Risky Business 1985 WWF Save (NOW 1987)

Hey everyone, about a week ago I started playing the 1985 mod 'Risky Business' and I think it'll be fun to write up some updates on how the save is going every month. Comment your ideas for the save such as who should eventually beat Hulk Hogan, what i should do with the newly formed alliance and anyone who i should hire/push.

March 1985:

Wrestlemania I was a bit different to the real life one, i had Hulk Hogan in the main event vs Roddy Piper for the WWF Championship, Hogan won after 19 minutes. The match got a rating of 93. Lower down on the card I had Andre defeating Studd, JYD defeating Greg Valentine and Tito Santana for the WWF Intercontinental Championship and a few more un-noteworthy matches. The overall rating of the show was a 92.

June 1985:

Since WM1 I've been building up to a King of the Ring tournament, The Finale was Big John Studd vs Tito Santana where Studd won after 16 minutes and rebranded himself as King John Studd, he was a mega heel and wanted a championship match some time soon, on the show there was also a World title defence as Hogan beat former WWF Intercontinental Champion Greg Valentine in a 90 rated match and Roddy Piper picked up the Intercontinental Title after beating newly crowned IC Champion Junkyard Dog in a 79 rated match.

July 1985:

I formed my own alliance to rival the NWA, I named it The Federation Alliance (FA) and added many companies such as Stampede, WCCW, All Japan Women's and my newly formed child company The Capitol Wrestling Corporation (CWC). The first champions crowned in the alliance were FA Heavyweight Champion Terry Sawyer from Stampede who quickly dropped the title to Cowboy Bob Orton, The first Tag Team Champions were Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas

August 1985:

The next big show was Saturday Night Main Event which got a show rating of 99 which is my highest so far, the main event of the show was Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff  where Hogan won and got a match rating of 96. It wasn't the best rated match on the card though as Roddy Piper defended his Intercontinental Championship against Bret Hart in a 97 rated match.

December 1985:

Nothing much happened since the last update other than Cowboy Bob dropping the FA Heavyweight Title to Bret Hart in September. In December I ran a show called WWF Rage in the Cage where Hogan beat Orton in a cage match that got a rating of 89, Roddy beat Jimmy Snuka to retain his IC Title in a 93 rated match and Vicki Williams won the brand new FA Women's Championship, now there is 2 Women's Champions in the WWF as Wendi Richter is still the WWF Women's Champion after winning it before the game started in July of 1984.

✶ 1985 End of Year Awards ✶

Wrestler of the year: Ric Flair

Tag Team of the year: Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Yoshiaki Yatsu

Company of the year: NJPW

Match of the year: Ric Flair vs Magnum TA (100)

Show of the year: WWF Saturday Night Main Event (99)

March 1986:

Wrestlemania II is finally here, Hulk Hogan main evented again this time vs King John Studd, Hogan wins in 16 minutes and the match for a rating of 88. Roddy Piper defended his Intercontinental Championship against Sgt. Slaughter, the match got an incredible rating of 99. The overall rating of the show was a nice 95. I also debuted some new titles in the alliance companies, WCCW got the WWF Texas Heavyweight Championship, Stampede got the WWF Canadian Heavyweight Championship, UWA got the WWF Mexican Heavyweight Championship and UWF Japan got the WWF Japanese Heavyweight Championship. 

June 1986:

The second annual King of the Ring tournament was won by Randy Savage as he beat Cowboy Bob Orton in the final, the main event of the show was Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bundy, Hogan wins and the match gets a rating of 93, Andre The Giant has been hinting at a heel turn for months now and finally snaps as he attacks JYD backstage on the preshow, they go on to have an amazing match later in the show where Andre beats him and gets a match rating of 93. The Federation Alliance announces the winner of Mitsuharu Misawa vs Steve Lombardi wins the brand new FA Jr. Heavyweight Championship, Misawa wins the match and is crowned as the champion.

July 1986:

Since Andre's heel turn he has been unstoppable and has been beating everyone put in front of him with ease, he decides to go after all of the WWF International Champions in each company, Andre cuts a promo on WWF All Star Wrestling saying if he can beat Kerry Von Erich (WWF Texas Heavyweight Champion) then he should be known as THE WWF International Champion, Kerry arrives and says he will put his belt on the line against Andre, he is interrupted by Bret Hart (WWF Canadian Heavyweight Champion) who challenges the men to a triple threat match, Vince McMahon Jr announces at the end of the show there will be a triple threat match for the WWF International Triple Crown.

Saturday Night Main Event was also this month headlined by Hulk Hogan and Adrian Adonis, Hogan beats him in a epic match that got a rating of 99, elsewhere on the card The Legion of Doom win the WWF Tag Team Championships. Wendi Richter put her WWF Women's Championship on the line in a title vs title match against FA Women's champion Leilani Kai, Wendi won and took home both belts.

August 1986:

Andre the Giant vs Bret Hart vs Kerry Von Erich takes place at the special 1 time show 'WWF Triple Crowning' where Andre beats them both in 18 minutes and is crowned as the first ever WWF International Triple Crown Champion, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts also debuted on this show as he defeated Shawn Michaels.

I started a brand new weekly TV Show too named WWF Prime Time.

October 1986:

October ended with WWF The Big Event which got a show rating of 100 which so far is the show of the year so hopefully no one beats it, it was main evented by Hulk Hogan vs Cowboy Bob Orton as he was dying for his rematch after losing to Hogan in December of 1985, Hogan wins for the second time in a 99 rated match, Roddy Piper successfully defends his IC Title against rising star Barry Windham in a 97 rated match and Mitsuharu Misawa debuts his Tiger Mask II gimmick as he defends his FA Jr. Heavyweight Title against Austin Idol.

December 1986:

In December I signed The British Bulldogs after their contract with NJPW expired, in exchange they signed Tiger Mark II to an exclusive contract, I held WWF Rage in the Cage which got my 2nd 100 rating, the main event was a rematch between Hulk Hogan and Paul Orndorff which got a rating of 99, we got another 99 rated match on the same show as Roddy Piper defeated Randy Savage retaining his IC Title.

✶ 1986 End of Year Awards ✶

Wrestler of the year: Dusty Rhodes

Tag Team of the year: Billy Graham & Tommy Rich

Company of the year: WWF

Match of the year: Tatsumi Fujinami vs Stan Hansen (100)

Show of the year: WWF Rage in the Cage 1986 (100)

January 1987:

I've decided to book the royal rumble a year before it started in real life, Andre the Giant wins the rumble with Bret Hart being the iron man and a debuting Kamala being in the final 4 with Cowboy Bob. Also in a 99 rated match a miracle happens as Randy Savage beats Roddy Piper for the Intercontinental Championship just months before Wrestlemania III, Roddy was a record breaker holding the IC belt for 1 year and 7 month and defending his title 27 times! The show got yet another 100 rating.

Edited by RobStevens
  • Like 3

Interesting work so far

9 hours ago, RobStevens said:

Hey everyone, about a week ago I started playing the 1985 mod 'Risky Business' and I think it'll be fun to write up some updates on how the save is going every month. Comment your ideas for the save such as who should eventually beat Hulk Hogan, what i should do with the newly formed alliance and anyone who i should hire/push.

March 1985:

Wrestlemania I was a bit different to the real life one, i had Hulk Hogan in the main event vs Roddy Piper for the WWF Championship, Hogan won after 19 minutes. The match got a rating of 93. Lower down on the card I had Andre defeating Studd, JYD defeating Greg Valentine and Tito Santana for the WWF Intercontinental Championship and a few more un-noteworthy matches. The overall rating of the show was a 92.

June 1985:

Since WM1 I've been building up to a King of the Ring tournament, The Finale was Big John Studd vs Tito Santana where Studd won after 16 minutes and rebranded himself as King John Studd, he was a mega heel and wanted a championship match some time soon, on the show there was also a World title defence as Hogan beat former WWF Intercontinental Champion Greg Valentine in a 90 rated match and Roddy Piper picked up the Intercontinental Title after beating newly crowned IC Champion Junkyard Dog in a 79 rated match.

July 1985:

I formed my own alliance to rival the NWA, I named it The Federation Alliance (FA) and added many companies such as Stampede, WCCW, All Japan Women's and my newly formed child company The Capitol Wrestling Corporation (CWC). The first champions crowned in the alliance were FA Heavyweight Champion Terry Sawyer from Stampede who quickly dropped the title to Cowboy Bob Orton, The first Tag Team Champions were Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas

August 1985:

The next big show was Saturday Night Main Event which got a show rating of 99 which is my highest so far, the main event of the show was Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff  where Hogan won and got a match rating of 96. It wasn't the best rated match on the card though as Roddy Piper defended his Intercontinental Championship against Bret Hart in a 97 rated match.

December 1985:

Nothing much happened since the last update other than Cowboy Bob dropping the FA Heavyweight Title to Bret Hart in September. In December I ran a show called WWF Rage in the Cage where Hogan beat Orton in a cage match that got a rating of 89, Roddy beat Jimmy Snuka to retain his IC Title in a 93 rated match and Vicki Williams won the brand new FA Women's Championship, now there is 2 Women's Champions in the WWF as Wendi Richter is still the WWF Women's Champion after winning it before the game started in July of 1984.

✶ 1985 End of Year Awards ✶

Wrestler of the year: Ric Flair

Tag Team of the year: Yoshiaki Fujiwara & Yoshiaki Yatsu

Company of the year: NJPW

Match of the year: Ric Flair vs Magnum TA (100)

Show of the year: WWF Saturday Night Main Event (99)

Interesting work so far, jyd having the ic title means he's the first black singles champion in wwf before Ahmed Johnson so good for him.

Having an alliance that works against the nwa is a good idea, stampede's a good choice cause you'll have access to any Hart family dungeon graduates.

wccw is interesting sense they hadn't withdrawn from the nwa until 1986 when gino hernandez died of an overdose and Crockett decided that Flair wouldn't defend the gold in Texas anymore.

all Japan Women's is pretty good sense you'll have girls who actually how to wrestling on retainer sense most women's wrestling consisted of hair pulling mostly, but having a another puroresu promotion devoted to males would be good too. All and new japan don't leave the nwa till next in game year so for now uwf japan should suffice.

Having a Mexican lucha libre promotion in the alliance would be good too with uwa being the obvious choice.

I'm guessing the cwc is the developmental territory of the alliance?

As for who should beat Hogan, I say hold off until 88 so you can still have the wrestlemania matches against bundy and Andre but instead of a rematch with Andre at the big event, have Hogan drop the gold to Ted dibiase who wins thru cheating obviously. And for people to sign right now I'd look for road warriors and the midnight express.

2 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Interesting work so far

Interesting work so far, jyd having the ic title means he's the first black singles champion in wwf before Ahmed Johnson so good for him.

Having an alliance that works against the nwa is a good idea, stampede's a good choice cause you'll have access to any Hart family dungeon graduates.

wccw is interesting sense they hadn't withdrawn from the nwa until 1986 when gino hernandez died of an overdose and Crockett decided that Flair wouldn't defend the gold in Texas anymore.

all Japan Women's is pretty good sense you'll have girls who actually how to wrestling on retainer sense most women's wrestling consisted of hair pulling mostly, but having a another puroresu promotion devoted to males would be good too. All and new japan don't leave the nwa till next in game year so for now uwf japan should suffice.

Having a Mexican lucha libre promotion in the alliance would be good too with uwa being the obvious choice.

I'm guessing the cwc is the developmental territory of the alliance?

As for who should beat Hogan, I say hold off until 88 so you can still have the wrestlemania matches against bundy and Andre but instead of a rematch with Andre at the big event, have Hogan drop the gold to Ted dibiase who wins thru cheating obviously. And for people to sign right now I'd look for road warriors and the midnight express.

I’m currently in November 1986 now so I’ll keep the updates coming they just took a bit too long but yeah UWF Japan and UWA are already in the alliance and I kept bubdy away from hogan for a while, mania 2 I had Hogan vs King John Studd just to give meaning to the king of the ring, I’m doing a new rule where the winner can fight for any title they want at the next wrestlemania so maybe I’ll move to show to later on in the year. Thanks for the suggestions though! 

3 hours ago, RobStevens said:

I’m currently in November 1986 now so I’ll keep the updates coming they just took a bit too long but yeah UWF Japan and UWA are already in the alliance and I kept bubdy away from hogan for a while, mania 2 I had Hogan vs King John Studd just to give meaning to the king of the ring, I’m doing a new rule where the winner can fight for any title they want at the next wrestlemania so maybe I’ll move to show to later on in the year. Thanks for the suggestions though! 

What happens when the royal rumble launches? Will the kotr title shot go to summerslam instead?

1 hour ago, sonny912 said:

What happens when the royal rumble launches? Will the kotr title shot go to summerslam instead?

Yeah that’s a good idea I was going to say winner gets a shot at the IC belt but I like the summerslam idea better, thanks!

• RobStevens changed the title to Risky Business 1985 WWF Save (NOW 1987)
6 hours ago, RobStevens said:

Yeah that’s a good idea I was going to say winner gets a shot at the IC belt but I like the summerslam idea better, thanks!

Your welcome. Saw your updates, interesting stuff.

Surprised Andre turned heel early, figured he'd still take time off for that princess bride movie he did. Great that he's got some gold around his waist but shouldn't he be time decline right now with the back brace and bad legs?

Misawa vs Brooklyn brawler is a no brainer but I thought Akira maeda would be the first Japanese champion sense he was the Ace of uwf japan. Seeing him fight misawa, Hogan or Andre would sell out stadiums all over Japan.

Seeing Kerry Von Erich early is nice but I wonder how you got fritz to agree to let go of his boys, does this mean Kevin's holding down the fort back home or will he show up soon? Bret also has me wondering if he's got singles gold right now what's Jim neidhart and the Hart Foundation doing?

Road warriors as tag champions is awesome and wendi richter is still here so she wasn't screwjobbed, you have a plan on who to take it off here yet or can I pitch either bull nakano or the monster Ripper Rhonda sing to do it cause of them would be great heel champs.

Edited by sonny912

10 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Your welcome. Saw your updates, interesting stuff.

Surprised Andre turned heel early, figured he'd still take time off for that princess bride movie he did. Great that he's got some gold around his waist but shouldn't he be time decline right now with the back brace and bad legs?

Misawa vs Brooklyn brawler is a no brainer but I thought Akira maeda would be the first Japanese champion sense he was the Ace of uwf japan. Seeing him fight misawa, Hogan or Andre would sell out stadiums all over Japan.

Seeing Kerry Von Erich early is nice but I wonder how you got fritz to agree to let go of his boys, does this mean Kevin's holding down the fort back home or will he show up soon? Bret also has me wondering if he's got singles gold right now what's Jim neidhart and the Hart Foundation doing?

Road warriors as tag champions is awesome and wendi richter is still here so she wasn't screwjobbed, you have a plan on who to take it off here yet or can I pitch either bull nakano or the monster Ripper Rhonda sing to do it cause of them would be great heel champs.

Yeah I turned Andre heel early because I wanted a new heel stable, he’s the leader of the monster factory with King Kong Bundy (injured for 8 months now) and Big John Studd, basically a new Heenan Family and surprisingly Andre’s stats aren’t declining too fast I think they will later on in 1987 though.

Kerry was only a loan deal and actually Kevin is the current FA Heavyweight Champion still main eventing most shows in WCCW, I’ve had to buy out the company as they went into too much debt but I’m not doing anything with it, Fritz is still in charge I only did it so I can see how he books WCCW in the 90s without them going bankrupt.

Yeah I love Wendi Richter she’s my favourite women’s wrestler from this time and I was thinking Bull Nakano to beat her or Leilani Kai as she’s putting in some great performances then Kai can eventually lose it to another baby face who can hold the women’s title for a decent amount of time.

Ive finished work for the week now so once I get onto TEW I’ll be updating this post a lot now as I can play it much more for the next couple days.

2 minutes ago, RobStevens said:

Yeah I turned Andre heel early because I wanted a new heel stable, he’s the leader of the monster factory with King Kong Bundy (injured for 8 months now) and Big John Studd, basically a new Heenan Family and surprisingly Andre’s stats aren’t declining too fast I think they will later on in 1987 though.

Kerry was only a loan deal and actually Kevin is the current FA Heavyweight Champion still main eventing most shows in WCCW, I’ve had to buy out the company as they went into too much debt but I’m not doing anything with it, Fritz is still in charge I only did it so I can see how he books WCCW in the 90s without them going bankrupt.

Yeah I love Wendi Richter she’s my favourite women’s wrestler from this time and I was thinking Bull Nakano to beat her or Leilani Kai as she’s putting in some great performances then Kai can eventually lose it to another baby face who can hold the women’s title for a decent amount of time.

Ive finished work for the week now so once I get onto TEW I’ll be updating this post a lot now as I can play it much more for the next couple days.

What happened to the old heenan family, was it disbanded for some reason?

Want to put together a list on who you should sign?

1 hour ago, sonny912 said:

What happened to the old heenan family, was it disbanded for some reason?

Want to put together a list on who you should sign?

I decided to have Heenan only manage Roddy as they have good chemistry and I disbanded them and yeah you can make a list, when I get home soon I’ll screenshot my roster and the popularity of my main eventers. 

image.thumb.png.73c0c3e3758f7a258b3748bd9273d73b.png

+ Sika, Steve Lombardi, The Iron Sheik, Tito Santana, Tony Atlas and Tony Garea

My current champions of Jan 1987 are...

WWF World Heavyweight: Hulk Hogan (994 days)

WWF Intercontinental: Roddy Piper (505 days)

WWF International Triple Crown: Andre The Giant (128 days)

WWF World Tag Team: The British Bulldogs (1 day)

WWF Women's: Wendi Richter (840 days)

11 hours ago, RobStevens said:

image.thumb.png.73c0c3e3758f7a258b3748bd9273d73b.png

+ Sika, Steve Lombardi, The Iron Sheik, Tito Santana, Tony Atlas and Tony Garea

My current champions of Jan 1987 are...

WWF World Heavyweight: Hulk Hogan (994 days)

WWF Intercontinental: Roddy Piper (505 days)

WWF International Triple Crown: Andre The Giant (128 days)

WWF World Tag Team: The British Bulldogs (1 day)

WWF Women's: Wendi Richter (840 days)

First, has Adrian Adonis gone adorable yet? 2nd, is Luke Williams the bushwacker or sheepherder if you prefer? If so how come his partner butch isn't on the roster?

Now my list of people I think you should sign, both wrestlers and backstage.

Scott Hall/razor Ramon

Marty Jannetty to form the Rockers

Bull power Leon white/big van Vader 

The nasty boys

Madusa miceli 

Curt hennig

Larry zbyszko

Jerry Jarrett 

Jerry Lawler 

Badd Company, paul diamond and pat Tanaka later the orient express

Nikita koloff

Del Wilkes the patriot

Masa Saito

The Destruction Crew/Beverly Brothers

Eric bischoff

Bruce Hart 

Owen hart

Brian pillman

Chris Benoit

Shinya hashimoto

Gary Albright 

Mike Shaw who does NOT go by any crappy gimmick and is instead a monster heel called the Klondike colossus

Monster Ripper Rhonda sing who does NOT become a comedic character

Shane Douglas

Rick Steiner and later his brother Scott 

Eddie gilbert

Dr death steve Williams

Sting who should replace ultimate warrior in this game cause he's much better in ring performer then him

Rick rude

Percy Pringle/Paul bearer 

And Black Bart