Expanded Broadcaster Time Slot Mechanics

I really enjoy playing around with time slots and the like. It was a fantastic edition to 2020.

For a future TEW I would recommend the following potential expansions to the mechanics and options of TV broadcasting:

• Add a Morning timeslot (the soap opera timeslot traditionally)
    • On weekdays a morning time slot can be as bad as graveyard
    • On weekends the Saturday morning time-slot for a family friendly or children oriented show can be as good as primetime.
  • Early evening and afternoon time slots on weekdays for an adult oriented wrestling show should be as bad as graveyard to simulate their viewers still being at work during their time slot.
  • Broadcasters take into account your roster's star power.
    • If an indie promotion somehow is able to get Rocky Golden or a returning Jack Bruce that should help them in getting a TV deal. I like to think of it like a big part of AEW getting their TV deal was having Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes on the initial roster. Or consider a world today where MLW were somehow able to get John Cena and The Rock on their roster. That  star power would likely be enough to land them a TV deal even at their current popularity level.
  • I would expand so that shows are 'Other TV Shows' can be auto-generated when you start a new game, so that all time slots can be filled with competition. I did this in my game and it makes a big difference, but it takes a lot of work and the shows aren't connected to networks.
  • To that point, connect Other TV shows to networks.
    • I want to know what is airing on C.A.N.N. in the non SWF timeslots!
    • When I'm negotiating a show contract I would like the deal to be contingent on my show performing better or equal to what is currently in that slot on that network.
    • So if in the C-Verse I sign a deal with ACE for a primetime Monday wrestling show, and the Other TV Show that was already in that slot is getting 3.5million viewers weekly, I should be held to that viewership standard as well.

That's a lot but I think it could really be a bigger gameplay mechanic in the future with some expanding of the parameters!

Thanks.

• Like 4