The League, Redux: Seasons 8 and Beyond Game Thread

On 9/10/2022 at 10:01 AM, ShadowedFlames said:

GMPC Stat Updates are done on varying schedules during the season based on the division the GMPC is in. This is done to give PCs who update stats more often a better chance to climb out of the lower divisions ahead of other GMPCs by giving them more chances to “out-stat” their opponents. The update schedule is as follows:

• Alpha Division: after every even week (2, 4, 6…) and week 13.

Week 5 is the only off week for GMPC inputs. Alpha gets Week 13 for those in Championship contention or trying to fight off relegation to get one last update in, otherwise they typically wait until season’s end. But the option is there.

1 hour ago, ShadowedFlames said:

Week 5 is the only off week for GMPC inputs. Alpha gets Week 13 for those in Championship contention or trying to fight off relegation to get one last update in, otherwise they typically wait until season’s end. But the option is there.

whistles innocently while shoving the post edited blurb under a rug Yep, just like I said. Mmhmm. Me, giving out accidental misinformation? Perish the thought. 😅

• Haha 1

ALPHA DIVISION

It's chaos in Alpha. Only Nuke has a claim on he division lead, but there's 4 people directly behind him so it's not like he can, y'know, relax or anything. Not that he would, but still. No uniques this week, but there's two even rivalries being renewed, we'll see if Blackfield can still run over Ouilette in a new division, and I believe the first appearance this season of everyone's favorite match type, European Rules. Gonna be a good night in Alpha, folks.

(4) Brian Blackfield (3-2, OVR 578) vs. (5) Jean-Paul Ouilette (3-2, OVR 533) [Career: Brian Blackfield, 2 - 0]

I'm not fool enough to bet against The Juggernaut when he's against someone he's previously dominated.

TABLES MATCH: (3) George Mastachas (3-2, OVR 539) vs. (2) Brandy McDonald (3-2, OVR 529) [Career: Tied 3 – 3. Mastachas is 0 – 1 in Tables matches]

Uh...I dunno, man. Neither wrestler's finishers can break tables. Brandy doesn't user her signature that can much, and Mastachas's signature can't either. So it's up to their regular High moves. Mastachas has more, but guaranteed Brandy has access to at least one move that can do it. Meh, coinflip it.

EUROPEAN RULES MATCH: (7) De'siree Mitchell (1-4, OVR 506) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (4-1, OVR 546) [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 5 – 1. Mitchell is 0 – 1 in European Rules matches.]

Nuke ought to win this borderline effortlessly, but hopefully De'siree hangs on to provide a good show at least.

(6) Mel O'Hallister (2-3, OVR 535) vs. (8) The Mastodon (1-4, OVR 527) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

Heart pick. 'Nuff said.

BETA DIVISION

A couple of uniques this week, as well as some high stakes. Priest is not looking like himself so far, and Norris is lined up to make it worse if he can. Meanwhile, Nakamatsu and Molina wrestle for the division lead.

(4) Billy Norris (3-2, OVR 522) vs. (3) Christian Priest (3-2, OVR 583) [First Career Meeting]

The Priest we know ought to win this, but he's been slightly less than dominant this season. You okay, bud? Regardless, I think he can handle this.

(1) Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (2) Lucas Molina (4-1, OVR 493) [First Career Meeting]

I think Molina's better, just a tad. Am I biased? You get. Am I right? Well, we'll see.

(7) Blood River (1-4, OVR 507) vs. (5) Pulsar (2-3, OVR 490) [Career: Pulsar, 2 - 0]

In the battle of two high fliers, the faster one wins. Pulsar is much faster than River.

HARDCORE MATCH: (8) Angela Wassermann (1-4, OVR 481) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (2-3, OVR 512) [Career: Reverend Johnny Gross, 2 – 0. Wassermann is 3 – 0 in Hardcore matches. Gross is 1 – 0 in Hardcore matches.]

This isn't "I believe in Gross". This is "Wasserman is very bad."

GAMMA DIVISION

Three uniques in Gamma, and what should be a relatively easy night for Clay.

HARDCORE MATCH: (3) Diego Rodriguez (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (1) Monty Dhillon (5-0, OVR 542) [First Career Meeting]

While I believe Diego can beat Monty, I don't believe that he will.

(5) Big Scott Weathers (2-3, OVR 500) vs. (2) Kichi Hida (4-1, OVR 478) [First Career Meeting]

Place your bets on whether or not Big Scotty ends his night bleeding. Battered is a given.

(8) Terrance Stevens (0-5, OVR 487) vs. (4) Markus Clay (3-2, OVR 490) [Career: Markus Clay, 5 - 1]

Unbelievably, it seems like Clay will be going into the break with a winning record. Not bad for someone who's only been jobber-tastic so far.

(7) Indigo Rose (1-4, OVR 497) vs. (6) Lance Heartilly (1-4, OVR 450) [First Career Meeting]

Rose is allegedly neck and neck skill wise with Diego, even if this season isn't showing it. She should win here.

DELTA DIVISION

Stevens vs. Nocturne has apparently been saved for Week 7, so once again every match in Delta is a first time meeting, with implications up and down the four match card.

(6) Sterling Silver (2-3, OVR 455) vs. (4) Scott Stevens (3-2, OVR 432) [First Career Meeting]

Stevens is having a good start to his season, and Silver is trying to dig out of a big hole. But you know, Stevens vs. speedy fliers has not gone his way historically. I've got no reason to think differently. The questions here are "is Stevens for real after last season" and "can Silver get out of relegation range and into the promotion race after her bad start".

SUBMISSION MATCH: (5) Diamond (2-3, OVR 488) vs. (8) George Stevens (0-5, OVR 402) [First Career Meeting. Diamond is 1 – 2 in Submission matches.]

How down am I on Diamond? If this wasn't a submission match, I'd still give serious consideration to George winning this. But as he has no submission signatures or finishers, and Diamond has Florentine, well. Still, though...the submissionless party has won these before, so don't count George out entirely.

CAGE MATCH: (7) Mickey Steele (1-4, OVR 407) vs. (3) Nocturne (4-1, OVR 445) [First Career Meeting]

The question here is "can Nocturne respond well to her first loss of the season, or is she rattled". With Roxy sidelined outside of the cage, I think she'll be just fine.

(2) Leon de Ramos (4-1, OVR 417) vs. (1) Rock Sheridan (4-1, OVR 419) [First Career Meeting]

This is a repeat of an Omega clash from last season. Leon won. But this isn't Omega. They've both trained hard since then, and rematches can always go a different way. This is for the undisputed division lead. I choose to believe in Rock. How about you?

• Like 2

spacer.png

Points Rankings: The League - Season 11 Week 5

spacer.png

Cro's Thoughts;

- Fairly static this week as workers are starting to settle in where they belong.

- Hida back on the rise after last week's controversy. I shudder to think of the carnage if she'd been left in Delta for another season.

- Mitchell dropping down the rankings as most expected. Ouilette, however, is not.

- Poor Monty wins his match and still drops points and two ranking positions. That's what beating Terrance Stevens is worth, I guess. If he can pull off wins the next two weeks, he'll finally see some upward progress. "If". I'm already smelling another three-way-war for two promotion spots.

- Mastodon/Priest/McDonald somehow holding down the same 4-6 positions for a fourth straight week. Given the gap above and below them, they may hold position for another week or two even if they continue their sub-par seasons.

• Like 3

So the plan tonight is to get as many matches run as possible, since my usual schedule may be busted this week. Roommate is supposed to be off tomorrow due to working Saturday, but with snow and other such things coming that may not happen. I’m treating things like other human beings actually have some morals and work ethic—I know, WTF is wrong with me?!—and my Tuesday night will be spent in socializing mode instead of doing the lion’s share of League work as is my norm.

That said, I already have standing orders from roughly 70% of PCs that I will throw in the database and spreadsheet tonight, so their matches (if applicable) can also be run. Anything missing can be run Saturday morning before I post the show, as is normal.

EDITED TO ADD: So guess who had to go to work on Tuesday because his coworkers have no morals or work ethic? Looks like I can now get just about everything done save a few matches, and Week Six would be all but ready to be posted Tuesday night.

Edited by ShadowedFlames
  • Like 2

WEEK SIX CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(4) Brian Blackfield (3-2, OVR 578) vs. (5) Jean-Paul Ouilette (3-2, OVR 533)

- Juggernaut does Juggernaut things.

TABLES MATCH: (3) George Mastachas (3-2, OVR 539) vs. (2) Brandy McDonald (3-2, OVR 529)

- Mastachas may not be in championship form, but he's still a top-tier guy.

EUROPEAN RULES MATCH: (7) De'siree Mitchell (1-4, OVR 506) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (4-1, OVR 546)

- Mitchell is tough. So she just may be able to walk away from this one without assistance...

(6) Mel O'Hallister (2-3, OVR 535) vs. (8) The Mastodon (1-4, OVR 527)

- Two absolute monsters with something to prove. This one will be loud.

BETA DIVISION

(4) Billy Norris (3-2, OVR 522) vs. (3) Christian Priest (3-2, OVR 583)

- Slow start to the season for Priest, but a win here is good for second-place and back in the promotion race.

(1) Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (2) Lucas Molina (4-1, OVR 493)

- Winner takes outright lead in the division, and my two bucks is on Molina.

(7) Blood River (1-4, OVR 507) vs. (5) Pulsar (2-3, OVR 490)

- There's no safe bets in a flier battle, but Pulsar is the less unsafe.

HARDCORE MATCH: (8) Angela Wassermann (1-4, OVR 481) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (2-3, OVR 512)

- Gross puts himself back in the picture with a win, and completely punts the season with a loss.

GAMMA DIVISION

HARDCORE MATCH: (3) Diego Rodriguez (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (1) Monty Dhillon (5-0, OVR 542)

- First real test for Monty this season.

(5) Big Scott Weathers (2-3, OVR 500) vs. (2) Kichi Hida (4-1, OVR 478)

- Could be a short, ugly, beat-down.

(8) Terrance Stevens (0-5, OVR 487) vs. (4) Markus Clay (3-2, OVR 490)

- It's been a pretty one-sided match-up so far, and Stevens has done nothing this season to suggest he's ready to turn it around.

(7) Indigo Rose (1-4, OVR 497) vs. (6) Lance Heartilly (1-4, OVR 450)

- Who had this pencilled in as a relegation bout?

DELTA DIVISION

(6) Sterling Silver (2-3, OVR 455) vs. (4) Scott Stevens (3-2, OVR 432)

- Silver does surprisingly well against large opponents. Except when she doesn't.

SUBMISSION MATCH: (5) Diamond (2-3, OVR 488) vs. (8) George Stevens (0-5, OVR 402)

- Diamond actually has a Submission finisher.

CAGE MATCH: (7) Mickey Steele (1-4, OVR 407) vs. (3) Nocturne (4-1, OVR 445)

- The longest of all long-shots.

(2) Leon de Ramos (4-1, OVR 417) vs. (1) Rock Sheridan (4-1, OVR 419)

- This match has probable promotion implications. It could go either way.

• Like 1

From across the Nuclear Bunker we can see something unusual as Nuclear stands in one corner of the training ring as two shadowy, suited figures box each other, one aggressively throwing combinations that are deftly blocked by  the other and countered with jabs until the second man lands a powerful uppercut, finding his moment against the more aggressive and defeated opponent.  Nuclear grunts his approval as the only true and reigning champion and then moves in to talk in hushed tones with his fine Italian-American friend.  Nuclear pulls the fallen suited man to his feet, dazed and rattled, before taking him down with a the same brutal lariat that put him clear at the top of The League once more.

WEEK SIX CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(4) Brian Blackfield (3-2, OVR 578) vs. (5) Jean-Paul Ouilette (3-2, OVR 533) [Career: Brian Blackfield, 2 - 0]

TABLES MATCH: (3) George Mastachas (3-2, OVR 539) vs. (2) Brandy McDonald (3-2, OVR 529) [Career: Tied 3 – 3. Mastachas is 0 – 1 in Tables matches]

EUROPEAN RULES MATCH: (7) De'siree Mitchell (1-4, OVR 506) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (4-1, OVR 546) [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 5 – 1. Mitchell is 0 – 1 in European Rules matches.]

(6) Mel O'Hallister (2-3, OVR 535) vs. (8) The Mastodon (1-4, OVR 527) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

BETA DIVISION

(4) Billy Norris (3-2, OVR 522) vs. (3) Christian Priest (3-2, OVR 583) [First Career Meeting]

(1) Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (2) Lucas Molina (4-1, OVR 493) [First Career Meeting]

(7) Blood River (1-4, OVR 507) vs. (5) Pulsar (2-3, OVR 490) [Career: Pulsar, 2 - 0]

HARDCORE MATCH: (8) Angela Wassermann (1-4, OVR 481) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (2-3, OVR 512) [Career: Reverend Johnny Gross, 2 – 0. Wassermann is 3 – 0 in Hardcore matches. Gross is 1 – 0 in Hardcore matches.]

GAMMA DIVISION

HARDCORE MATCH: (3) Diego Rodriguez (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (1) Monty Dhillon (5-0, OVR 542) [First Career Meeting]

(5) Big Scott Weathers (2-3, OVR 500) vs. (2) Kichi Hida (4-1, OVR 478) [First Career Meeting]

(8) Terrance Stevens (0-5, OVR 487) vs. (4) Markus Clay (3-2, OVR 490) [Career: Markus Clay, 5 - 1]

(7) Indigo Rose (1-4, OVR 497) vs. (6) Lance Heartilly (1-4, OVR 450) [First Career Meeting]

DELTA DIVISION

(6) Sterling Silver (2-3, OVR 455) vs. (4) Scott Stevens (3-2, OVR 432) [First Career Meeting]

SUBMISSION MATCH: (5) Diamond (2-3, OVR 488) vs. (8) George Stevens (0-5, OVR 402) [First Career Meeting. Diamond is 1 – 2 in Submission matches.]

CAGE MATCH: (7) Mickey Steele (1-4, OVR 407) vs. (3) Nocturne (4-1, OVR 445) [First Career Meeting]

(2) Leon de Ramos (4-1, OVR 417) vs. (1) Rock Sheridan (4-1, OVR 419) [First Career Meeting]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US!

• Like 1

So, probably around the middle of this weeks’s show, I’m going to list the currently known teams in full for Tag Team Turmoil as a quick break between matches.

Anyone not already on a team by the time the Week 7 show is posted will be randomly assigned to a team.

This is mainly for PCs: if you have an idea in mind for another for TTT, get them to me ASAP so I can either confirm it or let you know that your choice has already been taken.

WEEK SIX CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

- Juggernaut rolls on here despite JPO's surprising season so far

TABLES MATCH: (3) George Mastachas (3-2, OVR 539) vs. (2) Brandy McDonald (3-2, OVR 529) [Career: Tied 3 – 3. Mastachas is 0 – 1 in Tables matches]

- Genuinely this could decide who's Nuclear's biggest contender for this season.

EUROPEAN RULES MATCH: (7) De'siree Mitchell (1-4, OVR 506) vs. (1) Nuclear Templeton (4-1, OVR 546) [Career: Nuclear Templeton, 5 – 1. Mitchell is 0 – 1 in European Rules matches.]

- This feels like an easy MOTN Contender and yet a chance at the shortest European Rules Match. Nuclear 2-1 in under 25mins

- Sadly not Mastodon's season :(

BETA DIVISION

(4) Billy Norris (3-2, OVR 522) vs. (3) Christian Priest (3-2, OVR 583) [First Career Meeting]

- On paper Priest should be too big for Norris. Fly vs Windscreen but his form so far has been shaky.

(1) Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (2) Lucas Molina (4-1, OVR 493) [First Career Meeting]

- Yoshii's not the biggest but he's as dangerous a striker that Beta Division offers, plus has fantastic grappling skills. However Molina's takes this to the ground and grinds it out in a dull 20 minute grind.

- Mask off? Pulsar's got the season form and the career record here

HARDCORE MATCH: (8) Angela Wassermann (1-4, OVR 481) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (2-3, OVR 512) [Career: Reverend Johnny Gross, 2 – 0. Wassermann is 3 – 0 in Hardcore matches. Gross is 1 – 0 in Hardcore matches.]

- Both undefeated in Hardcore matches, but under-performing this season. I'll back the better striker here but this is a coinflip.

GAMMA DIVISION

HARDCORE MATCH: (3) Diego Rodriguez (4-1, OVR 524) vs. (1) Monty Dhillon (5-0, OVR 542) [First Career Meeting]

- Main Event Monty's running wild brother, he's bettered Priest's impressive performance last season at this stage. Fully expecting a violent beatdown here for Diego.

(5) Big Scott Weathers (2-3, OVR 500) vs. (2) Kichi Hida (4-1, OVR 478) [First Career Meeting]

- There are few wrestlers that can weather the storm of violence that is Hida. Big Scott is not one of them.

- Backing that absurd career record

- I didn't have these two bottoming out GAMMA, so I'll go for the experienced one here.

DELTA DIVISION

(6) Sterling Silver (2-3, OVR 455) vs. (4) Scott Stevens (3-2, OVR 432) [First Career Meeting]

- Another 50/50, but it looks like Stevens has found his footing on his return to the League

SUBMISSION MATCH: (5) Diamond (2-3, OVR 488) vs. (8) George Stevens (0-5, OVR 402) [First Career Meeting. Diamond is 1 – 2 in Submission matches.]

- This almost feels like a match Diamond would lose. Surely not right?

CAGE MATCH: (7) Mickey Steele (1-4, OVR 407) vs. (3) Nocturne (4-1, OVR 445) [First Career Meeting]

- I'm praying for some Steele on Steel violence, but I'm expecting a Nocturne win here.

(2) Leon de Ramos (4-1, OVR 417) vs. (1) Rock Sheridan (4-1, OVR 419) [First Career Meeting]

- Leon's been great so far, as has Rock. Likely decides the Divisional favorite this week, so I'll take the homer pick 😛

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US!

• Like 1

Overnight, I got word from the remainder of the PCs regarding TTT. 

The full field is confirmed. Now comes the part that’s a bit of a nightmare for The League’s front office: seeding the tournament.

The top four seeds are rather easy, since they have at least one former champion in each pairing, and sorting them shouldn’t be too difficult. It’s from #5 on down that is the headache inducer.

If I can get my craptastic Photoshop skills to work, there may be a visual bracket ready by the weekend. Odds are to expect it during week seven, though, as I am admittedly trying to juggle too many plates at the moment with things outside The League as well. (Work, finances, etc.)

I should at least have the full seeding list done by this week’s show, though, so that’s something to look forward to.

• Like 3

Behind the Scenes: One hour until showtime

[AUDIO ONLY]

Will Prydor: Look, we’ve been at this for five weeks. Are you telling me, in five weeks of footage, that we do not have a single usable shot of this guy who’s coming to the ring with Templeton this season?

As-yet-unnamed League Producer: No, sir. It’s like he wants to keep his face hidden.

Will Prydor: Okay, you know what? Fine. If he’s not willing to put a face to his image, we’re going to do it for him.

Producer: Are you sure that’s wise?

Will Prydor: No. But when has that stopped me before?  Tori!!

Tori Montgomery-Prydor: You bellowed, hon?

Will Prydor: Find me the number for Vacant.

Tori Montgomery-Prydor: Vacant?

Will Prydor: Yeah. Vacant. Or “in abeyance” or “to be determined” or whatever they're going by these days. I need them to be a stand-in for someone and let them know I’m willing to pay the going rate for appearances. If Mister Mortis doesn’t want to cooperate with us, then we’ll just settle this matter a different way….

THE LEAGUE: SEASON ELEVEN, WEEK SIX

DELTA DIVISION

zBWrwLg.jpg (2) Leon de Ramos (4-1, OVR 417)

vs.

(Favorite, 50.10%) (1) Rock Sheridan (4-1, OVR 419) 5vWV1hg.jpg

While not a contender for Match of the Night, this was still a competitive bout between two of the three favorites to promote out of the Delta Division this season. In this contest of power versus technique, the edge went to the sheer size of Rock Sheridan, who powered through a fair portion of Leon’s offense. While de Ramos couldn’t get to a point to hit any of his trademarks, Sheridan had no such issues. A Welcome to Tacoma opened the final minute of the bout, dominated by Sheridan, who landed his lariat to score the victory and move, for the moment, into the Delta Division lead!

Rock Sheridan (5-1) def. Leon de Ramos (4-2) via Pinfall (Grit City Lariat) in 12:25.  Rating: **

Changes for Rock Sheridan:  OVR + 3.62, XP + 485.96, no notable damage

Changes for Leon de Ramos:  OVR + 0.41, XP + 121.49, minor damage to head

DELTA DIVISION CAGE MATCH

OndApuF.jpg vC6SXqZ.jpg (7) Mickey Steele (1-4, OVR 407)

vs.

(Favorite, 55.77%) (3) Nocturne (4-1, OVR 445) BEVGy0x.jpg

Everything seemed to favor Nocturne in this contest—Steele was without the services of Roxy Rose, he was 1-4 on the season, and Nocturne was in contention of reclaiming the Delta Division lead with a win. What ended up happening was Nocturne got busted open early after an opening blitz of offense from Steele, and while she recovered well enough to make the match close, the laceration would be her downfall as Steele kept the pressure up and chained a Steele Scissor into the Mickey Finn, and got out of the cage before Nocturne could recover. Steele scores the minor upset, showing he’s not completely out of the running this season!

Mickey Steele (2-4) def. Nocturne (4-2) via Cage Escape (Mickey Finn) in 7:58.  Rating: **

Changes for Mickey Steele:  OVR + 3.85, XP + 483.82, no notable damage

Changes for Nocturne:  OVR + 0.61, XP + 120.96, minor damage to head

TAG TEAM TURMOIL, SEASON ELEVEN: THE TEAMS, PART 1

16. Lance Heartilly and Terrance Stevens

TTT Career Record: 1-4 (Heartilly 0-1, T. Stevens 1-3)

TTT Falls Record: 2-9 (Heartilly 0-2, T. Stevens 2-7)

Bounced unceremoniously in the first round last season, these two Canadians have decided to give it another go. Sportsbooks are already taking wagers on how long they’ll last before fighting each other, especially as both are now in the same division, and the favorite is “between 5 and 10 minutes,” which at the time of this show airing was a 1:4 favorite.

15. Indigo Rose and Nocturne

TTT Career Record: 1-4 (Rose 1-3, Nocturne 0-1)

TTT Falls Record: 4-9 (Rose 4-7, Nocturne 0-2)

Another team bounced early last season, it was Nocturne who approached Rose with the offer to team up again under the premise that “we women technical grapplers need to stick together.” Rose agreed, albeit a bit reluctantly as rumor has it that she was set on asking Ouilette to team with her, and together they look to do better than they did last season.

14. Mickey Steele and Yoshii Nakamatsu

TTT Career Record: 1-3 (Steele N/A, Nakamatsu 1-3)

TTT Falls Record: 4-6 (Steele N/A, Nakamatsu 4-6)

Multiple versions of the story about how these two joined forces are going around The League’s locker rooms. Some say it was Yoshii who initiated the talks. Others say it was Steele, who never broke character in doing so. A few wild rumors even suggest it was Roxy Rose who made the push. Regardless of which (if any) is true, Nakamatsu brings one of the Delta Division’s newest wrestlers under his wing after his falling out with Kichi Hida last season.

13. Scott Stevens and George Stevens

TTT Career Record: 1-1 (Scott 1-1, George N/A)

TTT Falls Record: 3-2 (Scott 3-2, George N/A)

To the surprise of very few, the Stevens dynasty will be in full display at Tag Team Turmoil. Despite some success last season with Nuclear Templeton, Scott has decided to team up with his brother George. Joined at ringside by the Stevens patriarch, Cary, perhaps it is the tag event where George may finally start to settle in to The League and gain some confidence.

DELTA DIVISION SUBMISSION MATCH

0rDaDU8.jpg (5) Diamond (2-3, OVR 488) (Favorite, 53.30%)

vs.

(8) George Stevens (0-5, OVR 402) UOpfoyB.jpg fTtB0pK.jpg

This was a surprising contender for Match of the Night, given that one of the combatants is completely unused to submission wrestling. Instead, George tried to use his overwhelming size advantage over Diamond to simply batter her into giving up. The First Lady showed why she is still a person to respect in The League as she fought through the attempts and started to pick up the pace, taking to the skies to continually knock Stevens down. While the Florentine did not get locked in on the first try, Diamond made sure it would work the second time around after hitting a pair of 24 Karat Kisses in just thirty seconds. Even someone of George’s size couldn’t withstand that amount of punishment, and the Florentine was applied right afterward for the submission victory. Diamond moves to an even record, while George is still searching for his first victory in League competition.

Diamond (3-3) def. George Stevens (0-6) via Submission (Florentine) in 10:41.  Rating: ***

Changes for Diamond:  OVR + 4.71, XP + 525.56, minor damage to head

Changes for George Stevens:  OVR + 1.19, XP + 131.39, minor damage to head

DELTA DIVISION

Nks15x0.jpg (6) Sterling Silver (2-3, OVR 455)  (Favorite, 56.43%)

vs.

(4) Scott Stevens (3-2, OVR 432) fYy1oxq.jpg fTtB0pK.jpg

While one Stevens brother had a Match of the Night contender, the other was essentially squashed. Silver had no issues at all with Scott Stevens, running through the Texan in just under four minutes. Even Maven Deltzer called this a squash in his show recap, in those explicit words, as a logjam begins to take shape in the middle third of the Delta Division standings.

Sterling Silver (3-3) def. Scott Stevens (3-3) via Pinfall (top rope flying clothesline) in 3:47.  Rating: *

Changes for Sterling Silver:  OVR + 2.13, XP + 441.66, no notable damage

Changes for Scott Stevens:  OVR -0.35, XP + 110.42, no notable damage

GAMMA DIVISION

2X2r9qf.jpg (7) Indigo Rose (1-4, OVR 497) (Favorite, 54.22%)

vs.

(6) Lance Heartilly (1-4, OVR 450) 9q89H6M.jpg

On the surface, this appeared to be a competitive match. The reality of the matter is that Heartilly didn’t even need to go to his leglock for the win. A focused attack on the right arm of Rose was sufficient, as two applications of his arm breaker were enough to force the submission before Rose could even consider her DDT variant, much less her submission finisher. Heartilly gains some crucial breathing room in the race to avoid relegation as we near the halfway point of the season.

Lance Heartilly (2-4) def. Indigo Rose (1-5) via Submission (Heartilly Arm Breaker) in 15:28.  Rating: **

Changes for Lance Heartilly:  OVR + 3.77, XP + 560.54, no notable damage

Changes for Indigo Rose:  OVR + 0.43, XP + 140.13, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION

6r4P9L8.jpg (8) Terrance Stevens (0-5, OVR 487)

vs.

(Favorite, 55.65%) (4) Markus Clay (3-2, OVR 490) N0Y594C.jpg

This one was full-throttle from the opening bell, as neither man seemed content to let the other out-pace him. A speed bout naturally was in favor of Clay, but Terrance kept things close with his brawling ability, even if he seemed a little too showboaty on this night. Despite that, it still played to his favor as Clay missed one high risk move too many, opening him up for a Maple Leaf Meltdown that landed flush. Stevens would pick up the victory a few seconds later, scoring a minor upset and once again proving to be a tough draw no matter the circumstances surrounding the match in this Match of the Night contender!

Terrance Stevens (1-5) def. Markus Clay (3-3) via Pinfall (Maple Leaf Meltdown) in 10:48.  Rating: ***

Changes for Terrance Stevens:  OVR + 4.72, XP + 604.46, no notable damage

Changes for Markus Clay:  OVR + 1.19, XP + 151.11, minor damage to head

TAG TEAM TURMOIL, SEASON ELEVEN: THE TEAMS, PART 2

12. Big Scott Weathers and Blood River

TTT Career Record: 3-6 (Weathers 2-3, River 1-3)

TTT Falls Record: 7-14 (Weathers 4-7, River 3-7)

Stranger teams have happened in the annals of wrestling history, but in terms of The League this pairing may be as unique as it gets. While both are rather lax about the rulebook (unless using it was a weapon is allowed), it is Weathers who carries the bulk of the success in this team with a semifinal run in Season Nine.  Can he find luck a second time, teaming with the alleged cultist who is trying to keep his entire organization from imploding beneath him?

11. Diego Rodriguez and Rock Sheridan

TTT Career Record: 2-3 (Rodriguez 2-3, Sheridan N/A)

TTT Falls Record: 6-7 (Rodrigues 6-7, Sheridan N/A)

A prime example of clashing styles, there is a definite change of pace when the technical Rodriguez gives way to the giant powerhouse Sheridan, and vice versa. It is this dichotomy that the pair are hoping will propel them forward as a team, as Sheridan’s debut in Tag Team Turmoil comes alongside the grizzled Spanish veteran.

10. Jean-Paul Ouilette and Pulsar

TTT Career Record: 3-6 (Ouilette 0-3, Pulsar 3-3)

TTT Falls Record: 8-13 (Ouilette 1-6, Pulsar 7-7)

Two men who are doing better than many expected at this point of the season fall into the number ten seed for this tournament. Largely carried by Pulsar, who reached the semifinals last season, it’s a bit difficult to see how a flier and an entertainer will work together, but as last season proved in the opening round, anything can indeed happen when the bell sounds.

9. De’siree Mitchell and Leon de Ramos

TTT Career Record: 3-3 (Mitchell 3-3, de Ramos N/A)

TTT Falls Record: 8-7 (Mitchell 8-7, de Ramos N/A)

A staple of tag team wrestling, this pairing brings League rookie Leon de Ramos in to be the technical counterpart to the bruising De’siree Mitchell. While de Ramos is having a banner season in Delta, Mitchell has been struggling to stay afloat in her fourth season in the Alpha Division. Perhaps she’s hoping that some of the rookie’s shine will rub off on her and give her the boost she needs to remain relevant in the top flight?

GAMMA DIVISION

OOiJTFx.jpg (5) Big Scott Weathers (2-3, OVR 500)

vs.

(Favorite, 55.17%) (2) Kichi Hida (4-1, OVR 478) 4ZAKk1I.jpg

As it was pointed out upthread by Eternal Phoenix, Hida had been on a roll recently, drawing blood in her last four matches. Weathers seemed certain to prevent that from reaching five, as he tried to protect his face from too many blows. In attempting to do so, however, he left himself open for other offensive strikes from Hida, and eventually ate Eternal Violence before Hida leapt into the cover. After the three count, the camera saw that a thin trickle of blood was coming from the forehead of Weathers. It took Hida until the very last move of the match, but her streak moves to five busted-open opponents in a row as she puts down Weathers in what was barely better than a squash.

(Behind the curtain chat: for actual proof of when this happened…

(07:26) Listen to Kichi Hida laugh as she lands the Funhouse Stomp!

(07:45) Hida applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(07:45) The referee angrily shouted at Hida

(07:49) Hida hit a Running Knee Drop

(07:55) Hida picked up Weathers

(08:02) Hida hit a Women's DDT

(08:08) Hida picked up Weathers

(08:14) Big Scott Weathers suffers Eternal Violence as Hida connects with the knee!

(08:14) Weathers started to bleed

(08:18) *** Hida got a three count on Weathers

Kichi Hida (5-1) def. Big Scott Weathers (2-4) via Pinfall (Eternal Violence) in 8:18.  Rating: **

Changes for Kichi Hida:  OVR + 3.42, XP + 556.58, no notable damage

Changes for Big Scott Weathers:  OVR + 0.39, XP + 139.15, moderate damage to head

BETA DIVISION HARDCORE MATCH

aOXlwtV.jpg (8) Angela Wassermann (1-4, OVR 481)

vs.

(Favorite, 64.54%) (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (2-3, OVR 512) d7FEgH5.jpg

Fans of hardcore matches who have been complaining that League hardcore bouts never seem to go outside were happy to see their complaints heard and addressed in this Match of the Night contender. The match spilled outside a little after four minutes had elapsed, and would not return to the ring for the remainder as the two brawled around ringside. Gross would use the environment to his advantage, something Wassermann was clearly not used to from her MMA days, as the guard rail, tables, and even a camera cable were utilized to his benefit before he finally got Wassermann into the dragon sleeper for the submission. After an abysmal start to the season, Gross seems to have found his form just in time for a pivotal week seven matchup against Christian Priest!

Reverend Johnny Gross (3-3) def. Angela Wassermann (1-5) via Submission (Come to Jesus) in 12:29.  Rating: ***

Changes for Reverend Johnny Gross:  OVR + 4.83, XP + 684.44, no notable damage

Changes for Angela Wassermann:  OVR + 1.22, XP + 171.11, minor damage to head

BETA DIVISION

VZFWcYa.jpg hAfQcot.jpg (7) Blood River (1-4, OVR 507)

vs.

(Favorite, 50.77%) (5) Pulsar (2-3, OVR 490) VfA2MW8.jpg

This wasn’t even close. Pulsar is one of the speediest fliers in The League, and he ran circles around Blood River here. Pulsar didn’t even need a finisher, instead utilizing a flipping leg drop from the top rope—something that Brandy McDonald has utilized in the past—to keep River down for three.

Pulsar (3-3) def. Blood River (1-5) via Pinfall (top rope flipping leg drop) in 6:20.  Rating: *

Changes for Pulsar:  OVR + 2.21, XP + 575.62, no notable damage

Changes for Blood River:  OVR -0.36, XP + 143.91, no notable damage

BETA DIVISION

xHVnvxD.jpg (1) Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-1, OVR 524) (Favorite, 60.53%)

vs.

(2) Lucas Molina (4-1, OVR 493) LG3TCXf.jpg

Match of the Night runner-up here, as the winner would emerge as the leader in the Beta Division. These two certainly fought like the prize was worth it, as it was back-and-forth throughout. Molina only needed four minutes to start breaking out trademark holds, with the Juey de Tierra being his opening gambit. Nakamatsu would claw back to an even keel, only for Molina to hit another of his trademarks. This pattern would continue for another eight or so minutes until Molina chained another Juey de Tierra into the San Juan Buster, and that was enough for Molina to earn the pinfall and the Beta Division lead!

Lucas Molina (5-1) def. Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-2) via Pinfall (San Juan Buster) in 13:25.  Rating: ***

Changes for Lucas Molina:  OVR + 4.89, XP + 685.07, minor damage to head

Changes for Yoshii Nakamatsu:  OVR + 1.24, XP + 171.27, minor damage to head

TAG TEAM TURMOIL, SEASON ELEVEN: THE TEAMS, PART 3

8. Billy Norris and Markus Clay

TTT Career Record: 4-6 (Norris 0-3, Clay 4-3)

TTT Falls Record: 10-15 (Norris 1-6, Clay 9-9)

Just breaking into the upper half of the field are a pair of high fliers. Clay has made it out of the first round every season so far, including a semifinal run in Season Eight, and is the driving force behind this team just scraping in at number eight. Norris has been on the wrong side of consecutive 2-0 sweeps over the last two seasons, and looks for the unpredictability of fliers to work in tandem with Clay’s aerial ability to see them through.

7. Kichi Hida and The Mastodon

TTT Career Record: 5-5 (Hida 1-2, Mastodon 4-3)

TTT Falls Record: 12-13 (Hida 4-4, Mastodon 8-9)

The Mastodon, a semifinalist in both Seasons Eight and Nine, was bounced in the first round last season. He was approached by Hida, who went on a good four minute tirade about wanting to see Mastodon’s violence in action and how it had to be better than Nakamatsu’s, and together the pair look to charge through the field, leaving a bloody trail of violence in their wake. This is additionally a reminder that Kichi Hida also holds the unofficial record for Tag Team Turmoil, as she won both falls of a match in just under four-and-a-half minutes two seasons ago.

6. George Mastachas and Lucas Molina

TTT Career Record: 5-5 (Mastachas 2-3, Molina 3-2)

TTT Falls Record: 15-16 (Mastachas 5-6, Molina 10-10)

While Molina and Mel O’Hallister may not be teaming this season, it is that result, plus Mastachas’ own run to the semifinals last season, that propel this team to the number 6 seed in the tournament. There are some who are already calling this team a dark horse to win the entire tournament. A win would make Mastachas just the second wrestler in modern League history to be a “double champion,” or being both the reigning League Champion and reigning Tag Team Turmoil co-champion at the same time, with Brandy McDonald in Season Eight being the other.

5. Christian Priest and Monty Dhillon

TTT Career Record: 6-6 (Priest 5-3, Dhillon 1-3)

TTT Falls Record: 21-18 (Priest 17-12, Dhillon 4-6)

One of the favorite teams last season, Priest and Dhillon were dumped in the second round before their so-called “dream” matchup against the eventual winners of the tournament. Undaunted, the pair have decided to run it back this season, but find themselves a slightly worse seed as the landscape has shifted a little since Season Ten. Still, it’s hard to write their chances off given how well each of them have done in singles competition, not to mention Priest’s experience in reaching the Season Eight TTT finals.

ALPHA DIVISION

wSRPoAi.jpg (6) Mel O'Hallister (2-3, OVR 535)

vs.

(Favorite, 53.24%) (8) The Mastodon (1-4, OVR 527) NSa1kkC.jpg

Another Match of the Night contender, both men needed this one to try to right their seasons after a slower start. O’Hallister took the early lead, dominating Mastodon in the opening minutes, and landed a Dream of the Emerald Isle shy of eight minutes in. Mastodon immediately popped back to his feet, the adrenaline surging, and controlled the next three minutes, continuing even after his adrenaline had faded. However, Mastodon got caught unawares with a low blow, which the ref berated O’Hallister for, and the Irishman paid the official no heed as he grabbed Mastodon and hit a second Dream to get the pin. Mastodon, who finished third in The League last season, finds himself in deep, deep trouble as he has a massive hole to dig out of to avoid relegation, as the punishment to his head continues to accumulate…

Mel O'Hallister (3-3) def. The Mastodon (1-5) via Pinfall (Dream of the Emerald Isle) in 12:33.  Rating: ***

Changes for Mel O'Hallister:  OVR + 4.84, XP + 789.79, no notable damage

Changes for The Mastodon:  OVR + 1.22, XP + 197.45, moderate damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION EUROPEAN RULES MATCH

T7PlxOP.jpg (7) De'siree Mitchell (1-4, OVR 506)

vs.

(Favorite, 86.17%) (1) Nuclear Templeton (4-1, OVR 546) FqeSGy6.jpg KufawJO.jpg

Frankie Garnett: So, what’s next, Bob?

Bob Sinclair: European Rules.

Frankie Garnett: Already? I figured that would be later in the card!

Bob Sinclair:  How so?

Frankie Garnett: I mean…she’s almost pulling a Christian Priest level of match performance this season. I expected that to be further in the card!

Bob Sinclair: Alas, Frankie, it’s because of her poor record that we’re having this match now.

Frankie Garnett: …ah. All right then, shall we get to it?

Bob Sinclair: Indeed we shall. Here’s the bell, and round one is underway!

(00:08) Mitchell applied a Hammerlock

(00:15) Nuclear avoided a Forearm To Back Of Head.

(00:18) Mitchell countered a Side Headlock Closed Fist with a Punch

(00:22) Nuclear stopped a Single Leg Trip by rushing Mitchell

(00:26) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Slap

(00:30) Nuclear hit an Eye Poke

(00:34) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Slap

(00:40) Mitchell avoided a Forearm Blow.

(00:54) Mitchell applied a Front Facelock

(01:01) Mitchell hit a Single Leg Trip

(01:06) Nuclear broke an Elbow Drop On Knee

(01:20) Nuclear hit a Side Headlock Closed Fist

(01:20) The referee warned Nuclear

(01:24) Nuclear hit a Knife Edge Chop

(01:32) Nuclear hit a Double Axe Handle Smash

(01:38) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(01:41) Nuclear hit a Forearm Blow

(01:45) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Chop

(01:49) Nuclear hit a Fist Drop

(02:09) Nuclear applied a Rear Chinlock

(02:15) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(02:18) Nuclear hit a Forearm Blow

(02:22) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Chop

(02:28) Nuclear picked up Mitchell from behind

(02:32) Nuclear hit a Forearm To Back Of Head

(02:48) Nuclear hit an Arm Wringer Smash

(02:52) Mitchell slipped out of the back of a Side Headlock Closed Fist

(02:58) Nuclear avoided a Forearm To Back.

(03:02) Mitchell blocked a Toss To Corner

(03:06) Nuclear hit a Headbutt

(03:16) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(03:19) Nuclear hit a Punch

(03:23) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Slap

(03:26) Nuclear hit a Jab Punch

(03:29) Nuclear hit a Forearm Blow

(03:34) Mitchell blocked a Biel Throw

(03:40) Nuclear hit a Roundhouse Punch

(03:59) Nuclear applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(03:59) The referee gave Nuclear a stern warning

(04:06) Mitchell very easily avoided a Stomp Flurry.

(04:14) Mitchell applied a Hammerlock

(04:28) Mitchell applied an Arm Wringer

(04:33) Nuclear blocked an Inverted Drop Toe Hold

(04:41) Nuclear got a rope break to stop a Front Facelock

(04:55) Mitchell applied a Side Headlock

(05:00) Nuclear blocked a Snap Mare Takedown

(05:00) The round ended

Frankie Garnett: Did Mitchell get any sort of offense in that round, Bob?

Bob Sinclair: Very little. She spent the majority of it on defense.

Frankie Garnett: Which, I mean…she was a defensive nose tackle. That makes sense. But it still doesn’t help her chances whatsoever!

(05:04) Nuclear blocked a Double Leg Trip

(05:08) Nuclear hit an Eye Poke

(05:08) The referee warned Nuclear

(05:12) Nuclear hit a Knife Edge Chop

(05:19) Nuclear picked up Mitchell from behind

(05:23) Nuclear hit a Forearm To Back Of Head

(05:27) Nuclear hit a Forearm To Back

(05:35) Mitchell got a rope break to stop a Hammerlock

(05:38) Nuclear hit a Forearm Blow

(05:42) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Slap

(05:45) Nuclear hit a Jab Punch

(05:49) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Slap

(05:53) Nuclear hit an Eye Poke

(05:56) Nuclear hit a Jab Punch

(06:03) Mitchell avoided a Running Forearm Blow.

(06:17) Mitchell applied a Side Headlock

(06:24) Mitchell hit a Side Headlock Takedown

(06:28) Mitchell hit a Knee Drop

(06:36) Nuclear Templeton moved out of the way from an Elbow Drop.

(06:43) Mitchell very easily avoided a Seated Back Kick.

(06:57) Mitchell applied a Front Facelock

(07:04) Mitchell hit a Side Headlock Takedown

(07:08) Mitchell hit a Stomp

(07:12) Mitchell hit a Fist Drop

(07:26) Mitchell applied an Arm Bar

(07:34) Nuclear Templeton moved out of the way from a Fist Drop.

(07:51) Nuclear hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry

(08:10) Nuclear applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(08:10) The referee gave Nuclear a stern warning

(08:14) Nuclear hit a Seated Back Kick

(08:22) Nuclear hit a Double Axe Handle Smash

(08:42) Nuclear applied a Rear Chinlock

(08:59) Nuclear hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry

(09:18) Nuclear applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(09:18) The referee angrily told off Nuclear

(09:38) Nuclear applied a Rear Chinlock

(09:45) Mitchell easily avoided a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry.

(09:52) Mitchell hit a Snap Mare Takedown

(10:00) Mitchell applied a Rear Chinlock

(10:00) The round ended

Bob Sinclair: Mitchell got a little more offense in that round, but I think it was still clearly Nuclear in control.

Frankie Garnett: If this keeps up, Bob, we may be looking at under four rounds for this one to be over!

Bob Sinclair: That’d be a record, if memory serves.

Frankie Garnett: Indeed, as it would pass the marquee contest in The League’s history. That of course being Christian Priest and Sterling Silver in Season Nine that just barely got into the fifth round.

(10:14) Mitchell applied a Front Facelock

(10:17) Mitchell hit a Forearm Blow

(10:21) Mitchell hit a Japanese Binta

(10:25) Mitchell hit an Open Handed Chop

(10:30) Nuclear blocked a Kick To Gut

(10:40) Nuclear avoided a Forearm Blow.

(10:52) Nuclear hit a Biel Throw

(10:58) Mitchell very easily avoided a Seated Back Kick.

(11:02) Nuclear blocked a Single Leg Trip

(11:16) Mitchell applied a Front Facelock

(11:20) Mitchell hit a Japanese Binta

(11:23) Mitchell hit a Jab Punch

(11:30) Mitchell hit a Single Leg Trip

(11:40) Nuclear Templeton moved out of the way from an Elbow Drop.

(11:50) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(11:56) Nuclear hit a Roundhouse Punch

(12:00) Nuclear hit a Seated Back Kick

(12:19) Nuclear applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(12:19) The referee angrily told off Nuclear

(12:26) Mitchell very easily avoided a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry.

(12:33) Mitchell hit a Side Headlock Takedown

(12:37) Mitchell hit a Knee Drop

(12:41) Nuclear broke a Legdrop To Arm

(12:45) Mitchell broke a Biel Throw

(12:49) Nuclear blocked a Double Leg Trip

(13:03) Mitchell applied a Side Headlock

(13:17) Mitchell applied a Front Facelock

(13:20) Nuclear wasn't fazed by a Forearm Blow

(13:23) Mitchell hit a Punch

(13:37) Mitchell applied a Side Headlock

(13:51) Mitchell applied a Front Facelock

(13:54) Nuclear wasn't fazed by a Punch

(13:59) Nuclear broke a Side Headlock

(14:04) Mitchell blocked a Biel Throw

(14:08) Mitchell blocked a Biel Throw

(14:11) Mitchell hit a Forearm Blow

(14:14) Nuclear wasn't fazed by a Punch

(14:18) Mitchell hit a Headbutt

(14:18) Nuclear started to bleed

(14:32) Mitchell applied a Front Facelock

(14:46) Mitchell applied a Side Headlock

(14:49) Nuclear wasn't fazed by a Forearm Blow

(14:53) Nuclear wasn't fazed by a Slap To Chest

(15:00) Mitchell hit a Running Clothesline

(15:00) The round ended

Frankie Garnett: Finally, some life from Mitchell there but Nuclear didn’t seem fazed by any of it!

Bob Sinclair: Indeed, Frankie. De’siree may need another round or two just like that if she wants to have a chance. But can she do that before Templeton grows tired of the whole thing?

Frankie Garnett: Honestly? Probably not.

(15:07) Nuclear hit a Running Forearm Blow

(15:13) Nuclear picked up Mitchell from behind

(15:29) Nuclear hit a Full Nelson Bomb

(15:38) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(15:50) Nuclear hit a Power Bodyslam

(15:54) Nuclear hit an Elbow Drop

(16:04) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(16:16) Nuclear hit a Power Bodyslam

(16:23) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(16:27) Mitchell broke a Gut Buster

(16:32) Nuclear broke an Inverted Drop Toe Hold

(16:44) Nuclear hit a Powerbomb

(16:49) Mitchell fought back against being picked up

(16:56) Mitchell hit an Inverted Drop Toe Hold

(17:00) Mitchell hit a Fist Drop

(17:05) Nuclear broke an Arm Bar

(17:17) What a Power Surge by Nuclear Templeton!

(17:25) Nuclear picked up Mitchell

(17:39) De'siree Mitchell just got laid out with a Radiation Spike!

(17:43) Mitchell fought back against being picked up

(17:50) Mitchell hit a Side Headlock Takedown

(17:54) Mitchell hit an Elbow Drop On Knee

(17:58) Mitchell hit a Knee Drop

(18:05) Mitchell hit a Knee Pull

(18:09) Nuclear broke a Rear Chinlock

(18:13) Mitchell slipped out of the back of a Strong Gut Buster

(18:17) Nuclear slipped out of the back of a Hammerlock

(18:21) Mitchell countered an Electric Chair Drop with a Kick To Knee

(18:29) Mitchell applied a Hammerlock

(18:33) Nuclear blocked a Top Wrist Lock

(18:37) Mitchell hit a Forearm To Back Of Head

(18:42) Nuclear broke an Arm Wringer Smash

(18:49) Nuclear hit a Strong Charging Forearm

(19:09) Nuclear failed to get a count out

(19:25) Nuclear hit a Press Powerslam

(19:29) Nuclear got a near pinfall

(19:39) Nuclear Templeton nearly took De'siree Mitchell's head off with that Armageddon Lariat!

Bob Sinclair: Cover by Nuclear…one, two, three! First fall to Templeton!

Frankie Garnett: I think I saw a tooth fly out, Bob! He hit her that hard!

Bob Sinclair: Yeah, come to think of it. I’ve seen football tackles less violent than that…

** Nuclear Templeton leads 1 fall to 0.

(19:49) Mitchell broke a Press Powerslam by falling on top of Nuclear

(19:54) Mitchell got a one count

(20:00) Mitchell hit a Double Leg Trip

(20:00) The round ended

Bob Sinclair: De’siree Mitchell may have just been saved by the bell; she still looked a little loopy on offense in those last few seconds.

Frankie Garnett: Given Nuclear’s attacking style, Bob, I’m not sure if that’s the right choice of phrase. Perhaps “the calm before the storm.”

(20:04) Mitchell blocked a Radiation Spike

(20:08) Mitchell blocked a Radiation Spike

(20:22) Mitchell applied a Side Headlock

(20:25) Mitchell hit a Punch

(20:28) Mitchell hit a Jab Punch

(20:32) Mitchell hit a Kick To Thigh

(20:35) Mitchell hit a Jab Punch

(20:39) Nuclear wasn't fazed by an Open Handed Chop

(20:53) Mitchell applied a Side Headlock

(20:57) Mitchell hit a Slap To Chest

(21:04) Mitchell hit a Single Leg Trip

(21:08) Mitchell hit a Fist Drop

(21:15) Mitchell hit a Legdrop To Arm

(21:22) Mitchell hit a Knee Pull

(21:26) Mitchell hit an Elbow Drop On Knee

(21:30) Nuclear blocked a Body Scissors

(21:44) Mitchell applied an Arm Bar

(21:48) Mitchell hit an Elbow Drop On Knee

(22:02) Mitchell applied an Arm Bar

(22:16) Mitchell applied a Knee Bar

(22:27) Mitchell hit a Mounted Punch Flurry

(22:31) Mitchell hit a Seated Back Kick

(22:36) Nuclear blocked a Rear Naked Punch Flurry

(22:41) Nuclear broke a Face Rub Taunt

(22:45) Nuclear hit an Open Handed Slap

(22:59) De'siree Mitchell just got laid out with a Radiation Spike!

(23:19) Nuclear applied a Rear Chinlock

(23:36) Nuclear hit a Double Axe Handle Smash Flurry

(23:40) Mitchell fought back against being picked up

(23:52) Mitchell hit a Forearm Flurry

(23:59) Mitchell hit a Women's DDT

(24:14) Mitchell hit a Stomp Flurry

(24:18) Mitchell hit a Seated Back Kick

(24:25) Nuclear Templeton moved out of the way from a Leaping Elbow Drop.

(24:45) Nuclear applied a Rear Chinlock

(25:00) Nuclear applied a Rope-Assisted Choke Hold

(25:00) The referee angrily shouted at Nuclear

(25:00) The round ended

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, if Mitchell can’t get Nuclear to a point where the Blitz may come into play, this is likely over in the next round.

Frankie Garnett: I can’t argue it. Templeton has been a force and Mitchell is holding on by any means necessary. It’s a wonder she survived round five after that lariat the round before!

(25:04) Nuclear countered a Hammerlock with a Face Rake

(25:04) The referee warned Nuclear

(25:20) Nuclear hit a Press Powerslam

(25:25) Nuclear got a two count

(25:37) Nuclear hit a Double Underhook Powerbomb

(25:42) Mitchell fought back against being picked up

(25:49) Mitchell hit a Women's DDT

(26:09) Mitchell applied a Rear Chinlock

(26:14) Nuclear broke a Body Scissors

(26:30) Nuclear hit a Press Powerslam

(26:34) Nuclear got a two count

(27:00) De'siree Mitchell is caught in a Radiation Leak!

Frankie Garnett: That should do it!

Bob Sinclair: Mitchell isn’t even struggling, I think she’s already out on her feet…yep, the ref just called for the bell! This one is over as Nuclear Templeton gets the sweep in this match over a game De’siree Mitchell!

Frankie Garnett: I’ll give her credit for making him work for it, but that surely cannot have helped her chances for the remainder of this season, Bob. She’s going to be feeling this one for weeks!

Nuclear Templeton (5-1) def. De'siree Mitchell (1-5), two falls to none, in 27:13.  Rating: ***

Fall 1: Templeton via pinfall (Armageddon Lariat), 19:45

Fall 2: Templeton via submission (Radiation Leak), 27:13

Changes for Nuclear Templeton:  OVR + 6.40, XP + 951.23, minor damage to head

Changes for De'siree Mitchell:  OVR + 0.89, XP + 350.31, major damage to head, minor damage to body

This was the Match of the Night (5 [2 this season] for Nuclear Templeton, 6 [4 this season] for De'siree Mitchell)

ALPHA DIVISION TABLES MATCH

FXyrc6C.jpg (3) George Mastachas (3-2, OVR 539) (Favorite, 59.30%)

vs.

(2) Brandy McDonald (3-2, OVR 529) gGexPKo.jpg

Winner here would have the inside track to be a major threat to Templeton atop the Alpha Division. This clash of champions saw the Season Eight champion get to an early advantage, but the size disadvantage would turn the tables in favor of the reigning champion before too much time had passed. Mastachas would continue to press the advantage, waiting until just past the thirteen-minute mark of the match to introduce the table into the contest. By all wrestling rules, this should mean that he would be the one to go through the table. That was not the case here, as less than a minute later Mastachas used a hammerlock powerbomb to drive McDonald through the table, and keep pace with Templeton at the top of the division.

George Mastachas (4-2) def. Brandy McDonald (3-3) via Table Break (hammerlock powerbomb) in 14:22.  Rating: **

Changes for George Mastachas:  OVR + 3.84, XP + 730.34, minor damage to head

Changes for Brandy McDonald:  OVR + 0.67, XP + 182.59, minor damage to head

GAMMA DIVISION HARDCORE MATCH

G4sbiHU.jpg (3) Diego Rodriguez (4-1, OVR 524)

vs.

(Favorite, 56.78%) (1) Monty Dhillon (5-0, OVR 542) vz0qqDp.jpg

To Diego’s credit, at least he avoided this being a squash. To his detriment, he didn’t provide much of a challenge to Monty. Dhillon puts together one of the fastest Gamma Division bouts ever, just sneaking in under the five-minute mark as he doesn’t even need a finisher to put the Spanish technician away.

Monty Dhillon (6-0) def. Diego Rodriguez (4-2) via Pinfall (western brainbuster suplex) in 4:59.  Rating: **

Changes for Monty Dhillon:  OVR + 3.25, XP + 554.75, no notable damage

Changes for Diego Rodriguez:  OVR + 0.37, XP + 138.69, no notable damage

TAG TEAM TURMOIL, SEASON ELEVEN: THE TEAMS, PART 4

4. Angela Wassermann and Diamond

TTT Career Record: 9-5 (Wassermann 2-3, Diamond 7-2)

TTT Falls Record: 32-30 (Wassermann 5-7, Diamond 27-23)

After the shocking first-round exit of two-time finalists (and Season Eight TTT champions) Brandy McDonald and Diamond in last season’s tournament, a rather acrimonious split finds Diamond teaming with a former MMA champion in Angela Wassermann. While Wassermann may be struggling this season, she still brings a hard-hitting offensive style to run counter to Diamond’s speed. But will it be enough for both women to overcome the poor starts to their respective seasons?

3. Brandy McDonald and Nuclear Templeton

TTT Career Record: 10-5 (McDonald 7-2, Templeton 3-3)

TTT Falls Record: 35-31 (McDonald 27-23, Templeton 8-8)

The other half of the Season Eight champions finds herself teaming with an Alpha Division rival in a pairing that very few would have guessed was coming. Templeton is known for not playing well with others, and doesn’t think much of a tag team event, but he has shown surprising aptitude in the discipline given a semifinal run in Season Eight and a round two exit last season. Will teaming with a former champion be the key to making a lot of men in fancy suits very happy?

2. Mel O’Hallister and Sterling Silver

TTT Career Record: 11-3 (O’Hallister 7-2, Silver 4-1)

TTT Falls Record: 46-28 (O’Hallister 27-18, Silver 19-10)

The Season Nine champions are teaming to defend the titles they never got to defend thanks to Silver’s knee injury. O’Hallister has proven himself a deft hand in the tag ranks, as he and Lucas Molina reached the finals last season, but this season aims to bring either closure to this duo’s dream of a successful defense, or more angst in Season Twelve if Mel and Lucas Molina need to exchange words a second time.

1. Brian Blackfield and Reverend Johnny Gross

TTT Career Record: 12-4 (Blackfield 4-2, Gross 8-2)

TTT Falls Record: 46-28 (Blackfield 16-8, Gross 28-14)

It’s a matter of splitting hairs when determining the top seed for this tournament. In the end, despite both men having slightly worse seasons than expected, the nod was given to the reigning and defending Tag Team Turmoil champions. Gross has the experience in this pair, reaching the Season Eight finals with Christian Priest and then winning the event last season with Blackfield. The Juggernaut struggled in Seasons Eight and Nine, never advancing out of the first round until teaming with Priest, and tensions seem to be running tight in that pairing at the pressure of having to retain their titles.

BETA DIVISION

6fYIC71.jpg (4) Billy Norris (3-2, OVR 522)

vs.

(Favorite, 59.64%) (3) Christian Priest (3-2, OVR 583) YICOeYe.jpg MZ2VDcB.jpg

Another Match of the Night contender, Priest got out to an early lead but couldn’t contain the speed of Norris forever. The Australian fought back, using his speed to keep Priest off-balance, and it wasn’t until Priest avoided Norris’ new finisher, a springboard 450 that Norris calls the Bonzer Splash, that the larger man started to make a comeback. It only took Priest three minutes after the missed Bonzer Splash to finally hit his big powerbomb, score a pinfall, and remain within striking distance of the division-leading Lucas Molina!

Christian Priest (4-2) def. Billy Norris (3-3) via Pinfall (Judgement) in 11:12.  Rating: ***

Changes for Christian Priest:  OVR + 4.75, XP + 683.57, minor damage to head

Changes for Billy Norris:  OVR + 1.20, XP + 170.89, minor damage to head

ALPHA DIVISION

Lp89uMT.jpg (4) Brian Blackfield (3-2, OVR 578) (Favorite, 70.16%)

vs.

(5) Jean-Paul Ouilette (3-2, OVR 533) p1IFTGG.jpg hYlEAC2.jpg

Despite this being one of the longer matches on the card, it did not cause a lot of excitement in the crowd or the viewers for some reason. Blackfield had a few stretches of offense, as did Ouilette, and as the match progressed many seemed surprised that Ouilette was able to hang with The Juggernaut given how their two matches went last season in Beta. Perhaps even more surprising to people was the ending, as Ouilette missed Le Petit Mort once, only for Blackfield to not attempt a cover. A minute later, Ouilette had Blackfield down, this time landed the elbow drop…and Blackfield never popped to his feet for an adrenaline rush. Ouilette seemed confused for a second, and it wasn’t until Cecile Corine at ringside started shouting in French that Ouilette dropped into the cover, and scored the massive upset with a pinfall victory over The Juggernaut! Blackfield’s three losses this season matches his career total in losses prior to Season Eleven.

Jean-Paul Ouilette (4-2) def. Brian Blackfield (3-3) via Pinfall (Le Petit Mort) in 15:28.  Rating: *

Changes for Jean-Paul Ouilette:  OVR + 2.52, XP + 670.21, no notable damage

Changes for Brian Blackfield:  OVR -0.42, XP + 167.55, minor damage to head

/\/\/\/\/\/\

STANDINGS AFTER SEASON ELEVEN, WEEK SIX

ALPHA DIVISION

1.  Nuclear Templeton:  5-1, ATV 18:08, (AMR 2.333), OVR 552.27

2.  George Mastachas:  4-2, ATV 16:12, (AMR 2.333), OVR 542.46

3.  Jean-Paul Ouilette:  4-2, ATV 19:18, (AMR 2.333), OVR 535.99

4.  Brandy McDonald:  3-3, ATV 14:22, (AMR 2.500), OVR 529.53

5.  Brian Blackfield:  3-3, ATV 17:43, (AMR 2.333), OVR 577.46

6.  Mel O'Hallister:  3-3, ATV 15:30, (AMR 2.833), OVR 540.07

7.  De'siree Mitchell:  1-5, ATV 11:12, (AMR 3.000), OVR 506.84

8.  The Mastodon:  1-5, ATV 17:39, (AMR 2.667), OVR 527.73

4-2 is broken by ATV (their match is next week)

McDonald wins the three-way tie via ATV (she faces O’Hallister next week), Blackfield wins the ensuing tie via H2H

1-5 is broken by ATV (their match is also next week)

BETA DIVISION

1.  Lucas Molina:  5-1, ATV 14:35 (AMR 2.667), OVR 497.40

2.  Yoshii Nakamatsu:  4-2, ATV 11:55 (AMR 2.167), OVR 525.51

3.  Christian Priest:  4-2, ATV 10:38 (AMR 2.333), OVR 587.74

4.  Pulsar:  3-3, ATV 8:44 (AMR 2.167), OVR 491.94

5.  Billy Norris:  3-3, ATV 10:59 (AMR 2.667), OVR 522.91

6.  Reverend Johnny Gross:  3-3, ATV 14:26 (AMR 2.500), OVR 516.92

7.  Blood River:  1-5, ATV 10:39 (AMR 2.000), OVR 507.08

8.  Angela Wassermann:  1-5, ATV 9:54 (AMR 2.167), OVR 482.14

Nakamatsu holds H2H over Priest

Pulsar wins combined H2H, then Norris holds remaining H2H over Gross

River holds H2H over Wassermann

GAMMA DIVISION

1.  Monty Dhillon:  6-0, ATV 9:04, (AMR 2.167), OVR 545.74

2.  Kichi Hida:  5-1, ATV 10:43, (AMR 2.333), OVR 481.66

3.  Diego Rodriguez:  4-2, ATV 10:20, (AMR 2.000), OVR 523.87

4.  Markus Clay:  3-3, ATV 10:39, (AMR 2.500), OVR 491.46

5.  Big Scott Weathers:  2-4, ATV 11:12, (AMR 2.167), OVR 500.05

6.  Lance Heartilly:  2-4, ATV 12:45, (AMR 1.833), OVR 453.44

7.  Indigo Rose:  1-5, ATV 13:25, (AMR 2.167), OVR 497.90

8.  Terrance Stevens:  1-5, ATV 10:48, (AMR 2.500), OVR 491.38

2-4 is broken by ATV (their match is next week)

Rose holds H2H over Stevens

DELTA DIVISION

1.  Rock Sheridan:  5-1, ATV 10:10 (AMR 2.667), OVR 422.70

2.  Leon de Ramos:  4-2, ATV 12:19 (AMR 2.333), OVR 417.55

3.  Nocturne:  4-2, ATV 9:48 (AMR 2.167), OVR 445.19

4.  Sterling Silver:  3-3, ATV 6:23 (AMR 2.000), OVR 457.16

5.  Scott Stevens:  3-3, ATV 7:53 (AMR 1.833), OVR 431.33

6.  Diamond:  3-3, ATV 9:57 (AMR 2.500), OVR 492.41

7.  Mickey Steele:  2-4, ATV 6:54 (AMR 2.333), OVR 410.40

8.  George Stevens:  0-6, ATV 0:00 (AMR 2.167), OVR 403.11

de Ramos holds H2H over Nocturne

The 3-3 tie has all members at 1-1 in combined H2H matchups. In those matchups, Silver has the fastest ATV, so she wins the initial tie. S. Stevens then holds H2H over Diamond.

PREDICTION STANDINGS

(Reminder: The official scores will have the lowest two weeks dropped at the end of the season, and will start to be shown as such after Week Eight.)

1. Eternal Phoenix: 64 (this week: 12)

2. Croquemitaine: 58 (this week: 11)

3. SeanMcG: 52 (this week: 9)

4. Derek B: 48 (this week: 8 )

5. Jman2k3: 33 (this week: 0)

WEEK SEVEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(1) Nuclear Templeton (5-1, OVR 552) vs. (5) Brian Blackfield (3-3, OVR 577) [First Career Matchup]

(2) George Mastachas (4-2, OVR 542) vs. (3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (4-2, OVR 536) [First Career Matchup]

(4) Brandy McDonald (3-3, OVR 530) vs. (6) Mel O'Hallister (3-3, OVR 540) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

(8) The Mastodon (1-5, OVR 528) vs. (7) De'siree Mitchell (1-5, OVR 507) [Career: The Mastodon, 4 - 2]

BETA DIVISION

(3) Christian Priest (4-2, OVR 588) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (3-3, OVR 517) [First Career Matchup]

(7) Blood River (1-5, OVR 507) vs. (5) Billy Norris (3-3, OVR 523) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

(8) Angela Wassermann (1-5, OVR 482) vs. (2) Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-2, OVR 526) [Career: Yoshii Nakamatsu, 2 - 0]

(4) Pulsar (3-3, OVR 492) vs. (1) Lucas Molina (5-1, OVR 497) [First Career Matchup]

GAMMA DIVISION

(1) Monty Dhillon (6-0, OVR 546) vs. (2) Kichi Hida (5-1, OVR 482) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

(8) Terrance Stevens (1-5, OVR 491) vs. (3) Diego Rodriguez (4-2, OVR 524) [Career: Tied 1 - 1]

(4) Markus Clay (3-3, OVR 491) vs. (7) Indigo Rose (1-5, OVR 498) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

HARDCORE MATCH: (6) Lance Heartilly (2-4, OVR 453) vs. (5) Big Scott Weathers (2-4, OVR 500) [First Career Matchup]

DELTA DIVISION

(6) Diamond (3-3, OVR 492) vs. (7) Mickey Steele (2-4, OVR 410) [First Career Matchup]

(3) Nocturne (4-2, OVR 445) vs. (5) Scott Stevens (3-3, OVR 431) [Career: Tied 1 - 1]

(2) Leon de Ramos (4-2, OVR 418) vs. (4) Sterling Silver (3-3, OVR 457) [First Career Matchup]

(1) Rock Sheridan (5-1, OVR 423) vs. (8) George Stevens (0-6, OVR 403) [First Career Matchup]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US!

Edited by ShadowedFlames
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Week 6 Quick Thoughts (Fun Fact: We’re just about pacing the anime season week for week!)

Delta

Rock Sheridan def. Leon de Ramos

Mickey Steele def. Nocturne

Diamond def. George Stevens

Sterling Silver def. Scott Stevens

Rock solidifies his hold on the division lead. Steele says he ain’t dead yet with a defiant win. And Diamond and Silver come through. Bossman is right. Middle third’s a logjam. But I think we can safely say that the top three aren’t going anywhere and that poor George isn’t, either. Alas.

Gamma

Lance Heartilly def. Indigo Rose

Terrance Stevens def. Markus Clay

Kichi Hida def. Big Scott Weathers

Monty Dhillon def. Diego Rodriguez

Monty and Kichi are running away with the division. Diego had a shot to hang with them, but turns out he couldn’t do it. Clay of all people is in the middle, and everyone else has just made themselves irrelevant with loss after loss. Gamma’s shockingly uncompetitive after how narrow last season was.

Beta

Reverend Johnny Gross def. Angela Wasserman

Pulsar def. Blood River

Lucas Molina def. Yoshii Nakamatsu

Christian Priest def. Billy Norris

Beta, though, is looking like Delta. Two at the bottom, a trio at the top, and three wide logjam in the middle. Molina takes the lead, but Priest won’t be left behind. Pulsar hasn’t tanked yet, somehow. Wasserman and River are in absolute freefall.

Alpha

Mel O’Hallister def. The Mastodon

Nuclear Templeton def. De’siree Mitchell

George Mastachas def. Brandy McDonald

Jean-Paul Ouilette def. Brian Blackfield

I did predict that Blackfield would exceed his total career losses this season, but I didn’t think it’d potentially happen by midseason. Juggernaut’s hit that wall, it seems. Nuke is doing Nuke things. Mastachas is pacing him, mostly. Ouilette is a shocking development nobody saw coming. Mastodon last season was apparently a flash in the pan. De’siree is doomed, but we all knew that. Brandy and Mel are…doing okay? Yeah, they’re okay.

• Like 1

"Vacant?!  VACANT?!"

The shadowy figure shouting at the other slightly smaller, slightly less well dressed shadowy figures slams his fist down on the table, almost knockig over the dull lamp that only illiminates a list of names that looks suspiciously like the matches for next week.

"Nuclear is already furious that he's not getting the main events he deserves as the true champion and now The League are making moves against us directly.  This will not stand"

The atmosphere is tense but the shadowy men in sharp suits know what this means, almost as if they've done this many times before, though no-one would be able to prove this.  Business has been going well, but there is always someone out of favour and they will no doubt be sent to the Nuclear Bunker to inform Nuclear of exactly what is going on.....

WEEK SEVEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

(1) Nuclear Templeton (5-1, OVR 552) vs. (5) Brian Blackfield (3-3, OVR 577) [First Career Matchup]

(2) George Mastachas (4-2, OVR 542) vs. (3) Jean-Paul Ouilette (4-2, OVR 536) [First Career Matchup]

(4) Brandy McDonald (3-3, OVR 530) vs. (6) Mel O'Hallister (3-3, OVR 540) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

(8) The Mastodon (1-5, OVR 528) vs. (7) De'siree Mitchell (1-5, OVR 507) [Career: The Mastodon, 4 - 2]

BETA DIVISION

(3) Christian Priest (4-2, OVR 588) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (3-3, OVR 517) [First Career Matchup]

(7) Blood River (1-5, OVR 507) vs. (5) Billy Norris (3-3, OVR 523) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

(8) Angela Wassermann (1-5, OVR 482) vs. (2) Yoshii Nakamatsu (4-2, OVR 526) [Career: Yoshii Nakamatsu, 2 - 0]

(4) Pulsar (3-3, OVR 492) vs. (1) Lucas Molina (5-1, OVR 497) [First Career Matchup]

GAMMA DIVISION

(1) Monty Dhillon (6-0, OVR 546) vs. (2) Kichi Hida (5-1, OVR 482) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

(8) Terrance Stevens (1-5, OVR 491) vs. (3) Diego Rodriguez (4-2, OVR 524) [Career: Tied 1 - 1]

(4) Markus Clay (3-3, OVR 491) vs. (7) Indigo Rose (1-5, OVR 498) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

HARDCORE MATCH: (6) Lance Heartilly (2-4, OVR 453) vs. (5) Big Scott Weathers (2-4, OVR 500) [First Career Matchup]

DELTA DIVISION

(6) Diamond (3-3, OVR 492) vs. (7) Mickey Steele (2-4, OVR 410) [First Career Matchup]

(3) Nocturne (4-2, OVR 445) vs. (5) Scott Stevens (3-3, OVR 431) [Career: Tied 1 - 1]

(2) Leon de Ramos (4-2, OVR 418) vs. (4) Sterling Silver (3-3, OVR 457) [First Career Matchup]

(1) Rock Sheridan (5-1, OVR 423) vs. (8) George Stevens (0-6, OVR 403) [First Career Matchup]

TRAINING AND PREDICTION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2024 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN US!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ShadowedFlames said:

And pray tell…just how long did it take Nuclear to actually win a singles championship in The League? 

Pot, kettle, etc.

Twas at a much younger age than the now defunct commissioner, my fine gentleman, who no longer has the heart or the knees with which to compete!

Plates, forks, etc

• Haha 1

ALPHA DIVISION

Alpha is in chaos. 4-6 in the rankings are two wins away from the leader. One of this week's two uniques is one of them getting the chance to narrow that gap. Meanwhile, 2 & 3 are about to clash. On the relegation side of things, the two struggling with one win will also clash. No throwaway matches this week, folks.

(1) Nuclear Templeton (5-1, OVR 552) vs. (5) Brian Blackfield (3-3, OVR 577) [First Career Matchup]

I wouldn't put it past Nuke to disappoint here. He's done it before. But right now he's the top man in the division with a legitimate shot at running the table in the second half.

Ouilette is a huge surprise. He skated in by the skin of his teeth. Simmons and Gross last season just kinda bounced off the Alpha Six. Meanwhile he's got 3 wins over them. Mastachas, however, is a different breed from Mel, Mastodon, and Brandy.

I dunno, man. This one's been a back and forth from the start. Mel's got the better stats, but Brandy gets out of the gate faster and has superior stamina. So I'm just gonna make heart pick and walk away.

I still believe Mastodon can make a comeback this season. At least I think he can much more than De'siree.

BETA DIVISION

Two uniques in Beta this week. One of the hotly anticipated, the other less so. Honestly the other three matches kind of pale next to Priest/Gross happening at last. Molina Pulsar could have some fireworks, as Pulsar's doing better than expected. Don't fall asleep, though. It's always the matches you don't expect to be bangers that turn out that way.

(3) Christian Priest (4-2, OVR 588) vs. (6) Reverend Johnny Gross (3-3, OVR 517) [First Career Matchup]

Oh, yeah. This one's been, as stated, hotly anticipated since the beginning of the season. These two have a lot to prove to each other. If this was real wrestling instead of a game, we'd be looking at a guaranteed MOTN. But alas, it is a game. I do think Priest takes it. Gross's struggles in Alpha were primarily with the guys a lot bigger and a lot stronger than him. Priest also fits into that category. Hopefully this is good, though.

And in the shadow of Beta's Main Event this week, we have this. As usual when it comes to high flier battles, I throw up my hands and grab the faster guy. But Norris also has much better stamina, so yanno.

There's a rumor going around that Wasserman's been training to perfect a new finisher. A heavy strike of some kind, like a punch or a kick. So while I do think Yoshii is still too much for her, I don't think it's going to be nearly as much of a beatdown as it would normally be. You know, if those rumors are true.

(4) Pulsar (3-3, OVR 492) vs. (1) Lucas Molina (5-1, OVR 497) [First Career Matchup]

Pulsar's having a good season. Y'know, for him. Maybe he's escaped jobber tier. But he's still not enough to handle Lucas.

GAMMA DIVISION

Gamma is in the same situation as Beta, i I'm being honest. Yeah, there's some importance to the other three matches. One of them is even a unique. But they're all lying in the shadow of Hida/Dhillon V. Diego has a chance to keep pace with those two by beating Stevens, but last season showed that's not a guarantee for him. With Clay/Rose, the latter desperately needs a win in this even rivalry. It's only Heartilly/Weathers that's a little meh. It's got some relegation implications, but meh.

(1) Monty Dhillon (6-0, OVR 546) vs. (2) Kichi Hida (5-1, OVR 482) [Career: Tied 2 - 2]

Here we are. Gamma's Main Event for the week. This is gonna be loud, violent, and nasty. The two have bulldozed everyone in their paths, with the only loss between the two due to some deeply controversial bad luck. So why am I picking against my own? Because Monty can match her blow for blow, and he's got better health and more stamina. That doesn't mean Kichi can't win. Anyone who thinks that hasn't been watching her the past six weeks or last season. But the odds are not in her favor, in my opinion. You are, however, completely welcome to surprise me, Miss Hida.

And in the shadow of all that, Diego tries to keep up without getting kicked in the face. Honestly, I'm just going with the most recent winner and who looks to be in better form overall this season and generally.

Ditto the above. Except instead of "kicked in the face" it's moonsaulted on or flying leg dropped. Seriously, a loss here will make avoiding relegation in the second half extremely difficult for Rose. And she does tend to respond with wins when she really, really needs them.

HARDCORE MATCH: (6) Lance Heartilly (2-4, OVR 453) vs. (5) Big Scott Weathers (2-4, OVR 500) [First Career Matchup]

Season 10 Heartilly is in there somewhere, and Big Scotty is the type of wrestler he ate for breakfast down in Delta. A cardio freak technician vs a brawler who gasses very easily? I know my pick.

DELTA DIVISION

Delta, however, doesn't have such a strong headline match this week. Though it is notable that this is the only week in the first half that has a rematch in it. Nocturne/Stevens III has landed, folks. I dunno who was waiting for it, exactly, besides me, but it's here. Truthfully, it's kind of the other way around from Beta and Gamma. Instead o one headline match, there's one meh match and three important ones. 2 vs 4 and 3 vs 5 (especially when the opponents are a win apart) are big time, important matches. And then we get to see just how not dead Steele is, and whether Diamond can stay in the fringes of the promotion hunt.

(6) Diamond (3-3, OVR 492) vs. (7) Mickey Steele (2-4, OVR 410) [First Career Matchup]

This one is gonna go one of two ways, Hilarious stomp or banger of a brawl. Toss up, really. On paper Diamond's a little better, in my opinion, but if it does go a little long Steele's superior stamina may come into play.

(3) Nocturne (4-2, OVR 445) vs. (5) Scott Stevens (3-3, OVR 431) [Career: Tied 1 - 1]

This is the match Nocturne needs to rebound. She beat Stevens the last time, and she's only improved since. Still, it was close enough, so Scott may overwhelm with strikes and power.

(2) Leon de Ramos (4-2, OVR 418) vs. (4) Sterling Silver (3-3, OVR 457) [First Career Matchup]

Leon actually does have what it takes now to hold onto the slippery flier. With that said, if she does get on a roll, he doesn't have an answer. So I'll bet on her higher speed.

(1) Rock Sheridan (5-1, OVR 423) vs. (8) George Stevens (0-6, OVR 403) [First Career Matchup]

And the match that's kind of meh. I don't meant to get on Jman's bad side, but 0-6 is 0-6 and 5-1 is 5-1. Rock genuinely ought to take care of business here.

• Like 2

WEEK SEVEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

BETA DIVISION

GAMMA DIVISION

DELTA DIVISION

• Like 2

Off today for the federal holiday in the US. Spent the part of the day I was at home by getting initial updates put in and finally transferring my pictures for the new folks onto the game PC so I can get their characters entered in WS3. 

I think I’ve reached a conclusion that this season is the last time I do Omega solely in the second half of the season or after the season ends…in this season’s case it’ll likely be in the offseason unless I somehow find a lot of free time in the coming weeks.

For Season 12 I’ll likely be running it alongside the normal schedule, though I may not post Omega standings every week. The document when I go to post it in this read is usually around 28 pages in MS Word and I’d rather not make it longer if I can.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Points Rankings: The League - Season 11 Week 6

spacer.png

Cro's Thoughts:

- Big movers going up: Ouilette, Molina, Pulsar (?!?), Heartilly, Diamond

- Big movers going down: McDonald, Yakamatsu, Wassermann, Clay

- Can Nuke break the 1,000 point barrier? (note: a win in week seven should do it!)

- Mastodon holding position due to last season's strong performance and, ironically, a poor performance in the first half of season nine.

• Like 3

Breaking News:

"SL4M FM - We're receiving unconfirmed reports. 3rd party flyers are allegedly being distributed, ahead of this weeks hotly anticipated League grudge match between Reverend Johnny Gross & Christian Priest. When questioned upon any involvement - Pastor Abe Richards declined to comment at this time, instead recommending to our listeners to head down this weekend for quote "A vulgar display of wrestling violence that only The First Church could offer".

Upon locating one of the flyers, it appears there's a message on the back.

Again, we'll provide updates as more news becomes readily available."

Pastor1.thumb.png.abf824c0c7e0ac4da2323bc5a2f35d56.png

----------------------------------------------------------

Two Minutes to Midnight - The Gospel of Priest

I prayed for this.

Bitterly watched you climb to the highest of highs,

To catch a fleeting glimpse of the promise land,

Only to watch you fall, it's glory snatched away.

Oh god, I’ve waited for this. For five long months.

Driven by contempt, I counted down every day.

Refused to allow the indignity of it all to consume me.

The First Church continues to grow stronger.

Where ever we walk, we stands indomitable..

But look at you, caught in the tide - flailing, drowning in the deep waters.

Even your Juggernaut falters. The Faustian bargain between you has corrupted you both.

Bad enough, how did it feel when he ripped away your spot in Alpha?

Regardless, the time has come.

Saturday Night, February 25th – Reverend Johnny Gross your judgement falls in my hands.

I CHOSE VIOLENCE!

I CHOSE NO MERCY!

I CHOSE DESTRUCTION!

Examples must be made; debts must be paid.

For what kind of world would allow such deeds to go unpunished?

For kind of deity would approve of such acts devastation?

For this could only mean one thing.

It appears your god had chosen me too.

Sig.png.f6833854cf47120e3bab2a32eb0708d3.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEEK SEVEN CARD

ALPHA DIVISION

- Big fight feel to this and it's the kind of match-up that Blackfield's built his League career on.

Backing the champ but it's a another test for JPO.

- Flipped a coin here

- Mitchell's in outstanding match quality form, at some point it'll turn into results

BETA DIVISION

- Grudge match time, ex-partners collide after narrowly missing another in the TTT. Hopefully Priest's too big and strong for Gross here.

- Backing my fellow Aussie in a speed battle

- Wassermann needs to turn it around and fast. Just don't think that Yoshii's the one to do it against.

- Historically, this is the kind of matches Molina drops. That said, he should take this

GAMMA DIVISION

- MOTN for me (outside of Priest/Gross). Give me that violence between the immovable force and the irresistible object

- This is just the kind of match-up that Stevens thrives in. A potentially body blow for Diego's chances this season

- Rose is struggling, Clay is currently outside looking in.

- Lance is built to take down wrestlers like Big Scotty.

DELTA DIVISION

- Diamond's a harder substance that Steel sadly 😢

- We'll go for the result that creates the most chaos pre-TTT.

- Backing the technician over the flyer here

- Big Ol' Hoss Fight. Picking the biggest hoss with hair

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SeanMcG said:

- Big Ol' Hoss Fight. Picking the biggest hoss with hair

I can infer by context, Sean, but for the record you don’t actually have a pick listed for this one.

Also, unrelated…you’re going to have me attempt to channel Gross after that?! Blood and bloody ashes, mate, don’t I have enough to juggle already?! 😛 (He says as he channels his inner Matrim Cauthon for that particular line….)

EDIT TO ADD: also managed to finally get my spreadsheet formally updated for my new GMPCs. Everything appears to be in order and not broken, so depending on time after running what matches I can tonight, I might be able to finish a new character or two in the game database.

Edited by ShadowedFlames
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SeanMcG said:

The First Church continues to grow stronger.

Where ever we walk, we stands indomitable..

Somewhere in Canada, Lucas Molina looks at the standings and the results of their last encounter. Then he raises an questioning eyebrow. "Go ahead and take down the Reverend," he says, "I already did. But don't forget I'm still here. We left Delta together. We left Gamma together. We're going to Alpha together. Week 13. European Rules, Round 2. I'll be waiting."

• Like 1