New dynasty / blog ideas

I'm new to the forum, but going to be posting my long term save on here. I blog another game over on my site which I'll be cross posting on here. Quesion I have is which mod should I post? I've narrowed it down to either the Chronicles 1992 or 1998 by Fleisch, or real world update June 2020 byTheWho87.

My other blogs I've always wrote a narrative style, so this won't be any different. I don't just want to post ech card and winners / losers, but I plan to start as a booker at a small or medium promotion and work my way up to the top promotion whoever that may be however many years into the game.

So yeah, question is out of the 3 noted above who do you think I should go with?

• Like 1

I'm not sure there's such a thing as a bad dynasty idea (even the idea of a dynasty challenging that theory sounds fun 😅) especially with the time periods you are looking at. So I'd say the best one will be the one that excites you the most as that's the one you're likely to have the most ideas for and motivation to persevere with, and I think that holds more power in drawing others in than the choice of database, promotion or characters, so trust your instincts. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck.

• Like 1

I'm not saying you should do this, and this may well be me going off on a tangent... but I've always wanted to see a historical diary where things go wildly different from what happened in real life. Or where someone picks a wrestler who never got a shot at glory and pushes them to the moon, rather than the usual names. 

Something like...

Bischoff: So, Kevin. Scott here is already on board with this. It's a wild idea but you'll love it. We're starting a faction called the New World Order. The nWo. We're gonna take over all of WCW and change wrestling forever.

Nash: Nah, sounds stupid. 'New World Order' sounds waaaay too political. The kids'll never go for it. I'd look like such a dweeb! I'm out.

Bischoff: But... but... I asked everyone else on the roster... everyone else is too scared to do it. Only you and Scotty Hall here have the balls to make this thing work.

Nash: Nah. Worst idea ever. That Air Paris kid wanted an opportunity. Give it to him. I dare you, Bisch! I dare you!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dstephe4 said:

I'm not saying you should do this, and this may well be me going off on a tangent... but I've always wanted to see a historical diary where things go wildly different from what happened in real life.

Like the NWO getting nipped in the bud early on, as you noted - or the genesis of Stone Cold Steve Austin happening in WCW instead of the WWF, as shown here?  Absolutely.  😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Old School Fan said:

Like the NWO getting nipped in the bud early on, as you noted - or the genesis of Stone Cold Steve Austin happening in WCW instead of the WWF, as shown here?  Absolutely.  😎

Exactly. There was a very popular WCW diary a while back where Shane Douglas got a good push - that was great to see - albeit due to surprisingly good match ratings, rather than by design.

I wanna see some really wild stuff happening.

If I ever do a historical diary I'm putting the main strap on Scotty 2 Hotty, having 2 Cool as the main power stable in WWE, with the Hardy Boyz as lackeys.

I'm having everyone under the age of 35 declaring war on everyone over that age in WCW. Rey Mysterio beats The Giant. And the hot new tag team of Raven and Cactus Jack will be the longest running Tag Champs of all time. 

I'm having Todd Gordon come back to ECW in 2001 to try to "save this company, or put ECW out of it's misery after it's slow death under that fat slob Paul Heyman". He wants to take ECW back to it's roots, instead of the Circus Of Backflips it'd become by then. This would somehow involve The Triple Threat coming back, with Douglas, Candido, Bigelow and Francine.  Meanwhile all hell breaks loose when Mick Foley returns, re-establishes Mikey Whipwreck as his protege... and then the Whippersnapper accidentally beats Rhino to become ECW Champion. The Sandman finds Jesus, gives up booze, starts wearing chinos and vest tops and socks with sandals, and goes around lecturing people on the perils of 'extreme living'. The Heavyweight scene would be based around a 'Japanese Invasion' of Masato Tanaka, Taijiri, 'Tokyo' Tracy Smothers and Jinsei Shinzaki... because I say so and this is ECW so it doesn't have to make sense.

Come on people! You can do ANYTHING you want on TEW. Let's see what mad, entertaining stuff people can pull off!

Edited by dstephe4