
w/
IDY2htE.jpg

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] Mr. Perfect w/ Mr. Sexay

Richards and Mr. Perfect are similar characters, but one acts humbly, the other is cocky and arrogant. Richards is ‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’, and acts like he feels he shouldn’t be receiving the adulation he does, and he performed very week in this match. Perfect hates the fans, and he seemed to hate Richards even more. Eventually, he came off the top rope for an axe-handle smash, but was caught under the chin with the ‘Stevie Kick’!

Winner:
‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards

Finish:
'Stevie Kick'

Q6coVof.jpg

The Greatest Tag Teams…

Edge was in the back next, nursing a couple of wounds from the six-man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Title… when in walked his tag team partner Christian, who returned last night, but isn’t cleared to compete yet…

HZbBaUX.jpg1ium6C9.jpg

Christian:
“Hey man, I know last night wasn’t easy, but keep your chin up, okay…?? You’ve done great on your own… buuuuut I’m back… and on Smackdown, I’m gonna be cleared… Soo… Whaddya say we get back to being US, and for old times sake, we take on our old friends The Hardy Boyz!?”

Edge loved the idea, and Christian said he’d go and ‘pitch’ it to Mick Foley right now…!! Looks like we’re going to get Edge and Christian versus The Hardyz on Smackdown… but as the segment looked like it was over, Edge’s ‘girlfriend’? Trish Stratus was shown listening in…

JFnhY8T.jpg

Q6coVof.jpg

K26hRjs.jpg
w/
3jf0OES.jpgM1SFP4D.jpg3cHGDaE.jpg

Marty Jannetty w/ Jerry Lynn [vs] ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Steve Blackman picked up his second win on the bounce here, with a great display against the struggling Jannetty. The former Rocker is winding down his singles career, and seems more suited to tag team wrestling at his age now. That said, he fought hard, and was unlucky in the end as he missed an elbow drop off the top rope and soon found himself tapping to the ‘Dragon Sleeper’ from Blackman.

Winner:
‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Finish:
'Dragon Sleeper'

Q6coVof.jpg

Val’s Vows…

Backstage, the fan favourite tag team of Val Venis and Hardcore Holly were talking… with Holly keen to hear whether his friend and his Cousin Molly Holly were ‘just fooling around’, or ‘getting more serious’…

kSGGqG6.jpgRw8SAVv.jpg

Val Venis:
“I don’t know, man… It’s still early days… I’ll tell you this though… I really like her… Like, a LOT… I’ve never felt this way before… I just… I just hope she feels the same way…?!”

Holly said he thought Molly
did
feel the same way… and that he was glad to hear it about Val…

Q6coVof.jpg

Icon Versus Streak…

We saw clips from last night again now, as The Rock went 1 on 1 with The Undertaker… with ‘The American Badass’ putting his undefeated WrestleMania streak on the line… ‘Taker came out on top, and moved to 10 and 0 in the end, and we heard that Rocky… along with D’Lo Brown and Faarooq, would not be here at all tonight as they recover from small injuries…

HTpIs9H.jpg9nmD7wB.jpgmyk5Rwk.jpg

The three former members of the group: The Nation of Domination, will all appear on Smackdown… We’ll hear from all three of them, as it pertains to their future plans, following their respective defeats at ‘Mania… Rock losing to Undertaker, and D’Lo and Faarooq being a part of the six-man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Title, won by the retaining Chris Jericho…

Q6coVof.jpg

fQcZ8Xs.pngM1SFP4D.jpgdmleE7A.jpg

‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero [vs] ‘The Crippler’ Chris Benoit

With the potentially huge announcement from Vince McMahon looming, and coming up after this match, the crowd were fired up. Eddie and Benoit know each other well, and they worked well here tonight too. Benoit was on fire, and looked determined to beat the WWF World Heavyweight Champion. But Eddie is as resilient as they come, and he fought out of every submission hold Benoit locked in, and every pin fall attempt. For the finish, Benoit was looking for a Superplex, but Eddie fought him off, and he fell from the second rope. Eddie hopped up to the top rope, and hit his ‘Frog Splash’ to score the win!

Winner:
‘Latino Heat’ Eddie Guerrero

Finish:
'Frog Splash'

Q6coVof.jpg

One Year Later Than In Real Life…

Vince, Shane, Steve Austin and The Undertaker headed to the ring following the Main Event, and passed Eddie Guerrero on the ramp… Austin looked at Eddie, as if their paths will cross again soon… but their s**t was on pause tonight, with Vince telling us all of a HUGE announcement… He kicked off the segment, by bringing out his daughter Stephanie McMahon and his Son-In-Law Triple H…

fIycXw7.jpgO1a9aur.jpgAKTFVin.jpgigCN2Qk.jpgHcK0yrE.jpgcfR9Cwi.jpg

Vince McMahon:
“First of all, I’d like to… reluctantly… congratulate ‘The GAME’… Triple H, on beating myself and my son Shane at WrestleMania 18 last night… and as a result… Triple H is now being brought IN to the decision making, and board meetings involving the World Wrestling Federation…”

Vince extended a handshake to Triple H… and he also reluctantly shook Vince’s hand… But the Chairman of the WWF told everyone he had a much bigger announcement tonight, and he was keen to get right to it…

Vince McMahon:
“So, without further ado… Please welcome… a man I never thought we’d see on Monday Night RAW… My former rival… ERIC… BISCHOFF…!!”

7XYyvzX.jpg

The crowd couldn’t believe it… ERIC BISCHOFF…?! The Senior Vice President of World Championship Wrestling… the rival promotion to the World Wrestling Federation, who had been struggling for a while… But what was he doing on RAW…?! He strolled to the ring, and glared at ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin when he arrived… and then stood behind a podium in the ring… laying out a dossier of paperwork on it, and adjusting his collar… The crowd were stunned, but they had enough about them to boo him out of the building as he spoke…

Eric Bischoff:
“Ladies and Gentlemen… I am here tonight… To transfer ownership… of World Championship Wrestling… To Mr. McMahon, here… EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY… You now own… W… C… W…!!”

Vince smiled, and walked towards Bischoff… But the WCW Senior Vice President said “No… Not you Vince… The OTHER Mr. McMahon…” and Vince was confused… then he suddenly realised what was happening… Shane dropped to his knees, and hit a LOW BLOW on his Father…!! He then spun around and sprayed Pepper Spray into Triple H’s eyes, before anyone could react…!! Austin and ‘Taker stood off him a little, not wanting to get sprayed too… but they were jumped by three masked men…!!

SLneGz6.jpghyxIlFr.jpg4XXRZmA.jpg

Potentially the same three men who attacked Vince McMahon and Triple H last night at WrestleMania 18, they took Austin and Undertaker down, and dragged them out under the ropes… Triple H staggered around, and Shane dropped him with a PEDIGREE…!! He laid out next to Vince, as Stephanie cowered in the corner… Austin was power bombed through the announcer’s table… Undertaker managed to fight off the man he was fighting with, but was then jumped by the other two… As great as he is ‘The American Badass’ stood no chance 3 on 1… They beat him down, and then slammed the ring steps into his face… before climbing into the ring…

Eric Bischoff:
“That’s right Vince… You STUPID… SONOFA… B***H… The contract DOES read Mr. McMahon… But it reads… Mr. SHANE… McMahon…”

Shane McMahon:
“Hey Dad… If you can hear me, hear this… I NOW OWN… W… C… W…!!”

Shane ushered the three masked men back into the ring, and told them to remove their masks… And they were revealed as three young studs from WCW, who have been having an incredible 12 months… Mark Jindrak… Chuck Palumbo… and Sean O’Haire…

ZKAmaYj.jpgm2dn7D3.jpgsZLaR1x.jpg

Jim Ross:
“What does this MEAN…?! WCW are HERE… Shane McMahon owns the company… He’s turned his back on his Family… He’s… It’s WAR…!! RAW… is WAR…!!”

And the RAW after WrestleMania was over…

aXIbg7R.jpg

Quick Results:

Rikishi [def.] Big Boss Man to retain the Hardcore Championship

Regal & Malenko [def.] Terri’s Boys

Brock Lesnar [def.] Local Enhancement Talent

Steven Richards [def.] Mr. Perfect

Steve Blackman [def.] Marty Jannetty

Eddie Guerrero [def.] Chris Benoit

Show Rating:

WCW HISTORY *by Togg*
|
SHOW HISTORY
|
CURRENT ROSTER
|
THE CHAMPIONS

>

Scotty Too Hotty [vs] ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Haku & Umaga w/ Rikishi [vs] Perfect and Sexay

Edge & Christian [vs] The Hardy Boyz w/ Senior Benjamin

Hardcore Holly w/ Val, Molly & Crash [vs] Kidman w/ Razor Ramon & Bill DeMott

Billy Gunn w/ K-Kwik [vs] ‘The Animal’ Batista w/ Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman & JBL

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio [vs] Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho

Billy Gunn w/ K-Kwik [vs] ‘The Animal’ Batista w/ Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman & JBL

cTnlhC0.jpg

MARCH 2002, WEEK 4…

In The Booth:

RaRLnBr.jpgr8kOLRc.jpg

Michael Cole and Tazz

Radical Changes Coming…

We opened the show with WWF World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Guerrero talking to a backstage worker, proudly displaying his recently won Championship on his shoulder… when one half of the WWF Tag Team Champions: Dean Malenko walked up… also holding his Title over his shoulder…

fQcZ8Xs.pngihoMs9q.png

The two former Radicalz shared a smile, and verbally patted each other on the back… but they got a little defensive when another former Radicalz member – Chris Benoit, walked up… ‘The Crippler’ and Eddie went 1 on 1, on RAW, and it was a heck of a match…

dmleE7A.jpg

Chris Benoit:
“Eddie, man… Just wanted to say… Great match las’ week, and congratulations to booth of you on your Title wins at WrestleMania…”

Eddie Guerrero:
“Thanks Chris… I personally thought you should have won the Intercontinental Title in that Ladder Match too esse… I… Hey, a lot of changes around here, right…?! What do you make of things…?!”

The three men began to discuss the recent purchase of the place they all used to work together at: World Championship Wrestling, by Shane McMahon… When suddenly, they paused, and looked over Chris Benoit’s shoulder… He spun around, and there was one half of ‘Terri’s Boys’: Perry Saturn… eating a cheeseburger…

kJ8JmKL.jpg

Now we had all four former members of The Radicalz, all stood talking… with two of them holding Championships… Eddie, Dean and Benoit understood the significance, but Saturn clearly didn’t get it… With his mouth completely full, and sauce all around his lips, he began to chew slowly and look around at his former friends…

Perry Saturn:
“What…!? What is it…!? Do I… Do I have any burger sauce on my mouth…?!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

NklwpFZ.jpgbXJWKlz.jpg3cHGDaE.jpg

Another win for Steve Blackman here. ‘The Lethal Weapon’ is on a bit of a role, and his ‘Dragon Sleeper’ looks incredibly painful. If Scotty hadn’t have tapped, he’d have passed out instead.

Winner:
‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Finish:
'Dragon Sleeper'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Generals Taken Out…

We saw clips from RAW next, and the final segment where Vince McMahon was about to confirm that he’d purchased WCW…!! However, his son Shane McMahon got in there before his Father, and bought it from right under his nose… Vince has spent hours and hours with lawyers these past few days, and isn't here tonight as a result… He’s not the only one not here… His Son-In-Law Triple H, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, and The Undertaker, were all taken out at the hands of an invading party of WCW stars: Sean O’Haire, Chuck Palumbo and Mark Jindrak… Thoughts are, the three fan favourite WWF Main Eventers will be back on RAW, to call out this group of youngsters…

MiuDDxH.jpg

8K09OdK.jpgCmNFaZ9.jpg
w/
tvGu4VS.pngbXJWKlz.jpgVcrydyt.jpgIDY2htE.jpg

Former WWF Tag Team Champions: Perfect and Sexay didn’t know what hit them in this match. Umaga continues to sit under the learning tree from Haku, but is getting the chance to shine more and more in their matches. For the finish here, Perfect had cheated to get Haku down, so Umaga shoved him out of the ring. Sexay came off the top rope looking for his ‘Hip Hop, Leg Drop’ on Haku, but Umaga picked him out of the sky with a ‘Samoan Spike’ as he landed!

Winners:
Haku & Umaga w/ Rikishi

Finish:
'Samoan Spike'

MiuDDxH.jpg

The Real Deals…

After missing Monday Night RAW, D’Lo Brown and Faarooq were stood ready to talk about John Bradshaw Layfield… Faarooq is yet to go 1 on 1 with his former partner, and D’Lo suggested that that HAS to happen soon…JBL then walked up… Flanked by his ‘hired muscle’ Batista and Brock Lesnar… and Lesnar’s ‘Manager’, Paul Heyman…

9nmD7wB.jpgmyk5Rwk.jpgzA3xxQi.jpgdmIQj2y.jpgShSHEjW.jpgDuq1MYf.jpg

JBL:
“I’d like NOTHING MORE than to fight you 1 on 1, ‘Ron’… but frankly, it’s beneath me… And if we DO fight… I won’t be doing it for free… No, I have other plans for you two… At Backlash… we’re challenging you… to a tag, team, match… Faarooq and D’Lo Brown… versus Batista and Brock Lesnar…!!”

Faarooq:
“DAMN!! You didn’t have to challenge us… all you had to do, was ask…!!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

HZbBaUX.jpg1ium6C9.jpgbXJWKlz.jpgbMdGdnY.jpg9hgmH0p.jpg
w/
yiNkVvo.jpg

Edge and Christian [vs] The Hardy Boyz w/ Senior Benjamin

Amazing to see these two teams do battle. The Hardyz agreed to the match, but left Christopher Vanguard, Brian Skarsgard, Lita and Nidia back at the house to guard their captor in the Dungeon – Kane. They still had Senior Benjamin out there with them, and he proved to be the difference in the end. He hopped up onto the ropes, and hit a flying clothesline to knock the returning Christian down behind the referee’s back. This allowed Matt Hardy to hit a ‘Twist Of Fate’ while Jeff took care of Edge on the outside! Edge slid into the ring as the final bell rang, and he stooped over his friend Christian as The Hardyz celebrated and left the ring.

Winners:
The Hardy Boyz w/ Senior Benjamin

Finish:
'Twist Of Fate'

MiuDDxH.jpg

8MqvQ4Z.jpg

Al Snow was in the ring after a commercial break, and he said that it was time… to bring out Kidman, Razor Ramon and Bill DeMott… The last time they appeared on his show, they beat him up for ‘knowing too much’…!! But he wasn’t afraid to bring them out again…

Lbn3jP4.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpgsnWPx6s.jpg

Al Snow:
“On The Al Snow, Show… I ask the TOUGH questions… Obviously, since the events of Monday Night RAW… things have changed a little… WCW is now owned by Shane McMahon, and are now a part of the World Wrestling Federation… So… Kidman, Ramon and DeMott… I wanna know RIGHT NOW… Is this what you were talking about…?! When you said, ‘it’s bigger than you three’…?!”

Kidman looked at DeMott, and nodded… telling his large and strong friend to take Snow out… But Al backed him up by saying “Ad da da da da da…!!” and told DeMott to hold it right there… because tonight… He had some back up…!!

Rw8SAVv.jpgkSGGqG6.jpgczDLwU5.jpg

Al Snow:
“If there’s going to be an INVASION… If WCW wrestlers are going to just, show up on WWF programming whenever they want… If there’s going to be a WAR… Then WE fire the first shot…!!”

Kidman snatched Snow’s microphone, and then handed it to Ramon… The Hollys and Val arrived at the ring, and climbed in alongside Snow…

Razor Ramon:
“EY YO…!! Oh Al… You know so much, and yet you know so little… There’s going to be a war… but… The World Wrestling Federation won’t fire ANY shots… Because WE… are WCW… and WE… are not alone…!!”

sZLaR1x.jpgm2dn7D3.jpgZKAmaYj.jpg

Sean O’Haire, Chuck Palumbo and Mark Jindrak came running to the ring, and a huge brawl broke out… WCW outnumbered the WWF six to four… and it was a big fight…!! Referees and officials struggled to get hold of everyone, but eventually things got separated… In the end, Hardcore Holly was told he was fighting Kidman 1 on 1… with NOBODY allowed to stay at ringside…!!

Rw8SAVv.jpgbXJWKlz.jpgLbn3jP4.jpg

Hardcore Holly [vs] Kidman

Of all the people on the WWF roster, Hardcore Holly is one of the best choices to lead a fight against an invading company in WCW. He’s rough, and tough, and doesn’t take crap from anybody. However, Kidman is so quick. He can avoid most offence by staying out of the clutches of his opponents and when he strikes, he strikes hard. His hit and run style got him the win, and he hit a brilliant ‘Shooting Star Press’ to end it.

Winner:
Kidman

Finish:
'Shooting Star Press'

WAR

In the back, it seemed the fight before the match had continued, during, the match too… as Al Snow, Val Venis and Crash Holly were doing their best to fend off Razor Ramon, Bill DeMott, Sean O’Haire, Chuck Palumbo and Mark Jindrak…

XqUPwv8.jpgkSGGqG6.jpgczDLwU5.jpgZJ9Bf2F.jpgsnWPx6s.jpgsZLaR1x.jpgm2dn7D3.jpgZKAmaYj.jpg

It was very one-sided by the time the cameras caught up to the action… Snow, Val and Crash looked in a mess, and a bad, bad way… Jindrak told the group they should get out of there… as the damage was done, and they didn’t want any other WWF stars to find them yet…

MiuDDxH.jpg

Occupied…

In the WWF Commissioner’s office, Mick Foley was meeting his new assistant: ‘The Japanese Buzzsaw’ Tajiri…

VL71Lsn.jpgwzRJ862.jpg

Mick Foley:
“Alright… Well… You’re my new assistant, man…!!”

Tajiri:
“Uhhh, waaat?!”

Foley looked frustrated… Tajiri didn’t understand a word he’d said… He tried slowing down a little…

Mick Foley:
“Listen… You have an amazing… in-ring… record, here… and I want to help… you… take the next step…!!”

Tajiri:
“Uhhh, waaaaaat?!”

Foley rolled his eyes… and we cut away…

MiuDDxH.jpg

EQKMqT9.jpg
w/
tpaAQao.jpgbXJWKlz.jpgdmIQj2y.jpg
w/
ShSHEjW.jpgDuq1MYf.jpgzA3xxQi.jpg

This was the biggest test of Batista’s young career, and he passed with flying colours. Now that he’s aligned with Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman and JBL, it’s time to take ‘The Animal’ more seriously, and a win against the former 11-time Champion in the WWF, and former King of the Ring, Billy Gunn, helped a lot with that. The ‘Batista Bomb’ is a devastating finisher, and Gunn couldn’t kick out of it. K-Kwik got into the ring after the match, and he was hit with a Brock Lesnar ‘F5’!!

Winner:
‘The Animal’ Batista w/ Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman & JBL

Finish:
'Batista Bomb'

MiuDDxH.jpg

Schtick…

Backstage, interviewer Coach was stood with his guest: ‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards…

0e1eyfz.jpgzE06pgR.jpg

Steven Richards:
“Pass me the stick, Coach… These WCW invaders… where will they fit on the WWF roster…?! Where do they show up next…?! Someone needs to take a stand, against them… and I’m going to be the first… so on RAW, I’m issuing an ‘Open Challenge’ to ANY… WCW Invader…!!”

MiuDDxH.jpg

fQcZ8Xs.pngTXVb8fQ.jpgbXJWKlz.jpgl62ei1A.jpgnqS9VM6.jpg

We’re expecting to hear from The Rock tonight, so the announce team suggested that ‘The Great One’ will be up after this Main Event. This match was good enough to close any show though, and even on their worst day, these four are great in-ring competitors. They all had an excellent outing here too, with Angle and Jericho isolating Rey Mysterio for a while. When Eddie got tagged in, the crowd were extremely excited, and he turned the tide against the two technicians. The WWF World Heavyweight Champion hit his ‘Frog Splash’ on Jericho to score the win for his team.

Winners:
Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio

Finish:
'Frog Splash'

MiuDDxH.jpg

The Rock Is Next…

As we expected, The Rock closed the show tonight… and he stomped to the ring after a commercial break…

HTpIs9H.jpg

The Rock:
“Yu know, The Rock has been doing some thinkin’… Some SOUUULL searchin’… A war was brewing… On one side… The Rock… Big Show… Triple H… even Eddie Guerrero… On the other… ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin… The Undertaker… Vince and Shane McMahon… and then… and then the unTHINKable… A fracture… a splinter… in the Four Man Power Trip… and then Shane brings in an ARMY… A war was brewing… and now… The war is HERE…”

Rock paused… he breathed in deeply threw his nose… and then went back to it…

The Rock:
“World Wrestling Federation… The Rock’s HOME… is under threat… World Championship Wrestling… The enemy… They’re at the door… a war was brewing, and it is HERE… So The ROCK SAYS… THIS… WCW… Shane McMahon… Eric Bischoff… Send someone out to the ring… RIGHT NOW…!! Because The Rock is here… to defend his HOME…!!”

Rocky threw the microphone down, and then began to pace… A cameraman was shown running through the corridors in the back, first-person style… and Rock’s pacing stopped… Whatever was happening, had Rocky’s attention…

The cameraman turned a corner…

Then another…

Then he came to a stop outside a dressing room door…

A hand reached out… and knocked on the door…

And then this man walked out of it…

7LRzZ3m.jpg

GOLDBERG…!! GOLDBERG was HERE, on Smackdown… On The Rock’s show…!!

He stomped through the corridors, and then out onto the stage and to the ring… The crowd didn’t know whether to cheer or boo him… Rock didn’t know whether to welcome him, or fight him… But he didn’t get much of a choice… As soon as Goldberg entered the ring, he sprinted at ‘The Great One’ and hit a SPEAR…!! Goldberg wasted no time, in hoisting The Rock up, and dropping him with a ‘Jackhammer’… He screamed at the crowd, and looked utterly dominant against ‘The Great One’…!! The announce team said that on RAW, we’re hoping for more clarification on the WCW situation… But until then, more questions than answers tonight once again…!!

qVAY6Lw.jpg

Quick Results:

Steve Blackman [def.] Scotty Too Hotty

Haku & Umaga [def.] Perfect and Sexay

The Hardy Boyz [def.] Edge and Christian

Kidman [def.] Hardcore Holly

Batista [def.] Billy Gunn

Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio [def.] Kurt Angle & Chris Jericho

Show Rating:

WCW HISTORY *by Togg*
|
SHOW HISTORY
|
CURRENT ROSTER
|
THE CHAMPIONS

B4xEFgZ.jpg

UHMfnYJ.png

Big well done to TheBigBad1013 for his second prize of the month! :D I'll send something through via DM shortly.

Thank you everyone for predicting each week, there's still plenty more to come and I just got finished writing Judgement Day (you've still got Backlash to get to yet too) so I have the next couple of months fully written up.

Let me know your thoughts on The Invasion so far :D

Yeah I had to get Goldberg in there, and all three of you mentioned him... The real invasion was just missing one or two major stars in my opinion. Two of Goldberg, Flair, Hogan, Sting, Nash, Steiner, etc on top of what they already had could have made all the difference.

I contemplated saving Goldberg for a few weeks, but I didn't want you all to think DeMott, Kidman, Ramon, Jindrak, O'Haire and Palumbo were the major names :D I have one or two more big tricks up my sleeve... you'll see.

And as for WWE guys jumping to the other side, Shane McMahon was just the first. But I'm going to stay away from the big, big, WWE names jumping ship.

>

‘The Master of the 619’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘Crippler’ Chris Benoit

Steven Richards’ Open Challenge:

‘The Wrestler’s Wrestler’ Steven Richards [vs] ????

Rapid Fire (K-Kwik & Billy Gunn) [vs] Batista & Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman & JBL

D’Lo Brown & Faarooq [vs] Terri’s Boys (Albert & Saturn) w/ Terri

Marty Jannetty w/ Jerry Lynn [vs] Senior Benjamin w/ The Bucks Of Youth

Edge w/ Christian [vs] ‘The Olympic Gold Medallist’ Kurt Angle

The Master of the 619’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘Crippler’ Chris Benoit

Rapid Fire (K-Kwik & Billy Gunn) [vs] Batista & Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman & JBL

The Master of the 619’ Rey Mysterio [vs] ‘Crippler’ Chris Benoit