Seem to be having a difficult time getting WCW to sell in a real world mod. They're balance is presently at -$20m, and been going down every month - it's been about 2 now but no dice.

Does anyone have a quickfire way to get them to sell? Is there something I can change in the editor - via owner, or organization that'll hurry it along? Or change relationship between my character and the owner? Alternatively, even a remote access cheat code that can do something?

Let me know if anyone knows what factors go into account when the game calculates when to sell and when not to.

Seem to be having a difficult time getting WCW to sell in a real world mod. They're balance is presently at -$20m, and been going down every month - it's been about 2 now but no dice.

Does anyone have a quickfire way to get them to sell? Is there something I can change in the editor - via owner, or organization that'll hurry it along? Or change relationship between my character and the owner? Alternatively, even a remote access cheat code that can do something?

Let me know if anyone knows what factors go into account when the game calculates when to sell and when not to.

No, a company like WCW is going to be able to go at least six months in the negative.

You could try changing the owner's pact setting to open, but still, WCW had been around for awhile so they have a lot of wiggle room before going out of business

I really hope in next installment of game a User can manually close a company or set a narrative that company is for sale. Would love to see more turnover of ownership. Nothing too insane but look at the way TNA/Impact changed "bookers" in the 2010's & how that caused changes.

If WCW is owned by Turner in your save, it may have something to do with that. Not sure how a broadcasting company ownership works. Something you might check (and this is a shot in the dark), is take note of whoever the owner of WCW is. Then go to the editor and open him up. There may be something in the attributes that make him not want to sell or give up yet. Just guessing on that but could be worth looking into.

• 3 weeks later...
If you want to use the editor to take them over what you can do, is set their pop to 0 in every region. Wait 1 day and then it should allow you to take them over, then once you do a 'takeover' if you decide to keep them around you can manually up the pop again. Thats what i've done in the past to cheat around it if you really want to speed it up.

I really hope in next installment of game a User can manually close a company or set a narrative that company is for sale. Would love to see more turnover of ownership. Nothing too insane but look at the way TNA/Impact changed "bookers" in the 2010's & how that caused changes.

If you want to close down a company, add a new player as the owner of that company. Then, go to the companies screen, click contact and then choose close down.

You have to make sure you close down the child company, before, though.

If you want to close down a company, add a new player as the owner of that company. Then, go to the companies screen, click contact and then choose close down.

You have to make sure you close down the child company, before, though.

I did not know this, can be really useful. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...