WWMA Missing save files

They won't appear in the load menu if they're not complete - i.e. one or more files are missing or the folder structure has been changed.

Assuming you've not changed the folders or manually moved files around, you've likely lost the files because either:

A - You're not playing in admin mode correctly

B - Your virus checker has quarantined files (should be easy to check by looking in your virus checker's quarantine list)

C - You've exited the game incorrectly, either via a crash or by manually shutting it down mid-game

• 5 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 2:09 AM, Adam Ryland said:

They won't appear in the load menu if they're not complete - i.e. one or more files are missing or the folder structure has been changed.

Assuming you've not changed the folders or manually moved files around, you've likely lost the files because either:

A - You're not playing in admin mode correctly

B - Your virus checker has quarantined files (should be easy to check by looking in your virus checker's quarantine list)

C - You've exited the game incorrectly, either via a crash or by manually shutting it down mid-game

Option C just happened to me on WMMA2 on Windows 10. My computer restarted on it's own, mid-game, now my game shows up in delete game section but not the load game section.

What do I do?

5 hours ago, MMAyyyy said:

Option C just happened to me on WMMA2 on Windows 10. My computer restarted on it's own, mid-game, now my game shows up in delete game section but not the load game section.

What do I do?

With the game closed, go into WMMA2 > Data > DBName > SaveGames > SaveName. You'll see about 50 files which are ".mm2". Delete these and replace them with the set that you'll find in the Backup subfolder. Then run the game and see if it is now in the load game menu.

If there's no files in the Backup folder, or if doing the above doesn't work, then the game is unfortunately unrecoverable and you'd need to delete it.

• Like 1