AutoBook Tweaks

Some small suggestions for the logic/AI of autobooker that's missing.

• Autobooker doesn't currently check whether face/heel divide is loosely enforced, leading to no matches available. A better system would be to do its usual run through, and then a secondary run through afterwards to book heel vs heel and face vs face matches if necessary
  • On B shows, it overbooks angles for midcarders (usually managers) instead of using Unimportant talent in matches. I'd argue this is incorrect logic for the purpose of a B show.
  • In the B show angles, there is no relationship checks on the workers used. For example, I cannot think of any time where I'd prefer using just 1 worker of a Permanent Unit tag team in an angle. It should book both of them if it's booking them in an angle. The same goes for managers - if I have a manager of a lower midcard talent then I want the manager and that talent in an angle together rather than just the manager.
  • There's no product check enforced past match types. For example, if my show requires 20 minute matches to get a world class score than I obviously do not want my main event to ever be less than 20 minutes if using the Main Event focus.

Some small suggestions for the logic/AI of autobooker that's missing.

• Autobooker doesn't currently check whether face/heel divide is loosely enforced, leading to no matches available. A better system would be to do its usual run through, and then a secondary run through afterwards to book heel vs heel and face vs face matches if necessary
  • On B shows, it overbooks angles for midcarders (usually managers) instead of using Unimportant talent in matches. I'd argue this is incorrect logic for the purpose of a B show.
  • In the B show angles, there is no relationship checks on the workers used. For example, I cannot think of any time where I'd prefer using just 1 worker of a Permanent Unit tag team in an angle. It should book both of them if it's booking them in an angle. The same goes for managers - if I have a manager of a lower midcard talent then I want the manager and that talent in an angle together rather than just the manager.
  • There's no product check enforced past match types. For example, if my show requires 20 minute matches to get a world class score than I obviously do not want my main event to ever be less than 20 minutes if using the Main Event focus.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Autobooker is Vince McMahon and has no memory of what has been recently done, who is feuding, or what the product type is.

2. Autobooker is Tony Khan and will be happy to create shows that have no sense of distributing the angles throughout a card, doesn't care if it has 3 matches of the same type in a row, forget roller coaster theory.

3. Autobooker is Vince Russo and does not care about sustaining popularity or trying to make sense (on terms of title matches and ignoring match types or lengths that the fans need), and does not care if it books a guy with 30% stamina or 70% Body into a 40 minute match with a high workrate company.

-----

1a. Please have autobooker look at the last 2 weeks of what was done and create something "similar but not a copy".

1b. Please have autobooker attempt to advance the feuds/storylines.

2. Please have autobooker do a second pass and redistribute matches/angles in hopes to simulate roller coaster theory.

3. Please have autobooker consider a worker's stamina and condition when booking them, and have some awareness about momentum loss.

I've tried using it, but it always just creates an unusable mess.