Characters with no attacks can flee/struggle

Very occasionally you'll end up with a situation where the villains have essentially won, and all you've got left on your side is a support character with no attacks. Rather than force you to play out the turns, or hit the dreaded 'Surrender' button, I thought it would be more in keeping with the way consequences are handled in other areas (due to snake eyes) if characters with no attacks had the option to 'flee'. I would see this as a consequence roll with the very worst options less likely (more likely to flee unscathed or with a minor injury than to take a significant injury), but maybe with an additional penalty (maybe to hero points?) somewhere else to reflect such a cowardly act.

There might be situations where you're essentially stalling to try and meet the win condition (siege, round timer if you're ahead on damage) intentionally even though you have no attacks. My preference would be that if a character is purely a support character and/or has no attacks then clinging on for the win condition is a bit gamey. You've lost and you're trying to exploit the game's victory conditions to cover your ass. Wink hiding in cover for three rounds wouldn't stop a baddy just walking up to the civilian they're trying to hurt and hurting them. So, I would even go so far as to make this an automatic feature for if your team has no way left to exert offensive pressure but can understand why maybe some people would want it as an option rather than a forced condition.

The other solution would be to throw in something akin to Pokémon's 'Struggle' mechanic, which provides a way for all combatants to have access to some type of offensive pressure. Maybe a 1 damage (1 min) melee attack that requires a 4-6 d1 roll to activate. It's awful, but it means you're technically still fighting. That would help for this situation where you have no way of causing damage and are just stalling/surrendering, but also the rarer situation where your offensive character has reached their offensive move's usage limit and can now no longer attack (only come across this with Thrilla Gorilla, and honestly it's such a weird situation I've thought about raising it as a technical support issue with his move set - surely he's not supposed to just have two/three attacks).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Masked Orange said:

(only come across this with Thrilla Gorilla, and honestly it's such a weird situation I've thought about raising it as a technical support issue with his move set - surely he's not supposed to just have two/three attacks).

That is an error, only his charge should be limited. Version 1.4 of the database is available from the patch thread and addresses the issue.