Game stopped working - Parallels for MAC

I've been using TEW on Parallels for MAC perfectly fine for a while now, but it suddenly stopped loading. 

I'm trying to load in Admin mode, and the window comes up but it completely black and has a spinning wheel cursor, and eventually gives up and I get the option to wait till it responds or just close it down. 

I've uninstalled entirely, downloaded the Trial version (which worked fine) but then when I put in the latest patch the error came back and I can't load the program at all. 

I originally posted this on Tech Support but because I'm using an emulator, Adam suggested trying here instead.

Edited by Kernowverse

I run TEW 2020 on Parallels also and am doing so with no issues. Other than some slightly sluggish responses to clicks (example clicking on a different worker won't always switch right away). 

One issue I ran into is that there is an elicense version and the one with the new system. That caused it not to open until I downloaded the correct version. Did you confirm that you downloaded the right version? I say that because the trial works but the game does not and that's a potential difference. 

That's my only guess. 

• Thanks 1

Ah this might well be the issue. 

It was working perfectly fine for a good long while, then one day just... stopped.

To attempt to fix it, I uninstalled and then downloaded the Demo which I patched to retail with the latest patch. 

When I try to download the retail version straight up, the page opens and closes but nothing happens. 

What's the other version?

3 hours ago, Kernowverse said:

It was working perfectly fine for a good long while, then one day just... stopped.

To attempt to fix it, I uninstalled and then downloaded the Demo which I patched to retail with the latest patch. 

When I try to download the retail version straight up, the page opens and closes but nothing happens. 

If you have an e license code (most likely since you said you played it for a long time) you need to uninstall the current version and install the “e license download” listed at the bottom of this page:

https://greydogsoftware.com/title/tew-2020/

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Idolized said:

If you have an e license code (most likely since you said you played it for a long time) you need to uninstall the current version and install the “e license download” listed at the bottom of this page:

https://greydogsoftware.com/title/tew-2020/

thank you so much for that. I was really hoping that would work but... no dice. 

I've uninstalled what I had, installed the elicense version, same problem. 

Loading in Admin mode and I get the TEW Window opening, but it's all black and eventually it just crashes. 

5 minutes ago, Idolized said:

Are you running the latest update of parallels? I’m not sure what could be causing your issue. I’ve ran it on multiple versions of parallels and have never had an issue 

yeah all is up to date and I'm not having trouble with anything else. 

Oddly it will run the Trial version fine, but once I add the patch to upgrade to retail or try the elicence version, no dice. 

I thought maybe I had a corrupted file or something, so I deleted everything to do with TEW and started from fully scratch. Still nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 7:24 AM, Kernowverse said:

I just noticed your reply / question. So even though I think your issue is something else I'll answer that it's a different licensing system called Dayspring. I'm pretty sure you have to rebuy it but if you contact tech support with this issue maybe they'll let you have it (and deactivate the elicense one) as a way to address the issue. 

Edit: I'll mention it just in case but make sure you are downloading the elicense download, NOT the retail download. Edit to add: I see that you did that but I'll leave it for other users as it addressed my problem so it might be useful to somebody. 

Judging from the other posts I don't think that's the issue though. Hope it got solved. 

Edited by ExRufas2000