So, I am making my own totally custom universe (very small scale at first) and I have a couple of questions.

As the heading states, do you think, if done slowly and thoughtfully, would it be possible? What things should i take into account? Should i create a pair of workers with huge chemistry just to make sure it stars out okay? Or just pit two workers against each other and hope for the best?

Can i add workers, companies, etc to the database AFTER i have started? Do i just create them and import them?

Is there any general advice as i continue to create?

Thanks ahead of time.

7 hours ago, Shaman_at-Dawn said:

So, I am making my own totally custom universe (very small scale at first) and I have a couple of questions.

As the heading states, do you think, if done slowly and thoughtfully, would it be possible? What things should i take into account? Should i create a pair of workers with huge chemistry just to make sure it stars out okay? Or just pit two workers against each other and hope for the best?

Can i add workers, companies, etc to the database AFTER i have started? Do i just create them and import them?

Is there any general advice as i continue to create?

Thanks ahead of time.

Anyone can make a database, so yes it's possible. The things you'll need to take account of are purely dependent on what you want your universe to look like. Again, depends on what you're wanting. I would think chemistry is one of the lesser important things when making or thinking about a database.

You can add most things at any time. Obviously you'd need workers to be able to assign contracts, and a company to assign them to. Similar with starting storylines. But most things can be done in any order you choose. If you're creating them in the database you're using, you won't need to import anything. You'd only need to import if you're creating the workers from a separate database. 

My experience with creating a database from scratch is incredibly limited. I've only (very briefly) helped with creating workers for a database. The person that was heading that project laid out what they were looking for in each region and then made companies for those regions. Workers were then created to fill rosters for these promotions, followed by creating the unemployed wrestlers for the region. If I recall correctly, 1 region was focused on at a time. I assume after that, you'd want to do playtest/longterm sim to see how the world plays out to ensure the companies run as you'd expect them to. Making sure they're not hemorrhaging cash, going out of business, not producing show ratings around their popularity etc etc

It's a very complicated process and very time consuming. It is however, an absolutely wonderfully creative outlet!