Ability to ask workers to retire from MMA, acting, music, etc

• 3 months later...

I feel like it could be interesting, but TEW would need a more advanced system for it to be realistic.

For example, a movie star who has regularly been gone for over a year shouldn't realistically accept a owner/booker telling them to quit such a lucrative career. Similarly, an MMA fighter who is undefeated probably shouldn't either.

By comparison, a movie star who only gets cameos or an MMA jobber should be much easily to convince without us having to use a Narrative to explain why they quit.

• Like 1

Sometimes I find its a nuisance.  Also if I've got my Wrestlemania or equivalent coming up and my year long feud one of the guys decides to disappear and film a film its annoying.  And I feel like in real life there would be conversations around making that work. 

However I think we need these little bumps in the road to make the game interesting.  Otherwise it basically just becomes you booking whatever with no curveballs thrown at you.  At the same time have someone on your roster, or sign someone who has interests outside of wrestling you always run that risk.

I'd personally like this to also be expanded to wrestlers as well. Because sometimes we *the players* know when its time for a wrestler to retire from wrestling. Hell it could help create a nice moment that we can create for "Next Big Thing" wrestlers or "Hot Prospects" wrestlers. Even if the expectation is 3 months, or even better, we can set the time for time for their retirement within a year.

11 hours ago, FellaLibby said:

I'd personally like this to also be expanded to wrestlers as well. Because sometimes we *the players* know when its time for a wrestler to retire from wrestling. Hell it could help create a nice moment that we can create for "Next Big Thing" wrestlers or "Hot Prospects" wrestlers. Even if the expectation is 3 months, or even better, we can set the time for time for their retirement within a year.

You can already ask workers to consider retirement with the talk to worker feature I thought.

20 hours ago, FellaLibby said:

Yes, but I mean more like, setting a date for retirement.

But wouldn’t this mean as players we start to micromanage everything? We get them to retire and decide when. Or could perhaps be a feature where some retires from that promotion bit like Ric Flair who then goes on to still wrestle elsewhere. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Mac said:

But wouldn’t this mean as players we start to micromanage everything? We get them to retire and decide when. Or could perhaps be a feature where some retires from that promotion bit like Ric Flair who then goes on to still wrestle elsewhere. 

I actually didn't think of this, and tbh I think it would be a good idea that the retirement can just be on the player owned promotion, which could also lead to that worker leaving so they can continue wrestling elsewhere. Because as far as I've seen, wrestlers who retire stay retired unless the player asks and passes.

On 12/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, FellaLibby said:

I actually didn't think of this, and tbh I think it would be a good idea that the retirement can just be on the player owned promotion, which could also lead to that worker leaving so they can continue wrestling elsewhere. Because as far as I've seen, wrestlers who retire stay retired unless the player asks and passes.

Also asking someone to retire from your promotion could either positively effect their relationship with you and company depending their feelings on it.