Whistleblower Scandal - What do I do?

So we had a whistleblower (he's been terminated, I'm not sorry) leak some unfavorable things about apparent "substance abuse problems in the NWA locker room". I had TV and PPV deals expiring, obviously not able to renew them due to the scandal. Other broadcasters want nothing to do with me for the time being either. We had just taken that step to grow bigger and this happens - definitely dropping us down a few pegs in the process. 

How long do these take to blow over before I can negotiate with a broadcaster again? Says I still have over a year before it'll blow over (only two months post-scandal news). Will it be the entire time I'll be iced out? What a bummer. I've implemented a drug policy now but haven't really seen anything pop up. That whistleblower is a real Karen. 😝

On 10/23/2022 at 6:39 PM, James The Animator said:

Ah yes, that infamous killer of RW saves, the whistleblower! I had a save on Mammoth’s 2006 mod where I ran WWE and TNA as both players. On the night of the 2007 Royal Rumble, Mike Chioda went public about the WWE locker room, and our prestige dropped from 78 to 34. He also generated negative relationships with half the locker room. This came after I had to derail many of my plans due to suspensions and stints in rehab.

It doesn't appear to be as bad as it first appeared to be. We lost TV/PPV in the beginning of December (the contracts expired and I couldn't renew, like I had said) and we were able to get TV/PPV deals mid-April. So four months post-scandal, broadcasters will deal. Maybe they would've after 3-months and I didn't check? Seems like prestige is the biggest downfall but we're still putting on good shows. Definitely a curveball but not the end of the world.