(HYPE) 2007 Real World Mod

Well it's official, I'm doing a 2007 Real World mod with as many promotions as possible. All of this mod will be from scratch. I'll be switching back and forth between the Database and the pic folder for the 2007 Real world mod though not sure what the backgrounds should be. Also worth mentioning, I am a amateur when it comes to making a database so it might not be exactly accurate to real life

• Like 3

It can be a daunting task making a modification from scratch, so feel free to use my 2006 modification (Click Here) as a base if you'd prefer. It should make life a lot easier. 

For finding rosters, I find Wrestling Data the easiest to navigate, personally. If you search for a certain promotion, you can click "Roster" and then filter it to your required timeframes. So for example, you can see here the roster for World Wrestling Entertainment in January, 2007. You'll still need to go through it properly to remove jobbers who were just making a one off appearance and you'll have to do further research for injured workers and such like, but I find it the best way to give you a general overlook of the roster at the time.

Best of luck with this. It's a difficult task but it can be really rewarding. 👍

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KillVisionPlays said:

Quick question: Does anyone mind that I don't do fill the Other TV shows section as it's not really worth making any for it.

I would just import the important things from the default database (NFL, MLB, etc)

On 3/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, Mammoth said:

It can be a daunting task making a modification from scratch, so feel free to use my 2006 modification (Click Here) as a base if you'd prefer. It should make life a lot easier. 

For finding rosters, I find Wrestling Data the easiest to navigate, personally. If you search for a certain promotion, you can click "Roster" and then filter it to your required timeframes. So for example, you can see here the roster for World Wrestling Entertainment in January, 2007. You'll still need to go through it properly to remove jobbers who were just making a one off appearance and you'll have to do further research for injured workers and such like, but I find it the best way to give you a general overlook of the roster at the time.

Best of luck with this. It's a difficult task but it can be really rewarding. 👍

Have always wondered where MOD makers find Contract information from? More lengths rather than amounts, any tips for this? Many Thanks

Just now, s7eve_s said:

Have always wondered where MOD makers find Contract information from? More lengths rather than amounts, any tips for this? Many Thanks

I typically look to see when their first match is with a company and then their last and do an estimate essentially. If I can't find any info, I just leave it as random. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaysin said:

I typically look to see when their first match is with a company and then their last and do an estimate essentially. If I can't find any info, I just leave it as random. 

This. Cagematch helps. You can also search out reports for when the wrestler’s deal was up. Mark Henry for instance had a ridiculously long initial WWE contract of like 10 years

• Like 1

13 hours ago, s7eve_s said:

I can only echo what Jaysin and Idol said, but also don't be afraid of using TEW's random. Most people aren't remotely bothered by this particular statistic because they rarely know themselves how long a wrestler was contracted for. So allowing the game itself to just randomise an end date makes your life a lot easier and it also means every game will be different.

When I'm setting contract end dates I take into account any breaks in activity in real life, and sometimes the end of storylines involving that worker. So, if a worker isn't on TV for say, 3 months, I set the contract to expire during that 3 months, as it seems like a realistic break point

Should I set all contracts to randomized or just set them to start and end dates. I would prefer randomized so you could get lucky as TNA and can poach talent from WWE but not sure as I don't think it would be realistic. Currently I'm setting them as random just to get the workers on the shows/brands for WWE but might change it as time goes on.

33 minutes ago, KillVisionPlays said:

Question: When I'm making a wrestler in TEW 2020, what does Scouting mean exactly? Like what does it do as apart of making the character?

It's for the fog of war feature. 

31 minutes ago, KillVisionPlays said:

Can you explain what the Fog Of War feature is Jaysin? I've never really known what it is

It determines how much a wrestler has been seen. Someone in WWE for ten years would be well known and people would know what skills he has.

A rookie would not have been seen much, so instead of 50 brawling, you might get a range like "20-80" brawling and you'll just have to use him to figure out if he's good or not.

Sorry guys If I don't update on here for a bit. Just trying to get through the database as much as I can but I am only human so I'm trying not to burn myself out too much so occassionally doing the mod but trying to do as much as I can. Might take a while before I bring out a BETA for the mod. Also I might also do a 2005 and 2009 mod as well using this as the thing for it.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, I have been a little obsessed with playing Palworld instead of the making the Mod. Also I will be off for 4 days away from home due to going to a family funeral. Will hopefully be back Wednesday evening ish to continue doing the mod. Lastly I am also working at the same time as making this mod so that's why it will longer than expected to be released but hopefully it should have at least have the BETA of the mod by the end of the year as I'm also creating everything from scratch to use. Alongside that I'll also be adding in all the future workers as well into the mod alongside the different promotions to come like AEW, Lucha Underground among others and also will be having the free worker pics and database in the save as well to put extra people in the mod.