[HYPE] iDOMINATION 1990

Currently still in fairly big WIP so reserving this slot for once its finished. 

Also if anyone is interested in joining me on the development of this incredible mod you are more then welcome ! 

Current status of the DB :

Promotions

USA

American Wrestling Association - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done / Roster -

Championship Wrestling from Florida Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done / Roster -  

Eastern Championship Wrestling  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done / Roster - (yet to open so no roster)

Georgia Championship Wrestling / Championship Wrestling from Georgia - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  Roster -

Honolulu Championship Wrestling - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /Roster -

Memphis Championship Wrestling - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /Roster -

Ric Flair Promotions - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  Roster -  

Smoky Mountain Wrestling - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /Roster -   (yet to open so no roster)

Titan Wrestling Entertainment - Promotion  /  Titles -  / Events - 0% done /Roster -  (yet to open so no roster)

World Class Championship Wrestling - - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /Roster -

Canada

Calgary Stampede - - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done / Roster -  

Mexico

Imperio de Lucha Azteca - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  Roster -

Europe 

NWA Europe -  Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  (yet to open so no roster)
NWA Balkan States - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  (yet to open so no roster)
NWA Western State  - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  (yet to open so no roster)

Japan

Japan Pro Wrestling Alliance  - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  Roster -

Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done / Roster -  

England

World of Sport Wrestling  - Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done / Roster -
 All Star Wrestling -  Promotion  /  Titles - / Events - 0% done /  Roster - 

Some Graphics that I already completed : 

image.jpeg.def972c9b0f8637b28044b525708b105.jpegimage.jpeg.6424ab36cdfb38dcdada62799fc3d40c.jpegimage.jpeg.097e86842563c8335326b59bb1e0b2ea.jpegimage.jpeg.fa56c47f4edc3a8aaa9979bc09012d7f.jpegimage.jpeg.18dfc340aad90dc6bd7155cb15cbb4d6.jpegimage.jpeg.acbeba373e14cfd0a1aa9d558a817294.jpegimage.jpeg.abdd7b79551b093b4b47d200dd2720d0.jpegNWAhcw.jpg.6982ccf7b0b3d015ae92e1f0ca3d1158.jpgNWACS.jpg.441fcb0e2ecf0d0e8da29dc99d5a6d18.jpgimage.jpeg.7f79a7bb958883c8942ddaf8b15b6af8.jpegimage.jpeg.2caed015fa57f82833b65d0eb55bb7fd.jpegimage.jpeg.1f8947ff4b9d32ffde6f6ea1295aa3ac.jpeg

NWA Big Gold  :
image.jpeg.5338aa4174490588e7f1e6286c569dd9.jpeg

NWA Women's World 
image.jpeg.b94a88d266de397eceeb9136b0ba5dc7.jpeg

Changes planned to the original iDOM 1990  : 

Japan will be revamped to have more of its own story with Inoki and Baba taking over JWA instead of leaving it and forming NJPW and AJPW. Only big split that happened is with Atsushi Onita who split from JWA and went to form FMW causing a war between them and JWA and JWA banning them from NWA.

Any suggestions and ideas are welcome ! 

Also I would like to ask for your guys opinion if I should include the 100+ NWA territories from iDom 2010 or keep it simple and just include a few future promotions.

CREDITS :

Fleisch and his team  - Usage of the 1992 Database as a base to build upon
TheWho - His work on iDOM wiki
iDOL - For his work on iDOM and providing me some assistance with few bits of information
Adam Ryland - For original iDOM (if I am not wrong)

Edited by Kalmus
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

European Territories so far :

NWA Europe (Central Europe the main European branch of NWA) 

image.jpeg.bd7ce92725a6be0f6c7b80d29861cc31.jpeg

NWA Balkan States (Eastern Europe centered in Zagreb) 

image.jpeg.f7a22d3d9233f5e8e97dbd07d330f946.jpeg

NWA Western States (Western Europe centered in Paris) 

image.jpeg.7dd8706d2d2e826c77df67deaff5dae7.jpeg

England :

World of Spot Wrestling

image.jpeg.51ff23e29b2ead0d0c2a2b7874c0beb9.jpeg

Edited by Kalmus
  • Like 1

Feel free to take anything from my iDOMINATION updates/conversions.

I would say I don't think the NWA would have pushed much into the Europe much by 1990, I can agree they would have through the 90's, also specifically for the UK, I'd suggest having All Star/Brian Dixon being the main in for the NWA in the UK, he had connections with Stampede and Japan, as well as signing up the bag names, the old Joint Promotions is dying away while All Star/Brian Dixon is able to grow due to the last of the UK stars (Rocco and Finlay should be their top guys), and their ability to being in foreign names through the NWA, the Junior Heavyweight title should have a strong presence in the UK.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

Feel free to take anything from my iDOMINATION updates/conversions.

I would say I don't think the NWA would have pushed much into the Europe much by 1990, I can agree they would have through the 90's, also specifically for the UK, I'd suggest having All Star/Brian Dixon being the main in for the NWA in the UK, he had connections with Stampede and Japan, as well as signing up the bag names, the old Joint Promotions is dying away while All Star/Brian Dixon is able to grow due to the last of the UK stars (Rocco and Finlay should be their top guys), and their ability to being in foreign names through the NWA, the Junior Heavyweight title should have a strong presence in the UK.

Yep ! European promotions are more set to open up in 2000s separated it in three promotions with NWA Europe being the main one in Europe and Western States and Balkan States being the two smaller ones for Western and Eastern Europe.

For UK I am currently building the "World of Sport Wrestling" (which I had found thanks to your work on iDOM wiki!) as they were around from 1975 according to the wiki. They are almost completed just not added them on the list yet

Edited by Kalmus

4 minutes ago, Kalmus said:

Yep ! European promotions are more set to open up in 2000s separated it in three promotions with NWA Europe being the main one in Europe and Western States and Balkan States being the two smaller ones for Western and Eastern Europe.

For UK I am currently building the "World of Sport Wrestling" (which I had found thanks to your work on iDOM wiki!) as they were around from 1975 according to the wiki. They are almost completed just not added them on the list yet

Most of the non-North America stuff was done by me, since they were regions not covered by the original EWR release, so their canon is open to interpretation, and if I were to do it over I'd go in the direction I mentioned, the Joint Promotions/World of Sport in decline with All Star/Brian Dixon taking hold, although depending on how you want to play it, maybe have the Crabtree's sell up Joint Promotions/World of Sport to Dixon when they lose TV in the late 80's, and Dixon is able to get the Sky cable deal due to his NWA connections, which also allows the NWA access to getting on TV in the UK and starting the first European NWA territory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

Most of the non-North America stuff was done by me, since they were regions not covered by the original EWR release, so their canon is open to interpretation, and if I were to do it over I'd go in the direction I mentioned, the Joint Promotions/World of Sport in decline with All Star/Brian Dixon taking hold, although depending on how you want to play it, maybe have the Crabtree's sell up Joint Promotions/World of Sport to Dixon when they lose TV in the late 80's, and Dixon is able to get the Sky cable deal due to his NWA connections, which also allows the NWA access to getting on TV in the UK and starting the first European NWA territory.

I intended to add a 2nd big promotion in UK so I will for sure look in to All Star!

1 minute ago, Jaysin said:

This should be fun! I love iDom. Any chance you could share the source image of that big gold women's title though? 

It was a random Big Gold I had found months ago for my personal save and I modified it myself trough Photoshop to make the said woman's title.

Il' see if I still have the original file I created without the background but other way you are welcome to use it !

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

This should be fun! I love iDom. Any chance you could share the source image of that big gold women's title though? 

I was able to find both ! The image I used as inspiration for it and the modification I had done to it.

The original picture

image.png.3f8d024e315cb507111b4a5ef763c505.png

My edit
image.png.b06f4d561a655f0481916f772876728e.png

Edited by Kalmus
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kalmus said:

I was able to find both ! The image I used as inspiration for it and the modification I had done to it.

The original picture

My edit

To me the edit would look beter with "World Women's" over "Women's World".

1 hour ago, Kalmus said:

The original picture

My edit

This is amazing! Definitely going to use it in a save I have prepping.

Posted (edited)

Finished the WSW British Heavyweight title lineage and WSW British Openweight Tag Team lineage as well as made this for the British Heavyweight tomorrow finishing up their rosters and hopefully few other rosters.

NWA/WSW British Heavyweight

image.jpeg.a3f2614ff2b6778a244c7ed1e705a5fe.jpeg

Edited by Kalmus

1 hour ago, Kalmus said:

Finished the WSW British Heavyweight title lineage and WSW British Openweight Tag Team lineage as well as made this for the British Heavyweight tomorrow finishing up their rosters and hopefully few other rosters.

NWA/WSW British Heavyweight

image.jpeg.a3f2614ff2b6778a244c7ed1e705a5fe.jpeg

If you're working to the format I was working on, the titles World of Sport uses wern't World of Sport's titles, they were just the British titles, think of them as the UK equivilant of NWA titles, they wern't branded to try and keep the tradition going they could trace back the history, also the weight classes were treated in the same way as boxing or MMA, which is why the tag titles are "openweight" as they don't have a weight class.

9 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

If you're working to the format I was working on, the titles World of Sport uses wern't World of Sport's titles, they were just the British titles, think of them as the UK equivilant of NWA titles, they wern't branded to try and keep the tradition going they could trace back the history, also the weight classes were treated in the same way as boxing or MMA, which is why the tag titles are "openweight" as they don't have a weight class.

Something similar to that effect. 

While I will keep the weight classes as I really like that. I have decided to keep the two titles marked as "WSW British Heavyweight" and "True British Heavyweight" for the fact that cant really have two titles called British Heavyweight.  However to compensate for that I decided to create a story between the two. As ASW is much bigger company currently then WSW their title will be called the "True British Heavyweight" as the both titles have almost identical reigns just splitting at some point in their history. And they themselves proclaimed it to be the real British Heavyweight title in the UK. So if someone wants to have a little playthrough as either of those promotions and successfully beating off the competition to proclaim Undisputed British Heavyweight champ that could be their potential goal !

Due to this ASWs titles will have about 15% bump in prestige in comparison to their WSW counterparts.  

ASW will have the advantage of being bigger company then WSW currently in UK in that scenario but they wont be members of NWA.

But WSW will have steady backing of NWA and they will be extremely difficult to take down as I set up my NWA to work a bit more like NWA from my save where all the profits and losses are spread equally among the members in alliance this way helping the entire alliance stay afloat. I tested this on my personal save and I have to say it works marvelously well my own company that was huge at this point in that save financed NJPW and ECW to over 100 million in their budgets as well as 20ish other promotions. 

Hopefully that will also work in iDOM having the companies like RFP , WCCW , Stampede and later Titan carry the load for the other promotions while they themselves make healthy profits each month. 

I was checking the iDOM wikia and among the wrestling federations i found is the Federación de Mexicana Lucha Libre. The correct naming should be Federación Mexicana de Lucha Libre, if you were to include it of course.

Edited by LordofGustav

6 hours ago, LordofGustav said:

I was checking the iDOM wikia and among the wrestling federations i found is the Federación de Mexicana Lucha Libre. The correct naming should be Federación Mexicana de Lucha Libre, if you were to include it of course.

They will be added later as they are one of the future promotions only debuting in 2010.

image.png.6130bd791ef66b941bf47e4a4564aed5.png

Posted (edited)

Current Status of the project is as this...titles have been finished, rosters have been finished and I am adding some final touches on graphics and general fixes but the data is fully playable at this point.

Next up is going trough few mistakes (WCCW being rated 10th instead of top 2 for example) and issues I had found in my test and adding events and TVs and similar.

Down below are some screenshots of the company previews. 

PS

I am aware the word "Alliance" is spelled wrong in most of the graphics this has already been fixed I just forgot to move them in to the folder before taking screenies🙃

Japan Wrestling Alliance

image.thumb.png.dfeaedbb53e1fa85b35ce9ed0fca74a3.png

Memphis Championship Wrestling

image.thumb.png.9595812e5d849c006711e79bfaa0b718.png

Ric Flair Promotions

image.thumb.png.3ecdacb7d5efa3785c5b3be43b8133b8.png

World Class Championship Wrestling

image.thumb.png.ef37a60af000cb8d623e776b5d1b5fd0.png

World of Sports Wrestling

image.thumb.png.2ace802fc812e33844ec1982e00eda81.png

Imperio de Lucha Azteca

image.thumb.png.ff89182aa3c7458541055d736b2a85c9.png

Honolulu Championship Wrestling

image.thumb.png.7992aa808977dcab3c902283e684613e.png

Georgia Championship Wrestling

image.thumb.png.9f71fe1c62cd0705c3e31aea5b31205d.png

Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling

image.thumb.png.1ccc1cb784aa32b3be19cc9ac6251982.png

Championship Wrestling from Florida

image.thumb.png.dadadb7102aeeb179c7547c8c1e1a6d9.png

Calgary Stampede

image.thumb.png.d158b606dac5899647e13a8fcfb5837a.png

American Wrestling Association

image.thumb.png.abf44ca3bec441bf81e0cbe024b685a3.png

All-Star Wrestling

image.thumb.png.99cf3f1e62cf52c58066274728c5674f.png

Edited by Kalmus

3 hours ago, LordofGustav said:

Already got plans... either taking GCW to turn it into WCW and leave the NWA or wait and then take ECW and leave the NWA.

Are there other non-NWA promotions besides the AWA in the USA?

In this universe RFP is already WCW in some way as it sprouted out of Jim Crocket Promotions. Regarding other promotions in USA being outside of NWA.  I don't think so. In this world majority of Promotions are part of the NWA with a few strugglers outside of it. 

If you really want to stick it to NWA then id sim until 1993 when Vince returns and Titan Wrestling Entertainment debuts use them to conquer NWA from Inside and then split away. :D 

I am currently working on future promotions that will show up trough the save as well as their owners and fixing few little bugs and then beta is coming out !