EP's Collected Suggestions Thread

Okay, so hear me out. There is being strong against (resisting the damage of) the various elemental attacks. There's also being weak against (lowered defense against) the same. They're even potentially split up by the range of the attack, which is neat. Character Class (Human, Mutant, Metahuman, Animal, Technological, Supernatural, you get it) have powers that make the character stronger against of them. Hunter Of reduces their defense score. Scourge Of makes that character's attack powers do more damage against them. And Hardened Against increases the character's defense score against that Character Class.

So...what I'm thinking is, flip that around, maybe? Like there's an animal lover who can't quite fully bring themselves to hit any Animals. Or someone under a terrible curse that makes them worse at dodging the attacks of Undead. You see what I mean? Lover Of as the opposite of Hunter Of. Weakened Against as the opposite of Hardened Against. Maybe find a synonym for Lover because of unfortunate implications. Aficionado? I dunno. Anyway, does that sound interesting to have available?

Edited by Eternal Phoenix
  • Like 1

And while we're here...

Is there a reason that Resistant to X Attack Type exists in Melee, Ranged, and Shockwave forms but not in All? Resistant to X Damage and Weakness to X Attack have the full set, but Attack does not. Was this intentional or an oversight?

A few more ethnicities would also be good. There's two individual luchadores in the default DB and they're not Mexican. Japanese and Chinese but no Korean. No Middle Eastern, Indian, or flavors of African. I admit these are mostly (except for Mexican) niche, but I'm a completionist at heart and I doubt it'd take very long to do.

• Eternal Phoenix changed the title to EP's Collected Suggestion Thread

One more thing, as Jackie Chan's Uncle said to him in every episode.

As it stands right now, Mental Attack and Defense are only used for two powers. Mental Psychic Attack and Telepathy. I'm not including any buff/debuff powers as they're pointless without a power that actually uses the stat being buffed or debuffed. This is...pretty limited compared with Melee, Ranged, and Outsmart. My proposal? Copy some of what Outsmart can do in Support Powers. Mainly I'm thinking about the Outsmart to Reduce X powers. They can be named Mental Attack to Reduce X, or anything better you may think of. This gives Mental Attack and Defense more to do while retaining something unique for Outsmart, namely Outsmart All Powers, Outsmart Single Power, and Outsmart Lure Into Ambush. What do you think?

Edited by Eternal Phoenix

• Eternal Phoenix changed the title to EP's Collected Suggestions Thread
  • 2 weeks later...

Here I am circling back around with some new suggestions. You have the Assassin personality power. Why not Thief? Players could make Thieves Guild. That'd be neat. But the meat, today? I'd like Villain Schemes that can target other, unallied villains. Like Poison Ivy finds out Lex Luthor's polluting TF out of the environment and tries to kill him for it. Or Black Cat robs the wrong guy and he sics Bullseye on her. Or simply when Gotham has it's gang wars or Marvel's Maggia has another falling out among the membership. Stuff like that. Right now villains all seem to be on the same page regarding doing the villainy, and that's just not how comic storytelling has ever worked. So if Villain Schemes could target other unallied villains as well as Civilians, Heroes, and Nemeses, that'd also be pretty neat. But uh, maybe not Corruption. That'd be just weird. 😅

• Like 1