Road to Glory - Death of the Territories

I had placed phone calls and sent photos to booking offices across the country for months to absolutely no response. I was a decent brawler who wasn't going to be able to portray a Realistic or Legitimate Gimmick, but people tell me I'm a true Gimmicky, Cartoonish, Offbeat, and Unstable character. I placed my boots, trunks, leather jacket, headdress, and mask in a cardboard box. My wrestling career was over before it even began. As I carried the box out to the dumpster, my phone rang. I had been dodging bill collectors for months so I don’t know why I stopped and answered.

“I’m looking for Chief Leatherlips!” My ears perked up as no one had actually called me by that name up to this point.

“Speaking,” I said trying to figure out if it was Fritz Von Erich in Texas, Verne Gagne in Minnesota, Jim Crockett Jr. in the Carolinas, or Vince McMahon Jr. in New York who was about to give me my first big shot in the world of pro wrestling.

“It’s Johnny Legend owner and promoter of the Hollyweird Grappling Company! I’m sitting here looking at your headshot and I think you would be a great fit in the new promotion I’m starting that is going to take Southern California by storm, daddy! Hollyweird Grappling Company is going to bring the worlds of pro wrestling and rock n’ roll together with big, extravagant, controversial gimmicks that push the boundaries of decency! Think of it as Wrestling Burlesque! Tell me a little bit about yourself? You like rock n’ roll and b-movies? Tell me about your pro wrestling career.”

I was momentarily disappointed that it wasn’t Jerry Jarrett in Memphis or Stu Hart in Calgary on the other end of line but quickly composed myself. “Ahem, oh yeah. I love rock n’ roll…from Chuck Berry & Gene Vincent to The Ramones, Sex Pistols, and Black Flag. And no, I’m actually not that ugly. I’m a huge horror movie fan…’Night of the Living Dead’, ‘Halloween’, and of course, ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’.”

“Tell me about your wrestling career. Says here in your letter that you’ve wrestled across the country.”

I knew this would be my one & only chance to break into pro wrestling. I also knew I couldn’t let on that I taught myself imitating the moves I saw on television, taking bumps on the old mattress in the alley behind my apartment, and I had never actually wrestled a match in front of an actual crowd. “I’ve spent the last year working the Dakotas territory. I was the Great Plains Heavyweight Champion all year and sold out VFW Halls from Fargo to Bismarck to Pierre.” I worried this might not be impressive enough and I felt my resume needed some additional padding. “And on top of main eventing each night, I booked the territory myself.”

“Tell me, when I say that I want Hollyweird Grappling Company to bring the worlds of pro wrestling and rock n’ roll together, what does that mean to you? I’m going to give you five hidden gems…Hillbilly Jim, Al Snow, Haiti Kid, Michael Kirchner, and Stormy Granzig. Book the next year of my territory for me!”

The sweat beaded on my forehead as I brainstormed ideas on how I would book Hollyweird Grappling Company. I had seen some of the names mentioned in brief snippets of action on VHS tapes I had traded for or read their names in the pages of the Apter Mags but none of these wrestlers were stars. “If I were to book the Hollyweird Grappling Company, this is how I would do it…, ” I stammered my way through my hypothetical booking year, drawing on my childhood GI Joe Wrestling Federation for my initial ideas, before improvising, and BSing my way through the rest. I spoke with increasing confidence, my ideas flowed in a way that surprised even me. “…and that’s how I would book Hollyweird Grappling Company!” I closed with the swagger & fervor of a televangelist.
There was a moment of silence. I waited for Mr. Legend to burst into laughter before hanging up the phone. “Chief Leatherlips…I think you are exactly the Chaotic Genius that Hollyweird Grappling Company needs! You are hired! I’ve only got three rules. In 2 years, I want Hollyweird Grappling Company to have turned my $1,000 investment into $10,000. This wrestling not acrobatics, you aren't allowed to hire any high flyer types. And I know Tiger Mask is all the rage with the tape-traders, but this ain't Japan, don't hire any Technician Flyers either. Our first show is in less than a month. I'm calling it 'Rock n' Roll Wrestling'! Put together a roster and book the show! See you on the 4th Friday of January!"

Chief Leatherlips.JPG

Johnny Legend2.JPG

HGC.jpg

Edited by Horatio_Hammerlock

HOLLYWEIRD GRAPPLING COMPANY "Rock n' Roll Wrestling"
Friday, Week 4, 1983, Abandoned Hollywood Warehouse, Attendance - 72.
Johnny Legend climbs into the ring located in the middle of this vacant Hollywood warehouse with mic in hand. He addresses the 72 in attendance, "Drunks, freaks, punks, geeks, my name is Johnny Legend and I’m the #1 wrestling promoter in the world today! You’re about to see the greatest spectacle in the history of the human race...this is Hollyweird Grappling Company's Rock n’ Roll Wrestling!"

"We’ve got a match that could main event any arena from Los Angeles to Mexico City to Dallas to Chicago to New York to Tokyo! But we are bringing it to you here in this warehouse tonight…"The Alaskan" Mike York takes on mysterious masked man The White Shadow!”

“And it wouldn’t be Rock n’ Roll Wrestling without some rock n’ roll! I’ll be performing my hit song ‘Pencil Neck Geek’ live tonight in this very ring!”

“But first in action tonight, the bad ass biker, he’s born to be wild…Harley Davidson!”

HARLEY DAVIDSON VS. TIM PATTERSON - Harley Davidson showboats and plays to a dead crowd as he dominates Tim Patterson. At 4:37 Davidson put Patterson & the crowd out their mercy with a Big Boot for the pin at 4:37. MATCH RATING - 0

Davidson exits the ring to celebrate and high-fives the ringside fans as he makes his way back to the locker room. Davidson seems to be more comfortable outside of the ring than in it.
Booker notes - Davidson seems way more comfortable out of the ring interacting with the rowdy biker element in the crowd.

Johnny Legend returns to the ring. “A lot of fans are asking ‘Who is that masked man?’ Well, we are about to find out. Ladies & germs, let’s give a big Hollyweird Grappling Company welcome to…the White Shadow!”

The White Shadow enters the ring and acknowledges the cheering fans before joining Legend in the center of the ring. “Shadow, what brings you here to the Hollyweird Grappling Company?” As Shadow opens his mouth and begins to answer an angry brute rolls into the ring and yanks the microphone out of his hand.

“Johnny Legend, no one cares what this freak in a mask has to say! You should be asking Pistol Pete Marquez what brings him to Hollyweird Grappling Company! So let me tell ya…”

The White Shadow shoves Pistol Pete and Marquez shoves him back. The two wrestlers get into each others faces and are about to come to blows before Johnny Legend elbows his way in between them. “If you two want to fight, than you are going to settle it in the ring next month at Hollyweird Grappling Company’s ‘Incredibly Strange Wrestling’!” Shadow & Marquez jaw jack back & forth before Shadow exits the ring and Marquez stays in the ring for his upcoming match.

PISTOL PETE MARQUEZ VS. “HEAVY METAL” AL SNOW - Marquez got some decent heat with his heel tactics and pummels the young metalhead Al Snow with poorly-timed sub-par brawling, pinning Snow following a piledriver at 5:37. MATCH RATING - 19.

"Copacabana (At the Copa)" by Barry Manilow blasts over the PA. Johnny Legend says "What the?!?" Lord Littlebrook, Buddah Khan, and Eddie (Mansfield) Manilow dance their way to the ring as the crowd boos and throws trash. Ladies & gentleman, please help me welcome to Hollyweird Grappling Company, Lord Littlebrook and AM Gold, Buddah Khan and Barry's cousin Eddie Manilow!" The trio makes it’s way to the ring, frequently stopping to argue with booing fans.

Lord Littlebrook yanks the microphone from Legend’s hands. “Ladies & gnetlemen, I'm Lord Littlebrook and this is the greatest tag team in pro wrestling...AM Gold! And we are here to bring class to the Hollyweird Grappling Company!"

Eddie Manilow takes the microphone and responds to the booing crowd as Buddah Khan eggs him on. “Don’t you know who I am? I’m Barry’s cousin! Show Eddie Manilow some respect! Together with the soulful Buddah Khan, AM Gold is going to usher in the Easy Listening n’ Wrestling era!”

LORD LITTLEBROOK VS. HAITI KID - In a total comedy match with all of the classic midget wrestling spots, Eddie Manilow distracts the referee while Tim Patterson nails the Haiti Kid with a microphone. Lord Littlebrook covers at 4:36 for the pin. Match cooled crowd down and Littlebrook getting better at gimmick. MATCH RATING - 14

Littlebrook, Manilow, Khan, & Patterson put the boots to the defeated Haiti Kid. The roar of chainsaws interrupt the beating. Chief Leatherlips & Super Leather, The Video Nasties, storm the ring, and breakup the beatdown as Littlebrook, Manilow, Khan, & Patterson flee the ring.

AM Gold w/ Lord Littlebrook vs. The Video Nasties - AM Gold & The Video Nasties didn't waste much time getting into it and the wild brawl quickly spilled out of the ring. Referee Steve Blance called for the double disqualification at 6:17. Match Rating - 18
Booker notes - Lord Littlebrook did some good ringside work and Buddah Khan was a standout in the ring. Manilow threw a fit about the finish so I told everyone to make him look like a badass. That seemed to make him happy. If I had to rank my own performance on a scale of 1-100, I'd give myself a 4. Hopefully, no one questions me on my experience and I didn't stink up the ring enough for anyone to notice this was my first professional wrestling match.

"The Alaskan" Mike York joins Johnny Legend in the ring. “Lemme tell you something, Legend. I hate rock n’ roll! Um...uh...I...forgot where I was going with this one.  Oh yeah...the only thing that is music to my ears is the sound of breaking bones! And I’m going to be conducting a symphony in the ring tonight against The White Shadow!”
Booker notes - I told York to go out an wing it on his promo and he bumbled his way through this one.

"The Alaskan" Mike York vs. The White Shadow -  Match with fantastic heat and good wrestling. While the referee is chastising Mike York, Pistol Pete Marquez nails The White Shadow with a closed fist and York covers the Shadow for the pin at 9:35. Match got crowd hotter. Match Rating - 33
Booker notes - Crowd was hot for this one and these guys put on a clinic!

Johnny Legend returns to the and addresses the crowd as his band sets up. “I promised rock n’ roll and you are going to get rock n’ roll! I’m ‘The Rockabilly Bastard’ Johnny Legend and this is my band! This number is called ‘Pencil Neck Geek’! 1, 2, 3, 4…
Back when I was a kid, life was going swell
'Til something happened, blew everything to hell
That night my daddy stumbled in, all pale and weak
Said "A woman up the block just gave birth to a geek."
Mom said, "Sell it to the circus, what the heck!"
Dad said, "Nope, this one's a pencil neck
And if there's one thing lower than a sideshow freak
It's a grit eatin', scum suckin', pencil neck geek."

Mike York, leading an angry mob made up of Buddah Khan, Eddie Manilow, and Tim Patterson, storm the ring. York grabs the microphone. “Legend, I’ve had enough of this racket! Um...uh...I had a lot more to say but that song got me so angry I can't think straight! Boys, you know what to do!”

Lord Littlebrook cheers as Buddah Khan rips the guitar from the guitarists grips and smashes it to bits. Tim Patterson kicks over the drum set as Eddie Manilow threatens the bass player with violence. The PA feeds back as Johnny Legend & his band are forced to watch helplessly outside of the ring as their equipment is destroyed.

OVERALL RATING: 29

Booker notes
-Harley Davidson vs. Tim Patterson was the worst match I have ever seen in my entire life. Fortunately, this crowd was drunk and got in for free. This match was so bad that the crowd was worked into a frenzy heckling.
-Pistol Pete had an off night in his match against "Heavy Metal" Al Snow but these drunk fans were forgiving and rowdy.
-Eddie Mansfield debuted his Lounge Lizard gimmick and is great as "Barry's Cousin" Eddie Manilow.

-The crowd was whipped up into such a frenzy that there were a few potential fistfights that were on the verge of breaking out. Lord Littlebrook vs. Haiti Kid did a great job in cooling the crowd down with their goofy midget spots and Lord Littlebrook in particular got the crowd's attention with his snobby royal gimmick.
-Hopefullly my performance wasn't so terrible that the boys in the locker room question my embellished wrestling career. On a scale of 1-100, I give myself a 4. The Video Nasties vs. AM Gold was a wild brawl. Lord Littlebrook was great ringside and Buddah Khan showed the rest of us how it was done.
-I told Mike York to go out on the mic and wing it. And he lost the plot both times.
-The crowd was hot for Mike York and The White Shadow and they put on a match that wouldn't be out of place on a card at the Olympic Auditorium. "Big" Bill Anderson did an Adequate enough job under the hood.

AROUND THE TERRITORIES - JANUARY 1983

-The WWF are making aggressive moves to expand. Scott Irwin, Moondog Spot, Dick Murdoch, Steve Williams, Winona Little Heart, Jim Brunzell, Jim Duggan, Hulk Hogan, Ted DiBiase, Rick Martel, Donna Christenello, Tony Atlas, Tito Santana, The Masked Superstar, Harley Race, Tommy Rich, Sherri Martel, Peggy Lee Leather, Desiree Petersen, Gino Hernandez, Nikolia Volkoff, The Iron Shiek, Meng, Blackjack Mulligan, Leilani Kai, Larry Zbysko, Jesse Ventura, Susan Sexton, Candi Devine, Debbie Combs, Velvet MacIntyre, and Dino Bravo have all signed exclusive written contracts with the company.

-Jim Crockett Promotions has responded by signing The Barbarian, Steve Keirn, Frankie Lancaster, Brickhouse Brown, Jacques Rougeau, Robert Gibson, Bobby Jaggers, Tully Blancard, Dutch Mantell, Gary Young, Adrian Adonis, Bill Dundee, George Wells, Ron Starr, Brett Sawyer, Randy Rose, Rip Rogers, Ricky Morton, Eric Embry, Buddy Wolfe, Dennis Condrey, and Jimmy Golden to exclusive written contracts with the company. Jay Youngblood, Sgt. Slaughter, and Greg Valentine have signed exclusive written contract extensions with Jim Crockett Promotions as well.

-In preparation for Canadian touring season, Larry Winters has become the new booker of WFWA, Pat Patterson has been named the new booker of AGPW, and Ken Mantell has become the new booker of Big Bear Promotions.

-Professor Toru Tanaka and Geoff Portz have retired from in-ring competiton.

-Stan Hansen and Buck Robley are rumored to have had backstage problems in Georgia Championship Wrestling.

-Buddy Rose is out for a year from a torn rotator cuff suffered in a match against Jim Brunzell.

RESULTS
-In AWA's End of the Month Show from the Mid-South region, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Greg Gagne to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Title.
-In GCW's End of the Month Spectacular from the Southeast region, Randy Savage defeated Paul Orndorff to retain the NWA National Heavyweight title.
-In the MACW Big Show main event from the NYC Penta Hotel, Greg Valentine defeated Dory Funk Jr. to retain the NWA United States Heavyweight title.
-In WCCW's Star Wars main event at the Laughlin Riverside Hotel in Nevada, Ric Flair defeated Brian Adias to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title.
-In WWF's End of the Month MSG Show main event, Bob Backlund defeated Superstar Billy Graham to retain the WWF World Heavyweight title.
-The Guerroro Brothers (Chavo & Hector) defeated Dirty Rhodes & Don Bass in the main event of a Nashville outlaw show.

ROLL CALL OF CHAMPIONS

AMERICAN WRESTLING ASSOCIATION
World Heavyweight Title - Nick Bockwinkel
Television Title - Rick Martel
World Light Heavyweight Title - Mad Dog Vachon
World Tag Team Titles - Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell

GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
NWA National Heavyweight Title - Randy Savage
NWA National Tag Team Titles - Butch Reed & Norman Frederick Charles III
Intercontinental Title (New) - Bruiser Brody

JIM CROCKETT PROMOTIONS
NWA United States Heavyweight Title - Greg Valentine
NWA World Tag Team Titles - Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle
Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title - Jack Brisco
Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles - Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood
NWA Television Title - Mike Rotundo

NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE
NWA World Heavyweight Title - Ric Flair

WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION
World Heavyweight Title - Bob Backlund
Intercontinental Championship Title - Pedro Morales
Women's Title - The Fabulous Moolah
World Tag Team Championship Titles - Chief Jay & Jules Strongbow

WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
NWA American Heavyweight Title - Kevin Von Erich
NWA Texas Heavyweight Title - David Von Erich
NWA Brass Knuckles Title - Bugsy McGraw
Television Title - Al Madril
NWA American Tag Team Title - Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes
World Six-Man Tag Team Titles - Terry Gordy, Michael Hayes, & Buddy Roberts

Hollyweird Grappling Company "Incredibly Strange Wrestling"

Thursday, Week 4, February 1983, Abandoned Hollywood Warehouse, Attendance - 76

Johnny Legend climbs into the ring located in the middle of this vacant Hollywood parking lot with mic in hand. He addresses the 76 in attendance, "I'm your host 'The Rockabilly Bastard' Johnny Legend! We've assembled the some of the strangest misfits & social outcasts in one building for a night of wild wrasslin' action...but enough about the audience! Let's get ready to rumble...this is Hollyweird Grappling Company's Incredibly Strange Wrestling!"

Mike York storms the ring with Lord Littlebrook, Buddah Khan, Eddie Manilow, and Tim Patterson. He snatches the microphone out of Legend’s hand. “When I heard the Hollyweird Grappling Company was going to be putting on an event called ‘Rock n’ Roll Wrestling’, I knew I needed to be a part of it! I knew I needed to stop the worlds of rock n’ roll and pro wrestling from coming together! I knew I needed to declare war! This is W.A.R.R.! Wrestlers Against Rock n’ Roll! We hate rock n’ roll and it is our mission to drive this tuneless garbage out of pro wrestling forever!” York and his men high five, shake hands, and congratulate each other as the crowd boos.

The youngster “Heavy Metal” Al Snow rolls into the ring, wearing a Motorhead t-shirt. “Hey York, get back out here to the ring! I’m going to show you that…um…rock n’ roll is here to stay!” A visibly angry Mike York stomps back down the aisle toward the ring.

“THE ALASKAN” MIKE YORK VS. “HEAVY METAL” AL SNOW – In an extremely short match, York stomps Snow all over the ring and puts him away with a big elbow drop at 5:09. MATCH RATING - 13.

Lord Littlebrook & AM Gold, Buddah Khan & Eddie Manilow, return to the ring. A visibly frustrated Johnny Legend asks “So you just declared war on rock n’ roll. What now?!?”

Lord Littlebrook answers, “If these fans want a main event caliber musical performance, that’s exactly what W.A.R.R. is going to give them! Tell them, Eddie!”

Eddie Manilow grabs the microphone and addresses the booing crowd. “That’s right, my Lordship. I am going to show these tin-eared fans what real music is! I am going to be performing the hit song ‘Mandy’ by my cousin Barry!”

Lord Littlebrook, Eddie Manilow, and Buddah Khan both yell in unison “This is W.A.R.R.!”

HARLEY DAVIDSON & HAITI KID VS. LORD LITTLEBROOK & TIM PATTERSON – In a decent comedic match, Harley & the Haiti Kid defeated Lord Littlebrook & Tim Patterson when Davidson pinned Patterson with a Big Boot at 6:03. MATCH RATING - 24

Harley puts Haiti Kid up on his shoulders and the tag team high five the fans as they exit the ring.

Johnny Legend interviews “Pistol” Pete Marquez about tonight’s main event. “Pistol Pete, you cost The White Shadow his match last month at ‘Rock n’ Roll Wrestling’ and tonight you get the match that you wanted. What is it about the White Shadow that gets under your skin?”

Pistol Pete stammers “What is it about The White Shadow that gets under my skin? I…I…I don’t know…”

Johnny Legend interjects. “You must be jealous that this mysterious masked man walked into the Hollyweird Grappling Company as a main-eventer and you’ve been paying your dues in Southern California for years, right?”

Pistol Pete stutters again, “Yeah, that’s right. I don’t know who this clown is…and it makes me angry!”

“You heard it here, folks. The White Shadow makes Pistol Pete Marquez angry! And I’m sure he is going to take that anger out on the masked man tonight in our main event!”

AM GOLD VS. THE VIDEO NASTIES – Once again, the action quickly spills out of the ring in a bowling shoe ugly brawl. Referee Steve Blance calls for a double disqualification at 6:02. MATCH RATING 22.

Chief Leatherlips and Super Leather rev up their chainsaws. Buddah Khan, Eddie Manilow, and Lord Littlebrook run for their lives through the crowd and into the locker room.

THE WHITE SHADOW VS. PISTOL PETE MARQUEZ – The crowd is hot and The White Shadow and Pistol Pete Marquez battle back and forth in a decent match. Shadow pins Pistol Pete with a piledriver at 6:19. MATCH RATING - 29

W.A.R.R. comes to the ring and Eddie Manilow takes the microphone. “Tonight marks the beginning of the Easy Listening and Wrestling Connection! I’m about to show you ingrates what real music is! This next number is called ‘Mandy’ and it’s by my cousin Barry! Patterson, hit my music!”

The opening notes of ‘Mandy’ play over the PA and Eddie Manilow begins to sing…
“I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice
Shadows of a man
A face through a window
Crying in the night
The night goes into

Oh, Mandy…”

Harley Davidson, Chief Leatherlips, Super Leather, and the Haiti Kid storm the ring! Davidson rips the microphone out of Manilow’s hands and tosses him over the top rope. Leatherlips & Super Leather pound Mike York and Buddah Khan, and the Haiti Kid pummels Lord Littlebrook to the raucous cheers of the crowd! W.A.R.R. all roll out of the ring and run for the back.

OVERALL RATING: 28

Booking notes

-Johnny Legend got the show off to a hot start with his promo.

-I probably shouldn't have told Al Snow to go out there and wing it on his promo.

-I think Al bombing on his promo really rattled him and he was off his game tonight. Mike York was even worse but free tickets & alcohol seemed to be enough for this crowd to get into the match.

-Maybe putting bad ass biker Harley Davidson in a comedy tag match with Haiti Kid wasn't the brightest idea.

-Pistol Pete was totally lost improvising on his promo but Johnny Legend did a great job saving the promo.

-I really stunk up the ring again tonight. On a scale of 1-100, I would give myself a 7. Will someone figure out I’m a total fraud?

-Eddie Manilow had a great time on the microphone mangling ‘Mandy’ and baiting an already hot crowd.

AROUND THE TERRITORIES - FEBRUARY 1983

-Jim Crockett Promotions has signed Barry Windham to an exclusive written contract.

-Brian Blair wasn't happy being used to put other wrestlers over and walked out on Jim Crockett Promotions.

-The Italian Stallion has entered the world of wrestling

-Mad Dog Vachon, Al Costello, Swede Hanson, Roger Kirby, and Chief Jay Strongbow have all announced they will be retiring in the following months.

-Brenda Britton & Rip Rogers have announced their divorce. It remains to be seen if they will continue to work together in the Poffo's International Championship Wrestling promotion.

RESULTS

-In the main event of AWA's End-of-the Month show at the St. Paul Civic Center, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of GCW's End of the Month Spectacular in the Mid South region, Buzz Sawyer defeated Jerry Blackwell.

-In the main event of JCP's Big Show from the Rome Memorial Gymnasium, Greg Valentine defeated Roddy Piper in a Cage match to retain the NWA United States Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of WCCW's End of the Month Spectacular from the Laughlin Riverside Hotel, David Von Erich defeated Jimmy Garvin to retain the NWA Texas Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of WWF's End of the Month MSG Show, Bob Backlund defeated Superstar Billy Graham to retain the WWF World Heavyweight title.

-Blackjack Lanza & The Sheiks (Jerry Blackwell & Ken Patera) defeated Jose Luis Rivera and Lanny Poffo & George Weingeroff in the main event of a Detroit outlaw show.

ROLL CALL OF CHAMPIONS

Television Title - Col. DeBeers
World Tag Team Titles - Butch Reed & The Super Destroyer

JIM CROCKETT PROMOTIONS
Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles - Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood

Intercontinental Championship Title - Pedro Morales

NWA Brass Knuckles Title - Jose Lothario

Hollyweird Grappling Company "Sing! Sock! Wrestle! Rock!"

Thursday, Week 4, March 1983, Abandoned Hollywood Warehouse, Attendance - 54

Johnny Legend addresses the crowd of 54 in attendance, “Tonight the Hollyweird Grappling Company is going to continue to bring you the wildest, the weirdest, and the most violent the world of professional wrestling has to offer! We are going to make you ‘Sing! Sock! Wrestle! And Rock!’”

“In tonight’s main event, the bad ass biker who was born to be wild, Harley Davidson, teams with the mysterious masked man, The White Shadow, to take on the rock n’ roll hating “Alaskan” Mike York & the southern Californian roughneck Pistol Pete Marquez!

“Speaking of Harley Davidson, here he comes! And he has friends!” Harley Davidson, The Video Nasties, & The Haiti Kid enter the ring. “Talk about a motley crew! Who do we have here, Harley?”

Harley Davidson grabs the microphone and answers Legend. “Mike York and his gang of snobby Mama’s boys want to declare war on rock n’ roll? Well, we are going to get weird! We are going to get wild! We are Guitars & Chainsaws, and if it’s war you want, it’s war you’re gonna get! And our newest member, ‘Heavy Metal’ Al Snow, is going to win the first battle in the war right now! Rock n’ roll is here to stay!”

“HEAVY METAL” AL SNOW VS. TIM PATTERSON – Al Snow & Tim Patterson grapple and brawl in a terrible match. The crowd is drunk as usual and they are getting rowdy heckling the green wrestlers in the ring. Snow pins Patterson following a Snow Plow at 3:15.. MATCH RATING 3

W.A.R.R., “The Alaskan” Mike York, “Barry’s Cousin” Eddie Manilow, Buddah Khan, and Lord Littlebrook, storm the ring. Eddie Manilow grabs a microphone and screams “Guitars & Chainsaws! Is that what you freaks are calling yourselves? I was going to show these rock n’ roll fans what real music was and you ruined my big performance at last month’s ‘Incredibly Strange Wrestling’! No one humiliates Eddie Manilow and gets away with it!”

Mike York takes the microphone and continues the verbal assault, “Guitars & Chainsaws! You hit us, we are going to hit you back twice as hard! We are going to make you pay with a pound of flesh! This is W.A.R.R.!”

EDDIE MANILOW VS. CHIEF LEATHERLIPS – The crowd heat is decent, but the brawling is terrible. Lord Littlebrook provides plenty of distraction which Eddie Manilow takes advantage of to gain advantage. Manilow beat Leatherlips with a piledriver at 3:42. The crowd remains rowdy as they heckle and goof on the wrestlers in the ring. MATCH RATING 7.

Johnny Legend returns to the ring with a big announcement. “As I watched Chief Leatherlips and ‘Barry’s Cousin’ Eddie Manilow beat each others’ brains, it all the sudden occurred to me. There is no ring that can contain The Video Nasties and AM Gold. So why not make them battle inside a steel cage? At next month’s ‘Hooray for Hollyweird’, two teams enter, one teams leave…it’s going to be AM Gold versus The Video Nasties inside a steel cage! Let’s head back to the ring for a preview of what we can expect!”

BUDDHA KHAN VS. SUPER LEATHER – Buddah Khan and Super Leather batter each other in a pretty decent wild brawl! Lord Littlebrook’s attempts to distract don’t work this time as Super Leather nails Khan with a Power Bomb at 5:53 for the pin. MATCH RATING 24

The diminutive Haiti Kid rides on the towering Harley Davidson’s shoulders to the ring. They high five the fans on their way to the ring. Davidson gives the Kid a few encouraging words before making his way to the back.

LORD LITTLEBROOK VS. HAITI KID – In a decent match with all their trademark comedic spots, Lord Littlebrook pinsthe Haiti Kid at 6:07 with a body slam. MATCH RATING 24.

Lord Littlebrook waves to someone in the back and “The Alaskan” Mike York marches into the ring. York turns his attention to the downed Haiti Kid. He helps him to his feet and pats him on the back. And then he picks him up, presses him above his head, and sends him crashing to mat with a brutal body slam. The crowd boos the underhanded attack.

As Lord Littlebrook puts the boots to the Haiti Kid, referee Steve Blance repeatedly rings the bell. York & Littlebrook roll out of the ring and a medical team rushes to check on the Haiti Kid. Haiti Kid writhes in pain as the medical team load him onto a stretcher and take him to the back.

HARLEY DAVIDSON & THE WHITE SHADOW VS. MIKE YORK & PISTOL PETE MARQUEZ – The crowd is hot and Davidson, Shadow and York & Marquez duke it out in a pretty decent brawl. Davidson & York spill out of the ring. Lord Littlebrook cheers on his man as referee Steve Blance calls for the wrestlers to the return ring. But their emotions get the better of them and referee Steve Blance has no choice but to call for the ball and calls it a no-contest double countout at 10:07. MATCH RATING 30.

The bell may have rung but the fight continues as The White Shadow and Pistol Pete Marquez get into it outside the ring as well. Harley, Shadow, York, & Pistols Pete brawl to the back as Lord Littlebrook eggs them on from the ring. Chainsaws roar from the back and The Video Nasties storm the ring. Littlebrook looks around and realizes he is all alone in the middle of the ring as Chief Leatherlips and Superleather stand on each side of the ring. Leatherlips puts down his chainsaw and rolls into the ring. Littlebrook runs in the opposite direction straight into Super Leather’s grasp. Super Leather lifts the little man up and sends him crashing down onto the mat with a Power Bomb! Littlebrook lays motionless in the middle of the ring. The Video Nasties lift their chainsaws triumphantly in the air, rollout of the ring, and head to the back. Referee Steve Blance enters the ring to check on the unconscious Littlebrook. He motions for the medical team. A visibly frustrated medical team return to the ring with their stretcher and take Littlebrook away. The fans boo as they quickly make their way out of the venue.

OVERALL RATING 27.

Booker’s Notes

-Johnny Legend works the crowd and is great at improvising.

-Harley Davidson is getting better at his gimmick.

-Al Snow was really off his game again tonight.

-Mike York struggled improvising. Eddie Manilow enjoyed himself going off script.

-I was terrible again. But not as terrible. On a scale of 1-100, I give myself a 9!

-Lord Littlebrook was great at ringside but off his game in the ring.

• Like 1

AROUND THE TERRITORIES - MARCH 1983

-Central States Wrestling has risen to Tiny size.

-Georgia Championship Wrestling has risen to Medium size.

-Rick Rude has entered the world of wrestling.

-Terry Garvin and Dara Singh have announced they will be retiring from wrestling in the coming months. Al Costello has retired from the wrestling business.

-Hulk Hogan did a radio interview in New York City and made some nasty comments about Ole Anderson, brother.

RESULTS

-In the main event of AWA's End-of-the-Month Show in the Mid-South region, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of GCW's End of Month Spectacular in the Mid-South region, Ric Falir defeated Buzz Sawyer to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of JCP's The Final Conflict in the Mid-Atlantic region, Greg Valentine defeated Dory Junk Jr. to retain the NWA United States Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of WCCW's End of Month Spectacular, David Von Erich defeated Dusty Rhodes to retain the NWA Texas Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of WWF's End of the MSG Show, Dino Bravo defeated Pedro Morales to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship title

ROLL CALL OF CHAMPIONS
World Tag Team Titles - Bob Backlund & Jerry Lawler

JIM CROCKETT PROMOTIONS
Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles - Dutch Mantell & Bill Dundeey

Intercontinental Championship Title - Dino Bravo

NWA Brass Knuckles Title - Jose Lothario

HOLLYWEIRD GRAPPLING COMPANY "HOORAY FOR HOLLYWEIRD"
Saturday, Week 4, April 1983, Abandoned Hollywood Warehouse, 57 in attendance.

Johnny Legend struts to the ring and addresses the 57 fans in attendance. “Woo, daddy! Tonight’s the night we say ‘Hooray for Hollyweird!’ And we are bringing you our weirdest match yet! The chainsaw wielding maniacs The Video Nasties take on the easy-listening, rock n’ roll hating AM Gold in a Sunset Strip Street Fight!”

"And in our main event, the mysterious White Shadow takes on W.A.R.R.’s “The Alaskan” Mike York in a match that will make you say ‘Hooray!’ and the wrestlers say ‘Ouch!”

"But first, that chopper-riding rough house, Harley Davidson tells me he's got a surprise for all of us here tonight!"

"Born to Be Wild" blasts over the PA as Harley Davidson high-fives the fans on his way to the ring.

"What's on your mind tonight, big man?"

Johnny Legend Davidson takes the microphone, “Last month, Guitars & Chainsaws lost one of our brothers. 'The Alaskan' Mike York took one of our own and poor Haiti Kid is still in the hospital as we speak. We need reinforcements! So, I made a phone call to a friend. And when I told him about the scumbags in W.A.R.R., he immediately hopped on his bike and headed out on the highway to Hollywood! And he is here tonight! Crusher, introduce yourself to the fans!”

A large, muscular beast in a bike leather jacket stomps into the ring and gives Harley Davidson a big hug. “They call me Crusher Von Haig and when my brother Harley told me what these pigs in W.A.R.R. did to the Haiti Kid, I didn’t hesitate to haul ass to Hollywood! Me & my brother here, Harley Davidson, are Born to Be Wild! And we are going to bust heads, break necks, and pick our teeth with broken bones! And we are gonna listen to rock n’ roll while we are doing it! Now send out my first victim!”

CRUSHER VON HAIG VS. “THE ROADIE” TIM PATTERSON - The bell rings and the crowd is unusually quiet as the crowd doesn't know what to make to HGC's newest wrestler. Crusher Von Haig absolutely destroys Patterson in a terrible match, finishing off his opponent with a flying lariat at 2:49 which a loud drunk man in the crowd absolutely lost his mind over.  MATCH RATING - 2.

A surly Mike York joins Johnny Legend in the ring. “It wasn’t just Guitars & Chainsaws that lost a man last month. W.A.R.R. is a man down, too! Lord Littlebrook paid the ultimate price in our war against rock n’ roll.  But you won’t see me out here crying about it! When W.A.R.R. gets hit, we hit back twice as hard! And I have a secret weapon up my sleeve!” York laughs maniacally as he exits the ring.

SUPER MUNECO VS. DR. Z - The lucha clown Super Muneco dances & somersaults around the ring trying to make a fool of his opponents the masked Dr. Z in a silly match. Dr. Z eventually gets the upper-hand and pins Super Muneco at 3:33 with a shoulderbreaker. The match was good for a few laughs and gave crowd a breather. MATCH RATING - 15

Johnny Legend is joined by AM Gold, “Barry’s Cousin” Eddie Manilow and Buddah Khan. Manilow grabs the microphone and Buddah Khan stands behind him, slapping him on the back, and nodding approvingly. “You people don’t deserve high class people like myself and Buddah here. We tried to show you people what real wrestling was all about, but those freaks in The Video Nasties just can’t follow the rules! So tonight, we are going to stoop to their level. We are going to kick, bite, scratch, and gouge our way to victory! And as we stand over the broken bodies of Chief Leatherlips and Super Leather, I’m going to lead the crowd in a sing-along to my cousin Barry’s hit song ‘Looks Like We Made It’! Tonight, we are going to #1 with a bullet!”

HARLEY DAVIDSON VS. PISTOL PETE MARQUEZ - In a decent brawl and increasingly rowdier crowd, Harley Davidson pinned Pistol Peter Marquez following a Big Boot at 5:57. MATCH RATING - 24

As AM Gold, Buddah Khan & 'Barry's Cousin' Eddie Manilow, stand in the ring and taunt the crowd, the sound of chainsaws come from the dressing room. The crowd parts in terror as Super Leather and Chief Leatherlips run through the crowd screaming toward the ring. Buddah Khan and Eddie Manilow leap out of the ring in fear. After much pleading by referee Steve Blance, Chief Leatherlips & Super Leather finally stop their chainsaws and place them down in the corner of the ring.

SUNSET STRIP STREET FIGHT - THE VIDEO NASTIES VS. AM GOLD - The crowd was worked up into a decent frenzy but this match was bowling shoe ugly. There were plenty of chairshots, wrestling out in the crowd, and total mayhem. Chief Leatherlips and Eddie Manilow engaged in a clumsy brawl outside of the ring. Leatherlips appeared to have been injured when Eddie Manilow bodyslammed the masked brawler onto the concrete floor. Super Leather nailed Buddah Khan over the head with his chainsaw, lifted the big man up & sent him crashing to the mat with a Powerbomb for the pin at 8:18. The crowd was buzzing after this match ended. MATCH RATING - 19

“Ever since he got here, Hollyweird Grappling Company fans have been asking ‘Who is that masked man?’ Tonight in this very ring, your pal ‘The Rockabilly Bastard’ Johnny Legend is going to bring you an exclusive interview with the mysterious White Shadow. Who is he? Why is he here? The Shadow knows!”

The White Shadow joins Johnny Legend in the ring and they shake hands. “Can I call you Shadow?” The masked man nods. “The fans here want to know about the man behind the mask. What makes the White Shadow tick?”

The White Shadow scratches his chin and takes a moment contemplating Johnny Legend’s question. He opens his mouth to answer, but before he can, Pistol Pete Marquez storms the ring and shoves the White Shadow. "I've been here in the Hollyweird Grappling Company since the very beginning, Legend! And you still haven't given me a chance to tell these people out here why Pistol Pete Marquez is the best wrestler in the world today! So if you aren't going to ask me, I'm going to tell you!"

The White Shadow yanks the microphone out of Pistol Pete's hand and hands it back to Johnny Legend. "I'lll tell you what, Pete! Next month at 'Wrestle Riot', Pistol Pete Marquez takes on The White Shadow! Give me something to talk about! The winner will be interviewed following the match in the middle of this very ring and get a chance to say whatever they want!" Pistol Pete stares down The White Shadow before turning to Johnny Legend and shouting "You've got a deal!"

“THE ALASKAN” MIKE YORK VS. THE WHITE SHADOW - The crowd was hot for this match and the wrestling delivered. The White Shadow eventually gained the upper-hand and prepared to finish off the downed Mike York. York grabbed referee Steve Blance and attempted to pull himself up. With the referee distracted, a man from the crowd climbed over the barrier and smashed The White Shadow in the face with brass knuckles. The masked man fell backward to the mat and laid motionless. The mystery attacker ducked under the ring as Mike York crawled to cover The White Shadow. Referee Steve Blance looked around in confusion before counting 1...2...3 for the pin at 10:06.  Mike York raises his arm in victory as the crowd boos and throws trash. MATCH RATING 35

Mike York waves the mystery attacker into the ring. “Ladies & gentlemen, I want to introduce you to W.A.R.R.’s secret weapon…my fellow Alaskan, Jay York! Guitars & Chainsaws...the war has just begun!” Mike York laughs maniacally as Jay York taunts the booing crowd.

BOOKER'S NOTES
-A man named Bill Anderson claiming to be from the Hollywood Athletic Commission entered the locker room before the show and claimed that everyone's wrestling licenses were expired and unless he was paid $500 per wrestler, the show would be cancelled. The locker room was in a panic until Bill Anderson put on a familiar white mask. The locker room erupted in laughter when they realized they had been had by The White Shadow.
-New signee Crusher Von Haig led an impromptu karaoke session and had the boys in stitches as he belted out a gravelly rendition of Harry Nilson's "Without You".
Crusher is totally menacing and already might be the best promo in HGC. He might be HGC's Next Big Thing.
-All I have to do is send Johnny Legend out there with a microphone and he is able to improv and cut great promos.
-We need some comedic relief and I gave Mexican luchador Super Muneco and Southern Californian journeymen Dr. Z a shot. Dr. Z had a bad night and was just off his game. Super Muneco might have gotten himself a job tonight.
-On a scale of 1 to 100, I give my performance tonight an 11. Once again I was the weak-link in The Video Nasties vs. AM Gold Sunset Strip Street Fight.  The match was so chaotic, I think it covered up the fact that Eddie Manilow & I had a really terrible brawl. When Manilow slammed me on the concrete floor, a pain shot down my spine and my legs temporarily went numb. Backstage, Mike York told me it sounds like I got a stinger and I should be feeling fine in a week.
-OVERALL SHOW RATING 32.

Crusher Von Haig.JPG

Dr Z.JPG

Super Muneco.jpg

AROUND THE TERRITORIES - APRIL 1983
-Big Bear Promotions has risen to Tiny size.
-Stampede has risen to Medium size.
-Southeastern Championship Wrestling has risen to Tiny size.
-Yoshiaki Yatsu walked out on WCCW after being frustrated about being used as enhancement talent.
-Troy Graham waks out of CWF after being used as enhancement talent.
-Road Warrior Hawk (Crusher Von Haig), George South, and Bull Nakano have entered the world of wrestling.
-Professor Toru Tanaka and Geoff Portz have retired from the wrestling business. Lou Thesz, Beverly Shade, and Bob Orton Sr. will be retiring in the coming months.
-Ray Stevens will be out of action for 6 months to recover from a staff infection. Jim Wilson will be unable to compete for 1 year due to torn rotator cuff.
-"Southwest Championship Wrestling" has ended it's run on the USA Network.

Results
-In the main event of WWF's End of the Month MSG Show, Bob Backlund defeated Superstar Billy Graham to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Title.
-In the main event of GCW's End of Month Spectacular in the Southeast region, Stan Hansen defeated Ole Anderson.
-In the main event of AWA's "Super Sunday" at the St. Paul Civic Center, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Butch Reed.
-In the main event of JCP's "Crockett Cup" in the Mid Atlantic territory, Greg Valentine defeated Roddy Piper to retain the NWA United States Heavyweight title.
-In the main event of WCCW's End of Month Spectacular at the Lauglin Riverside Hotel, David Von Erich defeated Ernie Ladd to retain the NWA Texas Heavyweight title.

ROLL CALL OF CHAMPIONS

JIM CROCKETT PROMOTIONS

Women's Title - Wendi Richter

NWA American Heavyweight Title - Dusty Rhodes
NWA Brass Knuckles Title - Bobby Fulton

HOLLYWEIRD GRAPPLING COMPANY "WRESTLE RIOT"

Friday, Week 4, May 1983, Abandoned Hollywood Warehouse, 58 in attendance.

Johnny Legend stands in the middle of the ring and addresses the in attendance. “"Drunks, freaks, punks, geeks, my name is Johnny Legend and this is ‘Wrestle Riot’! And if it’s a riot you want, it’s a riot you are going to get in the main event when the most notorious tag team in pro wrestling The Alaskans, Mike & Jay York, take on the slasher film come to life, Chief Leatherlips and Super Leather,…The Video Nasties!”

“Before we ring the bell for tonight’s first bout, I am about to make the biggest announcement in the history of the Hollyweird Grappling Company…and possibly the world! Next month at the first annual ‘Rockabilly Rumble’, 10 of the wildest & craziest wrestlers will compete in a battle royal like no other for the most prestigious title in all of pro wrestling, named in honor of a recently deceased true Los Angeles legend 'Classy' Freddie Blassie…the King of Men Crown! Tickets will be on sale following tonight’s main event! Now, onto our first match of the night!”

BORN TO BE WILD (HARLEY DAVIDSON & CRUSHER VON HAIG) VS. AM GOLD ("BARRY'S COUSIN" EDDIE MANILOW & BUDDAH KHAN) – There was decent heat for this chaotic match where the rules were bent, chairs were swung, and action frequently spilled out of the ring. The wrestling wasn't particularly good, Harley & Crusher botched several tag team maneuvers, but the crowd popped when Harley Davidson nailed  Eddie Manilow with a big boot for the pin at 9:48. MATCH RATING - 20

Johnny Legend enters the ring to interview the winners, Born to Be Wild. “Harley & Crusher, you certainly lived up to your name tonight! What do you have to say for yourselves?”

Harley Davidson grabs the mic. “I want to send a message to Mike & Jay York! And…I…well…I’m so angry right now I can’t remember what I was going to say! Crusher, you tell ‘em, brother!””

Harley Davidson slaps his tag team partner Crusher Von Haig on the back to speak, “Me & Crusher here are going to give you one chance to buy a Greyhound bus ticket to Alaska and get out of Hollywood with your health and dignity! You just saw Born to be Wild roll right over AM Gold! And Alaskans, if you don’t skip town, you are going to be roadkill!”

DR. Z VS. SUPER MUNECO – Super Muneco combined lucha & comedy and Dr. Z  played the straight man in a decent comedy match that gave the crowd a chance to come down from the chaos of the previous match. Super Muneco pinned Dr. Z following a Tope Suicida at 7:31.  MATCH RATING - 23

Super Muneco looks for children in the crowd to toss his candy to before realizing he is standing in the middle of a crowd of drunk, rowdy adults in a decrepit warehouse in the seedy side of Hollywood. He tosses the candy into the cheering crowd and high-fives the fans on his way back to the dressing room.

A familiar roar echoes throughout the warehouse and the crowd parts as the chainsaw wielding maniacs The Video Nasties, Chief Leatherlips & Super Leather, terrorize the crowd and storm the ring.

THE VIDEO NASTIES (CHIEF LEATHERLIPS & SUPER LEATHER) VS. THE ALASKANS (JAY & MIKE YORK) – The crowd is hot as Leatherlips & Super Leather duke it out with Mike & Jay York. Super Leather looks like a monster in the ring, but Jay & Mike York are able to cut Leatherlips off from his partner in the corner. Mike York pinned Chief Leatherlips following a piledriver at 9:32. MATCH RATING – 24

Johnny Legend enters the ring to interview the victorious Alaskans, Jay & Mike York. Before he can ask his question, Mike York violently yanks the microphone from his hands. Jay York stands behind his tag team partner and pats him on the back as he speaks. “Let me tell you something, Legend! You might as well cancel the ‘Rockabilly Rumble’ right now and crown me the ‘King of Men’right here! Because The Alaskans ain’t going nowhere! And we are going to toss Harley Davidson and Crusher Von Haig out of the ring like the total garbage they are! This is W.A.R.R. and as the general of my army, I’m coming out of the ‘Rockabilly Rumble’ on top! And I'm going to lead my men to victory over Guitars & Chainsaws and we are going to drive rock n' roll out of pro wrestling for good!”

Booker Notes

-Eddie Manilow wasn’t happy with tonight’s finish, but Crusher Von Haig stood over my shoulder cracking his knuckles and Eddie quickly became much more agreeable.

-Johnny Legend had the crowd in the palm of his hand tonight.

-Harley Davidson and Crusher Von Haig just don’t work well together as a team. Their timing was all over the place.

-The chaotic nature of the match hid just how poorly Eddie Manilow did in the match.

-Harley Davidson was absolutely awful improving on the microphone. A total disaster.

-Mike York is a total ring general and really carried tonight's main event.

-Once again I stunk up the joint and really struggled to keep-up with everyone else in the ring. On a scale of 1-100, I’d give myself a 14.

-We lost $1,017 on this show and are currently $5,587 in the hole since we started.

-OVERALL SHOW RATING: 26.

AROUND THE TERRITORIES - MAY 1983
-American Wrestling Association and Championship Wrestling Assocation have risen to Medium size.
-Owner of the Central States promotion Bob Geigel has passed away at the age of 58 of natural causes. Former San Francisco wrestling promoter Roy Shire has become the new head of the  Central States promotion.
-Los Angeles wrestling legend "Classy" Freddie Blassie has passed away at the age of 65 of natural causes. He was working for WWF as a manager when he passed.
-Masa Saito has signed a written contract with the WWF.
-The Battan Twins, Brad & Bart, have entered the world of pro wrestling.
-In what feels like the changing of the guard and the passing of a generation, wrestlers Mario Milano, Gene Anderson, Dick the Bruiser, Bull Ramos, Stan Frazier, Ron Miller, Tor Kamata, Steve Rickard, John Tolos, Bob Bruggers, Rene Goulet, Moose Cholak, Gypsy Joe, Great Goliath, El Santo, Dave McKigney, Whipper Billy Watson, Pampero Firpo, Tojo Yamamoto, Dick Steinborn, Dick Brower, Diamond Lil, Blue Demon, Lou Thesz, Natasha the Hatchet Lady, Mickey Garagiola, Man Mountain Mike, Kintaro Ohki, Black Gordman, Rick Hunter, Donna Christenello, Chirs Markoff, Ann Casey , Paul Boesch, Little Beaver, Verne Gagne, The Professional, The Crusher, Penny Mitchell, Pedro Morales, Baron Mike Scicluna, Angelo Savoldi, The Mad Russian, Sonny Myers, Lord Littlebrook, Lord James Blears, Killer Karl Kox, Geto Mongol, Mighty Igor, Mark Lewin, and Chris Tolos have all announced they will be retiring in the coming months.
-Wrestler Desiree Peterson is expecting her first child and will be leaving on maternity leave in the next month. She correctly wrestles for the WWF.

RESULTS
-In the main event of AWA's End-of-the-Month Show in the Northwest territory, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Bobby Duncum to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title.
-Wahoo McDaniel defeated Nick Bockwinkel on an AWA Tour show in the Mid West (Saturday, Week 3)
-Magnum T.A. defeated Shotgun Willie on an AWA Tour show in the Mid West (Saturday, Weed 4) for the vacant AWA Light Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of GCW's End of Month Spectacular at the San Antonio Junction, Randy Savage defeated Mike Graham to retain the NWA National Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of JCP's "Clash of Champions I" at Greensboro Coliseum, Andre the Giant defeated Bruiser Brody to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title.
-On the Wednesday, Week 2 episode of  JCP's "Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, Black Bart defeated Mike Rotundo for the NWA Television title.

-In the main event of WCCW's "Parade of Champions" in the Mid-South territory, Andre the Giant defeated Kevin Sullivan in a Steel Cage to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title.
-On the Thursday, Week 2 episode of WCCW's "World Class Championship Wrestling", Bill Irwin & King Kong Bundy defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes).

-In the main event of the WWF's End of Month MSG Show, Bob Backlund defeated Don Muraco to retain the WWF World Heavyweight title.
-On the Wednesday, Week 2 episode of WWF's "WWF-All Star Wrestling", The Wild Samoans defeated Ivan Putski & Tito Santana for the vacant WWF World Tag Team Championship titles.

-In the main event of an outlaw show in Edmonton, Alberta, Al Tomko & Moose Morowski defeated Gilles Poisson & Sailow White.

-In the main event of World Wrestling Council's "Aftermath" in Puerto Rico, Andre the Giant defeated Ric Flair in an I Quit Match for the NWA World Heavyweight title.

ROLL CALL OF CHAMPIONS

World Heavyweight Title - Wahoo McDaniel
World Light Heavyweight Title - Magnum T.A.

JIM CROCKETT PROMOTIONS
NWA Television Title - Black Bart

NWA World Heavyweight Title - Andre the Giant

NWA American Tag Team Title - Bill Irwin & King Kong Bundy

World Tag Team Championship Titles - The Wild Samoans

HOLLYWEIRD GRAPPLING COMPANY "ROCKABILLY RUMBLE"

Friday, Week 4, June 1983, Abandoned Hollywood Warehouse, 60 in attendance.

Johnny Legend stands in the middle of the ring and addresses the 60 in attendance. "Drunks, freaks, punks, geeks, my name is Johnny Legend and I’m the #1 wrestling promoter in the world today! And tonight I am bringing you the most the wildest and weirdest battle royal in all of pro wrestilng...the Rockabilly Rumble! Ten men will battle to be crowned not only the king of pro wrestling...but the King of Men!"

Johnny Legend welcomes Harley Davidson, Crusher Von Haig, and Super Leather, collectively known as Guitars & Chainsaws, to the ring.  "Harley, Crusher, Leather...give me your predictions. Who is walking out of the Rockabilly Rumble the first King of Men?"

Harley Davidson interjects "You've got three of the toughest pro wrestlers in the business standing right here, Legend. The only prediction I am making is that the King of Men Crown is leaving with Guitars & Chainsaws! Any one of us is worthy of wearing the King of Men Crown! Tell 'em, Crusher!"

Crusher Von Haig barks into the microphone. "That's right, Harley! Me, Harley, and Super Leather here are gonna toss Mike York, Eddie Manilow, Buddha Khan, Pistol Pete Marquez, and anyone else who gets in our way over the top rope and crack their skulls on concrete!"

Johnny Legend sticks the microphone in Super Leather's face. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" The masked wild man screams.

"Well, Harley Davidson, Crusher Von Haig, and Super Leather might be joined in the Rockabilly Rumble by another member of Guitars & Chainsaws or be facing off against another member of Wrestlers Against Rock n' Roll. Let's find out in tonight's first Rockabilly Rumble Qualifying Match as the wrestling weirdo Chief Leatherlips takes on "The Alaskan" Jay York!"

Chief Leatherlips bursts out of the locker room and fires up his chainsaw. The crowd parts as Chief Leatherlips wildy swings around his chainsaw as he stomps toward the ring.

Chief Leatherlips vs. Jay York – Referee Steve Blance struggles to keep control as Chief Leatherlips and Jay York throw the rulebook out of the window and choke, punch, and hit each other with various items around the ring in an incredibly sloppy match.  Jay York abruptly hits Chief Leatherlips with a hook clothesline for the pin at 5:06. It's a typically inebriated HGC crowd and the crowd is buzzing after laughing at and heckling the wrestlers in the ring. MATCH RATING 7.

Mike York, Eddie Manilow, and Buddha Khan enter the ring and congratulate Jay York on winning the Rockabilly Rumble Qualifying Match. Johnny Legend enters the ring to interview the winner but Mike York yanks the microphone from him and speaks. "I'd like to personally congratulate my fellow Alaskan Jay York on his win over that freak Chief Leatherlips! He will be joining the W.A.R.R. army tonight to make sure that at the end of the night, the crown is placed on their general's head and Mike York is declared King of Men!" Mike York drops the microphone and the other members of W.A.R.R. follow him out of the ring.

Johnny Legend picks up the microphone off the mat. "We are going to find out who the first Hollyweird Grappling Company King of Men will be. But first, we need to find the 10th Rockabilly Rumble participant! Up next is the final Rockabilly Rumble Qualifying Match of the Night – the masked brawler Dr. Z versus the lucha-clown Super Muneco!"

Super Muneco vs. Dr. Z – Super Muneco somersaults around the ring, evading the increasingly frustrated Dr. Z in a decent match that had the crowd laughing. Super Muneco defeated Dr. Z with a tope suicida and rolls him into the ring for the pin at 5:43. MATCH RATING 25

Super Muneco tosses handfuls of candy into the crowd. The fans in attendance scrounge the candy off of the filthy warehouse floor.

Johnny Legend enters the ring. "It ain't a Rockabilly Rumble without the rockabilly! So tonight, your pal 'The Rockabilly Bastard' Johnny Legend and his band is going to give you exactly that! This one is called 'Rockabilly Rumble' and it goes like this..." Johnny Legend and his band perform a wild version of "Rockabilly Rumble" for the dancing, drunken fans.

ROCKABILLY RUMBLE (Buddha Khan, Crusher Von Haig, Eddie Manilow, Harley Davidson, Jay York, Mike York, Pistol Pete Marquez, Super Leather, Super Muneco, The White Shadow) – The bell rings and the 10-men begin to brawl. Crusher Von Haig sends the most bodies over the top rope. Crusher Von Haig, Harley Davidson, Jay York, and Mike York are the final four. Crusher Von Haig charges Mike & Jay York, but the Alaskans duck and send him over the top rope with a double-backdrop. Harley Davidson nails Jay York with a big boot which sends him over the top rope. As Jay York holds his head and shouts expletives at Harley Davidson, Mike York sneaks up from behind and tosses Harley over the top rope at 19:31 for the HGC King of Men Crown! . MATCH RATING 27

Mike York snatches the HGC King of Men Crown from referee Steve Blance and places it upon his head. The crowd boos and showers him with garbage as he raises his arms triumphantly in the air.

Booker’s Notes

-I was really off my game tonight but the chaotic nature of the match helped hide how badly I was performing. On a scale of 1-100, I give myself a 14.

-Crusher Von Haig is a natural on the mic and I gave him a shot to organize the W.A.R.R. promo but it was a bit of a mess and he isn’t ready for this responsibility.

-Johnny Legend continues to be a master on the microphone.

-Buddha Khan & Super Leather were off their game. Jay York was really off his game tonight, stumbling around the ring and getting in the way.

-This event was another money loser. We lost $1,053 and are currently in the hole for $6,640. It might be time to let most of the out of town talent go or at least use them more sparingly.

-OVERALL RATING : 30. Increased popularity in 1 region.

AROUND THE TERRITORIES – JUNE 1983

-Southwest Championship Wrestling has risen to Small size.

-Riki Choshu, Jake Roberts, and Otto Wanz has signed written contracts with the AWA.

-Stan Lane and Terry Taylor have signed written contract extensions with the CWA.

-Jimmy Snuka & Don Muraco have signed written contract extensions with the WWF.

-Lt. James Earl Wright has quit SECW to devote more time to GCW.

-Kerry Brown was tired of the AGPW tour and quit the company.

-Ron Hutchison and Lanny Kean have entered the world of wrestling.

-Pat Roach, Nelson Royal, Dominic DeNucci, and Ox Baker will be announcing in the coming months.

-In a tragic story, promoter Ann Gunkel died in a traffic accident at the age of 46.

-Kerry Von Erich took some verbal shots Gene Petit on a Dallas radio show.

-The AWA signed a broadcast deal with CKND-TV in Winnipeg to broadcast “AWA All-Star Wrestling”.

-Desiree Petersen has gone on maternity leave.

-Buzz Sawyer was caught in possession of marijuana.

RESULTS

-In the main event of AWA’s All-Star Wrestling, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Curt Hennig to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of GCW’s End of Month Spectacular at Rehoboth Beach Convention Center, Andre the Giant defeated Ric Flair to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

-In the main event of MSW’s The Big One, Kamala defeated the Junkyard Dog to retain the Mid-South North American title.

-In the main event of WCCW’s June Star Wars, David Von Erich defeated Ernie Ladd to retain the NWA Texas Heavyweight title.

-In the main event of WWF’s End of the Month MSG Show, Superstar Billy Graham defeated Jimmy Snuka.

ROLL CALL OF CHAMPIONS
GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (#1 PROMOTION)

WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION (#2 PROMOTION)
World Tag Team Championship Titles - The Wild Samoans

AMERICAN WRESTLING ASSOCIATION (#3 PROMOTION)
World Heavyweight Title - Wahoo McDaniel
World Light Heavyweight Title - Magnum T.A.

WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING (#4 PROMOTION)
NWA American Tag Team Title - Bill Irwin & King Kong Bundy

MID-SOUTH WRESTLING (#5 PROMOTION)
Mid-South North American Title - Kamala
Mid-South Tag Team Titles - Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II
Mid-South Television Title - Chris Adams