Kitsune Danger vs Róisín Gross

The Assassins vs Lady San Juan & Pinky Perez

Deathmatch

Etelka the Hun vs Naoko Majima

Cry of War

Thursday, Week 2 of May 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 542 fans in attendance

LQsTUfN.jpg

Henry Lee had to sort out some backstage crap before the show so he came out with a genuinely sour look on his face to announce the 10 bell salute in honor of Alex Braun’s passing. Although he never appeared in Warrior Queen 2020, Braun was a much loved and respected member of the original WEXXV roster that pioneered deathmatch wrestling in Japan, as well as a big name in the global hardcore community thanks to his work with DAVE and PSW up to the time of his death. It was a heartfelt, emotional start to the show, no doubt.

Rating: 45

DjFeKkG.jpg

Deathmatch

K1dVjTx.jpgyuig55e.jpgM7c6AIc.jpg

Etelka the Hun vs Naoko Majima

The challenge laid out back in March, Etelka stepped up this month and brought her power against Majima, who took a beating and needed to go high risk if she wanted to have a chance instead of getting squashed. Etelka spent most of her time on offence, though her moments of vulnerability were few and precious, like when she went through thumbtacks that had been spread out on a table that was then set on fire. Not like Majima wasn’t going to top that up, she was also desperate for that one big move that would win her the match and she climbed up to the lighting rig for a dive. Unfortunately for her, Maneater rushed in to knock down the entire rig and send her into a nasty fall that got a big reaction as Etelka crawled on top for the cover.

Rating: 38

Individual Performances: Majima 47, Etelka 37

DjFeKkG.jpg

nVIcpgX.jpgDO4427u.jpgyuig55e.jpgC5jpgYb.jpgiuOMLaj.jpg

The Assassins vs Lady San Juan and Pinky Perez

No surprises here, four high flyers doing what they do best in a balls to the wall spotfest. Quick tags at first gave everyone a chance to shine, before the Assassins were able to isolate Lady San Juan and got to work on her. Rapid fire alternating offence showcased how well the Assassins have honed their teamwork but LSJ kept kicking out of everything they had, winning the audience over with her fighting spirit until she was able to make the hot tag. Perez moved around like a pinball and wrecked everything in her path, but for all her work, the Assassins had a solid game plan, dodging her as much as possible in order to focus on pulling her teammate off the apron to ensure no tag would be made. With much chasing to do and little support, Perez quickly emptied the tank and once she was finally able to tag in Lady San Juan, the Assassins zoned in for the kill and flattened her with their spectacular Death From Above double team finisher to score the pin.

Rating: 47

Individual performances: Perez 62, LSJ 34, Assassin #1 46, Assassin #2 52

DjFeKkG.jpg

FGkIMO3.jpgM8g23T9.jpgqav5IgA.jpg

Mizucore and Petra Forsberg came out to do a singing duet, which of course the fans hated. So naturally, they popped when WARRIOR Koiso interrupted the performance. Koiso took it a step further, when she cut a promo about this not being a talent show on TV, then talked about her passion and what this means to her and the girls in the back. Fans ate up her fired up speech and I for one am sure this girl has a bright future ahead of her if she can stay injury free,and not just because of her last name.

Rating: 30

DjFeKkG.jpg

Deathmatch

3iC2yf0.jpgyuig55e.jpgwZuYKBR.jpg

Kitsune Danger vs Róisín Gross

I started the second half of the show with a match against Gross, coming hot off her Three Way Dance of Death victory. With her now established as a crazy risk taker, we basically set off to one-up each other in deathmatch madness and it was glorious. That piledriver on the ring post might have been a bit too much on my part, I admit, since she seemed legitimately dizzy for a bit and someplace else in her head when I tried to call spots. Might have been a concussion, still she pushed through to end the match and even dumped me spine first on two chairs set back to back. I survived and thanks to my unyielding spirit, fought back until I was able to lock in dad's patented Kajahara Claw for the instant submission.

Rating: 45

Individual performances: Danger 59, Gross 46

DjFeKkG.jpg

Tag Team Deathmatch

CpQSLiz.jpgvXdS1jd.jpgyuig55e.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgFwvLP0N.jpg

The Hooligan Sisters vs Dr. Yumaniac & Onryo

Now this was interesting as a matchup, considering how the Hooligan sisters are inexperienced overall but have spent their entire careers teaming up. Henry Lee played this up in putting the match together, so Dr. Yumaniac and Onryo would get the upper hand individually but the siblings would be able to turn things around and stay in the lead thanks to superior teamwork. Onryo also hurt her foot at one point, but she wove it into the story of the match by selling and struggling to keep up. This could have been the start of a comeback for the Hooligan sisters, but the tag was made and Dr. Yumaniac cleaned house before hitting the Purgatorium for the pin.

Rating: 33

Individual performances: Onryo 40, Yumaniac 47, Helena 33, Hannah 38

FwvLP0N.jpgRk9NaUI.jpg

After the match, Onryo got on the mic to talk up her team (in comparison, if you’ll remember, Dr. Yumaniac teamed up with Mushashibo in the past and it just didn’t click). Onryo said they won on this night.They won last month. Also last month, new tag team champions were crowned, so… when she passed the mic to Dr. Yumaniac though, she didn’t get what she was probably hoping for. Instead of filling in the blanks to issue a challenge for those titles, Dr. Yumaniac said what happened last month is she pinned the Queen of the Deathmatch and on this night, she single-handedly won the match for her side after Onryo hurt herself. To top that, she dropped her shocked teammate to the mat and shouted that she demands a title match with Fujiko Mushashibo.

Rating: 39

DjFeKkG.jpg

WQ2020 Queens Heart title match

kRE1tJG.jpgyuig55e.jpgDbpgfdK.jpg

MACHINE Takami © vs Nami Genda

Speaking of title challenges, Genda made hers last month so it was time for the main event. As the underdog, she tried to use her agility and to keep things fast in order to stay on top. This gave the match a quick and exciting pace, but it also made her prone to rookie mistakes in the heat of it all. Takami managed to capitalize more than once to change the complexion of the bout, but she just couldn’t keep the elusive Genda on the mat long enough for an extended stretch. So, she adapted, showing her experience and ring intellect while at. Instead of submissions, she went for beautiful bridging suplexes, a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and finally, the Takami Bomb to put away her challenger and retain.

Rating: 41

Individual performances: Takami 40, Genda 38

kRE1tJG.jpgiuOMLaj.jpg

Once the match was over, Takami delivered a victory speech and said she’s beaten everyone there is to beat in the division. This brought out Pinky Perez for a staredown, just as the broadcast team put to words what everyone else was thinking: Takami beat Perez in WQ2020’s first ever main event, but there was never a title involved in that match…

Rating: 28

Show rating: 38

Fan predictions

KyTeran: 4/5

Rhysrob: 3/5

• Like 1

Sendai, Japan. Second Friday of May 2020

"What the hell was that?"

LQsTUfN.jpgy9JV7k1.jpg

From across the table, Henry Lee and Umeko Hotta both stared a hole through me. Here I was, just 3 years in the business shouting these two veterans down. I guess it didn't help that I was Kajahara's daughter, they'd probably faced their fare share of nepotism throughout their time already. But, I was also still their boss and as my producers, they had to give me something as to why our show last night bombed so hard.

"I'm sorry, that was disrespectful" I immediately conceded. "But the fact remains, that was our worst show to date and we're almost half a year into it. We should be getting better, not worse. I would have your feedback as to what's going on and what needs fixing."

Henry Lee gave Hotta a side eye, as if checking whether he could speak up first. As a Westerner, he was probably more used to promoter outbursts and was apparently fine with my apology. "I'm not breaking any new ground here, but the locker room is a mess. I've been handling a lot of minor incidents myself, then we got two scratched rental cars and about half a dozen fistfights that happened or were barely averted. Not exactly the kind of work environment that makes you want to give 100% or trust your co-worker. Especially when your job involves barb wires and spinal impact." I waved my hand, urging him to continue his train of thought. "Normally, I'd advise to lay down the law. Pull in the reins, maybe fire someone to set an example. Thing is, female deathmatch competitors aren't easy to come by. We can't afford any losses to the roster, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. For the same reason, it's not like there's a lot of positive influences to bring in either. Unless you want to pay for more road agents to do backstage policing, I don't see a way out of this."

There was a prolonged moment of silence that followed Henry's analysis. It was gloomy, but it wasn't false. What I couldn't wrap my head around was the idea that our groundbreaking little company was already on a tailspin and the main reason for that was the girls bickering backstage. We're so much better than that, I couldn't stand thinking of our detractors laughing at how we catfaught our way to oblivion. I looked at Umeko, almost begging for a lifeline. Her stern gaze was anything but the comfort I was seeking. If I hadn't heard of what a rock she is, I'd almost think she was enjoying my torment for daring to shout at her. But she was every bit as pragmatic as her working partner.

"I try my best to bring legitimacy to this wrestling company" she finally spoke. It was true, though she did not look down on deathmatches and hardcore wrestling, she and Henry had split producing the two divisions and she'd taken to leading the junior division with impressive passion, as if needing to prove a point. "There's more rookies than veterans in my division, so the matches won't be as good as they need to, for a while at least. If you're not giving me experienced talent to work with, the next best thing you can do is invest in production values. Make shows feel like big time wrestling events with a bit of crazy hardcore action on the side. Right now it feels like an underground murderfest with a bit of wrestling to break up the gore."

My mouth almost went faster than my brain did, but I held myself back from saying something I'd regret. "I'm not changing show structure, if that's what you're asking for. This is a hardcore group first and foremost. And I like the grittiness. Adds character. But I understand there are ways to do it that feel... cheap. My question to you is, what do people care about better camera coverage and entrance videos? That's TV stuff and we're not likely to get a broadcast deal anytime soon. If ever. I get the whole 'Percecption is Reality' thing but..."

"Then don't improve those" she cut me off. "But we could do with better seating. Security. Ticket collection. Lighting. Barricades. Anything a live audience gets involved with. If this is primarily about live shows and income from tickets, then make it something enticing for fans to experience."

I took a moment, nodding in agreement as I tried to put my thoughts in order. Then my eyes widened as it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Next up is Queens Quest, right? Biggest show of the year, hopefully. I am definitely investing in these upgrades to make it feel like a bigger deal, but I have a much bigger bomb to drop. Mr. Lee, I'm gonna need you to make some phone calls..."

Queen’s Quest

Thursday, Week 2 of June 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 681 fans in attendance

FGkIMO3.jpgM8g23T9.jpg

The show began with another Mizucore and Petra Forsberg singing duet, which of course had the fans roaring in outrage. That said, they popped for a group of masked figures who ran out and interrupted the performance by throwing the two women out of the ring. The mood began to swing however given how unceremoniously they dumped an injured Mizucore, before pulling off their mask to reveal themselves as...

LQsTUfN.jpglbdcOjf.jpg0ZjNjpT.jpgzuSv2YF.jpgpYSF9FL.jpg

What the...

It was jaw dropping to see the S.O.B., Warrior Engine XXV's chief villainous factions of gaijin in that ring. The group took in the fan reaction and Henry Lee got on the mic to say that last month, when he came out to do the ceremony in memory of Alex Braun, he had a revelation. He realized what a parody of Ryu Kajahara's groundbreaking promotion this new company is. He then got on the phone to talk to his friends about it and after they watched a few tapes, they agreed that this show doesn't deserve to bear the name it does and to piggyback on the coattails of what they built through their years of sacrifice. Just as Petra Forsberg climbed back on the ring, Lee told his boys to back off: this girl was scheduled to wrestle in the opening match and everyone should just take a step back and watch her prove him right.

Rating: 36

DjFeKkG.jpg

M8g23T9.jpgR5hc6Zf.jpgyuig55e.jpgM7c6AIc.jpgqav5IgA.jpg

Petra Forsberg & Rika Tsujimura vs Naoko Majima & WARRIOR Koiso

Given the introductions, both teams went overboard with the spots here as if to prove a point. Furthermore, Koiso went after Forsberg, which was a little story unto itself considering how she interrupted the singing last month to cut the promo she did. Forsberg did a great job of selling the damage she sustained at the show's opening and cowardly backed away, letting Tsujimura do most of the work for their team. Somehow Majima didn't pull off a crazy stunt this time, but a missed suicide dive to the outside was enough to momentarily take her off the match and let Koiso take a beating, before Forsberg blind tagged herself in to hit the Encore and score the pin over her. With S.O.B. still hanging out around the ring, Lee got on the mic again to triumphantly declare how right he was and challenged anyone in the back who thinks they're a solid enough technical wrestler to get in the ring and face "The Trouble from Tennessee".

Rating: 31

Individual performances: Forsberg 32, Tsujimura 39, Koiso 27, Majima 36

DjFeKkG.jpg

pYSF9FL.jpgyuig55e.jpgDbpgfdK.jpg

Henry Bennett vs Nami Genda

Last month's headliner and challenger for the title, Nami Genda, answered the challenge. Though not purely a technical masterclass, this match was all about its different flavours, with Bennett raining down the suplexes while Genda showcased the typical junior mix of solid basics, athletic high flying and mat based submission skills. Genda's quick agile style evened the odds against the biggerr, more experienced but also older and battered Bennett, making for a rather competitive match. So much so actually, that Henry Lee had to sneak in some brass knuckles for Bennett to hit Genda with while Wayne and the McWade brothers distracted referee Kyoko Okuda, who showed no fear getting in their face. In doing so though, she missed the hit and thus Bennett scored the pin to win the match, while establishing that his group talked a big game but had to cheat in order to back it up.

Rating: 37

Individual performances: Bennett 32, Genda 48

DjFeKkG.jpg

0ZjNjpT.jpgzuSv2YF.jpgyuig55e.jpgSFs78pU.jpgSPpAnlw.jpg

The McWade Brothers vs Unstoppable Monsters

Much like before, the McWade Brothers challenged any team in the back to come out and face them. As an exclamation point, Bennett and Wade put the boots to Genda, so Unstoppable Monsters came out for the save, kicking off a crazy brawl that never really happened inside the ring except for its finish. This neat little trick allowed the two teams to brawl extensively among the fans and throughout the venue without the trouble of countouts, since the match never got officially started in the first place. It was intense, it was brutal and it was impressive to see four wrestlers of that size (and age, for the McWades) work such a frantic pace for the full ten or so minutes, before Unstoppable Tai lifted up Dallas McWade in an impressive finale to pin him with the Tai Bomber.

Individual performances: Dean 31, Dallas 30, Tai 48, Ishimura 34

DjFeKkG.jpg

Deathmatch

lbdcOjf.jpgyuig55e.jpg3iC2yf0.jpg

Gareth Wayne vs Kitsune Danger

With the invading S.O.B. at one win and one loss, Gareth Wayne got in the ring and demanded an opponent for a deathmatch to settle the score. Out came Kitsune Danger with a stack of light tubes taped together, a clear visual indicator of the madness that would ensue. Much like the Bennett-Genda match earlier, this was about power and age versus youth and intensity, but not a lot of technique was involved. Instead, weapons were swung, dives attempted and it boiled down to grit, toughness and fighting spirit. That said, it seems Kitsune Danger's mask threw her opponent off and after a while, Wayne got obsessed with removing it to show her face. Not in the luchador sense of disrespecting a masked wrestler but, according to what he kept shouting, because he wanted to see the fear in her face. This obsession caused him to skip more than one opportunity to score a pinfall, when instead he opted to try and pull the mask off. Kitsune held onto it the first time, reversed into a roll up the second, but when he went for it a third time, she stepped aside and caught him on the rebound with a Shoulder Breaker for the pin.

Rating: 54

Individual performances: Wayne 36, Danger 63

DjFeKkG.jpg

QrajT4B.jpg

WQ2020 Queen of the Deathmatch title match

BzaijDZ.jpgyuig55e.jpgRk9NaUI.jpg

Fujiko Mushashibo © vs Dr. Yumaniac

With 2 wins and 1 loss for the WQ2020 side, the "invading" S.O.B. were repelled and the show moved on to the first part of its double main event. Fujiko Mushashibo put her Queen of the Deathmatch title on the line against Dr. Yumaniac, the woman who'd pinned her in a tag match and officially made the challenge last month. As one would expect, madness ensued between these two and seeing the match play out, it suddenly made sense why Majima or Kitsune Danger didn't pull off any of their usual crazy stunts earlier: because when Mushashibo and Yumaniac did, they really felt big, like a thunder made to sound even louder thanks to the calm before the storm. 

FwvLP0N.jpg

Dr. Yumaniac almost had this in the bag after fifteen minutes of action, but Onryo showed up to mess with her plans. Didn't lay a hand on her though, just clapped (ironically?) as the good doctor was about to make the pin. Still, the momentary distraction was enough and Mushashibo rolled her opponent up for a near fall, then hit the Fujiko Valentine to seal the deal and make her second successful defence of the title.

Rating: 49

Individual performances: Mushashibo 45, Yumaniac 51

DjFeKkG.jpg

LlIwD9r.jpg

kRE1tJG.jpgyuig55e.jpgiuOMLaj.jpg

MACHINE Takami © vs Pinky Perez

Big match between two big names, revisiting their original clash in the first ever WQ2020 show back in January. Now more confident and familiar with her opponent, Perez came in hot right out the gates and set a quick pace for the match, trying to force the champion to work her kind of match. Takami is no high flyer, but she kept up with her challenger and instead of trying to slow her down and get her on the match, switched her game plan to drop her on her head as many times as possible. This led to some bone crunching suplexes, few of which started with Takami catching Perez off a high flying move and using the momentum to roll through for the slam. Spectacular match from bell to bell and Perez finally got her coronation after she managed to hit the Pink Butterfly Powerbomb on Takami. A well deserved title win and a new Queen's Heart champion for WQ2020!

Rating: 53

Individual performances: Takami 41, Perez 56

iuOMLaj.jpglbdcOjf.jpg0ZjNjpT.jpgzuSv2YF.jpgpYSF9FL.jpg

After the match was over, Perez celebrated her win but S.O.B. (sans Henry Lee) ran out again to crash the party. They circled the ring like sharks as the fans booed them and they were about to attack the new champion, when...

1dsFGmx.jpg0ygCUEi.jpg

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Battle Sakata and Taheiji "The Animal" Konoe came out through the curtain! Two of WEXXV's beloved veterans made a surprise appearance, yet again causing the fans to cheer as it seemed they were here to save the day and chase the evil gaijin away... except they hugged them instead, before joining in for the 6 on 1 beatdown. The show ended with the WEXXV veterans standing tall, their shocking appearance at the start coming full circle with another shocking debut and the forging of this unholy alliance. What does the future hold for Warrior Queen 2020?

Show rating: 47

• Like 2

The trick had worked. Not just bringing the WEXXV alumni in for the nostalgia pop, not even doing the standard invasion angle, but old enemies aligning themselves against the women? If deathmatch wrestling was a niche thing to begin with, an all-women's deathmatch promotion was a big deal when I started Warrior Queen 2020 and now we'd broken new ground. We'd taken intergender wrestling to the next level. Never before have there been intergender matches in Japan and even on a global scale, no wrestling company would regularly do intergender deathmatches. We were on the bleeding edge of being modern. We were the talk of the die hard fans and even made the news in other media. After May's disaster, we bounced back with the highest gate to date, best rated show since our debut and my bout with Wayne was up there on the top with Mushashiba vs Majima at Too Hot For TV. Talk about a true underdog comeback.

Warning from the Past

Thursday, Week 2, July 2020

Animals in a Cage Deathmatch

Kitsune Danger vs Taheiji "The Animal" Konoe

WQ 2020 Blood Sisters tag titles match

The Cannibals © vs Unstoppable Monsters

The Assassins vs Petra Forsberg & Rika Tsujimura

Grudge Deathmatch

Dr. Yumaniac vs Onryo

Warning from the Past

Thursday, Week 2, July 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 573 fans in attendance

Grudge Deathmatch

Rk9NaUI.jpgyuig55e.jpgFwvLP0N.jpg

Dr. Yumaniac vs Onryo

The show began with a violent and rather personal contest, continuing the story of these two teaming together, Dr. Yumaniac going for singles instead of tag gold and Onryo causing her to lose that match in retaliation. Any wrestling on display was limited to brawling, with the rest of the action being weapon spots and wild dives. By deathmatch standards, this was pretty by the numbers with the intensity turned up, enough to get the fans going for a strong start but not involving any wild stunts and Dr. Yumaniac ended it with a clean pin after she hit the Purgatorium on Onryo.

Rating: 46

Individual performances: Yumaniac 48, Onryo 35

DjFeKkG.jpg

BzaijDZ.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgM7c6AIc.jpg

While Dr. Yumaniac celebrated her win, Fujiko Mushashibo came out with the WQ Queen of the Deathmatch title around her waist and her leg in a cast. Assisted by crutches, Mushashibo got into the ring and called out Naoko Majima, before announcing she'd be out for some time due to her broken leg (which she didn't mention, but broke inside a 5SSW ring) and thus would be vacating the title, allowing the other two women to fight for it. Dr. Yumaniac wasn't having any of it though and requested the title would just be handed to her. When Mushashibo refused and Majima got in her face, a person in a ski mask jumped the guardrail and slid inside the ring to attack both women, before delivering a buckle bomb to Mushashibo and a Death Valley Driver on the apron to Majima. Dr. Yumaniac grabbed the title and held it up high, while the mysterious figure joined her in celebration and removed the mask to reveal himself as...

s3iDU4W.jpg

WEXXV alumnus as well as Dr. Yumaniac's real life boyfriend and trainer, Kimi Kawano!

Rating: 43

DjFeKkG.jpg

nVIcpgX.jpgDO4427u.jpgyuig55e.jpgM8g23T9.jpgR5hc6Zf.jpg

The Assassins vs Petra Forsberg & Rika Tsujimura

Petra & Rika teamed up again to take on the high flying team of the Assassins, who kept things fast, athletic and spectacular. Given Forsberg's limited abilities in the ring, it should come as no surprise that she found herself isolated on the wrong half of the ring as the Assassins got to work on her with elaborate combo sequences that saw them tag in and out to keep the pressure on. Forsberg had to work hard for the hot tag and Tsujimura ran in to deliver several kicks and knee attacks that popped the crowd, but she had a lot of ground to cover and couldn't do it all on her own. Eventually, she had to take a break and tag Forsberg back in, only for the Assassins to easily turn things around and pick up from where they left off to bash her and pull off a Death From Above for a pin.

Rating: 48

Individual performances: Assassin #1 47, Assassin #2 55, Tsujimura 41, Forsberg 33

nVIcpgX.jpgDO4427u.jpg

After the match, the Assassins grabbed a microphone and repeated their request for a shot at the Blood Sisters tag titles, saying it should be them fighting for those belts tonight and not the Unstoppable Monsters just because of what they accomplished last month.

DjFeKkG.jpg

bIS8PEs.jpgbIS8PEs.jpg

K1dVjTx.jpgqgwA8Lx.jpgyuig55e.jpgSFs78pU.jpgSPpAnlw.jpg

The Cannibals © vs Unstoppable Monsters

As per the Assassin's mention, the Unstoppable Monsters walked into this title match with the air of having beat the invading McWade brothers just last month and turning the tables in favor of WQ2020 for that show. This momentum was established early on as the challengers absolutely dominated Maneater, although her tenacity kept her kicking out of any pin attempts. Etelka got the tag, using her size and power to give the challengers a harder time in pushing her around, but an assisted powerbomb onto the ring stairs was enough to halt her momentum. The Monsters delivered a beatdown on the outside and it took a dive off the ring post by Maneater to break things up, leaving nothing but broken bodies at ringside. For a while, it looked like things would end at a double countout, but Maneater made it to the ring by the count of 16 and Tai struggled back in at just 19. Maneater knew this was her chance and lay in wait, delivering a Chop Top Drop on Tai just as she was standing back up inside the ring. With Ishimura still laid out on the outside, Maneater made the cover and the pin was made, ensuring the belts stayed with the Cannibals.

Rating: 37

Individual performances: Maneater 44, Etelka 42, Tai 45, Ishimura 28

DjFeKkG.jpg

3iC2yf0.jpg

Kitsune Danger made her entrance and cut a promo on all the WEXXV veterans circling Warrior Queen like a pack of sharks, as she said. Danger spoke of how the first wave was pushed back last month and after the S.O.B. aligned themselves with Sakata and Konoe, she would be taking care of "The Animal" up next.

Animals in a Cage Deathmatch

3iC2yf0.jpgyuig55e.jpg0ygCUEi.jpg

Kitsune Danger vs Taheiji "The Animal" Konoe

While Kitsune Danger was cutting her promo and then Konoe making his entrance, the ring crew rushed to put together a cage around the ring, skipping the roof to save time and expenses. This cage setup gave the main event a special feel and much like the title used to promote the match, the competitors played up to their respective animals: Konoe was the uncontrollable madman while Danger tried to be smart and sly in her approach, picking her spots and using well-timed dodges to turn her opponent's momentum against him. Konoe crashed and burned on more than one occasion, including an Animalistic Gore attempt that saw him go through a table set up against a corner, but he also delivered plenty of vicious offence, like the spot where he superplexed Kitsune Danger onto a stack of chairs. The cage itself was mostly used to contain the violence and protect fans in the first row, perhaps some stability and integrity concerns keeping the wrestlers from using it as a weapon. Both competitors amped up the spectacle for the finishing stretch and in the end it was Konoe who came off with the win after he speared Danger with an Animalistic Gore.

Rating: 65

Individual performances: Danger 66, Konoe 57

Show rating: 53

• Like 2

Stupid me, Unstoppable Monsters lost the match due to outside interference by Koichi Kajiwara and Zeshin Makioka, the Forlorn Hope, but I completely forgot to include that part in the write-up 🤦‍♂️Anyway, imagine that happened and Kitsune mentioned it in her promo. Onwards and upwards!

Bloodied Yet Unbowed

Tag Team Deathmatch

Forlorn Hope vs Unstoppable Monsters

Deathmatch

Kimi Kawano (with Dr. Yumaniac) vs Naoko Majima

Stairway to Hell match

Róisín Gross vs Taheiji Konoe

Lady San Juan vs Romi Yamato

The Assassins vs Black Widow & Malady

Bloodied Yet Unbowed

Saturday, Week 2, August 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 573 fans in attendance

nVIcpgX.jpgDO4427u.jpgyuig55e.jpgZjnNQKb.jpg2ZSa2vr.jpg

The Assassins vs Black Widow & Malady

This month the Assassins took on a team of visually matching but very different in mindset opponents. Black Widow was all about nasty shots, pokes, rakes, clawing and stretching people on the mat, while Malady utilized a much cleaner style of strikes based on her legitimate kickboxing background. This faiure to get on the same page and the arguments it caused were what ultimately saw Black Widow dropkicked off the apron and onto the barricade outside, leaving Malady all alone to take the Death From Above for the pin.

Rating: 58

Individual performances: Assassin #1 68, Assassin #2 55, Widow 40, Malady 32

nVIcpgX.jpgDO4427u.jpg

After the match was over, the Assassins voiced their complaints again about not receiving a tag title shot already while Unstoppable Monsters were yet again in the spotlight this month. Their problem wasn't as much with Ishimura and Tai though, but the hordes of ex-WEXXV men showing up all the time, from the McWades last time to Kajiwara and Makioka last month.

Rating: 32

DjFeKkG.jpg

C5jpgYb.jpgyuig55e.jpgTaMb6sL.jpg

Yamato made her return after several months off the radar and she put the pedal to the metal for a spectacular comeback. Lady San Juan was all too happy to keep up and respond in kind, which made for a fast paced match full of visually impressive offence. Her lucha based attacks meshed well with the high impact joshi style of Yamato to deliver an exciting contest that ended with an emphatic Yamatotal.

Rating: 44

Individual performances: Yamato 47, LSJ 33

DjFeKkG.jpg

Stairway to Hell match

wZuYKBR.jpgyuig55e.jpg0ygCUEi.jpg

Róisín Gross vs Taheiji Konoe

Following Konoe's big win last month, Gross took to social media and challenged him to a ladder match, promising to put her years of experience in crazy dives to good use: if Konoe won, he'd be allowed to bring in a person of his choosing to the WQ2020 roster, but if he lost, he'd be out the door. To no one's surprise, despite the ladder situation this very much played out as a deathmatch, with plenty of weapons besides the ladders themselves. As promised, Gross used the ladder on more than one occasion to jump off and hit some insane dive on her opponent, but it was to ultimately be her downfall; during her final ascent, Konoe climbed up the other side and following a reckless headbutt, tossed her off for a fall to the outside, through a table, in a moment that will forever remain in WQ2020's highlight reels, before he finished his climb to win the match.

Rating: 52

Individual performances: Konoe 60, Gross 46

DjFeKkG.jpg

Deathmatch

s3iDU4W.jpgw/Rk9NaUI.jpgyuig55e.jpgM7c6AIc.jpg

Kimi Kawano (with Dr. Yumaniac) vs Naoko Majima

After Kawano's appearance last month when he and girlfriend Dr. Yumaniac attacked Naoko Majima, this match felt personal before the bell even rang. "Mad Dog" Majima kicked things off with a suicide dive onto Yumaniac to set the tone and pace of the match, allowing her to face her opponent one on one but also firing him up to unleash the violence. Kawano did not take it easy on Majima and blood flowed early on already, when he grated a piece of barb wire on her forehead to put the crimson mask on. Unphased, Majima kept fighting like a rabid dog and eventually got her revenge when she smashed Kawano face first onto a bunch of light tubes with a bulldog. Majima kept the pressure on but a recovered Dr. Yumaniac interfered to cut off her momentum and provide Kawano with a chance to regroup, which allowed him to swoop up Majima in a Double Arm DDT and score the pin.

Rating: 34

Individual performances: Kawano 51, Majima 44

BzaijDZ.jpgs3iDU4W.jpgRk9NaUI.jpg

Once the match was over, Mushashibo came out, still on crutches, to berate Kawano for his cowardly tactics and Yumaniac for spitting on women's wrestling with her behavior. Instead of responding, the couple gave a nasty grin and closed the distance up the ramp to pick on what seemed like an easy target...

iuOMLaj.jpg

...but they stopped dead on their tracks when the WQ2020 Queen's Heart champion stepped out to stand on Mushashibo's side!

DjFeKkG.jpg

Tag Team Deathmatch

RvCSj5i.jpg3aT2S4h.jpgyuig55e.jpgSFs78pU.jpgSPpAnlw.jpg

Forlorn Hope vs Unstoppable Monsters

Tai and Ishimura were out for revenge after Kajiwara and Makioka cost them a title match last month, bringing much intensity and rage into the bout right out the gates. Their eagerness saw them make a few mistakes, which the veteran team of Forlorn Hope were able to capitalize on and turn things around for a bit, until Kajiwara was hit with a chop block that clipped his notoriously injured knee. This left the Monsters to beat down on Makioka, who carried most of that extended segment in terms of performance with his selling. Kajiwara would eventually climb back on the apron and pull Tai's hair to create an opening for the tag, but once he got back in, a scything kick to the knee from Tai folded him over and set him up for the Tai Bomber that shook the ring. Makioka ran in to break up the cover but caught a lariat from the charging Ishimura for his troubles, clearing the field for the three count and Unstoppable Monsters winning the main event.

Rating: 39

Individual performance: Kajiwara 34, Makioka 54, Tai 43, Ishimura 26

Show rating: 45

Edited by DarK_RaideR
  • Like 1

Savage Slam

Thursday, Week 2, September 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 657 fans in attendance

bDmiaYO.jpgyuig55e.jpgqav5IgA.jpg

Edo Phoenix IV vs WARRIOR Koiso

Earlier this month, the name, logo and members of the Bloody Hand were revealed on social media; Edo Phoenix IV apparently was the one Taheiji Konoe chose to bring in after winning that Stairway to Hell match and from the looks of it, this impressive high flyer will be the group's representative in the junior division. This match here did everything it was supposed to, introducing Phoenix to the fans and showcasing his flashy aerial offence against the persevering Koiso who gave it her best shot but ultimately fell to a Blaze of Glory '12.

Rating: 55

Individual performances: Phoenix 59, Koiso 39

CAJFaKU.jpg

After the match, MACHINE Takami made her first appearance since losing the Queen's Heart title and challenged Phoenix to leave that young lioness Koiso alone. If he wants to fight, he better pick on someone his size and Takami will be happy to face him.

DjFeKkG.jpg

nVIcpgX.jpgDO4427u.jpgyuig55e.jpgSFs78pU.jpgSPpAnlw.jpg

The Assassins vs Unstoppable Monsters

Given the Assassins' recent string of successes and how they've been constantly asking for a shot at the tag team titles, most fans probably expected this to be their last big match before facing the champions. After them berating the Unstoppable Monsters and the opportunities they've been getting, the Assassins faced their would-be nemesis and had a chance to shut them down, becoming the undeniable #1 contenders. Instead, it was Ishimura and Tai who completely decimated their opponents for almost ten minutes, before a Running Butt Avalanche flattened Assassin #1 for the pin. Though the match itself wasn't great, the controversy surrounding it has lit the internet wrestling community on fire, with some saying it's all been a work all along to establish the Monsters as the dominant force, others claiming plans changed or a last minute audible was called, while others proclaim that The Assassins are being punished for repeated backstage offences.

Individual performances: Assassin #1 53, Assassin #2 57, Tai 51, Ishimura 40

DjFeKkG.jpg

#1 Contender Four Way match

Winner faces Pinky Perez for the Warrior Heart title

DbpgfdK.jpgyuig55e.jpgM8g23T9.jpgyuig55e.jpgTaMb6sL.jpgyuig55e.jpgR5hc6Zf.jpg

Nami Genda vs Petra Forsberg vs Romi Yamato vs Rika Tsujimura

A showcase of WQ2020's high flying, athletic junior division with four competitors that can really turn up the heat and deliver impressive moves to pop the crowd. Though not quite convincing as a probable title challenger, Forsberg showed she can hang in with her much more experienced counterparts, all of which had several chances to score the pin but were averted, as is often the case in these multi person matches. Rika Tsujimura was the one to eventually strike home and get the win, when she knocked Genda off the top rope onto Yamato on the outside, before hitting Forsberg with a Running Knee Bomb.

Individual performances: Genda 45, Forsberg 34, Tsujimura 42, Yamato 47

R5hc6Zf.jpgiuOMLaj.jpg

After the match, Rika Tsujimura got on the mic to warn Perez that her title reign will be over soon, only for the champion to come out and hold the belt up high in defiant response.

Rating: 28

DjFeKkG.jpg

0ygCUEi.jpgRvCSj5i.jpg3aT2S4h.jpgyuig55e.jpg3iC2yf0.jpgK1dVjTx.jpgqgwA8Lx.jpg

The Bloody Hand (Konoe, Kajiwara & Makioka) vs Kitsune Danger & Cannibal Crew

First match for The Bloody Hand since consolidating into a proper group, with Kitsune Danger and the tag team champions as their opponents. It should come as no surprise that this turned out to be a deathmatch, though once again it was tame (by WQ2020 standards) as nobody took any major, jaw dropping bumps from bell to bell. Once more, Kajiwara's damaged knee became the target for his opponents and once again, he ended up getting pinned, courtesy of a Hungarian Death Drop by Etelka the Hun.

Individual performances: Kajiwara 32, Makioka 54, Konoe 50, Danger 62, Maneater 45, Etelka 42

DjFeKkG.jpg

QrajT4B.jpg

Tables match for the WQ2020 Queen of the Deathmatch title

Rk9NaUI.jpgyuig55e.jpgM7c6AIc.jpg

Dr. Yumaniac vs Naoko Majima

After a questionable loss to Kawano last month, Majima faced Dr. Yumaniac with the vacant Queen of the Deathmatch title on the line and contested in a Tables match. Kawano escorted his girlfriend during her entrance, but kissed her and returned backstage. The commentary team wondered if this was a case of Dr. Yumaniac taking this personally and wanting a clean win without footnotes, or whether Kawano had been actually banned from ringside for this main event. Whatever the case was, the two women really brought the fight to each other, turning the deathmatch violence up a notch from the previous match. Naoko Majima put it all on the line and even hit a diving headbutt off the top rope onto her opponent who had been laid out on a barb wire board outside the ring, a spot where maybe some of the barb wire or one of the table's splinters nearly poked her eye out of its socket as for the rest of the match, her right eye sported a frighteningly deep cut that quickly swelled into a disturbing shade of purple. Uncomfortable as it may have looked, this injury made Majima look even more hellbent as she fought on, at one point swinging a chair for some nasty unprotected shots to Dr. Yumaniac's head. A wild fifteen or so minutes with both women showing incredible resilience and tenacity, until Majima was finally rewarded for her stubborn fighting spirit when she speared her opponent through a table set up on a corner, ironically enough a spot reminiscent of Konoe's Animalistic Gore. Thus, Naoko Majima ended her night as the new WQ2020 Queen of the Deathmatch

Individual performances: Yumaniac 53, Majima 54

Show rating: 43

Edited by DarK_RaideR
  • Like 3

Reach for the Mountain 2020

Thursday, Week 3, October 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 688 fans in attendance

M7c6AIc.jpgBzaijDZ.jpg

New WQ Queen of the Deathmatch Naoko Majima opened the show with a victory promo and former champion Fujiko Mushashibo came out. Mushashibo congratulated the new champion, but also reminded her that she won a vacated title and once she'd be cleared to wrestle again, she would be coming to reclaim the belt she never lost.

DjFeKkG.jpg

Deathmatch

RvCSj5i.jpg3aT2S4h.jpgyuig55e.jpgCpQSLiz.jpgvXdS1jd.jpg

The Forlorn Hope vs The Hooligan Sisters

After a series of losses, this looked like the big opportunity for Makioka and Kajiwara to get back on track against the rookie Hooligan Sisters, but things didn't play out as expected as the twins were well aware of Kajiwara's knee injury and viciously attacked his weak point, with Helena Hooligan managing to score a shocking roll up victory. Young lionesses no more, as the announce team proclaimed, the sisters finally got their first win in WQ2020 and Makioka was furious afterwards. Perhaps a rift showing there between the two long time teammates?

Individual performances: Kajiwara 31, Makioka 54, Helena 37, Hannah 38

DjFeKkG.jpg

C5jpgYb.jpgyuig55e.jpgTaMb6sL.jpg

A similar story played itself out in the following bout, a rematch from August as Lady San Juan went up against Romi Yamato. LSJ brought her mix of high flying and technical offence to counter Yamato's stiff kicks and not only she survived, she even won the match clean with a San Juan Slam to also mark down her first ever victory as a member of the WQ2020 roster.

Individual performances: LSJ 36, Yamato 50

DjFeKkG.jpg

Trios Deathmatch

0ygCUEi.jpgs3iDU4W.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgyuig55e.jpgM7c6AIc.jpgK1dVjTx.jpgqgwA8Lx.jpg

The Bloody Hand vs Naoko Majima & Cannibal Crew

As the new champion, Majima came into this match with a ton of momentum and the tag team champions on her side, but Bloody Hand operated like a well oiled machine of violence, which led to an intense and competitive match. It wasn't a good night for the invaders though, as yet again the Bloody Hand suffered a defeat when Majima scored the pin over Dr. Yumaniac with her Coiling Strike finisher.

Individual performances: Dr. Yumaniac 49, Kawano 37, Konoe 57, Maneater 44, Etelka 45, Danger 50

DjFeKkG.jpg

bDmiaYO.jpgyuig55e.jpgCAJFaKU.jpg

Edo Phoenix IV vs MACHINE Takami

The challenge answered, Phoenix stepped into the ring against former champion MACHINE Takami in her return match for what should have been a spectacular match. Unfortunately, it became very clear that Takami wasn't even putting the effort in, but instead phoned in her performance and it really dragged the overall outcome down. Still, she got the win via pinfall after a Takami Bomb, but by then the WQ fans were heavily booing her for what they considered an unprofessional appearance that wasn't giving them back their money's worth.

Individual performances: Phoenix 54, Takami 30

3iC2yf0.jpgCAJFaKU.jpg

Kitsune Danger hit the ring after the match with a mic in hand and said that tonight's 3 out of 3 losses for The Bloody Hand prove they can be beat, provided that the women of the WQ roster work together to stand a chance against them. In what quickly seemed to go into shoot territory, Danger said she wanted to come out here and extend a hand to offer an alliance, but after watching Takami in that match she was having second thoughts, only for a furous Takami to slap the mic out of her hands, flip her off and walk backstage to a chorus of boos.

DjFeKkG.jpg

LlIwD9r.jpg

iuOMLaj.jpgyuig55e.jpgR5hc6Zf.jpg

Pinky Perez © vs Rika Tsujimura

In the main event, Perez put her newly won title on the line against newly crowned #1 contender Rika Tsujimura and what a match it was, given the apparent chemistry between the two of them. Rika had some great moments kicking Perez mid-move in the air, using her height and reach to her full advantage to keep the champion at bay and close in for hammering knee strikes when able. Perez was quick to adapt and tone down her high risk offence for some more mat based wrestling, complete with a few clever reversals when she dodged her opponent's kicks to grab a leg for a takedown or roll up. Great action for nearly fifteen minutes and a dramatic finish with the Pink Butterfly Bomb as Perez made her first title defence in a stellar bout.

Rating: 52

Individual performances: Perez 63, Tsujimura 42

Show rating: 44

I was beyond myself with joy when I put the phone down. That was some good news I really needed. Ever since our serious dip and the comeback using WEXXV alumni, the girls had been on edge. I had gotten more than a few complaints about men stealing their spot and while not unjustified, those fears were only for those who thought short term. My long term plan was to use the guys' popularity to elevate the women. Having the Bloody Hand lose all their matches at Reach for the Mountain hopefully got that point across, although again that mostly had to do with my long term storytelling plans. Alas, not everything was sunshine and roses.

nVIcpgX.jpgDO4427u.jpgCAJFaKU.jpg

I'd let the Assassins go, after one backstage incident too many by Fuyuko Higa. This was becoming more trouble than it was worth and worst of all, Higa was too dumb to even hold herself back when her team was clearly lined up to be the next tag team champions. Having her bring down the entire locker room to the point where everyone's performances were worse due to morale was something I couldn't stand for and as good as Gemmei Oonishi was, I'd gotten the two of them as a package deal so she had to be realeased as well. Then there was Takami, mad ever since she was told she'd be dropping the title to Perez. I'm not saying she should have taken the blow and smiled, even if she didn't get that she was helping put a great talent over in Perez, but phoning in her performance at Reach for the Mountain was the last straw. I tried my best to not fire her at the spot in front of the live crowd, but there was no more room for her in WQ2020 after such behaviour.

ZjnNQKb.jpg2ZSa2vr.jpgLQsTUfN.jpgRvCSj5i.jpg

Then there was the financial aspect. Our shows were doing good, but with the dojo's expenses, we were still bleeding money every month. Widow and Malady got the axe as they weren't getting over as quick as I'd like. Coupled with their performances and some backstage problems Widow had, they were on top of the list. Once that was over, I had a chat with Kajiwara-san about helping with production in the deathmatch division. He agreed, thus Henry Lee's services were no longer required. We parted on good terms, he helped us get off the ground and at 51 years of age, I imagine he was all too happy to enjoy his retirement and focus on his family. With that in the books, I had a wrestler and road agent, both for a price lower than Henry's fee. Fingers crossed this would eventually pay off.

2peqncn.jpg

Graveyard slot or not, this deal better pull us up, fast.

• Like 1

Warrior Queen 2020 presents:

Fight for Freedom

Thursday, Week 4 of November 2020

Live on All Japan TV

HIVdbG7.jpeg2peqncn.jpg

WQ2020 Blood Sisters titles Deathmatch

Cannibal Crew © vs Unstoppable Monsters

Junior Division debut match

Emiko Miyoshi vs Nami Genda

Tag Team Deathmatch

The Forlorn Hope vs Kitsune Danger & Naoko Majima

Three Way Deathmatch

Onryo vs Piper Hale vs Róisín Gross

Junior Tag Team match

Akari Kawashima & WARRIOR Koiso vs Lady San Juan & Pinky Perez

Plus: The Bloody Hand convene inside the ring to address their future, and a special performance from Mizucore & Petra Forsberg!

Cannibal Crew © vs Unstoppable Monsters

Emiko Miyoshi vs Nami Genda

Tag Team Deathmatch

The Forlorn Hope vs Kitsune Danger & Naoko Majima

Three Way Deathmatch

Onryo vs Piper Hale vs Róisín Gross

Junior Tag Team match

Cannibal Crew © vs Unstoppable Monsters

Emiko Miyoshi vs Nami Genda

Tag Team Deathmatch

The Forlorn Hope vs Kitsune Danger & Naoko Majima

Three Way Deathmatch

Onryo vs Piper Hale vs Róisín Gross

Junior Tag Team match

Fight For Freedom

Thursday, Week 4, November 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 539 fans in attendance (3.845 viewers on All Japan TV)

FGkIMO3.jpgM8g23T9.jpg

Warrior Queen's first ever televised event began in what, for regular joshi promotions, would have been a pretty standard fashion, a musical performance. Of course, Forsberg singing terribly was a hint that something was off, perhaps foreshadowing the next of the show wouldn't be like others, but it was clear that singing for a live crowd and putting on that show for TV are very different things and adapting to this shift caused some obvious issues.

Rating: 12

DjFeKkG.jpg

gUTS2Du.jpgqav5IgA.jpgyuig55e.jpgC5jpgYb.jpgiuOMLaj.jpg

Akari Kawashima & WARRIOR Koiso vs Lady San Juan & Pinky Perez

Koiso reformed her second generation tag team with Kawashima for the opening match and although they haven't been tagging for long, the chemistry and flow between them was undeniable. Across the ring stood the masked luchadora team of Lady San Juan and the WQ Queen's Heart champion, a pairing that has no experience together but very similar styles and speaking the same language, a minor detail that really helped communication. Other than that, this was a fairly standard young lioness match, with Kawashima and Koiso putting on a show and fighitng as hard as they can before the inevitable fall, Kawashima taking the San Juan Slam for the loss as Lady San Juan continued her winning ways.

Individual performances: Koiso 37, Kawashima 39, Perez 57, LSJ 36

DjFeKkG.jpg

Three Way Deathmatch

FwvLP0N.jpgyuig55e.jpgG7TEM2S.jpgyuig55e.jpgwZuYKBR.jpg

Onryo vs Piper Hale vs Róisín Gross

For anyone wondering why WQ was broadcast on the Graveyard slot of a questionable channel such as All Japan TV, the answer came quickly in the form of this match. The gimmickry of Onryo's entrance quickly gave way to violence, weapons and blood, a shocking display by Western hardcore wrestling standards but pretty standard stuff in terms of a Japanese deathmatch. Gross had her moments to be an absolute destroyer of a powerhouse, Gross launched herself off anything she could find and Onryo played the part of unstoppable force, constantly coming back from everything  that was thrown at her until she nailed Piper with the Final Judgement to end the match.

Rating: 42

Individual performances: Onryo 40, Gross 42, Hale 40

DjFeKkG.jpg

3iC2yf0.jpgM7c6AIc.jpgBzaijDZ.jpg

Kitsune Danger was out next and she invited the Queen of the Deathmatch champion, Naoko Majima to join her in the ring. Once the two women were between the ropes, Danger gave a short recap of the WEXXV invasion which led to the formation of The Bloody Hand, for viewers on TV who haven't been following the WQ2020 canon. She then spoke of how something needed to be done for the WQ originals to fight back, not individually but as a group, and offered her hand to Majima (last month's segment with MACHINE Takami was never brought up, by the way). The champion seemed to hesitate, and in this pause, Fujiko Mushashibo came out, still in crutches with her leg in a cast. Mushashibo also let viewers know she was the previous holder of the belt and had to vacate due to injury, but despite her impending clash with Majima, she recognized the truth in Danger's words and threw her hat in the ring to defend WQ2020. With that, Majima was apparently swayed and the three women joined hands, apparently joining forces too in order to create the faction that will rival The Bloody Hand.

Rating: 40

Tag Team Deathmatch

RvCSj5i.jpg3aT2S4h.jpgyuig55e.jpg3iC2yf0.jpgM7c6AIc.jpg

The Forlorn Hope vs Kitsune Danger & Naoko Majima

Immediately putting their new alliance to the test, Danger and Majima faced off against Kajiwara and Makioka in the following match. The Forlorn Hope have already been struggling for a while due to Kajiwara's knee being a frequent target of attacks and this was no different. Majima was able to trap it in a folding chair and viciously stomp it, while Kitsune Danger pulled off some vicious Dragonscrew Legwhips that looked like she was trying to pop a joint. With Kajiwara reeling, Makioka yet again had to pull double duty. The numbers don't lie though, and a 2 on 1 disadvantage was too much for him to overcome, leading to the match finish and the Coiling Strike on Kajiwara as Majima picked up the win.

Rating: 50

Individual performances: Majima 44, Danger 58, Kajiwara 28, Makioka 52

BiKfAZZ.jpg

0ygCUEi.jpgs3iDU4W.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgbDmiaYO.jpgRvCSj5i.jpg3aT2S4h.jpg

The Bloody Hand hit the ring in full force once the match was over, leading to a quick retreat for the winners. With Kajiwara still struggling to put weight on both his feet, Dr. Yumaniac got on the mic and cut a promo about the group needing to get rid of the dead weight. Last month they lost all of their matches and this kind of situation cannot continue. It all seemed as though Kajiwara was about to get violently kicked out of the group...

Rk9NaUI.jpgs3iDU4W.jpg

...but then she slapped Kimi Kawano!

The Bloody Hand descended on Kawano, beating him down to a pulp and as he lay there reeling...

Rk9NaUI.jpgbDmiaYO.jpg

Dr. Yumaniac and Edo Phoenix IV kissed!

(well, as much as that is technically possible when you're wearing a mask that hasn't even got a slit where your mouth is)

A shocking moment for sure, and one that would set the internet wrestling community ablaze given the recent rumors about Dr. Yumaniac's love life. How much of this was staged? Was it a worked shoot? Is the locker room now a mess? Aye, that should get them talking, create a bit of buzz.

DjFeKkG.jpg

DpTyyCL.jpgyuig55e.jpgDbpgfdK.jpg

Emiko Miyoshi vs Nami Genda

Emiko Miyoshi made her debut here as she and Genda apparently tried to one up each other in terms of impressive high flying maneuvers. It worked to excite the crowd and it didn't hurt that the fans were already hot from the angle that preceded this match. Miyoshi got to showcase what she can do and Genda held the match together, selling the offence like a champ as well as hitting a few big moves of her own. As should be expected, Miyoshi started off strong with a win when she cradled her opponent for the pin and it seems WQ2020 have a potential star in their hands as the few young females in the audience really seemed to connect with Miyoshi and enjoy her being the winner.

Individual performances: Miyoshi 26, Genda 40

DjFeKkG.jpg

bIS8PEs.jpgbIS8PEs.jpg

K1dVjTx.jpgqgwA8Lx.jpgyuig55e.jpgSFs78pU.jpgSPpAnlw.jpg

Cannibal Crew © vs Unstoppable Monsters

No strangers to each other, the two teams met again in a title match after their bout four months ago, though strictly in terms of match quality they weren't able to top that performance. Still, the challengers looked more dangerous than ever, now having beaten not only the McWade Brothers but also taken out The Assassins and more or less dominating Warrior Queen's tag team division. This was, of course, a deathmatch and Etelka even took a powerbomb onto a board of scissors, the very same move she gave to another woman in the past that made her famous when the video became viral online. That's not to say the powerhouse duo of Ishimura and Tai completely dominated the match, but they controlled most of it and oddly enough, Ishimura was the one to get the biggest pops from the audience over her teammate. Tai sealed the deal though with a Tai Bomber, driving Maneater through a flaming table before she hit another Tai Bomber on Etelka, stacking her on top to score the pin and win the belts for her team. The show ended with the two new champions standing tall and celebrating their win as the feed faded to black.

Rating: 34

Individual performances: Maneater 39, Etelka 44, Tai 37, Ishimura 25

Show rating: 40

• Like 1

Submit to the Will

Thursday, Week 4, December 2020

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 570 fans in attendance (3.868 viewers on All Japan TV)

FGkIMO3.jpgM8g23T9.jpgz5NMYsM.jpg0ygCUEi.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgbDmiaYO.jpg

Mizucore and Petra Forsberg were joined by well known cosplayer and online personality Hiroko Iha for this month's opening performance, with their trio announced as "Idol Queens". This time though, their performance wasn't completed as Taheiji Konoe, Dr. Yumaniac and Edo Phoenix IV ran out to attack them for an early advantage to their scheduled match.

FGkIMO3.jpgM8g23T9.jpgz5NMYsM.jpgyuig55e.jpg0ygCUEi.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgbDmiaYO.jpg

Idol Queens vs The Bloody Hand

As much as Iha got a good, if mixed, reaction for her debut and performance, she caught a lot of flak in this match for her actual in-ring skill (or lack thereof). Between her trying to not mess up her outfit and the Bloody Hand ruthlessly attacking Mizucore's previously broken leg, the Idol Queens took a beating and Dr. Yumaniac sealed the deal by hitting Mizucore with her Purgatorium finisher for the win.

Individual performances: Phoenix 54, Yumaniac 42, Konoe 55, Mizucore 36, Iha 24, Forsberg 37

DjFeKkG.jpg

vXdS1jd.jpgyuig55e.jpgDbpgfdK.jpg

Helena Hooligan vs Nami Genda

It's been a few months since the Hooligan Sisters won their first match and on this night, Helena tried her hand as a singles wrestler. Nami Genda gave her a real hard time, to the point where a move of desperation was made, with Helena rolling under the ring as her sister rolled out to replace her.

CpQSLiz.jpg

Twin magic!

Despite the similarities, it should come as no surprise that referee Tatum Roberts caught onto the trick due to the difference in hair colour, awarding the DQ win to Genda. A fun play on the old switcharoo trope, the only real surprise here was seeing a DQ finish in a Warrior Queen match, which the crowd clearly hated judging from their reaction to the final bell.

Rating: 31

Individual performances: Hooligan 39, Genda 43

DjFeKkG.jpg

DpTyyCL.jpgyuig55e.jpgR5hc6Zf.jpgyuig55e.jpgTaMb6sL.jpg

Emiko Miyoshi vs Rika Tsujimura vs Romi Yamato

Next up was a three way spotfest. Miyoshi brought the athletic high flying action while the other two provided some hard hitting offence, particularly using knee strikes and kicks. Tsujimura had a good moment when she hit her opponents with a double superplex that looked extra impressive thanks to her height making for a wider angle in the throw, while later Yamato managed to throw Tsujimura to a corner, then whip Miyoshi on top of her and hit them both with a Yamatotal for a two count. Solid action in what turned out to be the best match of the night and another win for Emiko Miyoshi thanks to her rana cradle finisher.

Individual performances: Miyoshi 36, Tsujimura 43, Yamato 51

DjFeKkG.jpg

FwvLP0N.jpgyuig55e.jpg3iC2yf0.jpg

Onryo vs Kitsune Danger

Just when you'd think All Japan TV has had a hand in toning down WQ2020's violence, Onryo and Kitsune Danger turned it to eleven. Though there were blood and weapons involved, this was very much a story of perserverance. Danger pushed through to show her fighting spirit, Onryo kept making comebacks to play up her supernatural gimmick and it all worked fine, even with her sporting a nasty chest bruise that quickly turned purple. Kitsune Danger ended this with a Kajahara Claw as medics rushed in to check on her opponent.

Individual performances: Danger 63, Onryo 41

DjFeKkG.jpg

QrajT4B.jpg

Tables match for the WQ2020 Queen of the Deathmatch title

M7c6AIc.jpgyuig55e.jpgBzaijDZ.jpg

Naoko Majima © vs Fujiko Mushashibo

Before the match, Majima and Mushashibo got on the mic and agreed to up the ante for their main event title bout, turning it into a Tables match. Despite the mutual respect and their agreement to join forces last month (or perhaps because of it) the two competitors brought their A game and it was clear for all to see that they're made to fight each other. Mushashibo was hyped to be making her in ring return, Majima fought with unreal tenacity to defend her newly won title and it all made for a bloody spectacle full of drama, intensity and emotion. Could have gone either way, especially near the end with a ton of false finishes, but Majima finally managed to connect with a Coiling Strike around the fifteen minute mark and hold her opponent down for the count, as Mushashibo kicked out a split second too late right after three.

Individual performances: Majima 55, Mushashibo 50

M7c6AIc.jpgBzaijDZ.jpg0ygCUEi.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgbDmiaYO.jpg3iC2yf0.jpg

Despite the finish, Mushashibo did not argue the outcome of the match but instead hugged Majima and congratulated her. It was at that point when the show came full circle, with Konoe, Dr. Yumaniac and Edo Phoenix IV running out to attack the two women, but Kitsune Danger rushed out for support. The six person brawl went on for a bit, but then the speakers came alive...

YV1X19C.jpg

IT'S HIROSHI MUFUGGIN MORISUE!

Just as his music burst into the first verse, the WEXXV veteran walked to the ring with purpose and joined the Bloody Hand in destroying their three opponents. The show ended with The Bloody Hand standing tall, now bolstered by a huge new addition.

Show rating: 44

• Like 1

Unkillable

Thursday, Week 2, January 2021

Sendai, Tohoku Region, 675 fans in attendance (3.821 viewers on All Japan TV)

BiKfAZZ.jpg

YV1X19C.jpg0ygCUEi.jpg3aT2S4h.jpgRvCSj5i.jpgRk9NaUI.jpgbDmiaYO.jpg

The first show of the new year began with The Bloody Hand coming out to the ring in full force, led by its newest addition in Hiroshi Morisue. It was Dr. Yumaniac who got on the mic and introduced the WEXXV veteran, saying the Bloody Hand have had a great 2020 since their formation. However, her tone slightly changing from celebratory to menacing, the group is a Five Finger Death Punch and as was displayed two months ago, it has zero tolerance for weaklings. With that, all of the men jumped Koichi Kajiwara, who they proceeded to beat to the ground. It's no secret the veteran has been taking pins since his arrival and costing his team some tag matches, which is probably why Makioka was the one most vicious in his offence. This moment was teased in November, when a curveball saw Kimi Kawano kicked out instead, but this month it was Kajiwara who officially got the boot from the group.

DjFeKkG.jpg

gUTS2Du.jpgyuig55e.jpgTaMb6sL.jpg

Akari Kawashima vs Romi Yamato

Kawashima returned to Warrior Queen, this time for a singles match in the junior division. Despite still regarded as a rookie, Kawashima showed she's able to hang in the ring with the likes of Yamato, at times even matching her in terms of performance. Other than a good showing though, she was never meant to win this match and for all her valiant effort, a Yamatotal put her down for the count.

Individual performances: Kawashima 45, Yamato 50

DjFeKkG.jpg

DpTyyCL.jpgyuig55e.jpgqav5IgA.jpg

Emiko Miyoshi vs WARRIOR Koiso

Kawashima's friend and sporadic tag team partner was up next, in action against Warrior Queen's latest new hot addition in Miyoshi. This was a rather flashy bout, with Miyoshi bringing her usual lucha-inspired aerial offence and Koiso treating the Japanese crowd to some stiff strikes and slick suplexes. Perhaps too much of a spotfest, given how both ladies are still quite inexperience and tend to get carried away, another win for Miyoshi thanks to her rana cradle finisher.

Rating: 35

Individual performances: Miyoshi 35, Koiso 28

C5jpgYb.jpgDpTyyCL.jpgiuOMLaj.jpg

After the match, Lady San Juan came out with a mic and praised Miyoshi for her undefeated streak since arrival. LSJ said this certainly puts her in contention for a shot at the Queen's Heart title, but there's one last roadblock Miyoshi has to go through: her. This statement brought out the champion and Perez confirmed that she will be giving the winner of that match a shot at her championship. A pretty standard angle to set up a #1 contenders and subsequent title match, what was actually impressive here was seeing both Lady San Juan and Pinky Perez cut a promo in fluent Japanese, evidence of how invested they are in sticking with WQ2020 and making a name for themselves in Japan.

Rating: 35

DjFeKkG.jpg

Deathmatch

Rk9NaUI.jpgyuig55e.jpgG7TEM2S.jpg

Dr. Yumaniac vs Piper Hale

Much like the Japanese young lions, Piper Hale has been constantly losing but still she keeps coming and that's starting to win her a few fans. Her grit and flair for violence is slowly getting appreciated, but unfortunately seeing her in the ring with Dr. Yumaniac felt a bit awkward in execution. Something just didn't click and the bout wasn't as good as it should have been, to the point where even overbooking or some spectacular stunt wouldn't be enough to distract from the issue. Dr. Yumaniac mercifully ended this around the ten minute mark with a Purgatorium.

Individual performances: Dr. Yumaniac 43, Hale 42

DjFeKkG.jpg

Tag Team Deathmatch

K1dVjTx.jpgqgwA8Lx.jpgyuig55e.jpgvXdS1jd.jpgCpQSLiz.jpg

Cannibal Crew vs Hooligan Sisters

Fresh out of losing the tag titles, Cannibal Crew took out their frustration on their opponents here but they had to be cautious since the Sisters have started winning matches, proving they are not to be pushed around. This was indeed the story of the match, with Etelka and Maneater dominating on offence before they'd get carried away and make some mistake that allowed the Sisters to turn the tables. The finishing stretch took this to its natural climax and it was Etelka who got caught in a roll up when Helena reversed a powerbomb attempt.

Individual performances: Maneater 42, Etelka 41, Helena 38, Hannah 42

DjFeKkG.jpg

Trios Deathmatch

3iC2yf0.jpgM7c6AIc.jpgBzaijDZ.jpgyuig55e.jpgYV1X19C.jpg0ygCUEi.jpg3aT2S4h.jpg

Death Triangle vs The Bloody Hand

The team of Kitsune Danger, Naoko Majima and Fujiko Mushashibo were announced as Death Triangle, which seems to be the name they'll be using for their group. This was their debut as a trio, after declaring they would unite to defend WQ2020 from the invading Bloody Hand. It was also Hiroshi Morisue's in-ring debut for the promotion and maybe part of it was the inevitable chaos of a deathmatch drawing attention away from his limitations, but he proved his critics wrong by putting on a solid performance that kept up with everyone else. Makioka seemed reinvigorated now that he's no longer burdened with Kajiwara, that is, until he was put through a table at ringside. Also, this was probably the least crazy of bumps in this match: Konoe attempted the Animalistic Gore and ended up charging against a stack of light tubes in a corner, Morisue got dropkicked off the apron to land spine first on the barricade, Kitsune Danger climbed to the top rope for a dive but was shoved off balance to crash on a stack of chairs at ringside, Majima had her back repeatedly assaulted with a cheese grater to the point where you'd think you could see bone and Mushashibo's previously broken leg received several blows with the timekeeper's hammer. It was this weak spot that cost Death Triangle the match, as The Bloody Hand went wild on her leg and eventually Makioka put her in a Figure Four to squeeze out a submission win.

Individual performances: Makioka 55, Konoe 46, Morisue 50, Danger 70, Mushashibo 48, Majima 55

Show rating: 43

Edited by DarK_RaideR
  • Like 3