TEW/WMMA on the Steam Deck

Hello all it's been awhile but id like to share some news. I've purchased a steam deck and was able to install both wmma and tew on a micro SD card and have them running flawlessly! 

I followed this tutorial to get windows installed on the SD card and was able to download it normally from there. I saw some posts about this before when i googled it and people on reddit/here I believe were confused. 

Edited by Munit

27 minutes ago, Munit said:

been using a monitor but when i disconnected it showed up on the screen perfectly, a bit small tho. no res issues tho or anything. also you can change the resolution on the deck with windows on a microsd

Would you be willing to take a picture with your phone of the screen when you're using the Steam Deck. Just wondering if it's readable and stuff. Is Steam Deck touch screen? Does it work like a mouse?

7 minutes ago, d12345 said:

Would you be willing to take a picture with your phone of the screen when you're using the Steam Deck. Just wondering if it's readable and stuff. Is Steam Deck touch screen? Does it work like a mouse?

yeah i got you. its super convenient lol. its kinda cute like a mini version of the game on the deck. If you run it normally it isnt cut off, slightly cut off when  i disconnected the monitor. kinda wild how easy this all is . touch screen works with everything. what a great device 

0.jpg

20221220_205213.jpg

Edited by Munit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To play on my phone (Android and iOS over the years) I’ve been using Google Remote Desktop for a while, and TeamViewer before that until they flagged me as a commercial account for whatever reason. It’s so true, once you can play on a mobile platform, you open it all the time. 

Edited by soxfan93

Yeah its beyond convenient lol. I can play it when I go on my little vacations on the go and such now. I use a laptop but it was really straining my eyes since I use it for work all day anyways. This is super nice and a little mini version on the go with all the features.  (laying in bed playing almost feels like cheating lol)

Edited by Munit

• 3 months later...
On 4/7/2023 at 3:46 AM, michgcs said:

Thinking of buying a Steam Deck, sorry for bumping an old thread, but do you guys still play TEW on it?

I did and i accidently fried my SD card in the deck lol so I moved it to my pc. It runs well, little cut off on the right but I didnt find it to be a big deal at all. I bought a little mini monitor for the deck too and it optimized perfectly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Munit said:

I did and i accidently fried my SD card in the deck lol so I moved it to my pc. It runs well, little cut off on the right but I didnt find it to be a big deal at all. I bought a little mini monitor for the deck too and it optimized perfectly. 

That sounds reeeally enticing, thank you for the response! 😋

• 7 months later...
On 12/21/2022 at 10:23 AM, Munit said:

Yeah its beyond convenient lol. I can play it when I go on my little vacations on the go and such now. I use a laptop but it was really straining my eyes since I use it for work all day anyways. This is super nice and a little mini version on the go with all the features.  (laying in bed playing almost feels like cheating lol)

not gonna lie i keep it on the edge of my table and lay in bed but it nice. just play whenever you want.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:41 AM, ShaunGBD said:

not gonna lie i keep it on the edge of my table and lay in bed but it nice. just play whenever you want.

Awesome to hear! It defaintly changed my life, lol! Honestly would recommend some sort of monitor/tablet thing to connect it to tho cause the screen is just so small. for the people on here that dont like the smaller screen. I bought myself a budget one from amazon that does the job. Ended up giving the steam deck to the wife though, and upgrade to the ROG Ally. Same difference though, just window's based. These little things are the future. 

Edited by Munit