Modern Warriors (Modern Day Mod) Updates by Thatpyrodude

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 5:02 AM, TWJake said:

Massive shout out to you bro. This mod is by far the best real world one I’ve ever seen. I got put off real world mods for the longest time as the stats of the fighters were never reflective of their real life ability, which often saw some ridiculous results & champions in game, but this one is really close to mirroring the abilities of almost everyone. One change I would suggest for the next update is removing “loves to strike” from Colby Covington. I took it off and he still did plenty of striking but used his wrestling much more also, as he does irl. Leon Edwards could do with a slight buff too imo. Keep up the great work. 

Also, if you wanna increase the realism that but more, lower punch power by 15-20% in the fight engine maker to even out the unrealistic amount of knockouts you get in game. I also lowered rear naked choked by 15% too. Totally optional though, some people prefer the chaos haha. 

Edited by ChadMiniMendes

April Update: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xd9yv5qr732kigk/MWApr2023.rar/file

April Pictures: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3zhnnjz7zx480ga/MWPicsApr.rar/file

Discord: https://discord.gg/TtCABE2NyQ

Just to let you guys know, I am pretty much entirely Write-Only on this site, if you'd like to get a hold of me its a lot easier on discord. Hope you guys enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Dediced to finally give the real world mod a spin (first time in the series) as I'm not that into MMA atm so I don't have a clue about the stats anyway. :)

Are there any picture packs that are transparant? I like to have the logos show on the rankings screen. The picture pack you included is missing and can't be downloaded.

As I was playing Invicta I made sure to get almost all female fighters pictured with GIF's. I included the file in this post. If people want to use it, just filter all the women and mass edit the pictures to be "name.gif" and you can enable these. Sure, there's a quality loss, but the game's graphics aren't very big so it doesn't matter much. And it just works better with skins.

I also got some pictures of fighters that weren't included yet. Maybe you could consider including these:

- Amanda Macioce

- Elise Pone (booked for IFC53)

- Flore Hani

- Katharina Lehner

- Monique Adriane (booked for IFC53)

- Nicolle Caliari

Anyway: good job on keeping this updated all this time.

UPDATED to second version with about 500 pictured characters. I will cancel my suggestion to have all men pictured this way as it seems like an insane job. :p

(removed as no longer up2date)

I edited the data in the database to be able to start a game in 2005 with just the women. The game runs superfluidly and you can easily complete a year in under an hour (including booking and watching fights).

I'm posting it here just to share in case anyone wants to try it out. My simulations were pretty accurate compared to reality.

- All records cleared, contracts removed, employment histories removed, momentum and heat reset.

- The few active fighters in january 2005 have been given their records at the time, and given the auto-experience treatment.

- Went through the UFC roster and adapted the stats, loosely based on the UFC video game (supposedly made by Cormier but not superaccurate imo).

- Over 500 GIF'd pics from the most prominent fighters from the female weights.

- Adjusted the logo's from various organisations to allow the GIF's to look distinct in the power rankings, which I took a lot of effort for by making all the GIF's. :p

logos.thumb.jpg.f0a57e708aa7aee56d31f0801343ba52.jpg

Also fixed a lot of inconsistencies in the db (wrong debut dates & most extreme stat values).

NOTE: I did not regress the stats, so either set potentials to 10/20 (most are set at 50 by default, except Shevchenko & Nunes & some others) or set training speed to "very slow". They might not be superaccurate yet as I barely watched any fights the last years, but they are better than they were as only the top P4P women seemed accurate to me imo.

Also: Strikeforce and EliteXC are debuting but are preset to fail in the years they respectively folded, so if you plan on playing those, be sure to delete the narrative or set your own cash back to whatever you want if you're in debt.

You can just import new fighters from the next versions of the MW mod, as long as you clear them manually.

wmma pics.rar

For those interested, this is the current MWApr2023 but with adjusted women stats. Some are a matter of perspective, though some were just wrong. Corrected some reaches, ages, extended everyone's retirement plans, updated Invicta records, and added 2 Invicta fighters. Also removed a lot of fixed AI attributes, especially those that make no sense (submission artists with "ground and pound").

I also added all pre-game results for Invicta FC. You will have to delete about 20 results named "Invicta FC xxx" or you'd have doubles. This is really only useful if you are in fact playing that company as it doesn't impact gameplay.

Unfortunately, you can't just delete the women and import them back into the database without extra work as it severs the bonds with the following:

1. Contracts: You'd have to readd the manually (though there's a mass editor).

2. Pre-results: You'd have to reimport them all.

3. Teams: Female fighters are no longer there. You have to delete all teams and reimport them.

For this you'd need to copy the MWApr2023 database and rename the folder in the "databases" folder. You can't really do it the other way around, which is importing the MWApr2023 db into this one, as you'd have to redo all contracts for the men, which is going to take ages.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with it unless you care about lower level female fighters. Just sharing it for those that want to play a women-only game to speed up the gameplay.

Given that all earlier links are broken, here's the link to the custom background thread for women's backgrounds like these.

screen.thumb.jpg.e89332f3b9b3cda7953082002306834a.jpg

apr23_women.rar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked WMMA 5 back up after a year away, and man I missed this game! Quick question: Does this new database have more fighters included than a couple years ago? (my last database I downloaded was Sept 2021). Starting with Titan FC, I love that there seems to be way more fighters I can sign using this database. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2023 at 4:05 PM, hot_fifo said:

hey TWJake some of oktagon figthers not having contract in the new october database im from slovakia so i wanted to play as oktagon owner can you fix it for me? There is site https://oktagonmma.com/cs/rankings/ where are their concracted figther thank you bye,

Thank you for letting me know, I imported a lot of new fighters from OKTAGON from feltzz mod, so a lot of them aren't going to have their associated contracts, I am definitely going to be getting them in this next months update, and a lot more.

On 10/21/2023 at 10:58 AM, paul7878 said:

Picked WMMA 5 back up after a year away, and man I missed this game! Quick question: Does this new database have more fighters included than a couple years ago? (my last database I downloaded was Sept 2021). Starting with Titan FC, I love that there seems to be way more fighters I can sign using this database. Thanks!

Lots more, I myself have made around 1000 fighters and feltzz has made around 2000 for his mod (which he has allowed me to import into my mod)