WWF: From The First Raw

Giving doing a diary another try after having to get a new computer and losing all data I had for previous diaries.

In 1993, WWF would introduce a new show to Monday Nights. This show would go on to be the longest running episodic television show in history. It would garner over one thousand episodes, run for nearly thirty years and to this day be the premiere show for the WWF/WWE. That show was of course, Monday Night Raw.

But going back and actually watching Raw from the beginning, as it was presented is no easy feat. One has to wonder how exactly this show managed to last as long as it did. WWF is in the early stages of its New Generation. The Dark Ages as many fans would know it as are only a couple years away, but the signs of the WWF getting stale are already starting to show. Wrestlers are showing up with professions. Gimmicks in general are still being created using the eighties strategy that Vince expanded his company with, but it's a new decade. And with it a new audience needs to be catered to. Thankfully WCW is not looking any better. It isn't going to become the competitor we know it to be for a couple years. Which means this alternative timeline provides us a chance to make this period in WWF far more exciting than it actually was. Wrestlemania 9, what many consider to be the worst Wrestlemania of all time is only a couple months in our sights and between now and then, Raw needs to be the show that gives people a reason to buy our PPV's and tune in to our show and to continue to show the world why it is we are the best...

Champions

WWF Champion

WWFWorld2.jpg.684002b1f4767def0acc4827ab9c5b14.jpg

BretHart10.jpg.25e9666c612f5d58e135180a5402e914.jpg

Bret Hart

WWF Intercontinental Champion

WWFIC.jpg.629154eab3155a510aff012b6260380a.jpg

ShawnMichaels933.jpg.6b5eeb8d4ace3e243fcb3f35346c8cb8.jpg

Shawn Michaels

WWF World Tag Team Champions

WWFTag2.jpg.457cbdb60a9ceffa65484e6fdfb94068.jpg

TedDiBiase12.jpg.64f62fdac22aee867c5589b054f982b0.jpgIRS.jpg.c7ad937f7bb953eee96c0ed2620e531f.jpg

Money Incorporated

Starting Storylines:

I'm basically using the first Raw as a way for me to start from scratch and do the stories I wan. There still may be incorporation of real stories at the time going forward but with slight tweaks for the alternate timeline, but overall the goal of this diary is quite simple. I want to book from the first Raw and just mainly have fun doing it and seeing what comes from it,

• Like 4

If I may make some suggestions, what if instead of signing Ron Bartlett in this time Vince hires Paul heyman to be his co-commentator and later raw's head booker?

And on the matter of substitutions, let's exchange giant Gonzales for deathmatch legend abdullah the butcher to feud with the Undertaker. Abdullah's a veteran and much better worker then Gonzales and you can make their wrestlemania match no holds barred so things can get really violent and when taker beats him it will mean more cause of how famous he his. Plus we won't have to see that horrible attack on titan cosplay.

And instead of bastion booger or friar Ferguson just call him the Klondike colossus Mike Shaw, a hired gun for jerry Lawler in his feud with Bret hart with a history of feuding with his family back in Calgary stampede wrestling.

speaking of Lawler let's keep him away from the Announce table for now and have take flair's place on the card now that he's heading back to wcw, what with them both being long running territory wrestlers and all. You can give him his own version of the four horsemen to help his feud with Bret, with the king's court being the name of his stable instead of his talk show. It would have like i said Mike Shaw but also Jeff Jarrett, the clowns doink and dink, (who would be played by steve skinner keirn instead of a midget and be a tag partner for Matt Osborne and hopefully help keep him on a leash) Shawn michaels, diesel and Owen Hart after his heel turn with Jerry playing devil on his shoulder. As I said they would feud with not only Bret and his family but also tatanka who would take the ic belt off michaels at wrestlemania 9 instead of winning by dq and Macho Man randy Savage who Lawler had prior history with.

I have other ideas but what do you think so far?

On 8/9/2023 at 4:04 AM, sonny912 said:

If I may make some suggestions, what if instead of signing Ron Bartlett in this time Vince hires Paul heyman to be his co-commentator and later raw's head booker?

And on the matter of substitutions, let's exchange giant Gonzales for deathmatch legend abdullah the butcher to feud with the Undertaker. Abdullah's a veteran and much better worker then Gonzales and you can make their wrestlemania match no holds barred so things can get really violent and when taker beats him it will mean more cause of how famous he his. Plus we won't have to see that horrible attack on titan cosplay.

And instead of bastion booger or friar Ferguson just call him the Klondike colossus Mike Shaw, a hired gun for jerry Lawler in his feud with Bret hart with a history of feuding with his family back in Calgary stampede wrestling.

speaking of Lawler let's keep him away from the Announce table for now and have take flair's place on the card now that he's heading back to wcw, what with them both being long running territory wrestlers and all. You can give him his own version of the four horsemen to help his feud with Bret, with the king's court being the name of his stable instead of his talk show. It would have like i said Mike Shaw but also Jeff Jarrett, the clowns doink and dink, (who would be played by steve skinner keirn instead of a midget and be a tag partner for Matt Osborne and hopefully help keep him on a leash) Shawn michaels, diesel and Owen Hart after his heel turn with Jerry playing devil on his shoulder. As I said they would feud with not only Bret and his family but also tatanka who would take the ic belt off michaels at wrestlemania 9 instead of winning by dq and Macho Man randy Savage who Lawler had prior history with.

I have other ideas but what do you think so far?

I like these ideas. I can't promise they'll be implemented exactly as you want because I've already got my starting storylines set up but it gives me some cool things to work with going forward. I was just going to ignore Bartlett to be honest and have the third commentary man be Bobby Heenan but I might find a way to work Paul Heyman in either as commentary or a manager