GCG: Oudou Revival

[IMG]http://geocities.com/cultofswift/gcg.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="Red"][B]Jinsei Horiguchi, New Head Booker of GCG! 6/2/06[/B][/COLOR] [i]by Oudou2K6 at [url]www.puroresustop.com/gcg[/url][/i] At 12:00 PM, Hanshiro Furusawa, owner and head booker of Golden Canvas Grappling held a press conference at what is considered holy ground for the promotion, Kagawa Sports Field. He addressed the current slump in show attendances for GCG--due in large part because of BHOTWG and PGHW's string of hot shows--saying that there will be a solution to this, one that could prove to turn around GCG's fortunes. He then introduced Jinsei Horiguchi, for those unfamiliar with him, he originally came through BHOTWG's FIRE Academy, but was released when it was said he didn't have the spirit for wrestling. He moved on to GCG's SUPLEX Dojo and finished up training there, debuting for the promotion in 1995. Horiguchi retired in 2000, having won the Openweight title once and two tag titles, he then went on to create the promotion, Project: GIANT J, a promotion to showcase Japan's junior heavyweight talent. The promotion was bought by Elemental and Elemental II in March 2006 when Horiguchi could no longer finance it. Which brings us to now, Furusawa said he saw the success of GIANT J between 2001 and 2004, it's hottest years. He said that Horiguchi's creative genius could be the kick that GCG needs and declared Jin Horiguchi the new head booker. After that, Jinsei Horiguchi stepped out before the press and told them of his plans. One of the said plans was that Hito Ichihara, who left PGHW to assist pupil Furusawa in the booking duties of GCG, was now in charge of SUPLEX Dojo saying that the father of MMA could build the perfect fighters that GCG will need for the future. Next, he reminded the crowd of the extremely competitive era in GCG, 1990-1995...when even though business was bad financially, the action was intense and brutal. He said there will be a return to that era in 2006 and that it will start with the "Summer Fury Tour", kicking off next month. Finally, he said a goal of GCG was to get at least an hour-thirty on television to show Japan GCG's new found fire, but he acknowledged that to do that, he would have to show what the promotion can do with the thirty minutes they have. Horiguchi the closed with "While the fate of GCG in this crucial time lies in the hands of the new generation on stage now, that the students that are training in SUPLEX is what will drive the competitive spirit of GCG through the roof." Afterwards, all questions were directed to Hanshiro Furusawa.

[COLOR="Red"][b]"Summer Fury Tour 2006" Cards, 6/6/06[/b][/COLOR] [i]by Oudou2K6 at [url]www.puroresustop.com/oudou[/url][/i] [b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (Shikoku Regional TV), 7/5/06 Kagawa Sports Field (2,000) Shikoku[/b] Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Henry Bennett & Julian Watson Dark Angel vs. Eagle Kawasawa Pete Hall & "Mad" Jack Marlowe vs. Naonobu Murkami & Jimmy Cox Yoshifusa Maeda vs. Eiji Hamacho Kazu Yoshizawa vs. Naonobu Murkami [b]GCG, 7/7/06 Nomura Town Gym (1,000) Shikoku[/b] Genji "Quick Kick" Nakao vs. Shotaro Ikina Hirokichi Yoemon vs. Takayuki 2000 [b]GCG World Title #1 Contender Showdown:[/b] Eiji Hamacho vs. Pete Hall Hiroyasu Gakusha vs. Yoshifusa Maeda [b]GCG World Title #1 Contender Showdown:[/b] Kazu Yoshizawa vs. Naonobu Murkami [b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (Shikoku Regional TV), 7/12/06 Kochi Citizen Gym (2,000) Shikoku[/b] [b]GCG, 7/14/06 Tokushima Arena (1,000) Shikoku[/b] [b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (SRTV), 7/19/06 Kagawa Sports Field (2,000) Shikoku[/b] [b]GCG, 7/21/06 Asaka Municipal Gym (1,000) Honshu[/b] [b]GCG, 7/22/06 Asaka Municipal Gym (1,000) Honshu[/b] [b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (SRTV), 7/26/06 Kyoto Arena (2,000) Honshu[/b] [b]GCG, 7/28/06 Asaka Municipal Gym (1,000) Honshu[/b] [b]GCG, 7/30/06 Kagawa Sports Field (2,000) Shikoku[/b]

[color="red"][b]GCG Official Roster, 6/6/06[/b][/color] [i]Oudou2K6, [url]www.puroresustop.com/gcg[/url][/i] After sometime on GCG's official site, I've finally found the link that shows the current roster. It looks like it's in good enough shape, however, GCG will need more television time if they wish to showcase some of these talented workers to Japan. The following quicklist only has wrestlers who are in GCG at the moment as SUPLEX hasn't listed their trainees yet. [b][u]GCG[/b][/u] (Atsushi) Takayuki 2000 Eagle Kawasawa Eiji Hamacho Genji "Quick Kick" Nakao Harumi "Shocker" Okazawaya Hirokichi "Strong Style" Yoemon Hiroyasu Gakusha Jimmy Cox Kazu Yoshizawa Mitsunari Fugunaga Namboku Makuda Naonobu Murkami Pete Hall Sessue Kawate Toshiharu Hyobanshi [b][u]Freelance[/b][/u] Black Eagle (CZCW) Charlie Whistler (NYCW) Dark Angel (NOTBPW) Henry Bennett Jack Marlowe Julian Watson Nathan Coleman Rhino Umaga Samoan Machine UK Dragon Yasuhide Tayama (WEXXV)

[color="red"][b]GCG Wrestler Invasion, 6/13/06[/b][/color] [i]Randy Sakuragawa, [url]www.grapplefanatics.com[/url][/i] As you may have seen on the initial cards for the "Summer Fury Tour" (if not go to PuroresuStop, they have the cards up) there are a few new faces to GCG. One of the biggest newcomers is "Raging Bull" Eiji Hamacho. On his blog, he said that he was displeased with his position in BHOTWG and with the matches he was often put in stating: [i]"While I had many good matches with BHOTWG (Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods), I don't feel as though I was used to my full potential--meaning not getting the matches against true competition. While I am grateful for BHOTWG have done for me, but I didn't feel that (Kaneie) Komine and (Hooded) Kudo had my best interest in mind. I am pleased to be heading to GCG, dispite its many misfortunes, I can see it making a turn for the better in the second half of the year and there are many good wrestlers I have had the chance to face in my career."[/i] [b]Eiji Hamacho 5/25/06[/b] Also, heading to GCG is Harumi Okazawaya, son of the legendary Hisei "Stunner" Okazawaya. When he signed the contract for GCG in late May, he was said to be heading to Okinawa to train before returning for the "Summer Fury Tour" in July. He gave the "Puroresu Revue" magazine a short interview saying: [i]"I'm glad to be heading to GCG, I've been wrestling for roughly eight years now and I've only tasted a major promotion once with BHOTWG in 1999. I'm getting ready for the intense competition that will be in GCG on the "Summer Fury Tour" and I can guarantee that I will give you and the fans 100%!"[/i] [b]Harumi Okazawaya, "Puroresu Revue" May 2006[/b] Training with him is Hirokichi "Strong Style" Yoemon who is also excited about GCG. One of the unexpected additions to the GCG roster is the controversial Sessue Kawate, father of recent SUPLEX entrant Akira Kawate and uncle of Taro Shionoya, another entrant. "The Snow Man" was once a formidable wrestler in his youth, but drug problems that were made public in 1998 have since ruined his reputation and his ability in-ring. Recently, he was fired from BHOTWG and just signed a GCG contract. It is rumored that he is leaving for training in Hawaii saying that he wishes to be in top shape for his GCG debut--but we'll have to wait and see. [i]You can read more of Randy "Burning" Sakuragawa's articles in the "Rising Sun of Wrestling" section at [url]www.GrappleFanatics.com[/url]![/i]

[b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (Shikoku Regional TV), 7/5/06 Kagawa Sports Field 2,000 Fans[/b] Nice turnout for the taping of Golden Canvas as the Kagawa Sports Field was filled to capacity! [b]Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Henry Bennett and Julian Watson[/b] In the first untelevised bout of the evening we had a gaijin showdown. The powerful team of Rhino Umaga and Samoan Machine dominated the bulk of the match really taking it to Henry Bennett with some brutal corner splashes and hip attacks. A missed lariat allowed Bennett to score the tag to Watson! Watson beats Samoan Machine back into the corner then delivers one painful looking elbow smash in the corner. Watson thought he had the win after a nice DDT, but no dice. Julian Watson whips Machine into the ropes and gets bowled over with a [b]SPEAR[/b]! Samoan Machine tags out to Umaga who downs Bennett with a HUGE dropkick, knocking him out of the ring! Umaga gets Watson up and plasters him with a big [b]POWERBOMB[/b] wait, Umaga holds on--hoists him up--AND A SECOND POWERBOMB!!! Samoan Machine comes in, they whip him into the ropes--Machine ducks down, Watson crosses the river--and right into Umaga's clutches--[b]SAMOAN DRIVER![/b] SAMOAN DRIVER FROM RHINO UMAGA!!! The pin--one, two, and three. No bones about it, this one's over. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ [u][b]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Rhino Umaga:[/b] THAT'S IT! THAT'S ALL THAT SHE WROTE! Hyobanshi, Makuda--WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR BELTS! [b]Samaon Machine:[/b] ...Hmph. [b]Eagle Kawasawa vs. Dark Angel[/b] This was a good match between two very good fliers, very fast paced, very even. The two went at it right from the opening bell. There was a nice exchange at the beginning ending in a double dropkick, while Kawasawa was impressed by Dark Angel's speed and agility, Dark Angel was nothing but pleased. The two go to tie up, but Dark Angel pulls away, visiably upset. He told the ref that Kawasawa has oil on his body and that he can't tie up with him. The ref checks and Angel quickly pulls something out of his kneepad and places it in his mouth. After the ref towels Kawasawa down, the match resumes and Kawasawa gets Angel into the corner and begins unleashing kicks to the midsection. He goes to whip him into the opposite corner--Dark Angel reverses--Kawasawa reverses, Angel in the corner--he hops over the shoulder tackle attempt and goes for a sunset flip, but only gets a two count. Dark Angel whipped Eagle Kawasawa into the ropes, Kawasawa hops over, landing on the apron safely. Dark Angel rushes in, but Kawasawa meets him with a kick over the top rope and to the head staggering his opponent. Kawasawa leaps onto the top rope and looks to be going for the [b]Springboard Hurricarana[/b]--but DARK ANGEL BLASTS HIM WITH THE BLACK MIST! Eagle Kawasawa tumbles off the top rope and to the floor below! Dark Angel looks ready to take advantage, but the ref calls for the bell, giving the match to Kawasawa. Enraged, Dark Angel goes outside the ring and pulls Eagle Kawasawa to him feet, kick to the gut--[b]SITOUT POWERBOMB[/b] ON THE FLOOR! Dark Angel, a man of very few words in GCG delivered the loudest statement of the night. [b]Rating:[/b] B [b]Pete Hall and Jack Marlowe vs. Naonobu Murkami and Jimmy Cox[/b] The burly, roughousing "Pistol" Pete Hall teamed up with "Mad" Jack Marlowe to face Naonobu Murkami and Jimmy Cox in our first televised match of the evening. Pete Hall looked fierce in this match, brutalizing both Murkami and Cox with those punishing left hands. When he finally did tag out to Marlowe, the two took advantage when Hall's back was turned and pummeled Marlowe to the mat. Murkami tags out and applies a head scissors, attempting to cut Marlowe's air off, Hall climbed back in and broke that up--not before catching a nice dropkick from Jimmy Cox, knocking him to the outside. The two whipped Marlowe into the corner--corner splash from Murkami, he sets him up on the top turnbuckle--and with Spiderman-like balance, he walks the top rope--and snaps Marlowe off with a nice frankensteiner, the pin by Cox--and he gets pulled out of the ring by two. Pete Hall plows Jimmy Cox spine first into the ringpost then gives him a spine crushing pendulum backbreaker! Hall turns around--and Murkami dives off the apron with an ax handle! Jack Marlowe dives between the ropes and rams Murkami into the security railing. Cox gathers himself and works his way over to the legal man, Jack Marlowe. He rolls him back into the ring and hooks the leg--only for a two count. Cox pulls Marlowe to his feet, hooks him for a suplex--no, Marlowe blocks it--and delivers a suplex of his own! Marlowe pulls himself up and begins to climb the turnbuckles, Cox grabs him by the foot and pulls him back down. The two slug it out to their feet, Murkami has his hand extended for the tag--Cox falls backwards into the tag--and Hall with a spine shatter [b]Back Suplex[/b] off the apron and to the floor below! Cox looks devastated, Marlowe pulls Cox to his feet--[b]GERMAN SUPLEX HOLD[/b]! One! Two!! Cox kicks out! Marlowe gets Cox up once more--Cox pulls him in for an inside cradle: one, two--Marlowe kicks out. The two get to their feet Cox off the ropes, and an elbow to the spine from Hall. Marlowe with a back suplex, Pete Hall wants the tag...and he gets it! Murkami attempts to make it back to apron, but is stopped by a Hall boot to the head. Cox attempts to fight back against Hall...off the ropes--[b]LARIAT[/b]!!! Hall stops Cox cold with that brutal [b]Pistol Whip Lariat[/b], guaranteed to knock the taste out of your mouth! The pin: one, two, and...three! [b]Rating:[/b] B- [u][b]Post Match Comments[/u][/b] [b]Pete Hall:[/b] Them Samoans talkin' about takin' someone's gold and whatnot, but what they don't realize is that they've got to get past this man, "Mad" Jack Marlowe and the man with the hardest damn lariat in the world, "Pistol" Pete Hall. After I'm done beatin' Eiji Hamacho's ass and eventually taking Maeda's gold, I'll be sure to make a stop off to snatch a knot in Hyobanshi and Makuda's hide and free them of tag team gold. You got somethin' to say, Mad Jack? [b]Jack Marlowe:[/b] *shakes the camera while yelling before storming off* [b]Pete Hall:[/b] That's right, you heard the man. [b]Yoshifusa Maeda vs. Eiji Hamacho[/b] This was a first time encounter as Eiji Hamacho, "The Raging Bull" took on GCG World Heavyweight Champion, Yoshifusa Maeda and it resembled more of a brawl than a wrestling contest. The two circled each other before locking horns. Hamacho powered Maeda into the corner and unleashed a brutal flurry of chops, before the ref called for him to break...before doing so he deliver a power kick to Maeda's face, busting his nose open. The ref warned him about such a tactic before checking on the champion, able to continue, Maeda got to his feet just in time for Hamacho to push him into the corner once more and unload some brutal chops across the head. The ref once again prys the two apart and Hamacho scores a closed fisted punch to the face, enraging the crowd in attendance. Maeda pulled himself up and took up a stance once more. Hamacho barreled in, but is stopped by a direct dropkick to the knee. Quickly, Maeda begins stomping away on Hamacho's knee and tearing away at the kneepad, Hamacho attempts kicking Maeda away, Maeda runs towards the ropes and delivers a big stomp across the face of Hamacho--so not technical, Maeda. The ref gives Maeda a warning, but the champion does it again, the ref warns Maeda once more and the champion goes on the assault, attacking Hamacho's knee with stomps. He drapes the targeted knee across the second rope and climbs onto the apron--and jumps from the apron, jammong the knee across the rope hard. He climbs back inside and applies a figure four, which Hamacho quickly reverses. Maeda grabs the ropes and Hamacho releases at four. Eiji Hamacho limps over and pulls Maeda to his feet--and begins choking the champion! The ref breaks the two up once more and Hamacho swings at Maeda only to hit the ref! Referee Shunko Nakada throws the match out declaring it a double DQ. Hamacho rushes at Maeda and the two begin brawling, wrestlers from the back and ringboys enter the ring to seperate the two. Moments later, order is restored. [b]Rating:[/b] B+ [b][u]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Eiji Hamacho:[/b] I'm not here to play nice and abide by "rules", I'm here to fight and I'm here for championship gold! Yoshifusa Maeda, you've got what I want, you've got what I need, you've got the GCG World Heavyweight Championship and I promise you, before the month is out, on the last day of this tour, I will be wearing that belt around my waist! [b]Yoshifusa Maeda:[/b] Eiji Hamacho is a madman, he's obsessed with violence and harming his opponents to the point that he doesn't care about winning. He resorted to underhanded, illegal tactics and I did the same to give a taste of his medicine. He might have busted my nose tonight, but it's nothing that hasn't happened many times in my 30 years! Next time I meet Hamacho, I'll be ready for him. [b]Kazu Yoshizawa vs. Naonobu Murkami[/b] Kazu Yoshizawa came out fresh as a daisy with his trademark black robe and blonde hair, it was in great contrast to the limping, battered figure making his way down the aisle and into the ring. The match was one sided from the start with Yoshizawa taking his time in picking away at Murkami, who was still holding his back. Murkami did fight back with a flying forearm and a perfectly executed elbowdrop--but it was no match for the pendulum backbreakers and stomps to the spine Yoshizawa was dishing out. Finally, Murkami makes a comeback with a dropkick to the knees and a rather shoddy Glittering Black Magician. Summoning up more energy from within, he delivered a nice [b]Glittering Black Magician[/b], the pin--only a two. He pulled Yoshizawa to his feet and attempted to hoist him up, but the legend slipped behind and goes for a backslide, only getting a two count. Once he kicked out, Murkami quickly got to his feet and delivered a couple of knees to the head of Yoshizawa. He then bounced off the ropes, another Glittering Black--NO! Yoshizawa grabs the leg, scoops under...he has Murkami up--backbreaker across the knee...another backbreaker across the knee, he's walking Murkami around the ring, Murkami looks through--[b]SHOULDER BREAKER[/b]! The pin, one, two, three. It's over. [b]Rating:[/b] B- [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] B- [b]GAME RESULT[/b] 1. [b]Rhino Umaga[/b] & Samaoan Machine def. Henry Bennett & [b]Julian Watson[/b] [b](6:14)[/b] with a Samoan Driver 2. Eagle Kawasawa def. Dark Angel [b](8:34)[/b] via DQ 3. [b]Pete Hall[/b] & Jack Marlowe def. Naonobu Murkami & [b]Jimmy Cox[/b] [b](13:10)[/b] with a Pistol Whip Lariat 4. Yoshifusa Maeda draw Eiji Hamacho [b](8:21)[/b] via DQ 5. Kazu Yoshizawa def. Naonobu Murkami in [b](8:17)[/b] with the Shoulder Breaker

[color="orange"][b]EXCLUSIVE: Hito Ichihara's SUPLEX Dojo Class, 7/6/06[/b][/color] [i]Randy Sakuragawa, [url]www.grapplefanatics.com[/url][/i] Looking at the current class for SUPLEX Dojo, it looks to be a couple of second generation wrestlers (one of which is a trainer) and some other shining young wrestlers. Below are what Hito Ichihara has told the [i]"Puroresu Revue"[/i] are the star pupils of SUPLEX. [b][u]Akira Kawate[/b][/u] D.O.B: 20/06/1985 Height: 6'2 Weight: 245lbs. From: Yokohoma, Tokyo Athletic Background: Amaresu, Karate Akira Kawate is the only son of Sessue Kawate and the only child of his who wrestles. Hito Ichihara said that Kawate is a quick learner and could very well debut early. Ichihara is also impressed with Kawate's karate background not to mention having a pretty good amaresu (amateur wrestling) record and training as his record is near flawless with only two losses. [b]Hito Ichihara:[/b] "Akira Kawate could prove to be even better than his father was in his prime during the late 1980s!" That's saying alot since Sessue Kawate was a breakout star in 1988 and shined on into 1990. With Ichihara's intensive training, what the legend says could come true. [b][u]Hitomaru Suzuki[/b][/u] D.O.B: 11/05/1984 Height: 6'1 Weight: 255lbs. From: Kodaira, West Tokyo Athletic Background: Amaresu, Judo Hitomaro Suzuki is an extremely bright prospect. He recently joined SUPLEX to further strengthen his skills. He was an amaresu standout in high school and trained under his father, Hisamaru Suzuki, owner of the best Judo dojo in Tokyo for years. He debuted last year in March 2005 for PGHW. The thing about Suzuki is that he is already showing great technical skills and is still improving. Most American fans who have seen his 2005 work say that once he has a better grasp of psychology, he will be a major force in wrestling. [b]Hito Ichihara:[/b] "This youngster has the potential to be a great wrestler. His judo background is amazing--nothing less than I expect from a student and [b]son[/b] of Hisamaru Suzuki. He also has the drive to improve which is great." [b][u]Oda Yakuta[/b][/u] D.O.B: 17/06/1986 Height: 6'3 Weight: 270lbs. From: Yokohoma, Tokyo Athletic Background: Amaresu Oda Yakuta is a rookie worker who is just entered SUPLEX after three or four matches on the indies. While in high school, he a standout in amaresu (when he was lighter) at the same highschool as Akira Kawate and Taro Shionoya. He has a very impressive record only losing to Akira Kawate their senior year. [b]Hito Ichihara:[/b] "This is what I love about these students coming in, they all have some sort of previous martial arts experience and that makes it all the easier to train them since they have some of the fundementals. Oda Yakuta is a great example, he shined in amaresu and has a background with Akira Kawate--this could prove for good training between the two since they're familiar with each other." [b][u]Samosuke "Sammo" Furusawa[/b][/u] D.O.B: 21/04/1983 Height: 6'0 Weight: 232lbs. From: Aoyama, Tokyo Athletic Background: Amaresu Sammo Furusawa is the youngest son of Hanshiro Furusawa and brother of Arata "Diamond" Furusawa. Extremely athletic, very intelligent, and barnone the quickest learner of the group, young Sammo graduated college a year early where he was an all-star in amaresu with a clean, untarnished record. Unlike older brother Arata, he is showing signs of greatest and dedication to his future craft and style. Earned the nickname Sammo from Hito Ichihara, but is also called "Sammy" by Pete Hall. [b]Hito Ichihara:[/b] "The kid is a marvel, he's extremely athletic, has good stamina, and is very dedicated to learning and improving. The rate at which he is learning is rivaled only by Akira Kawate's dedication to his training! I'm looking forward to him gracing the GCG ring." So do we. He seems poised to be a big player in the future. [b][u]Taro Shionoya[/b][/u] D.O.B: 02/01/1987 Height: 6'5 Weight: 285lbs. From: Yokohoma, Tokyo Athletic Background: Karate, Powerlifting, Kick Boxing Referred to as "The Wrecking Ball" by Kazu Yoshizawa, Taro Shionoya is a big guy who just joined Ichihara's SUPLEX Dojo. In high school, he was looked at as a "Herculean Japanese" for his incredible strength and great showing in powerlifting. During those high school years, he trained in Karate under Hirokichi "Strong Style" Yoemon. To prepare for pro wrestling, he has continued to train in karate, but has also taken up kick boxing. A little known fact is that Taro Shionoya is the nephew of Sessue Kawate and cousin of Akira Kawate. [b]Hito Ichihara:[/b] "Taro Shionoya is built for power and taking punishment. He may not look fast, flexible, or agile, but he has great leg extension on kicks and delivers his strikes with great accuracy and speed. The downside is that he has no wrestling experience, but that can we worked around. Once he's done with training, he may cause the most trouble in GCG in competition." It appears that what Jinsei Horiguchi said was true, that this class looks poised to carry GCG into the future. However, it is the current roster that will have to "hold down the fort" so to speak. We'll keep you posted on future happening at the dojo. [i]You can read more of Randy "Burning" Sakuragawa's articles in the "Rising Sun of Wrestling" section at [url]www.GrappleFanatics.com[/url][/i]

[b]GCG, 7/7/06 Nomura Town Gym 1,000 Fans[/b] 0. Eagle Kawasawa & [b]Burning Takash-ta(WLW)[/b] [b](12:28 Takash-ta Driver)[/b] Dark Angel(NOTBPW) & [b]Black Eagle(CZCW)[/b] 1. Shotaro Ikina [b](11:39 Ikina Shotgun)[/b] Genji Nakao 2. Hirokichi Yoemon [b](11:49 Backbrain Kick)[/b] Takyuki 2000 3. [b]GCG World Title #1 Contender Showdown:[/b] Eiji Hamacho [b](15:50 Spear)[/b] Pete Hall 4. Yoshifusa Maeda [b](10:41 Maeda Lariat)[/b] Hiroyasu Gakusha 5. [b]GCG World Title #1 Contender Showdown:[/b] Kazu Yoshizawa [b](11:57 Inside Cradle)[/b] Naonobu Murkami [u][b]SHOW NOTES[/b][/u] -The first match wasn't even scheduled, but it helped set the pace for the rest of the night's action. Burning Takash-ta of WLW and Black Eagle of CZCW in the US made their GCG debuts on this show. The match was very fast paced with alot of counters and aerial attacks from Takash-ta, Kawasawa, and Dark Angel. While Black Eagle was in on the frantic action which included many nearfalls and even a nice Dark Angel Sunset Flip on Takash-ta to the floor, he seemed lost in the flurry of action and it really showed. Dark Angel came off as the star of the match. In the last few seconds of the match, Black Eagle attempted a Tornado DDT, but Takash-ta stopped it and reversed it into a [b]TAKASH-TA DRIVER[/b] holding the pin and taking the fall. [b]Rating:[/b] A *Following the victory, Black Eagle gave Takash-ta a Reverse DDT, leaving Eagle Kawasawa prone to another Dark Angel [b]SITOUT POWERBOMB[/b]! [b]Rating:[/b] E -The first advertised match of the evening was pretty good. Shotaro Ikina has been trying new moves in his matches, the new move of this match was a Running Powerbomb which Genji Nakao reversed into a head scissors takeover and quickly capitalized with some brutally stinging kicks. In the last moments of this match, Nakao was running in for his finishing Kenka Kick when Ikina quickly delivered a dropkick to the knees. Getting to his feet quickly, he bounced off the ropes and blasted the young Nakao with an [b]Ikina Shotgun[/b], scoring the pinfall. The really bad thing about the match was that these two didn't mesh that well, their styles aren't really compatiable. [b]Rating:[/b] C -Hirokichi Yoemon and Takayuki 2000 faced off in our third bout of the night and it was actually pretty good. Yoemon, a seasoned all-rounder, resorted to his knowledge of mat wrestling to combat Takayuki's own technical prowness. When a clear advantage couldn't be established, the match soon fell into a duel of stiff kick and dynamite punches. Yoemon prevailed after two brainbusters followed by a perfect [b]Backbrain Kick[/b]. [b]Rating:[/b] C -Eiji Hamacho vs. Pete Hall looked like a great bull vs. bull match on paper, but it fell a little short, perhaps due to a lack of communication. The eternally pissed and grumpy Hamacho really took it to Hall with shoulder tackles and general underhanded tactics. Hall--not to be outdone--put those size 16 cowboy boots to the mush of Hamacho on many an occassion in the match and met him with some of those hammer like left hands. The two brawled almost to the point that the ref lost control! Hamacho blinded Hall by spitting at his eyes and the burly Texan almost decapitated beloved referee Shunko Nakeda with a Pistol Whip Lariat! With Hall trying to see, Hamacho delivered a sick [b]SPEAR[/b] to his back while in the corner! Hall slumped to his knees and Hamacho just waited...Hall regains his posture and staggers out of the corner and receives another [b]SPEAR[/b]! Hamacho doesn't look done, he pulls Hall to feet, bounces off the ropes and barrels through him with one final [b]SPEAR[/b]. Three count and this one is over! [b]Rating:[/b] C+ -Maeda faced youngster Hiroyasu Gakusha in our semi-main, which was the other good match of the night. Gakusha almost looked like a mirror of Maeda 30 years ago--akward against veterans, but trying his hardest. While a great bout, it was you standard see-saw battle of technical vs. technical for the most part. The high spot of the match was Gakusha downing Maeda with three consecutive [b]Maeda Lariats[/b], only to have Maeda kick out at [i]the very last minute[/i]...so close. The match ended with a [b]MAEDA LARIAT[/b] and the pinfall. [b]Rating:[/b] A -Kazu Yoshizawa met Naonobu Murkami in the other match to determine a number one contender. Two nights earlier, the two faced off in a match that saw Murkami again attempt to stay in it against Yoshizawa's assault on his back. This time, Murkami put up more offense attacking Yoshizawa's bad knees, of which the legend tried his best to defend. A straight kick to the back of knee downed Yoshizawa and had him backing off of Murkami, trying to get back to his feet. Each time he tried, Murkami kicked his legs from under him. Finally, Murkami managed to get a Figure Four Leglock on Yoshizawa and looked ready to break the leg. Yoshizawa makes it to the ropes and the hold is broken. At the end of the match, Murkami attempts to take advantage of Yoshizawa with his Brainbuster, however, Yoshizawa counters by holding his weight down and rolling up Murkami, gripping a handful of trunks in the process for the one, two, and three. On "Stars Of The Golden Canvas", Kazu Yoshizawa faces Eiji Hamacho! [b]Rating:[/b] B [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] C+

[b][color="blue"]GCG SPOTLIGHT #1[/b][/color] [b]Yoshifusa Maeda[/b] [b]D.O.B:[/b] 19/01/1954 [b]From:[/b] Suma Ward, Kobe [b]Height:[/b] 6'0 [b]Weight:[/b] 240lbs. [b]Titles:[/b] GCG World Heavyweight x5, CWC World Light Heavyweight, GCG World Tag Team x3, NOTBPW British Commonwealth x2, 1995 World Wrestling League, 1999 World Tag Team Tournament [b]Moves:[/b] [b]Sleeper Suplex[/b], Backbrain Kick, Maeda Lariat, Triangle Choke, Yoshifusa Maeda is a well respected veteran of the Japanese wrestling scene, best known as one of the only major star from GCG's glory years to have remained with the promotion throughout its decline. He began his career in the mid 1970s with GCG as a scrawny, mat saavy junior heavyweight. In 1978, he traveled to America to compete for Jim Keith's Ron Keith Productions, the figurehead company of the Championship Wrestling Council. There, he faced Sam Keith on a few occassions, winning the first tournament to become CWC World Light Heavyweight champion. When he returned to Japan in 1980, he was a heavier, more toned wrestler whose style was similar to the American brawling style. At the time, the physical essence of strong style was becoming popular amongst Japanese workers and Maeda's rough, physical style meshed well with it. In 1982, he won his first world championship from the gaijin monster Dread in a classic, hard hitting bout. Since then, he has won the belt on four addition occassions, carrying the belt with classic and veteran skill. A superb worker despite his advancing years. [b]Hiroyasu Gakusha[/b] [b]D.O.B:[/b] 13/01/1979 [b]From:[/b] Naha, Okinawa [b]Height:[/b] 6'4 [b]Weight:[/b] 275lbs. [b]Titles:[/b] GCG Openweight, GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team, 2005 World Tag Team Tournament [b]Moves:[/b] [b]Avalanche Capture Buster[/b], Spinning Brainbuster, Northern Lights, Capture Buster, Belly to Belly Suplex Hiroyasu Gakusha is a young wrestler trained by Yoshifusa Maeda. Making his debut in 2003, he came off as akward and gangly in the ring. Later that year, he was sent to England to "refine himself" under Phil Chase. After six months there, he came back with a hard hitting style and some mat knowledge. 2005 saw Gakusha add on some muscle and change his look as well as add some suplexes to his bag of moves. He has become quite popular based on the consistency of his performances as his late 2005-early 2006 matches have become favorites amongst puroresu tape traders. Most see him as one of the future stars of GCG without a doubt.

[b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (SR TV), 7/12/06 Kochi Citizen Gym 2,000 Fans[/b] [b]Samoan Machine vs. Shocker Okazawaya[/b] [i]Pre-Show[/i] Samoan Machine--accompanied to ringside by tag partner, Rhino Umaga--faced the son of Stunner Okazawaya, Shocker Okazawaya in a match which saw the...well, Samoan Machine destroy and ruin any chance of offense from the younger Okazawaya. Just when it seemed the match would turn around in his favor after a punishing Lariat, he turned around only to see the Samoan beast back on his feet! Attempting for another Lariat, he was scooped up and dropped, becoming one with the mat via a [b]Samoan Driver[/b]! Victory goes to Samoan Machine! [b]Rating:[/b] C+ [b][u]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Rhino Umaga:[/b] Look at that! The Machine didn't even break a sweat! HAHA! [b]Samoan Machine:[/b] ...Hmph. [b]Dark Angel, Hiroyasu Gakusha, and Yasuhide Tayama vs. Naonobu Murkami, Eagle Kawasawa, and Jimmy Cox[/b] [i]Pre-Show[/i] This was quite the match as all six men went at in this pre-show contest. To say the match was a meshing of styles would be an understatement, with Angel and Kawasawa providing air support for their respective teams, the brawling insanity that ensued after tags were landed at the crowd on their feet! Jimmy Cox slowed down Gakusha with a head scissors--which really wowed the crowd--followed by an [b]Northern Lights Suplex[/b] that only got a two after Gakusha bridged out of the pin! Showing the veteran how to do a Northern Lights right, Gakusha twisted Cox around and scored the pin with his own [b]Northern Lights Suplex[/b]. [b]Rating:[/b] B+ [b][u]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Yasuhide Tayama:[/b] You waste my time with this six-man, bullsh**! I WANT A CHALLENGE, DAMM*T!!! [b]Hiroyasu Gakusha:[/b] How impressive was that? Maeda, you can waste your time fighting with Hamacho or worrying about Yoshizawa, but I'm the only one who is going to take your championship! You won't know when, you won't know where, but you will know who: Hiroyasu...GA-KU-SHAAAAA!!! [b]Pete Hall vs. Yoshifusa Maeda[/b] Our first televised match of the evening! This was a great contest between two wrestlers who have faced off many times. "Pistol Pete" kept the heat on the champion with an all out attack on his neck with several chops landing on the side. A hard Irish Whip into the corner almost cause Maeda's spine to erupt through his chest--don't worry, Hall would've pounded it back in with a HUGE [b]CORNER SPLASH[/b]! Powerslam for the pin--Maeda gets the shoulder up at exactly two. Fast forward, Maeda and Hall are exchanging blows: Hall dishing out that famed left hand closed fist--much to the ref's chigrin--and Maeda pounding Hall with the elbow shots. Both men off the ropes--LARIAT! Both men are still standing! Hall with a kick to the gut, off the ropes we could see that Pistol Whip La--[b]MAEDA LARIAT[/b]! [b]MAEDA LARIAAAAAAATOOOOOO[/b]!! The pin: ONE! TWO!! THR--[b]HALL KICKS OUT[/b]!!! Maeda pulls Hall to his feet, he looks set for a piledriver--Hall reverses it! A couple of stomps to Maeda's head...Maeda slowly to his feet, Hall still planting the boots to Maeda--Maeda fighting back with punches to the midsection--clubbing ax handle downs the champion. Hall pulls Maeda to his feet, Maeda on legs that are foreign to him...Hall off the ropes--[b]PISTOL WHIP--LARIAAAAATOOOOO[/b]!!! Hall hooks the leg: ONE! TWO!! THRE--MAEDA GETS THE SHOULDER UP! Hall balls Maeda up for the pin: ONE! TWO!! THR--MAEDA POWERS OUT! Hall removes his elbowpad and pulls Maeda to his feet, off the ropes--MAEDA WITH A [b]KENKA KICK[/b] TO THE SHOULDER! Hall favoring his arm--Maeda with a [b]FLYING ARMBAR[/b]...HALL IS CRAWLING FOR THE ROPES! CAN HE MAKE IT?! CAN HE--HE MAKES IT! At the end of the match, Hall is going to finish Maeda off with a Powerbomb, he hoists him up--Maeda flips out of it--HALL GOING FOR THE [b]PISTOL WHIP LARIAT[/b]--it misses--Maeda with a judo toss and he locks on the [b]TRIANGLE CHOKE[/b]! Hall is too far from the ropes--Maeda has it locked in tight--and Hall taps! Hall taps out to the [b]Triangle Choke[/b] and Yoshifusa Maeda claims the submission victory! [b]Rating:[/b] A [b][u]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Pete Hall:[/b] I can't believe it...Sh**...I can't f***in' believe it... [b]Yoshifusa Maeda:[/b] Pete Hall is an extremely strong fighter and he went at me with a fist full of dynamite, but it was intelligence and timing that won this battle tonight. Some are saying that it was like a title match, to me, every match is a title match! [b]GCG World Title #1 Contender: Eiji Hamacho vs. Kazu Yoshizawa[/b] This was one of those matches that start out like your standard match--but then turns into one hell of a beating. Hamacho has been just barreling through opponent since the ink dried on his contract, Yoshizawa just became another victim in this contest. In the beginning, the two locked up only for Hamacho to toss Yoshizawa into the corner, thinking quickly, the wily veteran went to attack Hamacho's knees only for Hamacho to lift his foot and bury it in his shoulder blade. And thus began a horrific beating by Hamacho who just welled on Yoshizawa. While he did get some offense in, largely due to a lack of strategy in Hamacho's style, the "Raging Bull" was unmoved by his strikes, but did fall prey to his dropkick to the knees. Yoshizawa quickly applied the [b]Single Leg Crab[/b] and held it like Grim Death, but Hamacho pulled himself and Yoshizawa across the ring and grabbed the ropes. Seeing all hope lost, Yoshizawa resorted to an eye gouge and downed Hamacho with a DDT, only getting a very quick two. Yoshizawa again attempted the Single Leg Crab, but Hamacho powered out of it and made a comeback...Yoshizawa managed a second eye gouge and tried to lift him for the Shoulder Breaker, but Hamacho dropped those massive fists across Yoshizawa's back then battered him with a [b]HAMACHO SLEDGE 2K[/b], the pin: one, two--Hamacho pulls Yoshizawa's head up. He drags Yoshizawa to his feet and hoists him up in a scoop slam--[b]SHOULDER BREAKER[/b]! YOSHIZAWA'S OWN TRADEMARK MOVE! The pin: ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! This match is over. [b]Rating:[/b] B [b][u]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Eiji Hamacho:[/b] Yoshifusa, you hold on to that belt like it was your first born! Because once we meet on the 30th, these hands...the very same hands that destoryed the legend that is--[i]was[/i] Kazu Yoshizawa...will take the GCG World Heavyweight Championship from your greedy clutches! Your reign is as good as OVER! [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] B+ [b]GAME RESULT[/b] 1. Samoan Machine [b](8:46 Samoan Driver)[/b] Shocker Okazawaya 2. Dark Angel, [b]Hiroyasu Gakusha[/b],& Yasuhide Tayama [b](10:03 Northern Lights Suplex)[/b] Naonobu Murkami, Eagle Kawasawa,& [b]Jimmy Cox[/b] 3. Yoshifusa Maeda [b](16:54 Triangle Choke)[/b] Pete Hall 4. Eiji Hamacho [b](10:52 Shoulder Breaker)[/b] Kazu Yoshizawa

[b][color="red"]INSPIRE signs GCG wrestler, 7/12/06[/b][/color] [i]Randy Sakuragawa, [url]www.grapplefanatics.com[/url][/i] Since INSPIRE's recent popularity, they have been targeting wrestlers with in-ring mat skill as well as MMA experience. It has been confirmed that GCG gaijin star, Jimmy "The Submissioner" Cox has been signed to INSPIRE. He is said to be looking forward to the new challenge that he believes INSPIRE will present, but said he will never forget GCG. GCG owner Hanshiro Furusawa says that he understands the need for a "change in scenery" and that he supports Jimmy Cox's decision and will support him in INSPIRE. Jinsei Horiguchi said that he believe that Cox will be a great fit for INSPIRE and that no hard feelings exist between Cox and the GCG roster. He said that he respected Jimmy Cox and that the 7/14 Show would be dedicated to his contributions to GCG and that he would face old friend Barry Griffin in the main event. [i]You can read more of Randy "Burning" Sakuragawa's articles in the "Rising Sun of Wrestling" section at [url]www.GrappleFanatics.com[/url][/i]

[b]GCG "Jimmy Cox Farewell Show", 7/14/06 Tokushima Arena 1,000 Fans[/b] 1. Hirokichi Yoemon [b](8:13 DQ)[/b] Fukusaburu Inao 2. Burning Takash-ta [b](11:45 Tornado DDT)[/b] Black Eagle 3. Eagle Kawasawa [b](14:58 Double Count Out)[/b] Dark Angel 4. [b]GCG World Tag Team #1 Contenders:[/b] [b]Rhino Umaga[/b] & Samoan Machine [b](13:46 Rhino Charge)[/b] Pete Hall & [b]Jack Marlowe[/b] 5. [b]Jimmy Cox Farewell Match:[/b] Jimmy Cox [b](13:08 Montero Special)[/b] Barry Griffin [b][u]SHOW NOTES[/b][/u] -Fukusaburu Inao of the INSPIRE promotion went at it with Hirokichi Yoemon. The calm and collected Yoemon couldn't handle the rage and submission ability of Inao, but managed a DQ win after Inao refused to release an [b]Elevated Boston Crab[/b] even after Yoemon had reached the ropes. Afterwards, Inao said that GCG just got a taste of INSPIRE, the superior form of professional wrestling. [b]Rating:[/b] C -The Eagle Kawasawa vs. Dark Angel match was good--as usual. The two squared off in hopes of outdoing the other only to come off as mirror images of each other with [i]extremely[/i] close nearfalls and crisp counters. Dark Angel almost scored the pin with a [b]Takash-ta Driver[/b], but Kawasawa kicked out at the last moment. After taking out Dark Angel with a tope con giro to the outside, the ref began the count...Kawasawa almost back in the ring, one leg in--and Dark Angel pulls him back out and Kawasawa fails to get back in before 20. [b]Rating:[/b] A -While the number one contender match was a great brawl, the outcome was very unexpected. Hall and Marlowe really took it to Samoan Destruction Inc, and the Samoans return it with just as much fierocity! With so much chaos going on in the ring, the ref forgot who was the legal man! Pete Hall almost [i]decapitates[/i] Samoan Machine with a Pistol Whip Lariat, but the rotund warrior ducks under and tosses the burly Texan over the top rope and to the floor. Legal man, Marlowe climbed into the ring and landed a dropkick, knocking Samoan Machine out of the ring! However, he doesn't see Rhino Umaga who just [i]BLASTED[/i] him with the [b]RHINO CHARGE[/b] for the three count! [b]Rating:[/b] A -The Jimmy Cox Farewell Match was emotional as it was the last GCG match from the talented gaijin, Jimmy Cox. He came out wearing the trunks and boots of his debut to the chants of "Jimmy Cox" from the respectful fans. The match was as exciting as when the two first met in GCG. The two exchanged suplex attempts and traded nearfalls--we even saw Cox pull out his trademark Frankensteiner, [i]almost[/i] getting the pinfall! Griffin almost put Cox out with a flawless looking [b]Jumping Piledriver[/b], but Cox kicked out at roughly 2.99. With Griffin tiring in the final minutes, he went for a Lariat attempt which was the opening Cox was looking for. He hooked the arm, ducked under, hooked the other arm, and hoisted Griffin up in a [b]Montero Special[/b] (Gory Special) for the submission victory. [b]Rating:[/b] B+ -After the match, the two shook hands and Griffin congradulated Cox. Hanshiro Furusawa, Jinsei Horiguchi, and Yoshifusa Maeda came out and congradulated Jimmy Cox as well, Furusawa thanked him for his years of service to GCG and for all the great matches he has had with the company and for his loyalty. Jimmy Cox thanked the GCG fans saying that they accepted him when American promotions didn't and that he is extremely grateful for that. He then said that he would always remember his time with GCG and always remember the fans and that GCG will always be his home. He then left the ring to "Submission Impossible", his initial entrance theme when he first joined GCG and more chants of "Jimmy Cox". [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] A

[b][color="red"]Complete "Summer Fury Tour 2006" Announced, 7/15/06[/b][/color] [i]Oudou2K6, [url]www.puroresustop.com/gcg[/url][/i] GCG has had the full cards up for a while, but here are the remaining dates with cards for the "Summer Fury Tour". [b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (SRTV), 7/19/06 Kagawa Sports Field (2,000) Shikoku[/b] Julian Watson vs. Takayuki 2000 Henry Bennett vs. Shotaro Ikina Hiroyasu Gakusha vs. Yasuhide Tayama [b]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships:[/b] Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi (c) & Namboku Makuda (c) [b]GCG, 7/21/06 Asaka Municipal Gym (1,000) Honshu[/b] Henry Bennett vs. Barry Griffin Dark Angel (NOTBPW) vs. UK Dragon w/Eagle Kawasawa Hirokichi Yoemon vs. Takayuki 2000 Yasuhide Tayama (WLW) vs. Shocker Okazawaya Hiroyasu Gakusha vs. Shotaro Ikina [b]GCG, 7/22/06 Asaka Municipal Gym (1,000) Honshu[/b] UK Dragon vs. Black Eagle (CZCW) Henry Bennett vs. Shotaro Ikina Burning Takash-ta (WLW) vs. Dark Angel (NOTBPW) Yasuhide Tayama (WEXXV) vs. Yoshifusa Maeda [b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (SRTV), 7/26/06 Kyoto Arena (2,000) Honshu[/b] Julian Watson vs. Yasuhide Tayama (WEXXV) Eagle Kawasawa vs. Black Eagle (CZCW) Shocker Okazawaya & Hirokichi Yoemon vs. Kazu Yoshizawa & Nathan Coleman Eiji Hamacho vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi [b]GCG, 7/28/06 Asaka Municipal Gym (1,000) Honshu[/b] Julian Watson vs. Henry Bennett Samoan Machine (INSPIRE) vs. Naonobu Murkami Jack Marlowe (NEPW) vs. Hirokichi Yoemon Pete Hall vs. Rhino Umaga [b]GCG, 7/30/06 Kagawa Sports Field (2,000) Shikoku[/b] Naonobu Murkami vs. Henry Bennett Nathan Coleman vs. Julian Watson [b]GCG World Tag Team #1 Contenders:[/b] Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Hirokichi Yoemon & Shocker Okazawaya Namboku Makuda vs. Shotaro Ikina Eagle Kawasawa & Burning Takash-ta (WLW) vs. Dark Angel (NOTBPW) & Black Eagle (CZCW) Yasuhide Tayama (WEXXV) vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi Pete Hall vs. Kazu Yoshizawa [b]GCG World Heavyweight Championship:[/b] Eiji Hamacho vs. Yoshifusa Maeda

[b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (SRTV), 7/19/06 Kagawa Sports Field 2,000 Fans[/b] [b]Takayuki 2000 vs. Julian Watson[/b] [i]Pre-Show[/i] Julian Watson really went at T2K with several snap suplexes, he then attempted the pinfall after a Stalling Brainbuster, but T2K kicks out at 2! Watson stayed on T2K hoping to score the big win. Towards the end of the match, Watson goes for one final trick and whips Takayuki 2000 into the ropes [b]KENKA KICK[/b]--NO! Takayuki rolled under the kick, Watson quickly turned around in time for that [b]2012[/b] (Cutter)! T2K hooks the leg and takes the pinfall victory. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ [b]Shotaro Ikina vs. Barry Griffin[/b] [i]Pre-Show[/i] Wins haven't been coming to often for Barry Griffin--why start today? After a massive [b]Release German Suplex[/b], Shotaro Ikina summons his strength and gets back to his feet quickly, much to the surprise of Griffin and downs the gaijin with a [b]KENKA KICK[/b] for the one, two, and the three. [b]Rating: B[/b] [b]Hiroyasu Gakusha vs. Yasuhide Tayama[/b] A clash of two hard hitters, Tayama was hoping to bring his "5 Minute Destroyer" Contest to GCG, but seeing his opponent is Hiroyasu Gakusha, he had to sit that aside. Exchanging punches, the crowd was behind both men, not knowing who's punch would down who. Finally, Tayama's [b]Throat Punch[/b] ended that contest and a wave of boos followed. Tayama's dirty advantage wouldn't last long, especially after a Gakusha reversed a DDT attempt into a nice [b]NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX[/b]! ONE! TWO!! TAYAMA KICKS OUT!!! Hiroyasu Gakusha looked ready to put the "Fierce Storm" away with a Lariat, but Tayama scooped him up onto his shoulders in a fireman's carry and spun him out into the [b]TAYAMA CYCLONE[/b]! The ref dived in for the pin: ONE! TWO!! Gakusha with his foot on the ropes! Tayama is really pissed at this point! He drags Gakusha to his feet and whips him to the ropes, bounding off the ropes himself--BOTH MEN CONNECT WITH A [b]SHOTEI[/b]! Gakusha and Tayama slump to the mat in a heap! With no choice, the ref starts the ten count...Gakusha on all fours, Tayama is trying to pull himself up with the ropes and--the ref reaches 10! Neither man are on their feet and this is ruled a DRAW. [b]Rating:[/b] B [b]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: Toshiharu Hyobanshi (c) & Namoboku Makuda (c) vs. Samoan Destruction Inc.[/b] Another hardhitting contest with the element of Makuda thrown in, what was often a flurry of fists and feet was put back in its place with a dropkick or leglock from Makuda. With the belts on the line and the SDI hellbent on taking them from the champs. Rhino Umaga dominated the match, beating Makuda early on, when it looked time to finish him, he delivered a brutal [b]RHINO CHARGE[/b]--to Hyobanshi who stepped in to save his partner for certain annihilation. Machine suplexed Makuda to the outside and went to work on him, driving him throat first onto the steel guard rail. The attacks turn back on Hyobanshi with a nice [b]SAMOAN DROP[/b]! Makuda makes it back into the ring at 18 and stays out of the way for the most part. The monster Samoan Machine is tagged in, Makuda to his feet--[b]LARIATOOOOO[/b]!!! ONE! TWO!! THR--[b]HYOBANSHI BREAKS THE PIN[/b]! Hyobanshi begins wailing on Machine and pulls him to his feet--chop to the neck, chop to neck--HYOBANSHI GOES BERZERK WITH THE CHOPS!!! Samoan Machine down to one knee--Rhino Umaga comes over--[b]HARM TOUCH[/b] (uraken, hard spinning backfist) TO RHINO UMAGA!!! He turns around and Samoan Machine has the [b]DEATH GRIP[/b] APPLIED!!! Toshiharu Hyobanshi isn't the legal man! Makuda is to his knees, he signals for it...a LOWBLOW--and the [b]DREADED SCHOOL BOY[/b]!!! Makuda has a handful of tights! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! Hyobanshi and Makuda keep the belts for their V1 Defense! [b]Rating:[/b] B [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] B [b]GAME RESULT[/b] 1. Takayuki 2000 [b](7:44 2012)[/b] Julian Watson 2. Shotaro Ikina [b](10:39 Kenka Kick)[/b] Barry Griffin 3. Hiroyasu Gakusha [b](14:28 DRAW)[/b] Yasuhide Tayama 4. [b]GCG World Hvywht Tag Team Championships:[/b] Toshiharu Hyobanshi (c) & [b]Namboku Makuda[/b](c) [b](12:46 Dreaded School Boy)[/b] Rhino Umaga & [b]Samoan Machine[/b]

[b]GCG, 7/21/06 Asaka Municipal Gym 1,000 Fans[/b] 1. Barry Griffin [b](6:41 Face Crusher)[/b] Henry Bennett 2. Dark Angel [b](10:35 Falling Angel Moonsault Press)[/b] UK Dragon 3. Takayuki 2000 [b](13:31 2012)[/b] Hirokichi Yoemon 4. Yasuhide Tayama [b](5:37 Powerbomb)[/b] Shocker Okazawaya 5. Hiroyasu Gakusha [b](10:38 Spinning Brainbuster)[/b] Shotaro Ikina [b][u]SHOW NOTES[/b][/u] -This was a pretty good contest, quick paced as Barry Griffin quickly put fellow gaijin, Henry Bennett away with Face Crusher after a Double Arm DDT failed to do the job. Bennett seemed off in the match as if he Griffin's offense was a foreign concept to him. Griffin gets his first win in a while, a small one, but a win nonetheless. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ -UK Dragon looked awful in his match versus Dark Angel who really shined in the bout. The two went hold for hold with Dark Angel getting the better of him for the most part, especially when Angel attempted a German Suplex only for UK Dragon to flip out of it and land on his feet. Dark Angel congradulated him on his feat of agility with a savate kick followed by a Brainbuster--which of course led to the finish for Dark Angel with the [b]Falling Angel Moonsault Press[/b]. [b]Rating:[/b] B -Takayuki 2000 vs. Hirokichi Yoemon looked like it could've be a very good match, but that was not the case. Still a good matchup though with T2K Yoemon attempting to put T2K away with a Brainbuster only for a near two count. Hirokichi looked ready to finish the youngster off with a Backdrop Suplex, but after hoisting him up, Takayuki 2000 quickly delivered the [b]2012[/b] and a second one for the pinfall victory. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ -Yasuhide Tayama came out and said he could beat Shocker Okazawaya in five minutes! He then demanded that his opponent come out and meet his doom! The match itself was lack luster with Tayama dominating and scoring a Powerbomb--ONLY for Okazawaya to kick out with full effect! Tayama yanked Shocker Okazawaya off the mat and drove him back into it with another even more furious [b]POWERBOMB[/b] for the victory. Tayama demands that the ring announcer read the time and hold with his victory, the announcer calls out "5 minutes and 37 seconds with a Powerbomb". Angry that he didn't destory his opponent sooner he Powerbombs Okazawaya once more and leaves the ring pissed! (first segment) [b]Rating:[/b] D, (match)[b]Rating:[/b] C-, (beatdown) [b]Rating:[/b] D -The main was a fast paced bout between Hiroyasu Gakusha and Shotaro Ikina. Ikina tried every lariat and every jumnping knee attack he had on the young Gakusha, when he managed a third jumping knee Gakusha caught him and planted him with a huge [b]SPINEBUSTER[/b]! Ikina summoned the power to kick out at 2, but it was obvious he was wasting energy in his attacks. He attempted to take a more mat approach, but it was too late, Gakusha had already beaten the wind out of him with a powerslam [i]and[/i] a HUGE belly to belly suplex. All that was left was a [b]Spinning Brainbuster[/b] and a hook of the leg for the one, two, three. [b]Rating:[/b] B [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] B-

[b]GCG, 7/22/06 Asaka Municipal Gym 1,000 Fans[/b] 1. Black Eagle [b](6:46 Impact Facebuster)[/b] UK Dragon 2. Shotaro Ikina [b](10:45 Kenka Kick)[/b] Henry Bennett 3. Dark Angel [b](15:09 Falling Angel Moonsault Press)[/b] Burning Takash-ta 4. Yoshifusa Maeda [b](16:35 Maeda Lariat)[/b] Yasuhide Tayama [b][u]SHOW NOTES[/b][/u] -Black Eagle quickly put UK Dragon away after interference from Dark Angel who delivered a nice Swinging Neckbreaker, Eagle added insult to injury with an Impact Facebuster. [b]Rating:[/b] C -Bennett would suffer his second loss in two days thanks to a [b]Kenka Kick[/b] from Shotaro Ikina. The match itself went very well and Bennett put up some nice offense to counter Ikina's straight smash mouth style. Ikina was tiring towards the end of the bout as usual, he was putting too much energy into missed attacks, which could've cost him. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ -Dark Angel and Burning Takash-ta met up in what could be another junior classic! After a slow start with both wrestlers trying to feel the other out, the action exploded into a flurry of action with Dark Angel scoring with his Savate Kick and almost taking the fall with a Swinging Neckbreaker! Not to be shown up, Takash-ta blasted Dark Angel with a [b]TAKASH-TA DRIVER[/b] which the British flying menance kicked out off at the last minute! The match ended with a prone Takash-ta receiving a [b]Falling Angel Moonsault Press[/b] for the pinfall. After the match, Dark Angel set Burning Takash-ta up for what could've been a powerbomb off the top and to the floor below! However, Eagle Kawasawa rushes in and gives Dark Angel an Electric Chair Drop and beckons him to fight. Dark Angel leaves the ring and vows revenge. (match) [b]Rating:[/b] A, (save segment) [b]Rating:[/b] C+ -The main event was another of those matches that looked good on paper. It was basically a drawn out bout of fisticuffs as the two dished out punishment on each other. A brutal back and forward exchange of elbow smashes ensued in the middle of the bout only to be quelled by a throat punch from Tayama. As usual, Tayama took full advantage of this, going for a choke and further punishing the legend with a Camel Clutch. The match looked bleek for Maeda as he had barely managed to kick out of two previous powerbombs from the "Angry Storm" that is Tayama. Over confident, Tayama attempted a third powerbomb only for Maeda to drop out of and hoist Tayama up in a [b]Spinebuster[/b]. Signaling for the end, he pulls Tayama up by his hair and blasts him with one hell of a [b]MAEDA LARIAT[/b] for the hook of the leg and the pin! Yasuhide Tayama was really winded at the end of match and came off horrible at the end whereas Maeda still had energy left and had to salvage the ending of the match. Still, it was a good contest. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] C+

[b][color="red"]Jinsei Horiguchi heading to America, 7/24/06[/b][/color] [i]Randy Sakuragawa, [url]www.grapplefanatics.com[/url][/i] It's been confirmed that GCG Headbooker, Jinsei Horiguchi will be heading to America to have talks with TCW's Tommy Cornell. The two are familiar with each other from Cornell's Summer tour of Project: GIANT J, June to early Septemebr of 2002. It hasn't been disclosed what the meeting will be about. But Horiguchi said that there will be an announcement on August 1, if the meeting goes well.

[b]GCG, "Stars Of The Golden Canvas" (SRTV), 7/26/06 Kyoto Arena 2,000 Fans[/b] [b]Yasuhide Tayama vs. Julian Watson[/b] [i]Pre-Show[/i] Tayama totally destoryed young Julian Watson in a match that could've been rage against rage. Tayama overwhelmed Watson early on and pummeled him with those heavy handed punches. Watson fought back by choking Tayama, but was no match for a huge, spine jarring Powerbomb. [b]Rating:[/b] C [b][u]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Yasuhide Tayama:[/b] Three minutes and forty-nine seconds! I want to see someone top THAT! [b]Eagle Kawasawa vs. Black Eagle[/b] [i]Pre-Show[/i] This match had the potential to be gold as the two Eagles clashed in what was mainly a battle of speedy holds and even faster counter holds. The match was very fluid and going well until Pete Hall appeared at the entrance with an angry Jack Marlowe. When Eagle Kawasawa hit his Moonsault Press, that's when Marlowe made his move and rushed the ring. He began assaulting both junior heavyweights and laid Eagle Kawasawa out with a Nodawa Otoshi! Pete Hall then got on the mic and demanded that Marlowe be given a match: TONIGHT! Hanshiro Furusawa obliged and said that tonight's tag match is now a six-man tag. [b]Rating:[/b] B [b]Kazu Yoshizawa, Nathan Coleman, & Jack Marlowe vs. Hirokichi Yoemon, Shocker Okazawaya, & Naonobu Murkami[/b] The team of Yoshizawa, a returning Nathan Coleman, and "Mad" Jack Marlowe really laid into the opposition on our first match of the evening. Yoshizawa scored with a massive [b]Shoulder Breaker[/b] on Yoemon, but still only got a two. Coleman then came in and delivered a [b]Powerslam[/b], Yoshizawa with another pinfall and Okazawaya breaks it at two. Yoshizawa and Naonobu Murkami went at it with chops flying, finally Yoshizawa managed a sneaky eye poke and downed Murkami with a dropkick, only for a two count. Murkami did away with Yoshizawa after a spinning elbow, his staggering opponent wandered into his neutral corner and tagged in "Mad" Jack Marloew. The exchange between Marlowe and Murkami was really nice with both men pummeling each other with hard elbow smashes. Marlowe spins around for a Spinning Elbow Smash--[b]GLITTERING MAGICIAN[/b] OFF THE BACK OF MURKAMI BY OKAZAWAYA!!! Okazawaya and Murkami both grab an arm and plant their boots to the side of the head of "Mad" Jack Marlowe--[b]DROPKICK[/b] TO TH MUSH BY HIROKICHI YOEMON! The pin: One! Two! Coleman breaks up the count. Coleman and Yoshizawa clear the ring of Okazawaya, Murkami quickly tags back in the fresh Yoemon who clears the ring of Coleman and Yoshizawa. Stomps to the head of Marlowe, off the ropes--[b]Neckbreaker Drop[/b] only gets the two count. Yoemon calls for the ending and gets Marlowe to his feet, Yoshizawa distracts the referee--[b]SPEAR[/b] FROM NATHAN COLEMAN! Okazawaya and Murkami rush into the ring and ref demands that they get back on the apron, his back is turned--JACK MARLOWE WITH A DAMN-DASTARDLY [b]HEART PUNCH[/b]!!! Yoemon collapses to the mat grasping his chest and Marlowe covers him: One! Two!! Three!!! It's over. [b]Rating:[/b] B [b]Eiji Hamacho vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi[/b] Yoshifusa Maeda joined Hanshiro Furusawa and Masatake Hori at ringside for commentary. Hamacho faced a wrestler he had always been interested in fight: Toshiharu Hyobanshi. The two bosses of bruise wasted no time with circling or collar-elbow tie-ups and went at it full force with punches flying! Hamacho stomps on Hyobanshi's foot and whips him into the ropes only for Hyobanshi to hit a running neckbreaker and follow up with a legdrop for the two. Hyobanshi then went for the Stump Puller--someone's been digging through Sam Strong's bag of old moves, huh? With overwelming power, Hamacho breaks out of the hold, forcing Hyobanshi to apply a quick sleeperhold to subdue the "Raging Bull". Eiji Hamacho wouldn't have any of that and managed to get on one knee, Hyobanshi feeling his grasp slipping, stepped over Hamacho's shoulder and clasped on tighter. Hamacho willed his way to his feet, by now Hyobanshi has Hamacho in a body scissor and is still holding on with his sleeper, which is obviously beginning to take effect. Hamacho staggers about and looks set to fall, but in a burst of strength, Hamacho plows backwards into the corner, squashing Hyobanshi! However, Hyobanshi holds on to the sleeper, Hamacho begins to slump, using the ropes for support, he saunders out of the corner and drives Hyobanshi into the corner agaim! Hyobanshi releases the hold and Hamacho drops to his knees, trying to overcome his dizziness. Once Hamacho's questionable mental order is restored he goes on the attack with shoulder tackles to Hyobanshi's mid section, also throwing in some knees. Hamacho goes to whip Hyobanshi across the ring--HYOBANSHI REVERSES! Hamacho in the corner, Hyobanshi rushes in--[b]HYOBANSHI CRUSH[/b]! Hyobanshi appears to have hurt himself on that corner splash, but rushes in once more with a second one! Hamacho pulls himself out of the corner and along the ropes, and Hyobanshi gives pursuit with a clubbing ax handle to the back. Hamacho fights back with animalistic fury, swinging at Hyobanshi and missing. Hyobanshi scores with a kick to the gut and hoists Hamacho onto his shoulder--[b]SPINEBUSTER[/b] DELIVERED WITH AUTHORITY!!! Hyobanshi hooks the leg: ONE! TWO!! Hamacho powers out. Hyobanshi pulls Hamacho up and begins to rush him into the corner with a shoulder tackle, but Hamacho stops him halfway and begins to push back, breathing heavily. The two bulls are locked in center ring, both trying to push the other, who will win? Hamacho isn't giving up any ground, neither is Hyobanshi! Hyobanshi goes for the legs and begins digging in, Hamacho grabs Hyobanshi in a gutwrench, halting his advance--Hamacho straining...he almost lifts Hyobanshi off his feet--he's going for it again--Hyobanshi still trying to force Hamacho back--Hamacho hoists once more--HYOBANSHI LOOSES HIS GRIP! HAMACHO HAS HYOBANSHI UP IN A DANGEROUS POSITION! Hyobanshi upside down vertically from the mat, he's trying to kick his weight back down, but Hamacho has him up! This doesn't look good--Hamacho tosses Hyobanshi back--AND SLAMS HIM TO THE MAT STOMACH FIRST! Hamacho still has the gutwrench applied--[b]KARELIN LIFT[/b]! Hyobanshi is up once more and he looks out of it, the blood rushing to his head--and HAMACHO SLAMS HIM ONCE AGAIN! Hamacho is almost exhausted and Hyobanshi appears to be knocked out, the pin: ONE! TWO!! HYOBANSHI KICKS OUT!!! Hamacho can't believe it! The crowd is on their feet and chanting for Hyobanshi to get back up. Hamacho slowly to his feet, Hyobanshi on all fours, he's using Hamacho to pull himself up. Hamacho grabs him by the hair--Hyobanshi grabs Hamacho's legs! He hoists him in the air--MASSIVE [b]TAKEDOWN[/b]! Both men are down, both are spent...Hyobanshi crawling towards the corner Hamacho on his side, Hyobanshi pulling himself up--he's on his feet and he's calling for the Harm Touch! Hamacho to his feet, he stumbles back--Hyobanshi runs in, the spin--Hamacho ducks under and catches him in a gutwrench from behind! He lifts Hyobanshi up--[b]BACKDROP DRIVER[/b]!!! HYOBANSHI LANDS ON HIS HEAD!!! The pin: ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! IT'S OVER! HAMACHO WINS!!! [b]Rating:[/b] A [b][u]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Eiji Hamacho:[/b] *panting* AH! I FEEL INVIGORATED!!! THAT IS THE MATCH I'M EXPECTING FROM YOSHIFUSA MAEDA!!! That's the kind of fight I'm going to bring on the 30th when I take his championship belt! AH! [b]Yoshifusa Maeda:[/b] That was a great bout and a true contest of two powerful combatants going at each other full on. This Sunday, I will face Hamacho with my brain and not just my brawn and I will retain my championship. [color="red"][b]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] A [b]GAME RESULTS[/b] Yasuhide Tayama [b](3:49 Powerbomb)[/b] Julian Watson Eagle Kawasawa [b](10:51 via DQ)[/b] Black Eagle Kazu Yoshizawa, Nathan Coleman, & [b]Jack Marlowe[/b] [b](12:39 Heart Punch)[/b] [b]Hirokichi Yoemon[/b], Shocker Okazawaya, & Naonobu Murkami Eiji Hamacho [b](14:13 Backdrop Driver)[/b] Toshiharu Hyobanshi

[b][color="red"]GCG WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP POLL RESULTS, 7/27/06[/b][/color] [i]Oudou2K6, [url]www.puroresustop.com/gcg[/url][/i] In three days, former BHOTWG powerhouse, Eiji Hamacho will face long reigning GCG World champion, Yoshifusa Maeda for the championship. Below are the final results from a poll on the official GCG website. [b]Eiji Hamacho, the new champion:[/b] 55% [b]Yoshifusa Maeda, retains championship:[/b] 45% It appears that the fans believe that Maeda's veteran skills may not save him from the power and rage of Eiji Hamacho who looks all too ready to take the belt off of him. Results will be up after the 7/30 show!

[b]GCG, 7/28/06 Asaka Municipal Gym 1,000 Fans[/b] Julian Watson [b](10:53 Belly to Belly Suplex)[/b] Henry Bennett Samoan Machine [b](13:52 Unbreakable Sleeper)[/b] Naonobu Murkami Jack Marlowe [b](12:03 Heart Punch)[/b] Hirokichi Yoemon Pete Hall [b](15:46 Pistol Whip Lariat)[/b] Rhino Umaga [b][u]SHOW NOTES[/b][/u] -Julian Watson and Henry Bennett faced off in what would continue Bennett's losing streak. The match concludes after an overconfident Bennett rushes in for a running DDT, but instead receive a big Belly to Belly, giving Watson the pinfall. [b]Rating:[/b] C -Nanobu Murkami met Samoan Machine in what was basically a striking contest between the two. The veteran took a clear advantage of the younger Samoan Machine, evading his Kenka Kick attempts and Lariats. After on head kick too many, Machine managed to blast Murkami with a Lariat and lock on the Unbreakable Sleeper for the submission victory. [b]Rating:[/b] B- -Hirokichi Yoemon came into this match seeking revenge for his loss at the hands of an illegal strike. Jack Marlowe was accompanied to the ring by "Pistol" Pete Hall which always equals trouble. After being tricked and double teamed for much of the match, Yoemon finally had enough and began unleashing stiff, chestbone breaking kicks! Hall distracted our beloved ref long enough for Marlowe to catch a potentially life threatening kick and deliver the near fatal [b]HEART PUNCH[/b] for a seemingly "phantom" pinfall victory! [b]Rating:[/b] B -After a brief intermission, it was time for the main event, another power bout between two powerful gaijin behemoths in Pete Hall and Rhino Umaga. After an intense back and forth battle in which both men battered and bomb each other to near-oblivion, Pete Hall defeated the Samaoan terror with a flawlessly executed Pistol Whip Lariat! [b]Rating:[/b] B [b][color="red"]FINAL RATING:[/b][/color] B

[b]GCG, 7/30/06 Kagawa Sports Field 2,000 Fans[/b] The final night of the "Summer Fury Tour" returned to Kagawa Sports Field to a packed house for what could be the powerbout of the evening: Yoshifusa Maeda defends his title against Eiji Hamacho! [b]Naonobu Murkami vs. Henry Bennett[/b] Bennett came into the match expecting a win to end his streak. Murkami faced the more ****ier than usual gaijin in a quick bout that saw Bennett really go for it with a sunset flip over the tope, powerbombing Murkami off the apron and ONTO THE FLOOR! Murkami returned the favor with a [b]BRAINBUSTER[/b] onto the concrete floor! He rolled Bennett into the ring, but only got a two count. Bennett scored a Brainbuster of his own, but couldn't put Murkami away for the 1-2-3. Bennett kept the pressure on, whipping Murkami into the ropes and stopping him at full speed with a jumping knee. He attempted the Glittering Black Magician, only for Murkami to catch his foot and give him a dragon screw! OUCH...he pulls Bennett to his feet--and ANOTHER [b]DRAGON SCREW[/b]! Murkami signals for a third--OUCH!!! Memories of [i]WCW/nWo Revenge[/i] there! Anyone remember AKIman? Anyway, Bennett manages to reach the ropes after a leglock and the fight resumes. Murkami attempts an ankle lock, but Bennett rolls through and locks his own [b]Ankle Lock[/b]! After Murkami reaches the ropes and quickly breaks free of Bennett's Ankle Lock, it was all down hill. Bennett couldn't defend against the barrage of chops and the unexpected kick to the head that lead to the [b]Brainbuster[/b] and another loss in the books. [b]Rating:[/b] B [b]Nathan Coleman vs. Julian Watson[/b] Julian Watson came into this match like a ball of fire. However, any hopes of winning where soon put to rest as Coleman came out and the two brawled into the audience--no man's land, if you will. After a [b]Jumping Piledriver[/b] on concrete AND a [b]DDT[/b] onto a pile of chairs, Coleman carried the limp Watson back into the ring for the pin--but WATSON KICKS OUT! Ready to pack this one in, Coleman pulls Watson to his feet and drives him into the mat with a [b]Inverted Piledriver[/b] for the pinfall victory. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ [b]GCG World Tag Team #1 Contenders: Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Hirokichi Yoemon & Shocker Okazawaya[/b] Obviously, SDI have been paying attention to the tour's matches because they just dogged Yoemon with kicks to the chest and gorilla press slams. After a vicious powerbomb, the duo stomped away on Yoemon--enter Okazawaya with the dropkick from the top turnbuckle, knocking Samoan Machine over the top rope! You've got to love Okazawaya's dropkick, huh? Best in the biz. The team of Yoemon and Shocker quickly take to Rhino Umaga with kicks to the chest and Yoemon with one good one to the head--and Umaga is on spaghetti legs. Okazawaya kicks Umaga's legs from under him with a dropkick to the knees and grabs an arm. He calls for Yoemon to get ready and grabs an arm and pulls back, placing a boot to the side of Umaga's head, holding him taut. Hirokichi Yoemon signals and hits the ropes--bounces off--[b]BULLET TRAIN[/b]!!! That sick looking dropkick to the face! They don't win often, but boy does that move rock! Yoemon with the pin: One! Two!! Samoan Machine pulls Yoemon out of the ring! And begins pummeling him with kicks to the chest. Okazawaya climbs to the top turnbuckle--and a crossbody to outside onto Machine! After collecting himself, Okazawaya helps Yoemon to his feet and rolls him back into the ring. Umaga is already up, rubbing his face angrily. He sees Yoemon--RHINO CHAR--Yoemon with a quick drop toehold, dropping Umaga across the middle rope throat first! Okazawaya climbs onto the apron as Yoemon climbs out of the ring and onto the apron as well. They measure up Umaga--[b]DOUBLE RUNNING BOOTS[/b] TO THE HEAD! Umaga looks out of it and the ref checks on him. Yoemon slowly climbs back into the ring and is greeted by an angry Samoan Machine--[b]HEART KICK[/b]!!! OUCH! Yoemon drops to his knees holding his chest then falls to the mat in pain. Okazawaya rushes in and charges at Samoan Machine--[b]POWERSLAMMED[/b] OUT OF HIS BOOTS! Samoan Machine pulls Rhino Umaga off the ropes and drags him over onto Yoemon for the pin: ONE! TWO!! YOEMON KICKS OUT!!! Samoan Machine calls for the end and pulls Yoemon to his feet and hoists him onto his shoulder, not much Yoemon can do here, I reckon--but take his [b]SAMOAN DRIVER[/b]!!! Umaga crawls over for the pinfall attempt: ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! It's all over! [b]Rating:[/b] C+ [u][b]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Rhino Umaga:[/b] Toshiharu Hyobanshi, Namboku Makuda--you got us the first time, next time, you won't be keeping those belts! WE GUARANTEE IT! [b]Samaon Machine:[/b] ...Hmph. [b]Shotaro Ikina vs. Namboku Makuda[/b] Ikina came into this match extremely weary of the young Namboku Makuda, known for his wide range of illegal and usually sneaky pins. Makuda however, looked ready to run Ikina down as from the opening bell, this match was just "GO! GO! GO!". The pace of the match was insane as Shotaro Ikina attempted to keep up with his much younger and obviously better conditioned opponent. In the opening four minutes, Makuda had already attempted three pinfall attempts. Whipped into the corner, it was obvious that Ikina was tiring out quickly. Makuda rushes in for a monkey flip--Ikina grabs Makuda and holds him overhead--[b]SNAKE EYES[/b] ONTO THE TOP TURNBUCKLE! Ikina climbs onto the second rope and begins wailing on Makuda with those closed fisted punches. The ref warns Ikina and he breaks it up. Ikina tosses Makuda out of the corner and advances to continue the attack, Makuda is calling for time out, but as we know, that doesn't work in wrestling. Ikina steps on Makuda's ankle, stopping him from scooting back any further and dives onto him and into a headlock. Makuda appears trapped as Ikina increases the pressure. Slowly, but surely, Makuda reaches and gets a foot on the ropes. Shotaro Ikina allows the youngster to his feet and quickly locks up with him, he has him up for a Brainbuster--and Makuda drops out of it and into a pin: One! Two!! Ikina kicks out. Ikina to his feet, Makuda with a quick takedown, figure fours the legs, and flips over into a beautiful Jacknife Hold--One! Two!! Thr--Ikina powers out of the fall. Makuda waits for Ikina to get to his feet and rushes in...Inside Cradle--Ikina stops it and drops a leg across Makuda's throat. He grabs a handful of hair and pulls Makuda to his feet, he has him up for an Ikina Dri--Makuda slips out of it! Ikina turns around quickly, Makuda turns him back around--[b]MAKUDA BACKSLIDE[/b]!!! ONE! TWO!! THR--Ikina kicks out! Inside Cradle from Makuda! ONE! TWO!! Ikinda shifts his weight: ONE! TWO!! Makuda reverses ONE! TWO!! They're both on their shoulders! ONE! TWO!! THR--and they break! The crowd is loving it! Ikina is winded and looking to call it a day. Both men to their feet, Makuda leaps up perhaps for a hurricarana pin--[b]POWERBOMB[/b] FROM IKINA!!! ONE! TWO!! THR--MAKUDA [i]BARELY[/i] POWERS OUT!!! Ikina pulls Makuda to his feet and whips him into the ropes--misses the Kenka Kick, Makuda going for a Kenka Kick of his own, Ikina rolls under--Makuda turns--a short [b]KENKA KICK[/b] lays him out! The pin: ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! And this contest ends! [b]Rating:[/b] B- [u][b]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Shotaro Ikina:[/b] Namoboku Makuda almost had me, that kid is fast he was two steps ahead of me. But patience won out, he would've slipped up soon or later...I just had to wait for it and the Kenka Kick took care of the rest. [b]Namoboku Makuda:[/b] Bah! Luck...the old b*****d was just lucky. Everyone gets a break once in a while, that was his. He won't get anymore if we're in the ring against each other again! [b]Eagle Kawasawa & Burning Takash-ta vs. Dark Angel & Black Eagle[/b] In what could have been the match of the night, four very good junior heavyweights faced off in the ring--in tag team action of course. One on side stood the team of Eagle Kawasawa and WLW's Burning Takash-ta on the other the menancing threat to all super juniordom, Dark Angel and his partner as of late, Black Eagle. The action started off with Takash-ta and Black Eagle tying up, Black Eagle whips Takash-ta into the ropes only for Takash-ta to hop over them and beckon Eagle in. Eagle rushes in and duped over the top rope as Takash-ta pulls the rope down on him. Once Black Eagle gets back to his feet, Burning Takash-ta introduces him to his Yasujiro Moonsault. Eagle Kawasawa entered the ring next as did Dark Angel whose been terrorizing the GCG junior star throughout the tour. The two circled each other, each time one tried to run in, the other was there at a stale mate, the two just rushed in Kawasawa ducked under Angel's clothesline with a sliding kick that missed as Angel instinctively jumped over it. Kawasawa sprung back to his feet and was greeted with an elbow to the head and whipped across the ring. Kawasawa hit a handstand against the ropes and leaped back for a springboard elbow--[b]DROPKICK[/b] TO THE BACK BY DARK ANGLE! Ouch, man! Really, c'mon now. Dark Angel turned around to soak in the boos--[b]SPRINGBOARD DROPKICK[/b] TO THE MUSH courtesy of Burning Takash-ta! Takash-ta with a nice standing moonsault, but Angel isn't the legal man. Black Eagle comes crawling back in and catches a stomp across the head. Eagle Kawasawa joins back in on the action favoring his back and the two whip Black Eagle into the ropes, a double spinebuster, they both grapevine a leg and flip over--and Black Eagle is slammed to mat and trapped in a double leg lock! He looks set to tap--and Dark Angel breaks up the submission. Dark Angel with a legdrop onto Takash-ta, Eagle Kawasawa off the ropes--elbowdrop to Dark Angel and the punches! The punches! He's getting him some of Dark Angel! Black Eagle pulls Kawasawa off--[b]FACE CRUSHER[/b] ROCKS BLACK EAGLE! Takash-ta crawls over for the pin: One! Two!! Thr--Black Eagle kicks out...just [i]barely[/i]. When order is finally restored Black Eagle dropkicks Burning Takash-ta out of the ring and makes the tag to Dark Angel who taunts Eagle Kawasawa to jump in. Kawasawa takes the bait and the ref has to see to him, Dark Angel and Black Eagle pummel Burning Takash-ta and give him a [b]TAKASH-TA DRIVER[/b]!!! The pin! ONE! TWO!! TAKASH-TA KICKS OUT!!! Dark Angel drags Takash-ta into his corner and delaces his mask, Kawasawa tries to run in, but the ref stops him. Angel ties Takash-ta's mask lace to the turnbuckle and stomps away on him! Finally, Kawasawa has had enough and rushes at Angel with a takedown--and more punches! Dark Angel fighting off his back, but he's taking those hard blows! Kawasawa attempts to choke Dark Angel and is pulled off by the ref. Dark Angel quickly tags out to Black Eagle and rolls out onto the apron. Black Eagle unties Takash-ta and pulls him out of the corner. A nice scoop slam, and Black Eagle is going up! On the outside, dojo boys are holding Eagle Kawasawa back from Dark Angel who is still taunting him. Black Eagle with a [b]NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE[/b]--Burning Takash-ta rolls out of the way and Black Eagle rolls through and holds his leg, apparently he landed too hard. Takash-ta removes the middle turnbuckle and begins crawling out of the corner. Black Eagle assures the ref he is fine and sees Takash-ta crawling towards him, he rushes in--Takash-ta grabs Eagle's tights and pulls him down--[b]HEAD MEETS METAL[/b] as Black Eagle's head collides with the exposed turnbuckle! Takash-ta slowly climbs the turnbuckles, Dark Angel is trying to pull him--and Eagle Kawasawa with a clubbing blow to the back of Angel! Burning Takash-ta signals to the crowd--[b]450 SPLASH[/b]! ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! Burning Takash-ta and Eagle Kawasawa defeat Black Eagle and Dark Angel!!! [b]Rating:[/b] B+ [b]Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs. Yasuhide Tayama[/b] This was another great brawl out of GCG this tour as Hyobanshi takes on WEXXV's Tayama in a true clash of the titans! Before Hyobanshi even gets to the ring, Tayama ambushes him him and the two brawl in the aisle. Tayama knocks Hyobanshi over the railing and into the crowd and follows up with stomps onto the prone Hyobanshi. When Toshiharu Hyobanshi finally gets back into the game and back on the offensive, Yasuhide Tayama has a chair in hand ready to wrap it around Hyobanshi's head! Hyobanshi grabs a chair and protects himself against a swing that could be detrimental to his health! A bout of dueling chairs ensues with Tayama [b]BRAINING[/b] Hyobanshi across the noggin, busting him open good! For good measure, Tayama takes another chair and goes across Hyobanshi's head so hard, the chair's bottom pops out! Hyobanshi slowly drags himself along the railing as the crowd makes way for the two pillars of power heading towards the ring. Tayama grabs Hyobanshi by the hair and applies a claw, squeezing Hyobanshi's head like a rotten tomato! After torturing his victim, Tayama sends Hyobanshi flying over the railing and into the ringside area before climbing over himself. He bashes Hyobanshi's head into the commentary desk and leads him towards the ring, he looks set to Irish Whip him into the guard rail--HYOBANSHI REVERSES SENDING TAYAMA CRASHING BACK FIRST INTO THE RAIL!!! Tayama staggers forward and gets laid out with a standing [b]HYOBANSHI CRUSH[/b]! Hyobanshi wipes the blood out of his eyes and takes the microphone cord. Tayama begins crawling away and Hyobanshi begins whipping him with the cord! Tayama crawls into the "safety" of the ring and Hyobanshi follows him, prompting the ref to finally ring the bell and start the match. Tayama pulls himself to his feet only to get kicked in the chest by Hyobanshi and knocked back on his keister. Toshiharu Hyobanshi begins stomping away on Yasuhide Tayama and lands one particularly devastating kneedrop across the face of his violent victim. Tayama pulls himself up once more, but again Hyobanshi knocks him down and begins stomping on his head once more. He signals for the Harm Touch and removes his glove, beckoning Tayama to get up--[b]HARM TOUCH[/b]! Wait--TAYAMA IS STILL STANDING! Hyobanshi spins around--another [b]HARM TOUCH[/b]!! Tayama staggers forward, but is still standing with that glassy look in his eyes...Hyobanshi has both fist clenched, he looks ready to do Tayama in--Hyobanshi off the ropes--[b]POLISH HAMMER[/b] FROM TAYAMA!!! Tayama falls to mat, dizzy from the adult dosage of Harm Touch and begins crawling away towards the ropes. Hyobanshi slowly comes to and gets to all fours as Tayama is advancing on him. Tayama pulls him to his feet and hoists him onto his shoulders--[b]TAYAMA CYCLONE[/b]--Hyobanshi falls back into a crucifix pin: One! Two!! Tayama kicks out. Yasuhide Tayama shakes off the cobwebs and gets to his feet as does Toshiharu Hyobanshi! Tayama quickly whips Hyobanshi into the ropes and scoops him up into a fireman's carry--[b]DEATH VALLEY BOMB[/b]!!! The pin! ONE! TWO!! THR--HYOBANSHI KICKS OUT!!! Tayama can't believe it and looks like he just ate a hate and spite sandwhich, Hyobanshi just kicked out of the Death Valley Bomb! Tayama slowly to his feet, he grabs Hyobanshi by the hair and pulls him up, we could see the Tayama Cyclone...he has Hyobanshi on his shoulders--[b]TAYAMA CYCLONE[/b]! Tayama crawls over and drapes an arm over Toshiharu Hyobanshi: ONE! TWO!! THR--HYOBANSHI KICKS OUT ONCE MORE!!! Hyobanshi is back with us and he's willing his way to his knees, Tayama attempts to crawl towards the ropes and pull himself up, Hyobanshi to his feet! Tayama to his feet! Tayama: elbow smash, elbow smash--massive [b]ELBOW SMASH[/b]! Hyobanshi still standing--Hyobanshi grabs Tayama's head: kick, kick--[b]KNEE TO THE FACE[/b]!! OUCH! Tayama back on the attack with those elbow smashes, Hyobanshi fires back with the kicks and the knee...Tayama off the ropes--[b]RUNNING ELBOW SMASH[/b]!!! Hyobanshi looks dazed, Tayama lets out a loud kiai and bouces off the ropes for another Running Elbow Smash--Hyobanshi hops up--[b]GAMENGIRI[/b]! GAMENGIRI!! The jumping high kick connects and Tayama is out on his feet! Hyobanshi breaths in and hops up once more--[b]GAMENGIRI[/b] with a sickeningly stiff THUD! lays Tayama out! The pin: ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! Toshiharu Hyobanshi defeats Yasuhide Tayama!!! [b]Rating:[/b] A [u][b]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Toshiharu Hyobanshi:[/b] Yasuhide Tayama proved to be a tough challenge once again. I hope he realizes now that his tactics and wanton violence isn't wanted or needed here GCG! He can leave all the chairs and garbage in WEXXV, we wrestle here. [b]Yasuhide Tayama:[/b] WHERE'S HYOBANSHI?!! I WANT HYOBANSHI!! WHERE IS HE?!! Tayama finds Hyobanshi in the lockeroom and confronts him with some verbal insults we can't post here. Some wrestlers and dojo boys had to seperate the two before a fight breaks out. [b]Pete Hall vs. Kazu Yoshizawa[/b] This was a pretty good match, although the styles didn't exactly match. Kazu Yoshizawa, a fine techical wrestler would have to use all his ring knowledge against Pete Hall, a great veteran in his own right who could just barrel through Yoshizawa with sheer power. Yoshizawa has a bit of ring rust, but he managed to hold his own against the big Texan. When his technical abilities couldn't hold Hall down for long, he resorted to taking out the knees which did their job in getting him down and into his [b]Single Leg Crab Hold[/b]. However, Hall powered his way to the ropes and broke out of that immediately. Yoshizawa kept the match on the mat with more leglocks to the targeted leg, still not managing to secure a submission victory. Finally, the bout moves back to a vertical base, but the damage was done. Hall limped about the ring to attack Yoshizawa, which bought the wily veteran the time to evade his attacks and deliver more kicks and dropkicks to the knees, again dropping Hall. Kazu Yoshizawa stayed on Hall's knees not once letting up, Hall's chances of pulling out the victory were withering with each leglock and leg stomp Yoshizawa managed to lock on. The only thing keeping Hall in this match was his will to defeat Yoshizawa. He finally got the opening he needed after Yoshizawa attempted a dragon screw and Hall scored an unexpected enzuguri! The power of the big man's kick clearly stunned Yoshizawa and Hall quickly limped towards a comeback with that feared left hammer--er, hand. Busting Yoshizawa open, marked the beginning of the end. After a scoop slam and a HUMONGOUS legdrop, Pete Hall limped towards the ropes and removed his elbowpad, slowly, Yoshizawa got to his knees, holding his throat and coughing violently...Yoshizawa to his feet--[b]PISTOL WHIP LARIAT[/b]!!! The pin: ONE! TWO!! THREE!!! Pete Hall wins the match. [b]Rating:[/b] C+ [b]GCG World Heavyweight Championship: Eiji Hamacho vs. Yoshifusa Maeda (c)[/b] [b]Ring Announcer:[/b] And now, time for our main event! The lights dimmed and crowd silenced, a red light illuminates the ring as the opening to "Holy War 21" plays over the PA system. A spot light appears in the eastern half of the area as Eiji Hamacho makes his way through the crowd with a face full of scowl, dojo boys and his second following closely behind. He's still wrapping his fist in anticipation of putting a hurting on Maeda in that very ring. After climbing over the guard rail, he climbs onto the ring apron looking out to crowd of fans before giving them all the bird and spitting at the ring announcer, causing him to back into a corner. Hamacho's second holds the middle and top ropes open for him and he climbs through and heads to his neutral corner. He climbs the second turnbuckle and signals to the crowd that the belt is his before climbing down to be checked for illegal weapons by Referee Shunko Nakuda. After that is done, the lights dim once more. [i]"In a world of heroes, there can only be one champion."[/i] The theme to "Highlander" plays over the PA, the guitars kick in and the spot light shines on the entrance curtain. Out comes the GCG World Heavyweight Champion, Yoshifusa Maeda! The crowd cheers as he continues towards the ring, his second trailing behind him. He has a stoic look on his face not flinching even with his opponent staring a hole into him. He climbs up the ring steps and through the ropes. Hamacho rushes at him, but the ref holds him back and calms him down--or at least tries. Finally, the ring announcer steps into center ring for introductions. [b]Ring Announcer:[/b] In the red corner, the challenger: from the Ginza District in Tokyo...weighing in 282lbs--[b]EIJI HA-MA-CHOOOOOOO[/b]!!! And, in the blue corner: from Suma Ward, Kobe...weighing 240lbs--[b]YOSHIFUSA...MAE-DAAAAAAA[/b]!!! The crowd throws streamers into the ring and the referee shows Hamacho the belt. Press pictures are taken and the ref calls for the bell signaling the beginning of the main event... Hamacho stares Maeda down before locking up with the veteran grappler. Hamacho powers him into a corner and backs off before the ref even has a chance to come over. As Maeda steps out of the corner, Hamacho decks him with a hard right, forcing him back into the corner and goes on the attack choking the champion! he breaks at four, but goes right back on the attack with the choke. Once more, he breaks and allows Maeda to fall out of the corner, quickly going for the pin and only turning up with a two. Hamacho pulls Maeda to his feet and plants him with a powerful scoop slam. He climbs the second rope and measures Maeda up--and a huge fist drop to the throat! Another pinfall and another kickout, this time at one. Hamacho grabs Maeda by the hair and hoists him over his shoulder--a HUGE running powerslam takes the wind out of the champ. Hamacho off the ropes--[b]BIG SPLASH[/b]! The pin: One! Two!! Maeda gets the shoulder up. Hamacho pulls Maeda to his feet and whips him into the ropes--Maeda slides under the big boot and pulls his planted foot, tripping him up. Maeda quickly applies an ankle lock, taking time to get his breath back. Hamacho begins crawling towards the ropes and Maeda uses his might to pull him away from them. He grapevines the targeted leg and applies a crossface, completely stopping Hamacho's advance. We wrenches in the hold and Hamacho begins crawling on his elbows and reaching for the ropes--and he makes it. Maeda releases the hold and goes on the attack stomping on the knee. Hamacho pulls himself back up using the ropes only for his legs to be kicked from under him by Maeda. Hamacho rolls to the outside and away from Maeda who is held back by the ref. Once Hamacho returns to the ring, Maeda is all on him, stomping away as he gets to his feet. Hamacho stares Maeda down and begins stomping the limb on the side that Maeda was targeting showing that it doesn't hurt. He then plows Maeda down with a clothesline, Maeda back on all fours and Hamacho goes to apply a camel clutch, but Maeda is already at the ropes. Hamacho pulls Maeda away from the ropes and pulls him up by his hair, Maeda turns--and a kick to the knees! Another, another kick! Hamacho releases his hold and begins to back peddal, Maeda still targeting that knee! Hamacho backs into a corner and Maeda unleashes with kicks to the legs and mid section as Hamacho scrambles to cover up. Maeda throwing in some punches--he's bombarding the "Raging Bull" with strikes to anywhere that isn't covered up! Hamacho slowly drops down in the corner, still defending himself--he's on the mat and Maeda is just stomping on that knee! The ref comes in and pulls Maeda off of Hamacho and begins to inspect him, Hamacho points to the knee, but ensure the ref that he can continue. He pulls himself up and beckons Maeda to give him more of a fight! Maeda rushes in with an elbow to the face which Hamacho returns! The two are exchanging elbows--Hamacho pushes Maeda out of the corner and limps towards him. Maeda rushes back in with an elbow and Hamacho blindsides him with a closed fist! The ref didn't see it and Hamacho advances on the stunned Maeda--a huge headbutt and Maeda is staggering into a corner--and Hamacho unloads with punches to Maeda! Hamacho with a [b]SPINNING ELBOW SMASH[/b]--and MAEDA IS DOWN! Hamacho begins stomping on the prone Maeda in the corner and ref comes in and pulled Hamacho off of him. Hamacho pushed the ref aside and pulled Maeda to his feet--[b]SPINNING ELBOW SMASH[/b]! Yoshifusa Maeda begins pulling himself along the ropes, Hamacho runs up--bulldog! Hamacho drags Maeda to center ring and begins choking Maeda, the ref counts to four and Hamacho breaks. Hamacho pulls Maeda up and sets him up in a standing headscissors, POWERBOMB--Maeda drops out of! Hamacho is surprised, but rushes at the champ--Maeda with a drop toehold. Hamacho slowly gets to his feet as does Maeda...Hamacho with a massive [b]LARIAT[/b]! The pin: One! Two!! Maeda kicks out! Eiji Hamacho off the ropes--big [b]KNEEDROP[/b]! Maeda has been busted open! Hamacho grins and places his boot on Maeda's face as if squashing him into the mat, the ref gives him the break count and Hamacho lets off the attack. Yoshifusa Maeda tries to pull himself up using Hamacho who just stands there grinning. Once Maeda is on his knees, Hamacho clubs him down and pulls him to his feet, Maeda doesn't look too hot. Hamacho off the ropes--[b]SPEAR[/b]!!! Hook of the legs and the pin: ONE! TWO!! THR--MAEDA KICKS OUT!!! The ref shows Hamacho the two and the "Raging Bull" angrily drags Maeda to his feet and hoists him onto his shoulder, it looks like a massive spinebuster coming up--Maeda kicks his legs and falls over Hamacho's shoulder and into a roll up! One! Two! Hamacho kicks out! Maeda wills his way to his feet, Hamacho is up--Maeda with an elbow smash! And another elbow smash!! Hamacho blocks the third elbow smash--SPINNING ELBOW SMA--Maeda ducks under and shoots Hamacho's legs from under him, Hamacho is scooting towards the ropes as fast as he can--Maeda quickly applies the figure four leglock and holds on for dear life! Hamacho is writhing in pain as pressure is put on that batter knee! Maeda is pounding the mat like a man possessed! Hamacho tries turning on his side, but Maeda holds his weight down, Hamacho still trying to turn Maeda...Hamacho is powering Maeda over, Maeda is trying to keep from turning, but Hamacho is too powerful! HAMACHO IS OVER! THE PRESSURE IS REVER--MAEDA ROLLS BACK ON HIS BACK! Hamacho is feeling the effects of the figure four again! Hamacho reaches for the ropes, they're in reach--and Maeda begins scooting back away from the ropes. Hamacho tries desperately to grab the ropes, but they're too far away! Eiji Hamacho drags Yoshifusa Maeda with him and reaches for the ropes--AND HE MAKES IT! The ref is calling for the break, but Maeda is holding on! He breaks at four, having put all the energy he had in locking the hold in. Hamacho's appears destroyed as he is rolling on the mat in pain. Maeda crawls on all fours and manages to get to his feet, Hamacho is leaning in the corner on a bad knee. He lumbers towards Maeda, the champ turns and goes for a punch--Hamacho catches, he goes for a punch of his own, Maeda catches it the two wrestlers are locked and neither has a clear advantage! Eiji Hamacho drops Maeda's hand and pulls him in--[b]HAMACHO SLEDGE 2K[/b] DELIVERED!!! It didn't have much strength behind it, but could do...Hamacho covers Maeda, this could be it--ONE! TWO!! THR--Maeda kicks out!!! Hamacho pounds the mat in frustration and begins hitting his bad knee to "get it working". Finally, he gets back to his feet, but Maeda is still down. He takes up a position and waits for Maeda to rise...Maeda is on his side, but doesn't see Hamacho. He slowly and gingerly gets to all fours, Hamacho looks ready, he stomps and clenches his fist! This could be it! Maeda to his feet, staggering...he looks out of gas--HAMACHO RUSHES IN! [b]SPEAR[/b]--NO! Maeda slides under and hooks the legs, he rolls back up into a BOSTON CRAB! HAMACHO IS TRAPPED! Maeda drops one leg and holds on tight to the battered knee! Hamacho is crawling towards the ropes, he's almost there, NO! SO CLOSE! Maeda steps forward, away from the ropes. Hamacho is writhing and thrashing trying to get free! Maeda leans back and puts one foot on Hamacho's head! He's not going anywhere! Maeda has that [b]Elevated Single Leg Crab[/b] in for the long haul! Will Hamacho tap?! Hamacho reaching desperately for the ropes--AND HE TAPS! EIJI HAMACHO TAPS!!! IT'S OVER, YOSHIFUSA MAEDA RETAINS THE TITLE!!! [b]Rating:[/b] B+ Streamers fly into the ring and Yoshifusa Maeda releases the hold. Ring physicians and staff rush the ring to tend to the two battle weary warriors. Maeda is helped to his feet by Naonobu Murkami, Toshiharu Hyobanshi hands him the championship, Maeda holds the belt over head for the crowd to see and is congradulated by fellow wrestlers. [u][b]Post Match Comments[/b][/u] [b]Yoshifusa Maeda:[/b] *panting* I never gave up hope for the win. I stuck to it and my spirit willed me on...I had to wait for an opening, for Hamacho to leave himself open at some point. When I saw the light behind Hamacho, I knew [i]that[/i] was my chance and I took it and locked on the crab. And here I sit, still GCG World Champion. The fans who believed were behind me and that willed me to keep pushing and to defend my championship. It always has and it always will...The day the fans stop believing is the day I loose this belt. [b]Eiji Hamacho:[/b] *panting* Yoshifusa Maeda, don't even think this is the last you've seen of me! I'll be back, damn you! Next time we meet, I'll defeat you in the middle of the ring and I'll be that much closer to being GCG Champion! Don't ever let your guard down, Maeda, I'm never too far behind! [b][color="red"]Rating:[/b][/color] B [b]GAME RESULT[/b] Naonobu Murkami [b](10:53 Brainbuster)[/b] Henry Bennett Nathan Colemon [b](6:55 Inverted Piledriver)[/b] Julian Watson [b]Rhino Umaga[/b] & Samoan Machine [b](14:33 Samoan Driver)[/b] [b]Hirokichi Yoemon[/b] & Shocker Okazawaya Shotaro Ikina [b](13:09 Kenka Kick)[/b] Namboku Makuda Eagle Kawasawa & [b]Burning Takash-ta[/b] [b](16:31 450 Splash)[/b] Dark Angel & [b]Black Eagle[/b] Toshiharu Hyobanshi [b](12:40 Gamengiri)[/b] Yasuhide Tayama Pete Hall [b](10:29 Pistol Whip Lariat)[/b] Kazu Yoshizawa Yoshifusa Maeda [b](22:31 Elevated Single Leg Crab)[/b] Eiji Hamacho

[b][color="red"]GCG Press Conference, 8/1/06[/b][/color] [i]broadcast live on Shikoku Regional Television[/i] The press conference opens with an overhead shot as fans and press slowly file into Kagawa Sports Field. The camera cuts to GCG Owner, Hanshiro Furusawa who shaking hands with press members then slowly over to newly appointed Headbooker, Jinsei Horiguchi who is sitting at the table next to the podium. His arms are folded and he looks disinterested in the press cameras as they flash on and off. He glances over at the television camera then back out at the audience. Once everyone has settled, Hanshiro Furusawa steps out before the GCG banner and bows to the crowd. [b]Hanshiro Furusawa:[/b] I would like to thank you all--wrestling and sports press, as well as pro-wrestling fans--for coming to the press conference today. As you know, Horiguchi-san has some items to discuss, most of which will change GCG--some wrestlers may like the changes, and some may not, but these issues [i]will[/i] change GCG. I support Horiguchi-san's changes 100% and I will now allow him to address them to you. Horiguchi-san? [b]Jinsei Horiguchi:[/b] Thank you, Furusawa-san, and thank you press and fans. First, I would like to apologize for not being at the 7/30 show for what I have been told was a great show from top to bottom. The reaction from the fans on the GCG boards reflect that and we here at GCG, from the ring staff to the wrestlers themselves would like to thank you. You made that tour and all those shows special. The crowd gives a loud applause and Horiguchi nods before holding his hand up. [b]Jinsei Horiguchi:[/b] Now then, on to our first subject: [b]The meeting with TCW and Tommy Cornell[/b]. During my short ring career, I had the pleasure of wrestling in TCW during their Japanese tour in 1998 and it was an enjoyable experience. Cornell-san is a great wrestler, a huge fan of Japanese pro-wrestling, and a good friend of GCG. I would to state that the meeting went extremely well and that GCG has bought the rights to the vacant [b]TCW Cruiserweight Championship[/b] . Not only that, but Cornell-san will be here in Japan for the big event GCG has coming up [i]this month[/i]! It is the [b]Sky High Invitational 2006[/b]. A week long junior heavyweight tournament featuring some of the finest juniors in the world! The following promotions will be represented in this tournament: GCG TCW NOTBPW INSPIRE Superfly Promociones de Tijuana Project: GIANT J BHOTWG CZCW Okazawaya Dojo [b]Jinsei Horiguchi:[/b] It was hard to decide who will be allowed to enter the tournament--and I don't seem to have the names with me at the moment--those will be on the GCG website tonight, [b]but[/b] we have some top notch talent in this league battle, talent that will be on this month's "Sky J Tour". This brings us to the next item of business: [b]Some wrestlers not getting time on the card[/b]. Fans have been saying, "Where's Dark Angel?" or "How come Kazu Yoshizawa hasn't wrestled in a week?" It's because we only have a 30 minute show--or at least we [i]had[/i] only a 30 minute show. I would like to announce that GCG now has a hour--90 minute--show that will be airing next season! It will be called "High Impact" and will provide that extra time for some wrestlers to showcase their skills. Not only that, but Heavyweights and the Juniors now have clearly defined divisions. We are working on getting the junior heavyweights their own television program as we speak. To even the field, we have also bought the rights to the [b]Independent Juniors Union Tag Team Championships[/b] which will be showcased in the Junior Division. There is an even louder applause from the crowd. Horiguchi continues. [b]Jinsei Horiguchi:[/b] And our last order of business: [b]GCG Rules[/b]. The last tour was a chance for me to see what works and what doesn't work--and what doesn't work needs to go! The new GCG rules will be on the website tonight as we are running out of time for this press conference. Again, thank you all for coming, all questions can be directed to Furusawa-san. Furusawa-san, you have the floor.

Archived