"Nagata Jr"

Jaysin

The only Nagata I know of is Yuji. I know his brother Katsuhiko (the Olympic wrestler and mixed martial artist) did some exhibition bouts in NJPW in the early-2000s though so maybe he could have been billed as "Nagata Jr."? That's my only guess.

More details:

Apparently this dude has a mohawk and he remembers the guy working for either NOAH or Zero-1.

Cagematch was the first place I looked.

I thought about Katsuhiko, but couldn't find any info about him doing pro wrestling.

I'm guessing whoever this guy is, he didn't last long in pro wrestling.

As I said, Katsuhiko did some exhibition bouts (mainly with his brother) for NJPW and whilst he didn't last long, he certainly didn't work for NOAH or ZERO1 and - as far as I know - I don't think he ever had a mohawk, or any extravagant haircut for that matter.

To be honest, the first person that came to mind was Hayato "Jr." Fujita as he's really the only "Jr." that I could think of in puroresu. He did do some work for ZERO1 in the late-2000s (and onwards) and I seem to remember he had a mohawk-esque haircut at some point, but apart from his unfortunate illness, he's still going so I wouldn't have thought your buddy would confuse him.

Nope, as you say, he's probably one of those people who just showed up and disappeared without anyone keeping a real eye on him. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but hopefully someone else will be able to. :)

As I said, Katsuhiko did some exhibition bouts (mainly with his brother) for NJPW and whilst he didn't last long, he certainly didn't work for NOAH or ZERO1 and - as far as I know - I don't think he ever had a mohawk, or any extravagant haircut for that matter.

To be honest, the first person that came to mind was Hayato "Jr." Fujita as he's really the only "Jr." that I could think of in puroresu. He did do some work for ZERO1 in the late-2000s (and onwards) and I seem to remember he had a mohawk-esque haircut at some point, but apart from his unfortunate illness, he's still going so I wouldn't have thought your buddy would confuse him.

Nope, as you say, he's probably one of those people who just showed up and disappeared without anyone keeping a real eye on him. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but hopefully someone else will be able to. :)

I actually found Hayato Jr when combing through results and it was definitely him. My buddy doesn't keep up with modern puro too much so he didn't even realize he was still in the game.

Thanks for the help Mammoth.