Whiskey Black & Wildfire vs BlackThorn
Liberty Austin & Malice vs Charlize & TK Anarchy

• Like 1

Prediction Results

KyTeran: 5/8
smw88: 4/8
SuperFresh: 3/8
SomeLazyMagic: 4/8

Congratulations to the winner of the Chapter 29 round of predictions  KyTeran who scored 5/8 on the night. A solid set of scores across the board indicating that normality has resumed following the Starlet Battle Bowl. A big, warm welcome to SomeLazyMagic who made their debut in the field of predictions and came tied for second which is no small feat. Hopefully you enjoyed the show and see merit in sticking around. With this win, KyTeran has just edged ahead of the pack in the period of five and could be closing in on their fourth victory in this regard. The race is still close though with smw88 and SuperFresh still nipping at their heels.

Overall Predictions (Number of Correct Calls)

1st: KyTeran = 139              (Currrent Period of 5) = 12

2nd: SuperFresh = 107         (Current Period of 5) = 10     

3rd: smw88 = 83                 (Current Period of 5) = 11             

Rhysrob = 33 

Herrbear = 29

Dawn = 14   

SomeLazyMagic = 4            (Current Period of 5) = 4           

Markw = 3

• Like 2

image host

Prediction Key
Hiroko Mori & Hotaru Goda vs Better Than You
Submission Match
Dallas Fox vs Ella Frost
Rachel Rush vs Malice
Krissy Kanzaki vs Killshot Ayama
Starlet Tag Team Championship
Falls Count Anywhere
Imogen Adams & Minami Koi (c) vs Project S.M.I.L.E
Lights Out Match
Mickie Duggan vs Black Sheep
Starlet Grand Championship
Charlize (c) vs Liberty Austin

23 hours ago, LoNdOn said:

Prediction Results

KyTeran: 5/8
smw88: 4/8
SuperFresh: 3/8
SomeLazyMagic: 4/8

Congratulations to the winner of the Chapter 29 round of predictions  KyTeran who scored 5/8 on the night. A solid set of scores across the board indicating that normality has resumed following the Starlet Battle Bowl. A big, warm welcome to SomeLazyMagic who made their debut in the field of predictions and came tied for second which is no small feat. Hopefully you enjoyed the show and see merit in sticking around. With this win, KyTeran has just edged ahead of the pack in the period of five and could be closing in on their fourth victory in this regard. The race is still close though with smw88 and SuperFresh still nipping at their heels.

1st: KyTeran = 139              (Currrent Period of 5) = 12

2nd: SuperFresh = 107         (Current Period of 5) = 10     

3rd: smw88 = 83                 (Current Period of 5) = 11             

Rhysrob = 33 

Herrbear = 29

Dawn = 14   

SomeLazyMagic = 4            (Current Period of 5) = 4           

Markw = 3

Thank you for the welcome friend, I'm glad to have finally gotten myself here on time to make a prediction for such an awesome piece of work. I love how much character everyone has throughout the roster, and of course I'm a big fan of your render work with how much of it is currently populating my game saves. Keep up the good work!

Submission Match
Dallas Fox vs Ella Frost
Rachel Rush vs Malice
Falls Count Anywhere
Lights Out Match

• Like 1

Prediction Key
Submission Match
Dallas Fox vs Ella Frost
Rachel Rush vs Malice
Falls Count Anywhere
Lights Out Match

Painmaker

Edited by smw88
  • Like 1

Akikio Ishizaki vs Painmaker

Submission Match
Dallas Fox vs Ella Frost
Rachel Rush vs Malice
Falls Count Anywhere
Lights Out Match

Edited by KyTeran
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SomeLazyMagic said:

Thank you for the welcome friend, I'm glad to have finally gotten myself here on time to make a prediction for such an awesome piece of work. I love how much character everyone has throughout the roster, and of course I'm a big fan of your render work with how much of it is currently populating my game saves. Keep up the good work!

And thank you for the kind words! Really nice to hear that the Starlet journey is resonating with people and always good to see conversation in the thread as well. Hopefully you enjoy where this road takes us. I have a few ideas I have been percolating on and none of which I have seen carried out on the forums before (at least as far as I am aware). This should hopefully make more sense come Chapter 31 as it is noted in the early portion of the show.

Using the opportunity to strike whilst the iron is hot, for those that predict, who are some of your favourite characters/stories thus far? Conversely, who do you dislike?

Another question I am curious to know, obviously I am aware of who actively participates in the prediction contests (and to those people I would once again like to thank you sincerely) but are there any lurkers out there that read the content? I would assume there are perhaps one or two. I appreciate this promotion is neither based in the real world or within the fictional C-Verse so I always thought it may be a tougher sell to any potential readers out there.

In return, does anybody have anything pertaining this diary that they would like to ask me? Always happy to discuss.

Favorite characters/stories:

I liked Whiskey Black since her first match, but her performance in the Grand Championship tournament and her rivalry with DeathGrip has made her my favorite character in Starlet.  I am also a fan of her partner Wildfire.

Kelly Kanzaki has had some great stories throughout Starlet's history, from her Road to Redemption quest to beat Akikio Ishizaki, her heel turn by joining DeathGrip, and her current storyline with her sister Krissy, Kelly has had some of my favorite storylines in Starlet.

The rivalry between Annie Bolton and Lottie Deville made me a fan of both of these characters.  They had some of my favorite matches in Starlet including their I Quit match.  I look forward to see what you do with Annie as the Black Sheep.

Malice, since she is from my home state of Michigan, and was someone I still see as a potential Grand Champion.

Mahuika, you don't see many Maori wrestlers out there and I am a fan of Starlet's resident Maori warrior.

I will also mention I like the looks of Mischa Brooks and Nirvana Moon and look forward to see how the latest Starlet Academy graduates do.

Disliked characters:

This is hard for me considering I don't actively dislike anyone in Starlet, but if I had to choose my least favorite character it would be Rachel Rush.  The problem is I can't exactly tell you why I don't like her, she just doesn't seem interesting to me.

Diary questions:

I know that some of the new characters we see in Starlet are from prediction winners, but I was wondering.  Do you let TEW create characters than make renders for them, or do you create the renders first before making a character in TEW?

• Like 1

I'm with KyTeran on Whiskey Black, Annie Bolton, Lottie Deville & Kelly Kanzaki for all the same reasons. You made their stories feel so personal and fun to follow along for the endings, as well as keeping me going, "Well what happens next with them??"

Malice is a favorite because most mods don't have a mauler like her around, and even if they do they tend to be more bulky than muscular, so she's just a fun standout to me.

Mahuika isn't necessarily a favorite, but I like seeing what you do with her because I've used her render in my personal games to bulk up the women's wrestling scene in C-Verse 97 as a completely different identity. There's some fun compare and contrast going on for me whenever she's on the card.

I wouldn't say I dislike any characters really, but Project SMILE just doesn't hook me in despite how different they are compared to the rest of the roster. The renders are fantastic however, and I loved Homicide's stalking of Charlize at the start of the game.

Also! I appreciate your self-awareness on the potential limits being out of RW or CV universes can bring, but I don't think you have to worry about it alienating anyone from the diary with how well you've done with introducing the world through Starlet. Hell, Liberty Austin feels like such a big deal despite not even knowing where she came from exactly, and Akikio's return gave me such a big smile during the Battle Bowl because of the way you built her and the other Joshi crew up over the first few months in-game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KyTeran said:

Favorite characters/stories:

I liked Whiskey Black since her first match, but her performance in the Grand Championship tournament and her rivalry with DeathGrip has made her my favorite character in Starlet.  I am also a fan of her partner Wildfire.

Kelly Kanzaki has had some great stories throughout Starlet's history, from her Road to Redemption quest to beat Akikio Ishizaki, her heel turn by joining DeathGrip, and her current storyline with her sister Krissy, Kelly has had some of my favorite storylines in Starlet.

The rivalry between Annie Bolton and Lottie Deville made me a fan of both of these characters.  They had some of my favorite matches in Starlet including their I Quit match.  I look forward to see what you do with Annie as the Black Sheep.

Malice, since she is from my home state of Michigan, and was someone I still see as a potential Grand Champion.

Mahuika, you don't see many Maori wrestlers out there and I am a fan of Starlet's resident Maori warrior.

I will also mention I like the looks of Mischa Brooks and Nirvana Moon and look forward to see how the latest Starlet Academy graduates do.

Disliked characters:

This is hard for me considering I don't actively dislike anyone in Starlet, but if I had to choose my least favorite character it would be Rachel Rush.  The problem is I can't exactly tell you why I don't like her, she just doesn't seem interesting to me.

Diary questions:

I know that some of the new characters we see in Starlet are from prediction winners, but I was wondering.  Do you let TEW create characters than make renders for them, or do you create the renders first before making a character in TEW?

I think you hit upon of few of my favourites to do the write-ups for. Whiskey Black was an early favourite of mine too and I greatly enjoyed being able to subvert expectations by giving her a meaningful run in the Grand title tournament. Kelly Kanzaki hasn't really had any down time in relation to storylines as she has continually transitioned from one major angle to another. Now I know that sounds like an obvious thing to say but in all wrestling promotions (real or fictional) there are moments where some workers are somewhat treading water between big angles. One thing I do try and make a point of (and I hope this is conveyed in my writing) is that every match has some level of importance attached to it. Without it, the writing for such can become quite difficult as you could imagine, not having a defined end goal as it were.

In answer to your question, no, outside of the contest winners (Marinette, Mahuika, Super Tiger and two others yet to debut) all of the characters are created by myself. In terms of the creative process itself it can vary depending on my mood. Sometimes I create a render and a character comes to mind. Other times it is the inverse. I have a LOT of renders awaiting characters but don't want to flood the promotion. Getting the balance is important. For example, the early shows featured a number of joshi imports. Whilst some have since returned, a number of these characters were written out of the storylines and you will see the same with the luchadoras. When I think it makes sense, some will return, others may not. I guess that is a big part of the fun of it all.

17 hours ago, SomeLazyMagic said:

I'm with KyTeran on Whiskey Black, Annie Bolton, Lottie Deville & Kelly Kanzaki for all the same reasons. You made their stories feel so personal and fun to follow along for the endings, as well as keeping me going, "Well what happens next with them??"

Malice is a favorite because most mods don't have a mauler like her around, and even if they do they tend to be more bulky than muscular, so she's just a fun standout to me.

Mahuika isn't necessarily a favorite, but I like seeing what you do with her because I've used her render in my personal games to bulk up the women's wrestling scene in C-Verse 97 as a completely different identity. There's some fun compare and contrast going on for me whenever she's on the card.

I wouldn't say I dislike any characters really, but Project SMILE just doesn't hook me in despite how different they are compared to the rest of the roster. The renders are fantastic however, and I loved Homicide's stalking of Charlize at the start of the game.

Also! I appreciate your self-awareness on the potential limits being out of RW or CV universes can bring, but I don't think you have to worry about it alienating anyone from the diary with how well you've done with introducing the world through Starlet. Hell, Liberty Austin feels like such a big deal despite not even knowing where she came from exactly, and Akikio's return gave me such a big smile during the Battle Bowl because of the way you built her and the other Joshi crew up over the first few months in-game.

Project S.M.I.L.E, I must admit, became a marriage of convenience. Harley felt like such a force in the early Chapters that when her story with Charlize was at an end I caught myself in a spot where I suddenly thought "ah, where can she go from here". Likewise with Marinette, she was the first character submitted by a contest winner so was in some ways "forced upon me", although I do not mean it in a negative way like it will read. Once her initial feud with GG ran its course it just happened to coincide with Harley being at a bit of a loose end and to me, it made sense to pair them up. It worked out though in the end as I feel I have been able to position them as viable threats to the tag team titles. Interestingly and perhaps surprisingly, one of Marinette's first promos was one of my absolute favourites to write.

I think Starlet being in its own paradigm gives as much as it takes. From the creative standpoint, the sheer volume of options at my disposal is vast. To tease somewhat, the world itself has little in terms of cannon that I have drip fed throughout the Chapters. White Fox Wrestling being one, USAPW and Chaos being two others. Maybe, just maybe we will see the odd standalone show from other promotions to open up the world further which I think could be fun for all. Time will tell. As I mentioned, the activity in the thread was never going to be high which is understandable. I just hope that the body of work will eventually speak for itself, in terms of longevity and (I hope) quality and who knows, maybe others will join us along for the journey.

This was a fun discussion. Really useful for me to see what you all think of various aspects of the promotion and I may encourage further topics intermittently.

• Like 2

Submission Match
Dallas Fox vs Ella Frost
Rachel Rush vs Malice

Akikio Ishizaki vs Painmaker
Falls Count Anywhere
Lights Out Match

Edited by SuperFresh

Prediction Results

KyTeran: 6/8
smw88: 3/8
SuperFresh: 6/8
SomeLazyMagic: 3/8

Congratulations to the co-winners of the Chapter 30 round of predictions  KyTeran and SuperFresh who both scored a very impressive 6/8 on the night. Unfortunately due to my minor mishap on the prediction key, SomeLazyMagic unfortunately did not update their predictions prior to the show being posted so was at a slight disadvantage. The overall standings remain unchanged but I expect over time we will see the latest joiner to the prediction contests gradually make the climb, although the top three will still take some catching up. With one show remaining in the period of five, KyTeran has once again marked themselves as the person to beat with a two point lead going into Chapter 31.

Chapter 30 felt like a monumental show to me so I hope I was able to translate this into the writing and that it was, if nothing else, a fun read for you all.

1st: KyTeran = 145              (Currrent Period of 5) = 18

2nd: SuperFresh = 113         (Current Period of 5) = 16     

3rd: smw88 = 86                 (Current Period of 5) = 14             

Rhysrob = 33 

Herrbear = 29

Dawn = 14   

SomeLazyMagic = 7            (Current Period of 5) = 7           

Markw = 3

12 hours ago, LoNdOn said:

Chapter 30 felt like a monumental show to me so I hope I was able to translate this into the writing and that it was, if nothing else, a fun read for you all.

Chapter 30 certainly felt like a monumental show.  Big storylines felt like they got proper conclusions while potential matches for future shows have been teased and hinted at.  Looking forward to seeing how Liberty Austin's reign as Grand champion goes as we close the chapter on Charlize's.  The first champion has fallen and a new dawn shall rise in Starlet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that the 10th, 20th and 30th shows have all felt relatively big for one reason or another. I must be subconsciously building to that landmark each time which is interesting as I don't believe it was something I was overtly attempting to do. That isn't to say that there haven't been other "big" shows during the history of the promotion and I wouldn't want it to become formulaic so I expect this may change as we develop further.

The more I think about  it, the more intrigued I am by the possibilities of showcasing one-off events from other promotions. I have a few ideas that I have been percolating around the old dome so it would be good to get thoughts from you all as to whether that would be of interest to you or not and if there was anything specifically that you would want to see/understand further. 

• Like 1

Honestly I think the subconscious builds have been pretty fun so far and natural feeling. I didn't even notice the pattern myself until it was pointed out, and even then with how easy it is to get sucked in, I'm sure I'll probably forget about the pattern while reading anyways until the next one lol.

Regarding the world around Starlet, I personally would love to see events from other promotions and some lore too if possible of said promotions and some of your stars as well if they've got enough history in them. Whenever I play mods within their own universes (Thunderverse, Cornellverse, etc) I always like seeing where in history promotions & their products seem to be. Like for example, there's usually a dedicated Sports Entertainment company in America, but different mods might have its product set in different places depending on time period, lore, or just function with the rest of the world.

• Like 1

image host

Prediction Key
Mischa Brooks vs Lexi Scott
Super Tiger w/Misty Lake vs Dana Lynn w/Deonna Deen
Irish Blaze vs Hiroko Mori and Hotaru Goda
Dallas Fox vs Paris Priest
Team 720 vs BlackThorn
Krissy Kanzaki vs GEISHA w/Killshot Ayama
Imogen Adams & Minami Koi (c) vs Better Than You
Liberty Austin (c) vs Charlize

14 hours ago, SomeLazyMagic said:

Honestly I think the subconscious builds have been pretty fun so far and natural feeling. I didn't even notice the pattern myself until it was pointed out, and even then with how easy it is to get sucked in, I'm sure I'll probably forget about the pattern while reading anyways until the next one lol.

Regarding the world around Starlet, I personally would love to see events from other promotions and some lore too if possible of said promotions and some of your stars as well if they've got enough history in them. Whenever I play mods within their own universes (Thunderverse, Cornellverse, etc) I always like seeing where in history promotions & their products seem to be. Like for example, there's usually a dedicated Sports Entertainment company in America, but different mods might have its product set in different places depending on time period, lore, or just function with the rest of the world.

Thanks, here's to hoping you do indeed forget the unintentional build to big shows (and the same for me)! :p

I have a couple of ideas of specific events from other promotions that I can do write-ups for going forward and depending on how well they are received, I could add further events from those promotions or even expand further into the wider world. Starlet will continue to be the primary focus but I think this could present an interesting opportunity that I don't believe has been done on these forums before. With that being said, there are a number of renders I would need to put together to make this feasible and whilst that isn't a problem for me, it is also not a quick task so it may well take a bit of time before we get there. The promotions that I would feature wouldn't just involve female performers either, there is one specifically that I think could be a very fun little excursion and would certainly be unlike anything I have attempted before. Obviously this would also require me to make the most renders in order to showcase but it is something that I look forward to tackling in the future.

• Like 1

Mischa Brooks vs Lexi Scott
Super Tiger w/Misty Lake vs Dana Lynn w/Deonna Deen
Irish Blaze vs Hiroko Mori and Hotaru Goda
Dallas Fox vs Paris Priest
Team 720 vs BlackThorn
Krissy Kanzaki vs GEISHA w/Killshot Ayama
Imogen Adams & Minami Koi (c) vs Better Than You
Liberty Austin (c) vs Charlize

• Like 1