Has anyone has success with getting someone out of retirement? If so how did you do it? I've never been able to do it personally but would love to hear peoples stories! Also if I wanted to edit someone out of retirement, is that even possible? And how, if so. thanks! =)

Has anyone has success with getting someone out of retirement? If so how did you do it? I've never been able to do it personally but would love to hear peoples stories! Also if I wanted to edit someone out of retirement, is that even possible? And how, if so. thanks! =)

I've found success but I found it entirely depends on their attributes. If they have wrestling in the blood or time is just a number, I found they are more likely to return. If they just retired, it might take a year or so.

When it doubt, use the editor too.

I've convinced several workers out of retirement. In fact, after two years, I wanted Brent Hill of TCW to go back into retirement and concentrate on being a road agent but he said he didn't want to retire!

High Silver Tongue skill helps, as do (I think) the Respect and Reputation stats. I also think the user character's status helps, ie it's easier for Jack Bruce to convince someone out of retirement than for Jack Avatar. Mostly, though, I think it depends on how beat up and far into decline the worker in question is. I have found if their physical stats and health stats are good enough to actually warrant bringing someone out of retirement, there's a much higher chance they will do it.

Just had a brain fart the other day for a booking idea, so I asked Bret Hart if he'd come out of retirement (June 2003) and he said yes, so...

(Probably worth noting that I started in May 2001 with Bret as an On-Screen Personality who I talked into being a Road Agent and later a Manager. Bret never had the stroke in-game, so he just retired after the brain kick by Goldberg. I guess he's feeling better now.)

St.T

I've convinced several workers out of retirement. In fact, after two years, I wanted Brent Hill of TCW to go back into retirement and concentrate on being a road agent but he said he didn't want to retire!

High Silver Tongue skill helps, as do (I think) the Respect and Reputation stats. I also think the user character's status helps, ie it's easier for Jack Bruce to convince someone out of retirement than for Jack Avatar. Mostly, though, I think it depends on how beat up and far into decline the worker in question is. I have found if their physical stats and health stats are good enough to actually warrant bringing someone out of retirement, there's a much higher chance they will do it.

Also the size of the company (and therefore the potential payday) matters quite a bit for a worker to come out of retirement or not.