The League, Redux: Seasons 8 and Beyond Game Thread

Tonight is the initial round of edits, and I intend to finish any new GMPC movesets for Omega tonight as well. I have at least one entire week (possibly two) off from work coming up and any time not playing FF7 Rebirth I intend to be using doing Omega Division stuff.

As if that’s not enough, my brain is also trying to work overtime in developing a “new” version of The League for my private use, using only GMPCs from this thread and a few new additions. Some of the ideas my traitorous mind has thought up include expanding the main roster to 48 people, either 4x12 or 3x16; a total reworking of XP, OVR, and SPR gains to be a bit more scaled back over the long term; implementing stat limits based on character size (a very small person shouldn’t have 900 strength, etc.) and changing the XP scaling to per stat instead of by total stat count; and the biggest change being to abolish the “only trademark finishers allowed” rule and just allow the game to auto-generate movesets throughout, which is the largest headache I have in running this thread as it presently exists. (The second biggest is getting the spreadsheet to accurately display everything in the Roster Post back on page 1 of this thread!)

As we’re already four seasons deep in this thread none of those changes will be making it to The League proper any time soon/at all. This would be for a sort of “reboot” or sequel to The League if I ever let it go public beyond what I’ve posted here. All of the above is still in conceptual stages; I haven’t even begun trying to convert my Frankenstein-esque spreadsheet into one for this project.

So…if anyone was wondering what my brain is doing when I am supposed to be working…there ya go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowedFlames said:

the biggest change being to abolish the “only trademark finishers allowed” rule and just allow the game to auto-generate movesets throughout, which is the largest headache I have in running this thread as it presently exists.

Are you manually removing finishers from generated movesets?

What I did when I created a new database for my own League-type project (which I've been too busy to do anything with) is remove all the Finishers from the Moves category in the database. When I add a new worker, I auto-generate their moveset, then import whatever Finishers they need from the default database (renaming and trademarking as necessary).

Apologies if you're already doing that and I'm telling you stuff you already know.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Croquemitaine said:

Are you manually removing finishers from generated movesets?

Yes. The base DB is a copy of the vanilla C-Verse. I kept finishers in for ease of copying moves for trademarks (I’ll be damned if I was remaking the Maple Leaf Meltdown from scratch when I could simply copy Super Kick and change a few things). To me, it’s much easier to go about it that way with copying vs. importing. Plus it helps me for researching changes to rules a bit easier instead of switching between two databases constantly.

Edited by ShadowedFlames

spacer.png

Points Rankings: The League - Season 11 Week 8

spacer.png

Cro's Thoughts:

- Now that there's a matured points sample base in play, big weekly moves are relatively rare, and are often misleading when they do happen. Nonetheless, Jean-Paul Ouilette has definitely made the move of the week. Or was that the... *MOVE OF THE WEEK: brought to you by MEGAWOW! Energy Drink!!!

- The Mastodon finally relinquishes the #4 spot, and may go into a freefall if he doesn't pick things up.

- Des'iree Mitchell has stopped the bleeding, but has yet to close the wound.

- Nocturne and Diamond seem to be joined at the hip this season. They've been trading spots continually and I expect that to continue this week.

• Like 3

WEEK NINE CARD

The * in each pairing denotes the winner of the previous match this season

ALPHA DIVISION

CAGE MATCH: (1) Nuclear Templeton (7-1, OVR 561)* vs. (2) George Mastachas (6-2, OVR 550)

- The money match! I'm still all-in on Nuke.

(5) Brian Blackfield (3-5, OVR 577) vs. (4) Brandy McDonald (4-4, OVR 536)*

- Always weird betting against the Juggernaut, but Brandy beat him before, she can do it again.

(3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-3, OVR 540)* vs. (7) The Mastodon (2-6, OVR 535)

- JPO has proved he can hang. Now he needs to prove he can thrive.

(8) De'siree Mitchell (2-6, OVR 512) vs. (6) Mel O'Hallister (3-5, OVR 542)*

- Great opportunity for Mitchell to get back on track with an opponent she's dominated in the past.

BETA DIVISION

(4) Christian Priest (5-3, OVR 594)* vs. (7) Blood River (1-7, OVR 508)

- Time for Priest to definitively put himself back in the promotion picture.

TABLES MATCH: (2) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-2, OVR 533) vs. (3) Reverend Johnny Gross (5-3, OVR 526)*

- I think Yoshii's momentum has stalled.

(1) Lucas Molina (7-1, OVR 506) vs. (5) Billy Norris (4-4, OVR 527)*

- Billy may make a match of it, but the Molina Train is gathering steam.

LAST ONE STANDING MATCH: (6) Pulsar (3-5, OVR 495) vs. (8) Angela Wassermann (1-7, OVR 482)*

- Career trend continues?

GAMMA DIVISION

(1) Monty Dhillon (8-0, OVR 551)* vs. (6) Markus Clay (3-5, OVR 491)

- It's Hammer Time!

(3) Kichi Hida (5-3, OVR 482)* vs. (2) Diego Rodriguez (6-2, OVR 532)

- I'm betting last week was a blip and not a warning sign.

(5) Indigo Rose (3-5, OVR 504) vs. (4) Big Scott Weathers (4-4, OVR 507)*

- Is Indigo back on form? Let's find out!

(7) Lance Heartilly (2-6, OVR 455)* vs. (8) Terrance Stevens (1-7, OVR 491)

- Both struggling, but in the long run, one of these careers is on the way up and the other is on the way out.

DELTA DIVISION

FIRST BLOOD MATCH: (7) Mickey Steele (3-5, OVR 417) vs. (3) Diamond (5-3, OVR 499)*

- Total homer pick

TABLES MATCH: (6) Scott Stevens (3-5, OVR 433) vs. (1) Nocturne (6-2, OVR 452)*

- Match type almost made me flip this. Nocturne is winless in specialty matches.

(5) Sterling Silver (4-4, OVR 462)* vs. (4) Leon de Ramos (5-3, OVR 424)

- Stock market says Silver is gaining!

(8) George Stevens (1-7, OVR 408)* vs. (2) Rock Sheridan (5-3, OVR 423)

- Rock evens the season series

• Like 1

Through the first bit of work this week. 13 out of 16 matches can be, and have been, run.

The clubhouse leader for MOTN comes from the lower half of The League, a four-star match that I’m not quite sure how it got to that status. I think Maven Deltzer is ill or something and his body double Raven Deltmez is running things this week, judging by some of the match ratings I saw tonight.

WEEK NINE CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

CAGE MATCH: (1) Nuclear Templeton (7-1, OVR 561)* vs. (2) George Mastachas (6-2, OVR 550) [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 4 - 3]

(5) Brian Blackfield (3-5, OVR 577) vs. (4) Brandy McDonald (4-4, OVR 536)* [Career: Brandy McDonald, 1 - 0]

(3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-3, OVR 540)* vs. (7) The Mastodon (2-6, OVR 535) [Career: Jean-Paul Ouilette, 1 - 0]

(8) De'siree Mitchell (2-6, OVR 512) vs. (6) Mel O'Hallister (3-5, OVR 542)* [Career: De'siree Mitchell, 4 - 1]

BETA DIVISION

(4) Christian Priest (5-3, OVR 594)* vs. (7) Blood River (1-7, OVR 508) [Career: Christian Priest, 1 - 0]

TABLES MATCH: (2) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-2, OVR 533) vs. (3) Reverend Johnny Gross (5-3, OVR 526)* [Career: Reverend Johnny Gross, 1 - 0]

(1) Lucas Molina (7-1, OVR 506) vs. (5) Billy Norris (4-4, OVR 527)* [Career: Billy Norris, 1 - 0]

LAST ONE STANDING MATCH: (6) Pulsar (3-5, OVR 495) vs. (8) Angela Wassermann (1-7, OVR 482)* [Career: Angela Wassermann, 3 - 0]

GAMMA DIVISION

(1) Monty Dhillon (8-0, OVR 551)* vs. (6) Markus Clay (3-5, OVR 491) [Career: Monty Dhillon, 1 - 0]

(3) Kichi Hida (5-3, OVR 482)* vs. (2) Diego Rodriguez (6-2, OVR 532) [Career: Kichi Hida, 1 - 0]

(5) Indigo Rose (3-5, OVR 504) vs. (4) Big Scott Weathers (4-4, OVR 507)* [Career: Big Scott Weathers, 1 - 0]

(7) Lance Heartilly (2-6, OVR 455)* vs. (8) Terrance Stevens (1-7, OVR 491) [Career: Lance Heartilly, 1 - 0]

DELTA DIVISION

FIRST BLOOD MATCH: (7) Mickey Steele (3-5, OVR 417) vs. (3) Diamond (5-3, OVR 499)* [Career: Diamond, 1 - 0]

TABLES MATCH: (6) Scott Stevens (3-5, OVR 433) vs. (1) Nocturne (6-2, OVR 452)* [Career: Nocturne, 2 - 1]

(5) Sterling Silver (4-4, OVR 462)* vs. (4) Leon de Ramos (5-3, OVR 424) [Career: Sterling Silver, 1 - 0]

(8) George Stevens (1-7, OVR 408)* vs. (2) Rock Sheridan (5-3, OVR 423) [Career: George Stevens, 1 - 0]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US!

• Like 1

Continuing to work on this revised “private” League idea while I wait until tomorrow morning to run the remaining three matches, and it already appears to be a good thing that The League proper doesn’t have upper stat limits and is scaled by total stat points, not individually.

Going by GMPCs alone, De’siree (striking), Mastachas (grappling), O’Hallister (grappling AND ground), Pulsar (speed), Sin (grappling), and The Siberian Nightmare (grappling) would technically be illegal as their current stats are above the base maximums allowed for their size/style.

Plus folks like Mastodon, Diego, and Rose would be around 200,000 XP in debt with their 1000-point stats… 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

THE LEAGUE: SEASON ELEVEN, WEEK NINE

DELTA DIVISION

fTtB0pK.jpg UOpfoyB.jpg (8) George Stevens (1-7, OVR 408)*

vs.

(Favorite, 56.99%) (2) Rock Sheridan (5-3, OVR 423) 5vWV1hg.jpg

Bob Sinclair: Good evening, ladies, gentlemen, and everyone outside the binary! It’s Week Nine, and time is starting to run out for some title contenders, while for others the fight to escape relegation becomes even more desperate!

Frankie Garnett: Bob, I have a question.

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, we’re not even through the intro yet!

Frankie Garnett: It’s about the intro, though.

Bob Sinclair: …proceed.

Frankie Garnett: Honest question here, no sass. Why do you open every show with that line about the binary?

Bob Sinclair: The League’s all-inclusive, Frankie. Men, women, folks who identify as either one, as neither of them, or some other classification.

Frankie Garnett: Ah. Was just wondering, it’s been bugging me for a season and a half now and I wanted some answers.

Bob Sinclair: Meanwhile, our opening match is just about to get underway, down in the Delta Division!

(00:04) George hit an Eye Poke

(00:18) George applied a Front Facelock

(00:22) George hit a Slap To Chest

(00:29) Sheridan avoided an Eye Poke.

(00:36) Sheridan hit a Toss To Corner

(00:45) George very easily avoided a Corner Slap To Chest.

(00:52) George hit a Corner Open Handed Chop

(00:57) Sheridan blocked a Corner Ten Punch

(01:02) Sheridan blocked a Corner Forearm Blow

(01:06) Sheridan hit a Slap To Chest

(01:06) George shrugged off the blow

(01:10) George hit an Eye Poke

(01:10) The referee warned George

(01:24) George applied a Side Headlock

(01:28) Sheridan blocked a Knee Plant

(01:35) George hit a Running Forearm Blow

(01:45) Sheridan avoided a Seated Back Kick.

(01:51) Sheridan hit a Clubbing Blow

(01:58) Sheridan hit a Toss To Corner

(02:16) Sheridan hit a Corner Stomp Flurry

(02:25) Sheridan picked up George from behind

(02:30) George slipped out the front of a Full Nelson Bomb

Frankie Garnett: That might have been a blessing in disguise, Bob. If Rock had hit that, there might not have been a ring left!

Bob Sinclair: I’m certain the ring’s been properly reinforced, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: Bob, do you see the size of those men? Reinforced or not, the ring would have been hurting after something like that!

(02:34) George hit an Eye Poke

(02:38) Sheridan broke a Knee Plant

(02:42) George blocked a Knee Plant

(02:52) Sheridan hit an Inverted Atomic Drop

(02:56) George blocked a Stomp To Groin

(03:04) Sheridan hit a Double Axe Handle Smash

(03:12) Sheridan picked up George

(03:19) Sheridan hit a Running Forearm Blow

(03:23) Sheridan hit a Stomp

(03:30) Sheridan used a Face Rub Taunt

(03:38) Sheridan hit a Double Axe Handle Smash

(03:42) Sheridan hit a Running Knee Drop

(03:59) Sheridan hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry

(04:04) George fought back against being picked up

(04:09) Sheridan slipped out of the back of a Hammerlock

(04:13) George broke a Backbreaker

(04:27) George applied a Front Facelock

(04:30) George hit a Handshake Kick To Gut

(04:38) George applied a Hammerlock

(04:42) George hit a Forearm To Back

(04:50) George applied a Hammerlock

(04:56) George hit a Blindside High Knee

(05:20) George almost got a count out

Bob Sinclair: Stevens knew that wasn’t going to be enough, but the respite gives him a chance to talk strategy with his father at ringside.

Frankie Garnett: Not sure that’s necessary, Bob. George Stevens is the only blemish on Rock’s record so far, so he’s doing something right that no one else in the Delta Division has done!

(05:24) Sheridan blocked a Samoan Drop

(05:31) George hit a Knee Plant

(05:37) George hit a Roundhouse Body Punch

(05:47) George hit a Samoan Drop

(05:55) George picked up Sheridan

(06:01) George hit a Begging Off Low Blow

(06:01) The referee gave George a serious telling off

(06:06) Sheridan stopped a Get Up Taunt by rushing George

(06:22) Sheridan hit a Gorilla Press Slam

(06:31) Sheridan picked up George

(06:38) Sheridan hit a Toss To Corner

(06:45) Sheridan hit a Turnbuckle Smash

(06:53) Sheridan picked up George

(06:57) George countered a Welcome to Tacoma with a Knife Edge Chop

(07:12) George hit a Stomp Flurry

(07:16) George hit a Leaping Elbow Drop

(07:30) George used a Get Up Taunt

(07:46) That chokeslam goes to prove that Everything is Bigger in Texas!

Frankie Garnett: Bob, I’m telling you, I don’t think the ring’s ready for this one! I swear I saw the ring post wiggle a bit on that impact!

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, I think you’re over-reacting. I’m looking at the same thing you are and I didn’t see anything move.

(07:50) Sheridan fought back against being picked up

(08:16) Sheridan applied an Over Shoulder Backbreaker Hold

(08:30) Sheridan irish whipped George into the corner

(08:42) Sheridan hit a Corner Slap To Chest

(08:49) Sheridan hit a Turnbuckle Smash

(08:55) What a spinning backfist! George Stevens, Welcome to Tacoma!

(09:05) Cary Stevens distracted Sheridan to prevent a Press Slam

(09:05) The referee sent Cary Stevens back to the locker room

(09:17) George hit a Powerbomb

(09:22) Sheridan fought back against being picked up

(09:32) Sheridan hit a Backbreaker

(09:47) Sheridan hit a Stomp Flurry

(09:57) Sheridan picked up George

(10:01) George blocked a Press Powerslam

(10:05) George countered a Welcome to Tacoma with a Slap To Chest

(10:09) Sheridan countered a Hammerlock Powerbomb with a Slap To Chest

(10:25) Sheridan hit a Gorilla Press Slam

(10:35) Sheridan picked up George

(10:41) George avoided a Grit City Lariat.

(10:48) George hit a Side Headlock Takedown

(11:07) George applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(11:07) The referee angrily told off George

Bob Sinclair: The official is getting on the case of George Stevens, and rightly so, but the Texan doesn’t seem to care at all!

Frankie Garnett: A great philosopher of our time was once quoted as saying “win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.” I’m fairly certain that that person stole that line from Cary Stevens, if the way his sons wrestle is any indication.

(11:15) George hit a Stomp To Groin

(11:22) George hit a Snap Driving Elbow

(11:35) George hit a Posing Elbow Drop

(11:43) George picked up Sheridan

(11:51) Sheridan broke a Texas Size Slam by falling on top of George

(11:55) Sheridan got a two count

(12:01) What a spinning backfist! George Stevens, Welcome to Tacoma!

(12:07) Sheridan picked up George

(12:13) George countered a Grit City Lariat with a Roundhouse Body Punch

(12:29) That chokeslam goes to prove that Everything is Bigger in Texas!

(12:42) George used a Stalk Grounded Enemy

(12:46) Sheridan blocked a Texas Size Slam

(12:46) George irish whipped Sheridan into the corner

(12:58) Sheridan countered a Big Man Avalanche with a Knee Plant

(13:04) Sheridan picked up George

(13:10) What a spinning backfist! George Stevens, Welcome to Tacoma!

(13:15) George fought back against being picked up

(13:25) George hit a Spinning Elbow Blow

(13:29) George got a two count

(13:39) George Stevens just…used Rock Sheridan to break the entire ring?!

Bob Sinclair: What the hell?!

Frankie Garnett: I told you, Bob! I told you the ring wasn’t going to survive this!

Bob Sinclair: Stevens just delivered his Texas Size Slam to Sheridan, and the ring just…imploded, I guess! Both men are down, with Stevens still in a lateral press…wait, a second official has come in…one, two, three?! How can you count a pinfall when the mat isn’t even level?

Frankie Garnett: Does it matter, Bob? The official went and did it, and we have a winner in George Stevens!

Bob Sinclair: Something about this stinks, Frankie. Something just isn’t right about this whole thing…

George Stevens (2-7) def. Rock Sheridan (5-4) via Pinfall (Texas Size Slam) in 13:43.  Rating: ****

Changes for George Stevens:  OVR + 6.14, XP + 534.15, minor damage to head

Changes for Rock Sheridan:  OVR + 2.06, XP + 241.92, minor damage to head and body

This was the Match of the Night (2 [2 this season] for George Stevens, 1 [1 this season] for Rock Sheridan)

(And now for a quick behind-the-curtain chat...no, as far as I know WS3 does not have the ability to make the ring implode. As soon as I saw this match went to four stars, I immediately decided "if this ends up as MOTN, I'm adding that gimmick in to the write up." For the record, the actual line of commentary for George's finisher is "George Stevens just delivered a Texas Size Slam to DEFENDER FULL NAME."  Besides, one's a Super Heavyweight and the other is a Giant. Is it really that difficult to believe such a thing could actually happen?

Plus, the opening line of the intro was my go-to intro line in the rare instances I did commentary for Final Fantasy Randomizer race streams once upon an ago. It's still a line I stand behind to this day.

Anywho, back to the remainder of the show you paid zero dimes to come read...)

DELTA DIVISION

Nks15x0.jpg (5) Sterling Silver (4-4, OVR 462)* (Favorite, 51.46%)

vs.

(4) Leon de Ramos (5-3, OVR 424) zBWrwLg.jpg

Once again, the second match of the card would have the unenviable duty of following up the Match of the Night..well, after the fans were shifted to a different part of The Aerie to sit around one of the other two rings in the gym, anyway. To their credit, Silver and de Ramos made this competitive. To their detriment, neither could really push the match into MOTN contender status. Leon made good use of his technical skills to avoid a fair bit of Silver’s high speed offense, but the luchadora is nothing if not persistent. After thwarting de Ramos’s attempts at the Iberian Twist a handful of times, Silver finally connected with a springboard splash and that was enough to keep Leon down for three…and even then only barely. Silver completes the sweep on the season, and at least for the moment more importantly finds herself in fourth place in the Delta Division, safe for the moment from relegation back into Omega.

Sterling Silver (5-4) def. Leon de Ramos (5-4) via Pinfall (springboard splash) in 11:33.  Rating: **

Changes for Sterling Silver:  OVR + 3.58, XP + 485.54, minor damage to head

Changes for Leon de Ramos:  OVR + 0.41, XP + 121.39, minor damage to head

DELTA DIVISION TABLES MATCH

fTtB0pK.jpg fYy1oxq.jpg (6) Scott Stevens (3-5, OVR 433)

vs.

(Favorite, 60.06%) (1) Nocturne (6-2, OVR 452)* BEVGy0x.jpg

To those of you thinking Nocturne was in trouble here: you’re right. She only has one move in her arsenal that can break a table against Stevens (women’s DDT, Medium level), and it’s no good in this match since you need a High or Finisher level move to break a table. So it should come as no surprise really that Stevens managed to take just nine minutes exactly to end things, utilizing a sit-out spinebuster to do the trick. Door is open for Diamond now to move up in the rankings, though Nocturne will remain the division leader thanks to George Stevens’ sweep-clinching victory earlier in the show, and her current tiebreaker over Diamond.

Scott Stevens (4-5) def. Nocturne (6-3) via Table Break (sit-out spinebuster) in 9:00.  Rating: **

Changes for Scott Stevens:  OVR + 3.57, XP + 484.32, no notable damage

Changes for Nocturne:  OVR + 0.62, XP + 121.08, minor damage to head

DELTA DIVISION FIRST BLOOD MATCH

OndApuF.jpg vC6SXqZ.jpg (7) Mickey Steele (3-5, OVR 417)

vs.

(Favorite, 53.32%) (3) Diamond (5-3, OVR 499)* 0rDaDU8.jpg

This was a sprint, and just barely above a squash. Diamond got some offense in but tonight belonged to Steele. The former kickboxer was in his element here, unleashing his striking offense to stun Diamond with a Mickey Finn before a pair of knees to the forehead busted Diamond open the hard way. Steele gains a measure of revenge for the loss earlier this season, as the entire top half of the Delta Division is defeated this week. Who had that on their bingo cards?

Mickey Steele (4-5) def. Diamond (5-4) via First Blood (hard knee strike) in 4:26.  Rating: **

Changes for Mickey Steele:  OVR + 3.87, XP + 482.13, no notable damage

Changes for Diamond:  OVR + 0.79, XP + 120.53, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

9q89H6M.jpg (7) Lance Heartilly (2-6, OVR 455)* (Favorite, 56.11%)

vs.

(8) Terrance Stevens (1-7, OVR 491) 6r4P9L8.jpg

Terrance Stevens, who is nominally the face in this pairing, came out to a smattering of boos here after his actions at Tag Team Turmoil. The intensity of the rival between these two men turned this into a Match of the Night contender, and deservedly so. Both men had chances to end it somewhat early on, though both bypassed them in order to inflict more damage on each other. The action even spilled outside at one point, where a strike exchange was made and both men took it in turns to slam their opponent’s head into the ring apron. Back inside the ring, Stevens missed a Maple Leaf Meltdown thanks to a single leg trip from Heartilly, who then immediately applied his figure four in the center of the ring. Stevens did not have the fortitude to fight to the ropes and tapped in short order. While he has not clinched a relegation spot yet, it seems rather inevitable for Terrance Stevens at this point, as he is now guaranteed a losing season with his eighth loss of the season.

Lance Heartilly (3-6) def. Terrance Stevens (1-8) via Submission (Hellacious Leglock) in 16:01.  Rating: ***

Changes for Lance Heartilly:  OVR + 5.07, XP + 607.58, minor damage to head

Changes for Terrance Stevens:  OVR + 1.28, XP + 151.89, minor damage to head

BETA DIVISION LAST ONE STANDING MATCH

VfA2MW8.jpg (6) Pulsar (3-5, OVR 495) (Favorite, 60.30%)

vs.

(8) Angela Wassermann (1-7, OVR 482)* aOXlwtV.jpg

The clear runner-up for Match of the Night contendership, it was the only other match on the card that got a four-star rating. Wassermann made it a point early to target the head of Pulsar, busting him open with a hard knee about six minutes in and worsening the laceration with repeated strikes to the head over the next few minutes. Despite this, Pulsar gave back as good as he got, using his speed to keep Wassermann guessing where he was going to be. However, he zigged one time when he should have zagged, and whiffed on a springboard guillotina. Trying to get to his feet to attempt to salvage some offense, he walked right into a high spinning roundhouse kick from Wassermann that knocked him out cold. The ref didn’t need to make the count, but did anyway for the formality of it as Wassermann gets her second win of the season, both against the same opponent, and this one in rather decisive fashion!

Angela Wassermann (2-7) def. Pulsar (3-6) via Last One Standing (Wassermann Spinning Roundhouse Kick) in 13:06.  Rating: ****

Changes for Angela Wassermann:  OVR + 6.82, XP + 737.54, minor damage to head and body

Changes for Pulsar:  OVR + 2.41, XP + 184.38, moderate damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

2X2r9qf.jpg (5) Indigo Rose (3-5, OVR 504) (Favorite, 53.50%)

vs.

(4) Big Scott Weathers (4-4, OVR 507)* OOiJTFx.jpg

There wasn’t much chance that this match was going to live up to the expectations of the previous one, so it was no surprise that this turned out to be an average, competitive bout. Weathers took off to an early lead but could not finish the deal. Rose nearly gave it away a couple of times, but eventually the technician found the right combination to keep Weathers down long enough to apply her inverted STF. The submission happened moments later, and Rose earns another much-needed victory. While her chances of promotion are all but gone, solidifying a position in the middle of Gamma to ensure she avoids relegation is certainly within her reach.

Indigo Rose (4-5) def. Big Scott Weathers (4-5) via Submission (Vite d’Indaco) in 18:02.  Rating: **

Changes for Indigo Rose:  OVR + 3.90, XP + 561.95, minor damage to head

Changes for Big Scott Weathers:  OVR + 0.44, XP + 140.49, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

4ZAKk1I.jpg (3) Kichi Hida (5-3, OVR 482)*

vs.

(Favorite, 59.29%) (2) Diego Rodriguez (6-2, OVR 532) G4sbiHU.jpg

The key to a Hida victory here was to start off hot and not let Diego start to apply his technical knowledge. If anything, the complete opposite happened here. By the time Kichi even hit Bumper Kars, she had had to fend off a stump puller and a Prelude to Dissonance. Rodriguez was relentless in his offense, and Hida could only withstand a stump puller so many times before she finally had to give up to save her neck and legs for the remainder of the season. If there is any solace for Kichi, though, it is that should she manage to match Diego’s record, she holds the tie-breaker due to a faster victory time.

Diego Rodriguez (7-2) def. Kichi Hida (5-4) via Submission (stump puller) in 11:16.  Rating: **

Changes for Diego Rodriguez:  OVR + 3.56, XP + 558.22, no notable damage

Changes for Kichi Hida:  OVR + 0.40, XP + 139.55, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

T7PlxOP.jpg (8) De'siree Mitchell (2-6, OVR 512)

vs.

(Favorite, 57.14%) (6) Mel O'Hallister (3-5, OVR 542)* wSRPoAi.jpg

While competitive, this one lacked that extra oomph needed to push it into a Match of the Night contender. It didn’t help that by nine minutes in, it seemed like a foregone conclusion that Mitchell was winning this one, given the type of offense she was using compared to what O’Hallister was attempting. While Mel would eventually manage to attempt an Irish Clover (and fail terribly), Mitchell needed only a single attempt at the All Out Blitz to grab a victory, and in the process a critical tie-breaker over O’Hallister due to the faster victory!

De'siree Mitchell (3-6) def. Mel O'Hallister (3-6) via Pinfall (All Out Blitz) in 13:58.  Rating: **

Changes for De'siree Mitchell:  OVR + 3.70, XP + 730.06, minor damage to head

Changes for Mel O'Hallister:  OVR + 0.42, XP + 182.51, minor damage to head and body

BETA DIVISION

LG3TCXf.jpg (1) Lucas Molina (7-1, OVR 506) (Favorite, 53.86%)

vs.

(5) Billy Norris (4-4, OVR 527)* 6fYIC71.jpg

Realistically speaking, this was an eight-minute match. It only reached ten minutes because Molina essentially gave Norris a two-minute head start before attempting any offense. But once he did, Norris had no answer for it. One sequence of signature moves had Norris quickly eating a San Juan Buster…only to kick out at two. Molina decided there would be no more of that malarkey, and the Maunabo Crab was quickly applied, with Molina wrenching extra hard to ensure the tap out. The Beta Division leader does what he has to, and continues to keep his focus on reaching the Alpha Division next season.

Lucas Molina (8-1) def. Billy Norris (4-5) via Submission (Maunabo Crab) in 10:22.  Rating: ***

Changes for Lucas Molina:  OVR + 4.69, XP + 683.01, no notable damage

Changes for Billy Norris:  OVR + 1.18, XP + 170.75, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

vz0qqDp.jpg (1) Monty Dhillon (8-0, OVR 551)* (Favorite, 75.67%)

vs.

(6) Markus Clay (3-5, OVR 491) N0Y594C.jpg

This match was actually much closer than the match rating would have you believe. Yes, Monty dominated the opening five minutes. However, the next three minutes were all Clay, and right at the eight-mintue mark, Clay hit a slingshot moonsault that got a very long two. It seemed like the momentum was on Clay’s side…at least, until Dhillon hit a Livewire Lariat from out of left field and followed that with the Empire Bomb. Clay wasn’t getting up from that. After a bit of a minor scare, Dhillon moves to 9-0 as his quest for perfection continues!

Monty Dhillon (9-0) def. Markus Clay (3-6) via Pinfall (Empire Bomb) in 8:55.  Rating: **

Changes for Monty Dhillon:  OVR + 3.45, XP + 556.92, minor damage to head

Changes for Markus Clay:  OVR + 0.39, XP + 139.23, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

hYlEAC2.jpg p1IFTGG.jpg (3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-3, OVR 540)* (Favorite, 62.55%)

vs.

(7) The Mastodon (2-6, OVR 535) NSa1kkC.jpg

In their previous match, Ouilette scored a surprising win over Mastodon. The big man would not let that happen a second time, as he came out very aggressive at the bell and barely took his foot off the gas. If this match went another four minutes, Mastodon would have been desperately trying to get some oxygen in his lungs, but at twelve minutes, he still had enough in the tank to blast Ouilette with the lariat to gain a modicum of revenge in the rematch.

The Mastodon (3-6) def. Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-4) via Pinfall (Rampage) in 12:03.  Rating: **

Changes for The Mastodon:  OVR + 3.60, XP + 728.68, minor damage to head

Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette:  OVR + 0.41, XP + 182.17, minor damage to head

BETA DIVISION TABLES MATCH

xHVnvxD.jpg (2) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-2, OVR 533)

vs.

(Favorite, 71.86%) (3) Reverend Johnny Gross (5-3, OVR 526)* d7FEgH5.jpg

A sprint of a tables match, that was mostly (but not entirely) one-sided. The second star likely came from the action spilling to ringside, otherwise there wasn’t much to write home about here. Gross showed why he won the first match between the pair as he controlled Nakamatsu for the majority of the contest. By the time the match went outside, it seemed only an inevitability for the match to end. Sure enough, a powerbomb from the Right Reverend was enough to do the trick, and that quickly Gross finds himself trailing only Lucas Molina in the division!

Reverend Johnny Gross (6-3) def. Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-3) via Table Break (powerbomb) in 8:17.  Rating: **

Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross:  OVR + 3.53, XP + 629.17, no notable damage

Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu:  OVR + 0.61, XP + 157.29, minor damage to head

BETA DIVISION

MZ2VDcB.jpg YICOeYe.jpg (4) Christian Priest (5-3, OVR 594)* (Favorite, 78.21%)

vs.

(7) Blood River (1-7, OVR 508) hAfQcot.jpg VZFWcYa.jpg

A chance here for Priest to create a logjam for second place in the division; a win would make a three-way tie at 6-3. Granted, Rev. Gross would hold the tiebreaker with a 3-0 combined head-to-head, but that’s a scenario that Priest would accept as at least he’d be equal on record with the others. And while River put up enough of a fight to push this match into Match of the Night contendership, it wasn’t enough to overcome the determination of Priest. A powerbomb into Canonized was enough for Priest to make it a three-way tie at 6-3 for the second promotion spot in the Beta Division!

Christian Priest (6-3) def. Blood River (1-8) via Pinfall (Canonized) in 11:41.  Rating: ***

Changes for Christian Priest:  OVR + 4.78, XP + 683.90, minor damage to head

Changes for Blood River:  OVR + 1.21, XP + 170.97, minor damage to body

ALPHA DIVISION

Lp89uMT.jpg (5) Brian Blackfield (3-5, OVR 577) (Favorite, 57.07%)

vs.

(4) Brandy McDonald (4-4, OVR 536)* gGexPKo.jpg

This was another match that was closer than the match rating would lead one to think. Very much so on this occasion, as by fifteen minutes deep both wrestlers were at risk of trademark moves. It would be McDonald who found a spurt of energy, picking up the speed to stun Blackfield long enough to apply her bulldog choke. Blackfield was within an inch of the ropes before Brandy rolled them over and back to the center, and Blackfield tapped soon after. Ever since reaching the Alpha Division, The Juggernaut has shown signs of vulnerability; is he working through an injury that no one at all knew about before this season started that is affecting his in-ring ability?

Brandy McDonald (5-4) def. Brian Blackfield (3-6) via Submission (Hair of the Dog) in 17:58.  Rating: *

Changes for Brandy McDonald:  OVR + 2.60, XP + 671.86, no notable damage

Changes for Brian Blackfield:  OVR -0.43, XP + 167.96, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION CAGE MATCH

KufawJO.jpg FqeSGy6.jpg (1) Nuclear Templeton (7-1, OVR 561)* (Favorite, 61.57%)

vs.

(2) George Mastachas (6-2, OVR 550) FXyrc6C.jpg

Main event time, with control of the Alpha Division and the inside track to a League Championship at stake. For Nuclear, it’s simple—win, and have not only the outright lead but also own a tiebreaker over the man right behind you. Mastachas needed to win in under 14:52 to steal the tiebreaker from Nuclear. This ended up being the third-best match of the night, not only due to the stakes involved but also the way the match progressed. Nuclear controlled the opening half of the match, but try as he might he was unable to land the lariat or apply the choke to Mastachas, and the Greek would storm back, putting Nuclear on the back foot with the power game. However, Templeton is one of the stronger men in The League, and would eventually match Mastachas move-for-move in the power game. A Tactical Nuke led to the Armageddon Lariat, and Templeton kicked the door to the cage open, making the ref standing there flee to the opposite side of the ringside area as Templeton walked down the steps and reached the floor. With the win, The League Championship is Nuclear’s for the taking, as he essentially holds a three-match lead with five weeks remaining in the season!

Nuclear Templeton (8-1) def. George Mastachas (6-3) via Cage Escape (Armageddon Lariat) in 19:55.  Rating: ***

Changes for Nuclear Templeton:  OVR + 5.86, XP + 795.54, minor damage to head and body

Changes for George Mastachas:  OVR + 1.61, XP + 198.88, major damage to head, minor damage to body

/\/\/\/\/\/\

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK NINE

ALPHA DIVISION

1.  Nuclear Templeton:  8-1, ATV 17:33, (AMR 2.444), OVR 566.88

2.  George Mastachas:  6-3, ATV 14:40, (AMR 2.333), OVR 551.23

3.  Jean-Paul Ouilette:  5-4, ATV 19:12, (AMR 2.222), OVR 540.74

4.  Brandy McDonald:  5-4, ATV 16:03, (AMR 2.444), OVR 538.69

5.  Brian Blackfield:  3-6, ATV 17:43, (AMR 2.000), OVR 577.03

6.  Mel O'Hallister:  3-6, ATV 15:30, (AMR 2.667), OVR 542.27

7.  The Mastodon:  3-6, ATV 17:31, (AMR 2.667), OVR 538.64

8.  De'siree Mitchell:  3-6, ATV 13:37, (AMR 2.778), OVR 515.38

5-4 is broken by simple H2H.

3-6: Blackfield has beaten O’Hallister and Mastodon; O’Hallister has beaten Mastodon.

BETA DIVISION

1.  Lucas Molina:  8-1, ATV 13:19 (AMR 2.667), OVR 510.46

2.  Reverend Johnny Gross:  6-3, ATV 13:18 (AMR 2.444), OVR 529.15

3.  Yoshii Nakamatsu:  6-3, ATV 11:33 (AMR 2.111), OVR 533.20

4.  Christian Priest:  6-3, ATV 11:16 (AMR 2.556), OVR 598.71

5.  Billy Norris:  4-5, ATV 10:13 (AMR 2.556), OVR 527.88

6.  Pulsar:  3-6, ATV 8:44 (AMR 2.667), OVR 497.60

7.  Angela Wassermann:  2-7, ATV 11:30 (AMR 2.222), OVR 488.98

8.  Blood River:  1-8, ATV 10:39 (AMR 2.111), OVR 509.07

6-3: Gross has a combined 3-0 record against Nakamatsu (1-2) and Priest (0-2). Nakamatsu has beaten Priest for the remaining tie-breaker.

GAMMA DIVISION

1.  Monty Dhillon:  9-0, ATV 8:42, (AMR 2.000), OVR 554.84

2.  Diego Rodriguez:  7-2, ATV 10:48, (AMR 2.111), OVR 535.79

3.  Kichi Hida:  5-4, ATV 10:43, (AMR 2.222), OVR 482.88

4.  Big Scott Weathers:  4-5, ATV 11:40, (AMR 2.111), OVR 507.70

5.  Indigo Rose:  4-5, ATV 14:24, (AMR 2.000), OVR 507.93

6.  Markus Clay:  3-6, ATV 10:39, (AMR 2.222), OVR 491.88

7.  Lance Heartilly:  3-6, ATV 13:50, (AMR 2.111), OVR 460.13

8.  Terrance Stevens:  1-8, ATV 10:48, (AMR 2.333), OVR 492.70

4-5: determined by faster victory time, which goes to Weathers (14:18 vs. 18:02).

3-6: broken by simple H2H

DELTA DIVISION

1.  Nocturne:  6-3, ATV 10:42 (AMR 2.111), OVR 453.06

2.  Rock Sheridan:  5-4, ATV 10:10 (AMR 2.667), OVR 425.55

3.  Diamond:  5-4, ATV 9:38 (AMR 2.333), OVR 500.12

4.  Sterling Silver:  5-4, ATV 8:36 (AMR 2.111), OVR 465.94

5.  Leon de Ramos:  5-4, ATV 12:27 (AMR 2.444), OVR 424.04

6.  Scott Stevens:  4-5, ATV 8:10 (AMR 2.000), OVR 436.54

7.  Mickey Steele:  4-5, ATV 7:20 (AMR 2.444), OVR 420.60

8.  George Stevens:  2-7, ATV 10:35 (AMR 2.556), OVR 414.61

5-4: Sheridan wins the four-way tie due to best combined record (3-0 compared to Diamond 3-1, Silver 2-3, Leon 0-4). Diamond then wins the three-way tie due to best combined record (3-0 compared to Silver 2-2, Leon 0-3). Silver then wins simple H2H via season sweep for the third spot.

4-5: broken by simple H2H

PREDICTION STANDINGS

(Reminder: The official scores will have the lowest two weeks dropped at the end of the season, and are ranked below accordingly.)

1. Eternal Phoenix: 78 (Total Score: 96. This week: 10. Drop Weeks: 2 and 4 [8 / 10])

2. Croquemitaine: 75 (Total Score: 92. This week: 12. Drop Weeks: 1 and 4 [8 / 9])

3. Derek B: 70 (Total Score: 80. This week: 8. Drop Weeks: 1 and 2 [4 / 6])

4. SeanMcG: 62 (Total Score: 68. This week: 0. Drop Weeks: 9 and 1 [0 / 6])

5. Jman2k3: 56 (Total Score: 61. This week: 11. Drop Weeks: 6 and 1 [0 / 5])

WEEK TEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(5) Brian Blackfield (3-6, OVR 577) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (8-1, OVR 567)* [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 1 - 0]

(3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-4, OVR 541) vs. (2) George Mastachas (6-3, OVR 551)* [Career: George Mastachas, 1 - 0]

(6) Mel O'Hallister (3-6, OVR 542) vs. (4) Brandy McDonald (5-4, OVR 539)* [Career: Brandy McDonald, 3 - 2]

(8) De'siree Mitchell (3-6, OVR 515) vs. (7) The Mastodon (3-6, OVR 539)* [Career: The Mastodon, 5 - 2]

BETA DIVISION

(4) Christian Priest (6-3, OVR 599) vs. (3) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-3, OVR 533)* [Career: Yoshii Nakamatsu, 1 - 0]

(1) Lucas Molina (8-1, OVR 510)* vs. (2) Reverend Johnny Gross (6-3, OVR 529) [Career: Lucas Molina, 1 - 0]

(6) Pulsar (3-6, OVR 498)* vs. (5) Billy Norris (4-5, OVR 528) [Career: Pulsar, 2 - 1]

(7) Angela Wassermann (2-7, OVR 489) vs. (8) Blood River (1-8, OVR 509)* [Career: Blood River, 4 - 1]

GAMMA DIVISION

(1) Monty Dhillon (9-0, OVR 555)* vs. (2) Diego Rodriguez (7-2, OVR 536) [Career: Monty Dhillon, 1 - 0]

(3) Kichi Hida (5-4, OVR 483)* vs. (4) Big Scott Weathers (4-5, OVR 508) [Career: Kichi Hida, 1 - 0]

(6) Markus Clay (3-6, OVR 492) vs. (8) Terrance Stevens (1-8, OVR 493)* [Career: Markus Clay, 5 - 2]

(7) Lance Heartilly (3-6, OVR 460)* vs. (5) Indigo Rose (4-5, OVR 508) [Career: Lance Heartilly, 1 - 0]

DELTA DIVISION

(3) Diamond (5-4, OVR 500) vs. (6) Scott Stevens (4-5, OVR 437)* [Career: Scott Stevens, 1 - 0]

(4) Sterling Silver (5-4, OVR 466) vs. (2) Rock Sheridan (5-4, OVR 426)* [Career: Rock Sheridan, 1 - 0]

(8) George Stevens (2-7, OVR 415) vs. (1) Nocturne (6-3, OVR 453)* [Career: Nocturne, 1 - 0]

(7) Mickey Steele (4-5, OVR 421) vs. (5) Leon de Ramos (5-4, OVR 424)* [Career: Leon de Ramos, 1 - 0]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US! (A REMINDER TO THOSE OUTSIDE THE US, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS IS NOW IN EFFECT HERE SO THE EASTERN US IS TREATED AS UTC-4, NOT THE USUAL UTC-5. PLEASE CALIBRATE YOUR TIMEPIECES ACCORDINGLY!)

Edited by ShadowedFlames
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Week 9 Quick Thoughts (You thought there’d be a little factoid here, but it was me, Dio!)

Delta

George Stevens def. Rock Sheridan

Sterling Silver def. Leon de Ramos

Scott Stevens def. Nocturne

Mickey Steele def. Diamond

Gah, what a logjam for second. Tiebreakers may well settle the second promotion spot at this rate. Though with that said, Rock’s remaining schedule consists of people he’s already beaten. The rest of the 5-4 club can’t say that. So this is gonna be interesting going forward. Especially with Sterling making her push. What a story her season has been, eh?

Gamma

Lance Heartilly def. Terrance Stevens

Indigo Rose def. Big Scott Weathers

Diego Rodriguez def. Kichi Hida

Monty Dhillon def. Markus Clay

Kichi’s season is going like her matches. Hot start, not so hot finish. Monty vs. Diego next week settles the division title, so it’ll be up to Diego not to slip up after that and allow Kichi any openings. Rose is shoveling her way out of her initial hold. Promotion is impossible, but another win or two and she’s guaranteed to stick around for another season.

Beta

Angela Wasserman def. Pulsar

Lucas Molina def. Billy Norris

Reverend Johnny Gross def. Yoshii Nakamatsu

Christian Priest def. Blood River

Lucas is apparently unstoppable. I say apparently because rematches with Gross, Priest, and Nakamatsu are on the horizon. That loss put Yoshii in a bad spot, promotion wise. But Gross’s comeback is also an excellent story. Priest appears to be finding his feet, as well. The proof of that, however, awaits in the rematches with the three ranked above him. Gotta win, and win fast. That is very unlikely with Molina (European Rules, bay bee, nature of the beast), but with the other two he’s got a shot. Sorry, Billy. I knew from Week 1 this wasn’t your season. But take heart! You won’t get relegated!

Alpha

De’siree Mitchell def. Mel O’Hallister

The Mastodon def. Jean-Paul Ouilette

Brandy McDonald def. Brian Blackfield

Nuclear Templeton def. George Mastachas

The relegation field has gone from clear and obvious to absolute chaos. Gonna be a dog fight down there. Speaking of, three of those four have what I think is the same fundamental problem. They’re too small and lack strength. Blackfield, Mel, and De’siree don’t have the raw size and strength to consistently keep pace with big ass dudes who can shrug off their best blows and break out of their best moves. Blackfield additionally has never been in a division where damn near everyone has a submission finish and ain’t shy about using it, which is a reason Mastodon is slipping. A third issue is the length of Alpha’s matches can lead to three of them (Blackfield, Mel, and Mastodon) running out of gas. JPO and Brandy skate past these problem in different ways. JPO has a very good manager and his pinfall finish is done to a grounded opponent. It's dodged and being a strike, can't be powered out of. Useful. Brandy both starts fast and has the stamina to not fade in Alpha’s longer matches. And even with those advantages they’re clearly a step behind Nuke, Mastachas, and sometimes even Mastodon. I realize this wasn’t exactly a Quick Thought, but it’s been on my mind since about this time last season (while considering just how Blackfield might fit into Alpha) and it finally crystallized this week.

• Like 2

WEEK TEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

Nuclear Templeton

George Mastachas

Brandy McDonald

The Mastodon

BETA DIVISION

Yoshii Nakamatsu

Lucas Molina

Billy Norris

Blood River

GAMMA DIVISION

Monty Dhillon

Kichi Hida

Markus Clay

Indigo Rose

DELTA DIVISION

Scott Stevens

Rock Sheridan

George Stevens

Mickey Steele

• Like 1

spacer.png

Points Rankings: The League - Season 11 Week 9

spacer.png

Cro's Thoughts:

- MOVE OF THE WEEK! *brought to you by MegaWow!!! energy drink* goes to Lucas Molina. He's been on fire and it's starting to show in the rankings.

- There is more shuffling than usual this week, probably due to the number of upsets (or at least, lower-ranked wrestlers beating higher-ranked wrestlers). Other than Molina's rise, I'm not ready to declare any of these moves as "trends", although both Blackfield and Ouilette's drops may be "correctional", indicating that their respective places in the pecking order may be a little lower than previously imagined.

- The Season Eleven Championship is a two-horse race and the rankings reflect that.

- Personally, I think it's actually a one-horse race at this point, but we still gotta sell tickets, so yeah, Mastachas is still in it!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Day 1 of a (planned) two weeks off from work.

After a couple of hiccups with my master spreadsheet and final tweaking of movesets, Omega Division action has begun. 12 matches down, 264 to go… 🤣

If round 1 is anything similar to what’s going to happen, I think this season’s Omega results are going to be interesting even if no one manages to be promoted due to the impending returns of Daniel Simmons to Gamma and Erick Gibson to Delta, which is going to throw a wrench into the bottom two divisions’ changes this season. I’ll need to get to the end of this season and make the medical rolls for the roster to see the full effects but I’m already feeling like this is going to be a logistical nightmare for the Commish to tackle… 😛

EDIT TO ADD:  Quick summary after round 3 of 23.

Three wrestlers remain unbeaten. It should really be four as one person has had finishers kicked out of twice that has led to losses a few minutes later (this would be Joslin Baroni, for the record—she should be 3-0 but Jun Onoo and Kyler den Boen decided to no-sell the finishes…).

Two of the people introduced to Omega this season are in the 3-0 club. Three regulars to Omega are the lone inhabitants of the 0-3 club, with 9 people each having either 1 or 2 wins.

The current top four:

Nora Blackfield

Otto von Schwarz (!)

Rebecca Solomon

Jimmy Anarchy (!!)

PC wise, as mentioned before Joslin Baroni has been gypped by the engine and should be 3-0 instead of 1-2. “Dirty” John Murdoch sits at 2-1, but with the worst ATV of those tied at 2-1.

240 matches remain, which will be worked on in part tomorrow.

Edited by ShadowedFlames
  • Like 2

I am heading out to a blood drive shortly, figured I’d deliver another Omega update.

We are now a little over a third of the way through the schedule—8 rounds completed out of the 23. It took until round 8 for everyone to finally have at least one win; Lord Robert Abernathy was the last person to get a win and he had to best Selene Luneweaver to get it.

PC Updates:

”Dirty” John Murdoch has been doing well, sporting a 5-3 record, ATV of 13:32. That’s good enough for 8th overall at the moment. Two of his losses are to people above him in the standings, and he is also the one in Nora Blackfield’s 7-1.

Joslin Baroni’s fortunes have taken a sharp dive. Whether it’s mental or just bad luck is unknown, but she has dropped to a 2-6 record with a 9:01 ATV, currently putting her in 21st position out of 24. She’s gotten close a few times but seems hesitant to go for her Baroni Bomb, which leads the author to think it’s a mental thing given how two different people kicked out of it in the opening three rounds.

THE TOP 10, AFTER ROUND 8:

Jun Onoo, “Twilight” Terra Harding, Nora Blackfield: 7-1

Vaea, Dan Lewis, Rebecca Solomon: 6-2

Rhys Caddell, “Dirty” John Murdoch, Otto von Schwarz: 5-3

Jimmy Anarchy rounds out the top 10 as the leader of the 4-4 pack.

• Like 2

ALPHA DIVISION

Mastachas is only theoretically in the race for the title. Ouilette has an even more tenuous spot. So, with Nuke basically crowned already, all eyes turn to the relegation race to the bottom. Blackfield, Mel, Mastodon, and De'siree all have the same record, and two of them face off for the second time this week. Let's see how it goes.

(5) Brian Blackfield (3-6, OVR 577) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (8-1, OVR 567)* [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 1 - 0]

At this point, Nuke losing to anyone at all for the rest of this season would be shocking.

(3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-4, OVR 541) vs. (2) George Mastachas (6-3, OVR 551)* [Career: George Mastachas, 1 - 0]

JPO's having a good run, but Mastachas is beyond him.

(6) Mel O'Hallister (3-6, OVR 542) vs. (4) Brandy McDonald (5-4, OVR 539)* [Career: Brandy McDonald, 3 - 2]

Uh. It's his turn? Seriously, these two just keep swapping wins and losses. Plus Mel needs it more.

(8) De'siree Mitchell (3-6, OVR 515) vs. (7) The Mastodon (3-6, OVR 539)* [Career: The Mastodon, 5 - 2]

Look at that career record again. Look at the * that indicates who won last time. Yeah.

BETA DIVISION

Beta, on the other hand, has a thriving prootion race even if it's a little hard to see how anyone stops Molina. (Before the bias accusations come in, he's 8-1, and just avenged that loss last week with authority.) Priest/Nakamatsu is a revenge chance for Priest and a chance for Yoshii to kick Priest virtually irreparably down the rankings while pushing himself up. Molina/Gross is much the same, subbing Gross for Priest and Molina for Yoshii. Wasserman/River even has deep relegation implications. Important night in Beta, folks.

(4) Christian Priest (6-3, OVR 599) vs. (3) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-3, OVR 533)* [Career: Yoshii Nakamatsu, 1 - 0]

This is a finesse vs. power matchup, and last time finesse won pretty handily. That, however, was 9 weeks ago. Priest has turned a corner, it seems, while Yoshii has started to slow. Plus it still feels like a glitch that he won in the first place.

(1) Lucas Molina (8-1, OVR 510)* vs. (2) Reverend Johnny Gross (6-3, OVR 529) [Career: Lucas Molina, 1 - 0]

Molina, on the other hand, has been dominating everyone for the past several weeks. In fact, that one loss was in Week 3. Gross, on the other hand, hasn't lost since Week 4. Both have plowed through just about everyone else in the division in the process. The difference here is that Molina beat Gross before debuting any of his new signature submissions. The same ones that seem to have turned him into a dominant wrecking machine.

(6) Pulsar (3-6, OVR 498)* v's. (5) Billy Norris (4-5, OVR 528) [Career: Pulsar, 2 - 1]

Coinflip+superior stamina. Erratic high flyers, man.

(7) Angela Wassermann (2-7, OVR 489) vs. (8) Blood River (1-8, OVR 509)* [Career: Blood River, 4 - 1]

River may be in total freefall, but look. It's like Rock Paper Scissors. River beats Wasserman. Wasserman beats Pulsar. Pulsar beats River. Why is it like this? Man, I don't know. It just is.

GAMMA DIVISION

I can't say that there's no headline matchups in Gamma this week, because the top two are colliding. But yanno...nobody's stopping Monty this season, man. Just not in the cards. So Gamma's just a little devoid of excitement as far as match up implications goes.

(1) Monty Dhillon (9-0, OVR 555)* vs. (2) Diego Rodriguez (7-2, OVR 536) [Career: Monty Dhillon, 1 - 0]

Another week, another time Monty powerbombs the shit out of some sucker.

(3) Kichi Hida (5-4, OVR 483)* vs. (4) Big Scott Weathers (4-5, OVR 508) [Career: Kichi Hida, 1 - 0]

Kichi seems to have lost her knack for handling technicians that she showed in the first half, but 1D brawlers she eats for breakfast.

(6) Markus Clay (3-6, OVR 492) vs. (8) Terrance Stevens (1-8, OVR 493)* [Career: Markus Clay, 5 - 2]

Look at the career record. Look at Steven's record. It's saying "That win was a fluke" to me.

(7) Lance Heartilly (3-6, OVR 460)* vs. (5) Indigo Rose (4-5, OVR 508) [Career: Lance Heartilly, 1 - 0]

IMO Rose needs one win, possibly two, and she's out of relegation danger. This should be one of those wins because she's better at everything Heartilly does.

DELTA DIVISION

It's chaos in Delta, as even 6 and 7 in the rankings have a real chance at promotion this late in the season. Well. As far as the mathematical odds go, anyway.

(3) Diamond (5-4, OVR 500) vs. (6) Scott Stevens (4-5, OVR 437)* [Career: Scott Stevens, 1 - 0]

I don't know. I don't f'n know! Take the pick and go away!

(4) Sterling Silver (5-4, OVR 466) vs. (2) Rock Sheridan (5-4, OVR 426)* [Career: Rock Sheridan, 1 - 0]

The week where we find out if the wheels are actually coming off for Rock, or he's just weak to Nocturne and George. Gotta back my guy, right?

(8) George Stevens (2-7, OVR 415) vs. (1) Nocturne (6-3, OVR 453)* [Career: Nocturne, 1 - 0]

It's kinda...she did it before? There's no reason she can't do it again?

(7) Mickey Steele (4-5, OVR 421) vs. (5) Leon de Ramos (5-4, OVR 424)* [Career: Leon de Ramos, 1 - 0]

Like I just said. There's no reason why he can't simply do it again.

• Like 1

Nuclear is out here proving that all you need to be the best is anger, a relentess desire to hurt people and some very well dressed Italian friends.  You should all learn something from this.  Just quit.  You don't have enough of any of those things to stop Nuclear.  Don't even try. 😛

WEEK TEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(5) Brian Blackfield (3-6, OVR 577) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (8-1, OVR 567)* [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 1 - 0]

BETA DIVISION

(4) Christian Priest (6-3, OVR 599) vs. (3) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-3, OVR 533)* [Career: Yoshii Nakamatsu, 1 - 0]

(1) Lucas Molina (8-1, OVR 510)* vs. (2) Reverend Johnny Gross (6-3, OVR 529) [Career: Lucas Molina, 1 - 0]

(6) Pulsar (3-6, OVR 498)* vs. (5) Billy Norris (4-5, OVR 528) [Career: Pulsar, 2 - 1]

GAMMA DIVISION

(1) Monty Dhillon (9-0, OVR 555)* vs. (2) Diego Rodriguez (7-2, OVR 536) [Career: Monty Dhillon, 1 - 0]

(3) Kichi Hida (5-4, OVR 483)* vs. (4) Big Scott Weathers (4-5, OVR 508) [Career: Kichi Hida, 1 - 0]

DELTA DIVISION

(3) Diamond (5-4, OVR 500) vs. (6) Scott Stevens (4-5, OVR 437)* [Career: Scott Stevens, 1 - 0]

(4) Sterling Silver (5-4, OVR 466) vs. (2) Rock Sheridan (5-4, OVR 426)* [Career: Rock Sheridan, 1 - 0]

(8) George Stevens (2-7, OVR 415) vs. (1) Nocturne (6-3, OVR 453)* [Career: Nocturne, 1 - 0]

(7) Mickey Steele (4-5, OVR 421) vs. (5) Leon de Ramos (5-4, OVR 424)* [Career: Leon de Ramos, 1 - 0]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US! (A REMINDER TO THOSE OUTSIDE THE US, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS IS NOW IN EFFECT HERE SO THE EASTERN US IS TREATED AS UTC-4, NOT THE USUAL UTC-5. PLEASE CALIBRATE YOUR TIMEPIECES ACCORDINGLY!)

• Like 1

WEEK TEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(5) Brian Blackfield (3-6, OVR 577) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (8-1, OVR 567)*

- Cockroaches may survive the nuclear apocalypse, but Blackfield won't.

(3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-4, OVR 541) vs. (2) George Mastachas (6-3, OVR 551)*

- Mastachas is still in this! I mean, Nuke might get hit by a bus... and the bus has maybe an 8% chance of winning!

(6) Mel O'Hallister (3-6, OVR 542) vs. (4) Brandy McDonald (5-4, OVR 539)*

- It's Mel's turn, but I got a hunch.

(8) De'siree Mitchell (3-6, OVR 515) vs. (7) The Mastodon (3-6, OVR 539)*

- History favours the Mastodon.

BETA DIVISION

(4) Christian Priest (6-3, OVR 599) vs. (3) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-3, OVR 533)*

- Yoshii's tailed off badly.

(1) Lucas Molina (8-1, OVR 510)* vs. (2) Reverend Johnny Gross (6-3, OVR 529)

- Molina's been unstoppable of late.

(6) Pulsar (3-6, OVR 498)* vs. (5) Billy Norris (4-5, OVR 528)

- It's Billy's turn?

(7) Angela Wassermann (2-7, OVR 489) vs. (8) Blood River (1-8, OVR 509)*

- History says River. The future says... we'll be revisiting this feud in Gamma next season.  😛

GAMMA DIVISION

(1) Monty Dhillon (9-0, OVR 555)* vs. (2) Diego Rodriguez (7-2, OVR 536)

- Diego could win. He won't. But he could.

(3) Kichi Hida (5-4, OVR 483)* vs. (4) Big Scott Weathers (4-5, OVR 508)

- Just what the doctor ordered for Hida.

(6) Markus Clay (3-6, OVR 492) vs. (8) Terrance Stevens (1-8, OVR 493)*

- History says Clay?

(7) Lance Heartilly (3-6, OVR 460)* vs. (5) Indigo Rose (4-5, OVR 508)

- Rose has found her missing gear.

DELTA DIVISION

(3) Diamond (5-4, OVR 500) vs. (6) Scott Stevens (4-5, OVR 437)*

- He beat her before?

(4) Sterling Silver (5-4, OVR 466) vs. (2) Rock Sheridan (5-4, OVR 426)*

- Iffy pick, but I think Silver can and will get her win back.

(8) George Stevens (2-7, OVR 415) vs. (1) Nocturne (6-3, OVR 453)*

- Nocturne's been working some variation of this match since she got here.

(7) Mickey Steele (4-5, OVR 421) vs. (5) Leon de Ramos (5-4, OVR 424)*

- Total homer pick

• Like 2

I’m planning to run most of this week’s matches tomorrow morning, as I’ve been away from the computer all morning due to errands and staying up late last night for Dynamite + Rampage back to back. I can do 13 out of the 16 available immediately so that’ll be a big chunk of the work done ahead of time.

Likely waiting until the weekend to pick up on Omega work.

• Like 1

THE LEAGUE: SEASON ELEVEN, WEEK TEN

DELTA DIVISION

OndApuF.jpg vC6SXqZ.jpg (7) Mickey Steele (4-5, OVR 421)

vs.

(Favorite, 51.54%) (5) Leon de Ramos (5-4, OVR 424)* zBWrwLg.jpg

Anyone who stopped watching this match five minutes in would have been excused for thinking that de Ramos was on his way to a squash victory. They would have missed the second half of a Match of the Night contender as Steele fought back, bloodied face and all, to make Leon prove that the first encounter was no fluke. A spear from Steele netted only a one count, and a second spear that was attempted led to a quick counter, an application of a new wrinkle in Leon’s arsenal, a short-arm scissors he dubs the Sevillian Stretch, which was chained into an Iberian Twist for the submission victory. A well-fought match on both ends, as Leon completes the season sweep in a match that could have gone either way in the last two minutes of the contest.

Leon de Ramos (6-4) def. Mickey Steele (4-6) via Submission (Iberian Twist) in 10:46.  Rating: ***

Changes for Leon de Ramos:  OVR + 4.72, XP + 525.60, no notable damage

Changes for Mickey Steele:  OVR + 1.19, XP + 131.40, no notable damage

DELTA DIVISION

fTtB0pK.jpg UOpfoyB.jpg (8) George Stevens (2-7, OVR 415)

vs.

(Favorite, 56.69%) (1) Nocturne (6-3, OVR 453)* BEVGy0x.jpg

In the week leading up to the show, more than a few fans had taken to discussing on The League’s official forums that maybe Cary Stevens had a point earlier this season, in that Nocturne was using an illegal hold in her Midnight Solstice. They were cowed into silence this week, though, as Nocturne utilized a simple strategy of “let the larger man gas himself out, then take advantage.” Granted, she had to eat a pair of Stevens’ signature chokeslams to utilize that plan, but after the second one some nine minutes in, Stevens looked to be on the verge of collapse, gasping for wind heavily. Nocturne would whittle down her opponent over the next seven minutes, never looking tired, before finally applying the ankle lock when Stevens was simply too exhausted to defend against it for the victory and the season sweep.

Nocturne (7-3) def. George Stevens (2-8) via Submission (Midnight Solstice) in 16:20.  Rating: **

Changes for Nocturne:  OVR + 3.82, XP + 487.84, minor damage to head and body

Changes for George Stevens:  OVR + 0.43, XP + 121.96, minor damage to head

DELTA DIVISION

Nks15x0.jpg (4) Sterling Silver (5-4, OVR 466)  (Favorite, 53.47%)

vs.

(2) Rock Sheridan (5-4, OVR 426)* 5vWV1hg.jpg

Bob Sinclair: We stay in the Delta Division for our next contest, a match with potential promotion implications as two members of the logjam at 5-4 face off. Rock Sheridan is looking to finish the season sweep over Sterling Silver, Frankie, do you think he does it tonight?

Frankie Garnett: I see no reason to doubt him, Bob. Not only does he have the massive size and power advantage, his body hasn’t been at beaten up as Silver’s has over the years. If she survives this match it may be a moral victory for her!

Bob Sinclair: I’m not about to write Silver off yet, Frankie. Experience does count for a lot in the ring, and Silver is arguably one of the most experienced wrestlers in The League. We’ll see if that knowledge pays off for her, as the bell sounds to get this contest under way!

(00:14) S. Silver applied a Candado

(00:17) S. Silver hit a Puñetazo

(00:21) S. Silver hit a Knife Edge Chop

(00:30) Sheridan avoided a Legsweep Kick.

(00:40) S. Silver very easily avoided a Running Body Smash.

(00:44) Sheridan blocked a Jab Punch

(00:51) S. Silver hit a Legsweep Kick

(00:55) Sheridan fought back against being picked up

(01:02) Sheridan hit a Toss To Corner

(01:09) S. Silver very easily avoided a Corner Open Handed Chop.

(01:16) S. Silver hit a Corner Knife Edge Chop

(01:23) S. Silver hit a Corner Seated Dropkick

(01:38) S. Silver hit a Stomp Flurry

(01:42) S. Silver hit a Leaping Elbow Drop

(01:57) S. Silver hit a Stomp Flurry

(02:04) S. Silver hit a Senton

(02:19) S. Silver hit a Stomp Flurry

(02:23) S. Silver hit a Leaping Elbow Drop

(02:32) Rock Sheridan moved out of the way from a Running Half Senton.

Bob Sinclair: We’ve established that these shorter Delta Division matches are a boon to folks like Sheridan, who maybe don’t have the stamina to last in longer bouts, but I’d argue it’s a bigger boon to the fliers like Silver. They can break out their flashier moves sooner and steal a win that much faster.

Frankie Garnett: Bob, you and I both know this division was designed for the likes of Kichi Hida. She made art out of a four minute window!

Bob Sinclair: Yet Silver had an even faster match in Omega last season, Frankie, and those are held under Delta Division rules.

Frankie Garnett: Wait, faster than Hida? How the heck did she…?

(02:39) Sheridan picked up S. Silver from behind

(02:43) Sheridan hit a Forearm To Back Of Head

(02:47) Sheridan hit a Forearm To Back

(02:51) Sheridan hit a Forearm To Back Of Head

(02:55) S. Silver broke a Full Nelson Bomb

(03:02) Sheridan avoided a Dropkick To Knee.

(03:09) Sheridan hit a Toss To Corner

(03:14) S. Silver blocked the Ten Turnbuckle Smashes

(03:32) Sheridan hit Ten Turnbuckle Smashes

(03:42) Sheridan picked up S. Silver

(03:48) Sheridan hit a Roundhouse Punch

(04:05) Sheridan hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry

(04:20) Sheridan hit a Stomp Flurry

(04:26) Sheridan picked up S. Silver

(04:32) Sheridan hit a Roundhouse Punch

(04:36) S. Silver stopped a Power Taunt by rushing Sheridan

(04:40) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle

(04:50) S. Silver hit a Top Rope Flying Forearm Strike

(05:00) Sheridan avoided a Running Seated Dropkick.

(05:07) Sheridan hit a Running Forearm Blow

(05:14) S. Silver countered a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry with a Legsweep Kick

(05:21) S. Silver hit a Running Seated Dropkick

(05:25) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle

(05:34) S. Silver hit a Top Rope Diving Headbutt

(05:38) S. Silver got a one count

Frankie Garnett: That looks to be an issue of “not enough weight on that headbutt to really cause an impact,” Bob.

Bob Sinclair: Not to mention Silver’s history with concussions, Frankie. The fact that she seems that desperate to pull that out of her arsenal makes me wonder if everything’s all right with her.

(05:43) Sheridan blocked a Seated Face Plant

(05:48) Sheridan blocked a Thrust Kick To Corner

(05:52) S. Silver countered a Short Arm Knee Lift with a Kick To Thigh

(05:56) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle

(06:02) Sheridan countered a Top Rope Cross Body Press with a Roundhouse Punch

(06:06) S. Silver blocked a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry

(06:12) Sheridan picked up S. Silver

(06:16) S. Silver blocked a DDT

(06:32) Sheridan hit a Press Slam

(06:39) Sheridan picked up S. Silver

(06:51) Sheridan hit a Biel Throw To Corner

(07:00) Sheridan picked up S. Silver

(07:06) What a spinning backfist! Sterling Silver, Welcome to Tacoma!

(07:10) S. Silver stopped a Power Taunt by rushing Sheridan

(07:24) S. Silver applied a Candado Invertido

(07:31) S. Silver hit a Legsweep Kick

(07:35) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle

(07:51) S. Silver hit a Top Rope Missile Dropkick

(07:58) S. Silver hit a Running Seated Dropkick

(08:02) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle

(08:07) Sheridan shook the ropes to stop an On Wings of Silver

(08:11) S. Silver kicked Sheridan away

(08:21) S. Silver hit a Top Rope Flying Clothesline

(08:26) S. Silver got a two count

Bob Sinclair: A quick bit of improvisation by Silver there, and she nearly got rewarded for it!

Frankie Garnett: But Bob, it’s only going to be a matter of time before that giant in there swats her out of the sky. She knows it, and she needs to end this before he can get a chance to do just that!

(08:30) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle

(08:46) S. Silver hit a Moonsault Press

(08:54) Rock Sheridan moved out of the way from a Slingshot Guillotina.

(09:02) S. Silver very easily avoided a Stomp Flurry.

(09:07) S. Silver leapt up to the top turnbuckle

(09:11) Sheridan stopped a Top Rope Flying Clothesline by rushing S. Silver and pulling her down

(09:18) Sheridan hit a Knee Plant

(09:26) Sheridan hit a Stomp To Groin

(09:30) Sheridan hit a Running Knee Drop

(09:40) Sheridan picked up S. Silver

(09:44) S. Silver slipped out of the back of a Press Powerslam

(09:49) Sheridan fought back as S. Silver tried to climb the turnbuckles

(09:55) Sheridan hit a Roundhouse Body Punch

(10:03) S. Silver very easily avoided a Grit City Lariat.

(10:09) Sheridan countered a Dropkick To Knee with a Roundhouse Body Punch

(10:13) S. Silver blocked a Press Powerslam

(10:19) Sterling Silver almost got her head taken clear off with that Grit City Lariat!

Bob Sinclair: Rock’s a bit slow getting into the cover,, but finally gets there…one, two, and three! Rock Sheridan completes the season sweep, though he had to fight hard to earn this one!

Frankie Garnett: I kind of called it, Bob. While she didn’t get swatted out of the sky, she got pulled back to earth by the giant and that was all she wrote!

Bob Sinclair: Sheridan continues to be right on Nocturne’s heels in the race for promotion out of Delta, and with four weeks remaining anything could still happen!

Rock Sheridan (6-4) def. Sterling Silver (5-5) via Pinfall (Grit City Lariat) in 10:23.  Rating: ****

Changes for Rock Sheridan:  OVR + 5.87, XP + 665.81, minor damage to head and body

Changes for Sterling Silver:  OVR + 1.97, XP + 241.45, minor damage to head

This was the Match of the Night (2 [2 this season] for Rock Sheridan, 4 [1 this season] for Sterling Silver)

DELTA DIVISION

0rDaDU8.jpg (3) Diamond (5-4, OVR 500) (Favorite, 55.87%)

vs.

(6) Scott Stevens (4-5, OVR 437)* fYy1oxq.jpg fTtB0pK.jpg

Another solid match out of the Delta Division, this one featured the First Lady fighting from behind for the most part, picking and choosing her spots to counteract the power game of Stevens. Stevens would rattle Diamond a few times, but got a bit cocky and was locked into the Florentine. Even then, his experience let him find the back door out of the hold, as he reached an arm far enough back to grab the ankle of Diamond and pull on it, unbalancing her to break the hold. It would be the last hope for him in the contest, though, as Diamond would apply it a second time less than a minute later, and this time ensure that she kept out of Stevens’ reach to force the tap out and avenge her loss to him earlier in the season.  (Author’s Note: The first Florentine had a 929 to finish, and Stevens rolled 973 to escape it.)

Diamond (6-4) def. Scott Stevens (4-6) via Submission (Florentine) in 11:04.  Rating: ***

Changes for Diamond:  OVR + 4.74, XP + 525.75, minor damage to head

Changes for Scott Stevens:  OVR + 1.2, XP + 131.44, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

9q89H6M.jpg (7) Lance Heartilly (3-6, OVR 460)*

vs.

(Favorite, 56.51%) (5) Indigo Rose (4-5, OVR 508) 2X2r9qf.jpg

With Delta Division action complete, we turn now to the Gamma Division. Technical grappling fans were looking forward to this one, to see if Heartilly could repeat his actions from earlier this season with another win against Rose. The answer to that was a solid “no.” In a rather dull bout, Rose wrestled circles around Heartilly, ignoring the faint trickle of blood from her forehead as she forced a submission with what appears to be the primary back-up submission for a lot of wrestlers in The League now—the stump puller. She evens her record on the season, as Heartilly’s chances of avoiding relegation now seem to rely on only one spot being dropped to Delta this coming offseason.

Indigo Rose (5-5) def. Lance Heartilly (3-7) via Submission (stump puller) in 8:53.  Rating: *

Changes for Indigo Rose:  OVR + 2.30, XP + 510.49, minor damage to head

Changes for Lance Heartilly:  OVR -0.38, XP + 127.62, no notable damage

GAMMA DIVISION

N0Y594C.jpg (6) Markus Clay (3-6, OVR 492) (Favorite, 52.12%)

vs.

(8) Terrance Stevens (1-8, OVR 493)* 6r4P9L8.jpg

In some circles, this would be considered a squash. In others, it would not because the loser got some offense in. Regardless, this was a one-sided bout that went the way of Markus Clay. Terrance never seemed to get out of the gate at all, and Clay made him pay for it in under eight minutes, without the need for a finisher. While he has not clinched a spot in the bottom two of the division yet, it seems all but inevitable at this point that next season’s Delta Division is going to be Stevens central, with Terrance joining Scott and George there…

Markus Clay (4-6) def. Terrance Stevens (1-9) via Pinfall (top rope flying clothesline) in 7:36.  Rating: *

Changes for Markus Clay:  OVR + 2.25, XP + 509.85, no notable damage

Changes for Terrance Stevens:  OVR -0.37, XP + 127.46, minor damage to head

BETA DIVISION

aOXlwtV.jpg (7) Angela Wassermann (2-7, OVR 489)

vs.

(Favorite, 50.92%) (8) Blood River (1-8, OVR 509)* hAfQcot.jpg VZFWcYa.jpg

After the poor showing in the previous Gamma Division bouts, could the bottom two in Beta at least get the crowd back into the show?

Yes…barely.  The author maintains this should have been a Match of the Night contender, but Maven Deltzer or whomever was watching the match decided otherwise. Wassermann controlled the opening minutes, even busting open River with a knee to the forehead after exercising top control for close to two minutes (with various jabs and punches thrown in the mix). River would find an opening to pick up the pace, and he kept Wassermann off-balanced for several minutes afterwards. One of the more noteworthy sequences saw River hit a springboard splash for two, a stump piledriver into a top rope double footed stomp that also got two, into a spear with very nearly got three. When he attempted a springboard cross body, though, Wassermann rolled through the impact and got a two count of her own…and then never let off the gas after that. It took only two more minutes to move from a rear naked punch flurry into her cross arm breaker, and the tap out victory. While she’s not out of danger yet, Wassermann earns a much-needed win to give herself some space near the bottom of the table!

Angela Wassermann (3-7) def. Blood River (1-9) via Submission (Wassermann Cross Arm Breaker) in 15:15.  Rating: **

Changes for Angela Wassermann:  OVR + 3.76, XP + 633.52, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

Changes for Blood River:  OVR + 0.43, XP + 158.38, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

4ZAKk1I.jpg (3) Kichi Hida (5-4, OVR 483)* (Favorite, 52.59%)

vs.

(4) Big Scott Weathers (4-5, OVR 508) OOiJTFx.jpg

This was a tale of two matches, told in under nine minutes. The first one was of Scott Weathers using his size and power to absolutely demolish Kichi Hida, who looked like she was still having trouble adjusting to things after Tag Team Turmoil. It appeared to be on course for a one-star squash match when Weathers hit Blackout some five minutes in…

…only to be stunned as Hida immediately popped to her feet, shouting something in Japanese and looking absolutely furious as she glared at Weathers. The League had finally found its third member of the Adrenaline Rush club.

The second match happened in about three minutes, and was typical Kichi Hida business. Sure, her adrenaline faded after about a minute, but after chaining Bumper Kars into the Funhouse Stomp (or vice versa) a few times, Weathers seemed to be a bit dazed from the onslaught. He still managed to kick out of a UFO Spin elbow, though…but not the Eternal Violence that followed. Hida picks up a win, finally shows off her adrenaline rush, and suddenly things just got interesting in the Gamma Division!

Kichi Hida (6-4) def. Big Scott Weathers (4-6) via Pinfall (Eternal Violence) in 8:53.  Rating: ***

Changes for Kichi Hida:  OVR + 4.59, XP + 603.31, minor damage to head

Changes for Big Scott Weathers:  OVR + 1.16, XP + 150.83, minor damage to head

(Behind the curtain chat: Normally, I would not allow a turn mid-season. If I did, I could see people deciding their alignment would be “Big Show,” turning almost every week as they deemed fit. Not having it. I allowed it in this case following the whole debacle with not knowing Adrenaline Rushes were hard-locked to faces only, and EP has had this trait locked in for a while at this point. I thought that it was only fair that due to a wrinkle in the game engine that we both were ignorant of, that I should make amends for it promptly. I didn’t expect it to be…well…that one-sided well after the rush ended!)

BETA DIVISION

VfA2MW8.jpg (6) Pulsar (3-6, OVR 498)*

vs.

(Favorite, 63.82%) (5) Billy Norris (4-5, OVR 528) 6fYIC71.jpg

A cool moment in this sprint of a Match of the Night contender, as The League got to see a rarity unfold. Norris had charged in, looking for a flying forearm, only for Pulsar to counter it into a rana pinfall that nearly got a three. It was a sudden and dramatic momentum shift for Pulsar…who ultimately squandered it away over the next two minutes. (Author’s Note: those dramatic momentum shifts have happened less than a handful of times in The League since this project was restarted in Season Eight.) The masked man would not get another chance to fight back, as Norris simply picked up where he left off before connecting with his newly-debuted finisher, the springboard 450 he calls the Bonzer Splash.

Billy Norris (5-5) def. Pulsar (3-7) via Pinfall (Bonzer Splash) in 8:39.  Rating: ***

Changes for Billy Norris:  OVR + 4.58, XP + 681.85, no notable damage

Changes for Pulsar:  OVR + 1.16, XP + 170.46, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

T7PlxOP.jpg (8) De'siree Mitchell (3-6, OVR 515)

vs.

(Favorite, 59.94%) (7) The Mastodon (3-6, OVR 539)* NSa1kkC.jpg

First match in the top flight this week, once again featuring the bottom pair in the standings in a crucial must-win for both. It would turn out to be a Match of the Night contender, and a showcase of puroresu style wrestling. Neither competitor backed down, trading stiff shots and head drops at will, though Mastodon had the slight advantage due to his size. That never deterred Mitchell, who seemed to be ready for Mastodon’s submission finisher and got a near-fall from the counter. By the same token, Mastodon was ready for the Blitz, as he stopped Mitchell in her tracks with a well-timed roundhouse to the face. It would be about a minute later that Mastodon would connect with the lariat, and earn the victory to give himself a little space at the bottom end of the division. He still has a little work to do, but having the tiebreaker over at least one person in danger of dropping to Beta is a plus in his book!

The Mastodon (4-6) def. De'siree Mitchell (3-7) via Pinfall (Rampage) in 14:37.  Rating: ***

Changes for The Mastodon:  OVR + 4.97, XP + 791.40, minor damage to head

Changes for De'siree Mitchell:  OVR + 1.26, XP + 197.85, moderate damage to head

BETA DIVISION

LG3TCXf.jpg (1) Lucas Molina (8-1, OVR 510)* (Favorite, 53.23%)

vs.

(2) Reverend Johnny Gross (6-3, OVR 529) d7FEgH5.jpg

We now turn our attention back to the Beta Division. Molina’s lead is secure—he cannot fall into second place tonight no matter what happens—but the Right Reverend looks to continue his revival after a poor opening to the season. This was close for the most part, though the sudden ending is what killed the rating in the eyes of most viewers. Just as the match was starting to get good—Molina breaking a Sermon on the Mount—the Right Reverend rolled through Molina’s next offensive volley, a Juey de Tierra, and then dropped Lucas on the top of his skull with a brainbuster. Even the referee seemed surprised when he got to the count of three. Not only does Gross get a surprise win, he also claims the tiebreaker over Molina (by over eight minutes) should it come to that. Another wrinkle in the Beta Division as the fight for promotion into Alpha intensifies!

Reverend Johnny Gross (7-3) def. Lucas Molina (8-2) via Pinfall (western brainbuster suplex) in 10:37.  Rating: *

Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross:  OVR + 2.35, XP + 578.07, no notable damage

Changes for Lucas Molina:  OVR -0.39, XP + 144.52, no notable damage

ALPHA DIVISION

wSRPoAi.jpg (6) Mel O'Hallister (3-6, OVR 542)

vs.

(Favorite, 68.72%) (4) Brandy McDonald (5-4, OVR 539)* gGexPKo.jpg

Another Match of the Night contender, and this one was rightly deserved. Once again, those leaving the match part of the way through missed a great second half of the contest. Eight minutes in, this was Brandy’s match to win, she was dominating O’Hallister in basically every category. Mel is nothing if not stubborn and hard-headed, though, and slowly fought his way back into contention, even kicking out of a Detox at one to surprise McDonald. A spinning back fist finally gave O’Hallister some momentum, and he turned that into an Irish Clover that did not get the win but did soften McDonald up for a follow-up powerbomb. A few moments later, Mel landed the Dream, got the three count, and could have possibly saved his chances of remaining in the Alpha Division next season as he scores an upset victory over the Season Eight League Champion!

Mel O'Hallister (4-6) def. Brandy McDonald (5-5) via Pinfall (Dream of the Emerald Isle) in 16:06.  Rating: ***

Changes for Mel O'Hallister:  OVR + 5.07, XP + 792.56, minor damage to head

Changes for Brandy McDonald:  OVR + 1.28, XP + 198.14, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

hYlEAC2.jpg p1IFTGG.jpg (3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-4, OVR 541)

vs.

(Favorite, 65.84%) (2) George Mastachas (6-3, OVR 551)* FXyrc6C.jpg

A bit of a cooldown match before the division leaders (and Christian Priest) take to the ring, this was competitive but not terribly exciting. Ouilette certainly put forth a fair bit of effort, but Mastachas showed that, at least on this night, there was still a sizeable gap between himself and the current number-three of the Alpha Division. The Wrath of Zeus was a foregone conclusion, as Mastachas now has to put his hopes on the slumping Brian Blackfield to essentially keep his season alive.

George Mastachas (7-3) def. Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-5) via Pinfall (Wrath of Zeus) in 13:25.  Rating: **

Changes for George Mastachas:  OVR + 3.67, XP + 729.66, minor damage to head

Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette:  OVR + 0.42, XP + 182.42, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

vz0qqDp.jpg (1) Monty Dhillon (9-0, OVR 555)* (Favorite, 58.45%)

vs.

(2) Diego Rodriguez (7-2, OVR 536) G4sbiHU.jpg

A top-two clash in the Gamma Division, as Monty looks to push his record to ten wins without a loss. While this ended up being a Match of the Night contender, you’d never had known it after the first four minutes, which were all Dhillon. The crafty veteran in Rodriguez found holes in the offense to wear Dhillon down some, and even utilized a few of his more effective submission holds to weaken Monty. However, what Diego was not expecting was for those submissions to simply get Dhillon angry. In a rather inspired bit of chain wrestling, Dhillon managed to link the Wheel-Lock into the Blockade Lock to force the verbal submission, and move to 10-0! Next up on the list in the hunt for perfection: the always dangerous Kichi Hida...with an added bonus that he could clinch the Gamma Division crown next week as well!

Monty Dhillon (10-0) def. Diego Rodriguez (7-3) via Submission (Blockade Lock) in 12:41.  Rating: ***

Changes for Monty Dhillon:  OVR + 4.85, XP + 605.58, no notable damage

Changes for Diego Rodriguez:  OVR + 1.22, XP + 151.40, minor damage to head

BETA DIVISION

MZ2VDcB.jpg YICOeYe.jpg (4) Christian Priest (6-3, OVR 599) (Favorite, 80.45%)

vs.

(3) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-3, OVR 533)* xHVnvxD.jpg

Winner here would gain sole possession of third place in the Beta Division, with a steep hill to climb to get by Reverend Gross due to tiebreakers. Despite a bit of a down season, Priest came in to this match as the third-heaviest favorite since The League started tracking that fact this season. (Nuclear at 86.17% over Mitchell in Week 6, and Blackfield over Mitchell at 81.62% in week 8, are the two larger favorites.)

In the interest of full transparency…the author had to run this match twice. The first time, the match was about fifteen minutes in, was shaping up to be at least a three-star match if not a full Match of the Night, when WS3 crashed. It was then that the reason made itself known—Pastor Richards tried to interfere, but was not set to a Beta Division contract (he was still on Gamma from the last season, which is an oversight on my part). WS3 doesn’t know how to resolve a manager attempting to interfere under a ruleset they are not assigned a contract to, and crashed to desktop. So yes, there’s proof that Richards can interfere! It just means that instead of giving control to Priest, Pastor Richards broke the game entirely. I should dock Priest some XP for that alone! (For legal purposes this is a joke.)

So, one hotfix later, back in to run the match again…and this time, Nakamatsu stood no chance. A lengthy squash that somehow managed two stars was the result, as Priest claims third place in the division outright…with Reverend Gross slated to be his next opponent in a match that has huge promotion ramifications! (Personally I would have liked to see how the other match finished!)

Christian Priest (7-3) def. Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-4) via Pinfall (Judgement) in 11:32.  Rating: **

Changes for Christian Priest:  OVR + 3.58, XP + 631.20, no notable damage

Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu:  OVR + 0.41, XP + 157.80, moderate damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

Lp89uMT.jpg (5) Brian Blackfield (3-6, OVR 577)

vs.

(Favorite, 76.29%) (1) Nuclear Templeton (8-1, OVR 567)* FqeSGy6.jpg KufawJO.jpg

All right, show of hands. Did anyone expect Nuclear to come in to this match as a 3-to-1 favorite? The author certainly did not; he figured the odds would be around 63% in favor of Templeton as this main event got underway. This was actually a close match, and the runner-up for Match of the Night, as bombs were thrown from the start by Templeton. Blackfield weathered the storm and tried to wear down Nuclear with holds and a few shots of his own, but the former League Champion seemed to have gotten enough of a head-start that he was shrugging off most of Blackfield’s offense. This continued for a few more minutes, as Templeton started to deploy Tactical Nukes at will. But Nuclear was stunned when Blackfield hit the Tartan Effect and nearly stole a win with it. This seemed to anger Templeton, and in a fit of not thinking ahead, he blasted Blackfield with an Armageddon Lariat.

Enter The Juggernaut.

The next minute saw Blackfield beat down Templeton to kill the momentum advantage, but he was unable to apply the Highland’s Wrath on three different occasions as the adrenaline faded from his body a bit quicker than many would have guessed. Templeton would feint the lariat when he next had an opening, and instead catch Blackfield in a Radiation Leak that would end up scoring the submission victory. The longest match of the night by far goes to Templeton, who has a chance to clinch the Season Eleven League Championship next week with a victory and a corresponding Mastachas loss….

Nuclear Templeton (9-1) def. Brian Blackfield (3-7) via Submission (Radiation Leak) in 22:05.  Rating: ***

Changes for Nuclear Templeton:  OVR + 5.47, XP + 797.23, minor damage to head

Changes for Brian Blackfield:  OVR + 1.38, XP + 199.31, moderate damage to head, minor damage to body

/\/\/\/\/\/\

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK TEN

x – clinched promotion

y – clinched division title

z – clinched relegation

ALPHA DIVISION

1.  Nuclear Templeton:  9-1, ATV 18:03, (AMR 2.500), OVR 572.35

2.  George Mastachas:  7-3, ATV 14:29, (AMR 2.300), OVR 554.90

3.  Jean-Paul Ouilette:  5-5, ATV 19:12, (AMR 2.200), OVR 541.16

4.  Brandy McDonald:  5-5, ATV 16:03, (AMR 2.500), OVR 539.97

5.  Mel O'Hallister:  4-6, ATV 15:39, (AMR 2.700), OVR 547.34

6.  The Mastodon:  4-6, ATV 16:47, (AMR 2.700), OVR 543.61

7.  De'siree Mitchell:  3-7, ATV 13:37, (AMR 2.800), OVR 516.64

8.  Brian Blackfield:  3-7, ATV 17:43, (AMR 2.100), OVR 578.41

*Nuclear Templeton clinches League Championship with: win AND Mastachas loss (Templeton has the tiebreaker)

5-5 and 4-6 ties are broken by simple H2H

3-7 is broken by victory time in a split series.

BETA DIVISION

1.  Lucas Molina:  8-2, ATV 13:19 (AMR 2.500), OVR 510.07

2.  Reverend Johnny Gross:  7-3, ATV 12:55 (AMR 2.300), OVR 531.50

3.  Christian Priest:  7-3, ATV 11:18 (AMR 2.500), OVR 602.29

4.  Yoshii Nakamatsu:  6-4, ATV 11:33 (AMR 2.100), OVR 533.61

5.  Billy Norris:  5-5, ATV 9:54 (AMR 2.600), OVR 532.46

6.  Angela Wassermann:  3-7, ATV 12:45 (AMR 2.200), OVR 492.74

7.  Pulsar:  3-7, ATV 8:44 (AMR 2.700), OVR 498.76

8.  Blood River:  1-9, ATV 10:39 (AMR 2.100), OVR 509.50

Both ties are broken by simple H2H

GAMMA DIVISION

1.  Monty Dhillon:  10-0, ATV 9:06, (AMR 2.100), OVR 559.69

2.  Diego Rodriguez:  7-3, ATV 10:48, (AMR 2.200), OVR 537.01

3.  Kichi Hida:  6-4, ATV 10:24, (AMR 2.300), OVR 487.47

4.  Indigo Rose:  5-5, ATV 13:18, (AMR 1.900), OVR 510.23

5.  Markus Clay:  4-6, ATV 9:54, (AMR 2.100), OVR 494.13

6.  Big Scott Weathers:  4-6, ATV 11:40, (AMR 2.200), OVR 508.86

7.  Lance Heartilly:  3-7, ATV 13:50, (AMR 2.000), OVR 459.75

8.  Terrance Stevens:  1-9, ATV 10:48, (AMR 2.200), OVR 492.33

*Monty Dhillon wins the division with: win OR Rodriguez loss (Dhillon has swept Rodriguez this season)

*Monty Dhillon clinches promotion with: win OR loss to Hida in 9:16 or longer. (He would win the tiebreaker in this scenario, so even if he and Kichi ended up tied at 10-4 he would still advance.)

4-6 is broken by victory time in a split series.

DELTA DIVISION

1.  Nocturne:  7-3, ATV 11:30 (AMR 2.100), OVR 456.88

2.  Rock Sheridan:  6-4, ATV 10:13 (AMR 2.800), OVR 431.42

3.  Diamond:  6-4, ATV 9:52 (AMR 2.400), OVR 504.86

4.  Leon de Ramos:  6-4, ATV 12:10 (AMR 2.500), OVR 428.76

5.  Sterling Silver:  5-5, ATV 8:36 (AMR 2.300), OVR 467.91

6.  Scott Stevens:  4-6, ATV 8:10 (AMR 2.100), OVR 437.74

7.  Mickey Steele:  4-6, ATV 7:20 (AMR 2.500), OVR 421.79

8.  George Stevens:  2-8, ATV 10:35 (AMR 2.500), OVR 415.04

6-4: Sheridan has beaten Diamond and Leon, Diamond has beaten Leon

4-6 is broken by simple H2H

PREDICTION STANDINGS

(Reminder: The official scores will have the lowest two weeks dropped at the end of the season, and are ranked below accordingly.)

1. Eternal Phoenix: 92 (Total Score: 110. This week: 14. Drop Weeks: 2 and 4 [8 / 10])

2. Croquemitaine: 85 (Total Score: 102. This week: 10. Drop Weeks: 1 and 4 [8 / 9])

3. Derek B: 80 (Total Score: 90. This week: 10. Drop Weeks: 1 and 2 [4 / 6])

4. SeanMcG: 68 (Total Score: 68. This week: 0. Drop Weeks: 9 and 10 [0 / 0])

5. Jman2k3: 65 (Total Score: 70. This week: 9. Drop Weeks: 6 and 1 [0 / 5])

WEEK ELEVEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (5-5, OVR 541)* vs. (8) Brian Blackfield (3-7, OVR 578) [Career: Brian Blackfield, 2 - 1]

(4) Brandy McDonald (5-5, OVR 540) vs. (2) George Mastachas (7-3, OVR 555)* [Career: George Mastachas, 4 - 3]

(1) Nuclear Templeton (9-1, OVR 572)* vs. (7) De'siree Mitchell (3-7, OVR 517) [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 6 - 1]

(6) The Mastodon (4-6, OVR 544) vs. (5) Mel O'Hallister (4-6, OVR 547)* [Career: Mel O'Hallister, 3 - 2]

BETA DIVISION

(2) Reverend Johnny Gross (7-3, OVR 532)* vs. (3) Christian Priest (7-3, OVR 602) [Career: Reverend Johnny Gross, 1 - 0]

HARDCORE MATCH: (5) Billy Norris (5-5, OVR 532)* vs. (8) Blood River (1-9, OVR 510) [Career: Billy Norris, 3 – 2. Career in Hardcore Matches: Norris 0 – 2, River 1 – 0]

(4) Yoshii Nakamatsu (6-4, OVR 534)* vs. (6) Angela Wassermann (3-7, OVR 493) [Career: Yoshii Nakamatsu, 3 - 0]

(1) Lucas Molina (8-2, OVR 510)* vs. (7) Pulsar (3-7, OVR 499) [Career: Lucas Molina, 1 - 0]

GAMMA DIVISION

(3) Kichi Hida (6-4, OVR 487) vs. (1) Monty Dhillon (10-0, OVR 560)* [Career: Monty Dhillon, 3 - 2]

(2) Diego Rodriguez (7-3, OVR 537)* vs. (8) Terrance Stevens (1-9, OVR 492) [Career: Diego Rodriguez, 2 - 1]

(4) Indigo Rose (5-5, OVR 510)* vs. (5) Markus Clay (4-6, OVR 494) [Career: Indigo Rose, 3 - 2]

(6) Big Scott Weathers (4-6, OVR 509)* vs. (7) Lance Heartilly (3-7, OVR 460) [Career: Big Scott Weathers, 1 - 0]

DELTA DIVISION

(8) George Stevens (2-8, OVR 415) vs. (3) Diamond (6-4, OVR 505)* [Career: Diamond, 1 - 0]

(6) Scott Stevens (4-6, OVR 438) vs. (5) Sterling Silver (5-5, OVR 468)* [Career: Sterling Silver, 1 - 0]

(1) Nocturne (7-3, OVR 457) vs. (7) Mickey Steele (4-6, OVR 422)* [Career: Mickey Steele, 1 - 0]

FIRST BLOOD MATCH: (2) Rock Sheridan (6-4, OVR 431)* vs. (4) Leon de Ramos (6-4, OVR 429) [Career: Rock Sheridan, 1 - 0]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 29, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US! (A REMINDER TO THOSE OUTSIDE THE US, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS IS NOW IN EFFECT HERE SO THE EASTERN US IS TREATED AS UTC-4, NOT THE USUAL UTC-5. PLEASE CALIBRATE YOUR TIMEPIECES ACCORDINGLY!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Week 10 Quick Thoughts (Goodbye for now for Frieren and Maomao. Anything else would be embarrassing later.)

Delta

Leon de Ramos def. Mickey Steele

Nocturne def. George Stevens

Rock Sheridan def. Sterling Silver

Diamond def. Scott Stevens

An exciting night. Crucial victories for what’s turning out to be the top four. And match of the night honors. I don’t know if anyone’s tracking it (I’m certainly not), but it seems like Delta’s gotten more MOTN than usual this season. This crew may well have more than any other division at this point. I dunno, seems like an interesting factoid to me. It’s still anybody but George’s division, though. Even if Scott and Steele’s chances have shrunk significantly.

Gamma

Indigo Rose def. Lance Heartilly

Markus Clay def. Terrance Stevens

Kichi Hida def. Big Scott Weathers

Monty Dhillon def. Diego Rodriguez

Rose is all about ensuring she remains in Gamma. Stevens is totally hapless at this point, but respect to Clay for the W. Adrenaline Rush, Adrenaline Rush, come on for Kichi. Seriously, boss, you didn’t expect domination after some of what Blackfield and Mastodon have pulled in the past? Not to mention what Kichi’s done from time to time without it. And Diego’s division title dreams fade away to nothing as Monty’s undefeated season rolls over him. The race here is Kichi relying on winning out and Diego dropping just one of his remaining four. But of couse, she’s got Monty this week. So Diego’s about to get some breathing room if he can win against Stevens.

Beta

Angela Wasserman def. Blood River

Billy Norris def. Pulsar

Reverend Johnny Gross def. Lucas Molina

Christian Priest def. Yoshii Nakamatsu

River seems as hapless as Stevens. Just can’t do anything right. A little credit to Wasserman for taking advantage, but yeah. Norris firmly establishes himself as the mid table man. Not a jobber but not in the upper four’s class either. Gross weakens Molina’s position and Priest completes what Gross started. Nakamasu’s unfortunate dismissal from the upper rankings. The big dogs are hitting their stride as the season rolls on. The question is, was Molina’s 6-1 enough to keep them at bay, or will he too falter and fall like Yoshii? Well. First Gross/Priest II has to happen. Then we’ll see.

Alpha

The Mastodon def. De’siree Mitchell

Mel O’Hallister def. Brandy McDonald

George Mastachas def. Jean-Paul Ouilette

Nuclear Templeton def. Brian Blackfield

Look, Nuke’s the champ. I know it. You know. Everybody knows it. Mastachas is the only one who can catch him, and that’s deeply unlikely. Instead, let’s focus on how even 3 and 4 are only two matches better than 7 and 8. The fight against relegation is only heating up. I’m sure nobody expected Blackfield to be washing out this hard, but here we are. He’s surely got some offseason thinking to do. Despite what I said above, JPO and Brandy are sticking around. Two up with four to go? Unlikely they slip down enough to get tossed. Mel and Mastodon, however, need to watch their backs. De’siree and Blackfield need to step it up a level. We’ll see how it goes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eternal Phoenix said:

Seriously, boss, you didn’t expect domination after some of what Blackfield and Mastodon have pulled in the past?

They are also 260+ pounds each. I’m certain Mastodon’s eaten larger meals than Kichi’s weight before. So yeah, I expected a minor change due to the size difference.

Silly of me, I know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowedFlames said:

They are also 260+ pounds each. I’m certain Mastodon’s eaten larger meals than Kichi’s weight before. So yeah, I expected a minor change due to the size difference.

Silly of me, I know.

If we've learned anything through the adventures of Kichi Hida, it's that size only matters up to a point. And besides, she's a Lightweight, not a Small. Those are usually easily a 150 lbs on the low end and 200ish on the high. It's not like she's the size of Silver or Joslin. That'd be bananas. In the real world, she'd be noticeably big as hell for a woman. Like if Hikaru Shida was built like Kris Statlander.

With that said it's a reasonable expectation that she wouldn't. I've just gotten used to Kichi embodying the spirit of "clobbering time" whenever the bell rings. She is literally half Mastodon's size, that's a fact. And even Blackfield is a size category higher. So if you're just thinking about size and strength then yeah, it's absolutely a reasonable expectation. Then again there's double squashing Jun Onoo (who's Mastodon sized) last season and even smacking around Big Scotty in round one this season.

Look, I'm trying to say I don't think you were being silly. You were just looking at it from a different perspective than me, and that's okay.

spacer.png

Points Rankings: The League - Season 11 Week 10

spacer.png

Cro's Thoughts

- The MOVE OF THE WEEK! brought to you by MegaWOW!!! energy drink has to go to the Reverend Johnny Gross.

- Gross's gain comes at the expense of Lucas Molina, but this is likely only a momentary setback.

- Molina and JPO are the biggest positive surprises of the season. Kichi Hida may or may not also belong in that category. Blackfield, O'Hallister, Priest, and Heartilly have been mild disappointments. Everyone else is performing pretty much as expected.

- I will continue to post the updated rankings every week, but I'm not going to have much to say about them. They're not really meant to highlight recent results but rather a summary of how a competitor has performed over a full two-season period. As a result the rankings have become very static of late. The flip side is when someone does trend upward or downward, that represents a significant improvement or decline in their effectiveness.

• Like 3

Breaking News: The League’s Sponsorship Deal Ends After Sudden Closure of Sponsoring Company

BALTIMORE, MD — Largely overshadowed by the tragedy that took place overnight at the Francis Scott Key Bridge, a smaller piece of news came out of Baltimore today as it was announced that The League’s involvement with online sports book DraftFanatics would come to an end immediately.

”We were not given a choice in the matter,” League Commissioner Will Prydor told reporters this morning. “We received official documentation that the sponsor had declared immediate Chapter 11 bankruptcy. With that in mind, and the fact that they were behind in sponsorship payments already, The League had no choice but to cut ties with the company effective immediately.”

When asked about how this development would change the on-air presentation of The League, Prydor responded, “It will be a minimal change at worst. We’re just going to eliminate the ‘odds’ that had been shown before every match, as that was really what their company wanted from us. Our Chief Statistician will be elated at having some of her workload taken off her plate, though I have other ideas in mind to come as a potential replacement.”

DraftFanatics (which is a privately owned sportsbook) could not be reached for comment as of the time this article went to print.

/—\—/—\

And now, the real reason this feature is being discontinued:

Somewhere, the weekly ELO ratings for a handful of League members got overwritten by the default value of 300. This gave me odd lines of Angela Wassermann being a slight favorite over Yoshii Nakamatsu this week, or Terrance Stevens as a favorite against Diego Rodriguez.

Sure, I could go back and redo everything ELO-related from the start of The League until now to fix the issues, but that’s a bit too much work. So it’s easier to just scrap the entire thing and try to figure out a better solution to use for the future. The long-term ratings I will keep for assorted uses, as those are less likely to get fouled up on a consistent basis.

Plus, with as many freaking ads I see for DraftKings, Fanatics Sportsbook, et al online, I had to take a potshot at them when I could!

• Like 3