Side control subs?

A little late to report this, but after editing the match engine I became conscious of the fact that the side control position has submissions available. Supposedly, there's both the arm triangle and the armbar. Somehow I forgot these existed over the years. :p

I personally have never even seen this happen once (on the default match engine). I'm most likely one of the people here who've played the game the most, and I've literaly watched thousands of fights. Never seen an attempt. This doesn't make sense. Rousey went for it in nearly every match she won so it can't be so hard to trigger.

I simmed dozens of matches with both submissions set to +99%, which should make the fighters more likely to do these. This effectively works, because you can do it with the arm triangle from mount, which is very, very rare in the game as the fighters are much more likely to go for an armbar or, obviously, strikes. After the edit, fighters will effectively perform the move sometimes. This mod doesn't work with the side control submissions, though, and fighters will always go for strikes or the move to mount. If you turn strikes off and edit the "mount pass" to -99%, they will still always go for the (now quite impossible) mount.

This leads me to believe the position is bugged out. There are very rare submissions like the exotic ones who are capped (through the submissions stat). Before I report this as a bug, I gotta ask if someone ever saw attempts to these 2 particular submissions.

On this topic, it's also true that the move from side control to crucifix, which is also an option, is much rarer than in reality. I've seen the likes of Garner use it once or twice (ever), and only on a bum-level opponent. This should also be buffed a little imo.

Funny note: with the above settings (move to mount -99%), it's almost impossible for submission fighters to get the finish as it's very hard to get the back this way. Mount itself is impossible to get, and the move to mount very often results in taking the back. So it's all down to scrambling skill and hope to get the sprawl or back that way.

A little late to report this, but after editing the match engine I became conscious of the fact that the side control position has submissions available. Supposedly, there's both the arm triangle and the armbar. Somehow I forgot these existed over the years. :p

I personally have never even seen this happen once (on the default match engine). I'm most likely one of the people here who've played the game the most, and I've literaly watched thousands of fights. Never seen an attempt. This doesn't make sense. Rousey went for it in nearly every match she won so it can't be so hard to trigger.

I simmed dozens of matches with both submissions set to +99%, which should make the fighters more likely to do these. This effectively works, because you can do it with the arm triangle from mount, which is very, very rare in the game as the fighters are much more likely to go for an armbar or, obviously, strikes. After the edit, fighters will effectively perform the move sometimes. This mod doesn't work with the side control submissions, though, and fighters will always go for strikes or the move to mount. If you turn strikes off and edit the "mount pass" to -99%, they will still always go for the (now quite impossible) mount.

This leads me to believe the position is bugged out. There are very rare submissions like the exotic ones who are capped (through the submissions stat). Before I report this as a bug, I gotta ask if someone ever saw attempts to these 2 particular submissions.

On this topic, it's also true that the move from side control to crucifix, which is also an option, is much rarer than in reality. I've seen the likes of Garner use it once or twice (ever), and only on a bum-level opponent. This should also be buffed a little imo.

Funny note: with the above settings (move to mount -99%), it's almost impossible for submission fighters to get the finish as it's very hard to get the back this way. Mount itself is impossible to get, and the move to mount very often results in taking the back. So it's all down to scrambling skill and hope to get the sprawl or back that way.

There are seven submissions from that position - americana, arm triangle, kneebar, armbar, kimura, d'arce and von flue - all of which are possible.

I just tested it by running Adenor Togni vs Benny Danare repeatedly and it only took four matches to get an arm triangle attempt (and a kimura finish from side control), so no, there's definitely no errors. (And all the other submissions except d'arce and von flue could have been selected, the last two were only disabled because Danare doesn't have the minimum skill needed to attempt either.)

Thanks for looking into that so quickly. This is extremely weird. But I think I found the error.

Can you look into the option that somehow these are being included in the "leglock toggle"? I have that on since forever. I thought it was purely for leglocks.

I replicated your test and indeed on the 3th/4th attempt I got the kimura finish. However: Danare is a kimura master so that wouldn't have mattered for the toggle.

After turning the toggle off, the arm triangle pops up as normal. Sorry for not picking that up earlier. I had no idea there were submissions from side control. :p