Just started my first career, have a couple ?s

Did I screw myself by putting my birthday in for my wrestler's age(It's supposed to be me)? I'm 27 now, I might be a really old man when I finally get to the WWE, if I do. What attribute(s) affect your ability to hit moves successfully? I had two bookings in one night, so I had to no-show one. I guess there's no way to wrestle both?(I know it would be unrealistic, just asking)

[QUOTE=sphanlon]Did I screw myself by putting my birthday in for my wrestler's age(It's supposed to be me)? I'm 27 now, I might be a really old man when I finally get to the WWE, if I do. What attribute(s) affect your ability to hit moves successfully? I had two bookings in one night, so I had to no-show one. I guess there's no way to wrestle both?(I know it would be unrealistic, just asking)[/QUOTE] Starting at age 27 in rookie to legend is very challenging since your wrestler will be expecting to be living a better lifestyle and have a certain prestige based on their age, it's basically designed to be played from the early 20's I think. You're probably better off creating someone in the editor so you can have some popularity and decent skills to start. Hitting a move depends on a number of things. If it's a power move or submission move or whatever then obviously the higher your skill is in that area the better you will be. Then there's your momentum, the higher your's is and the lower your opponent's the better the odds of hitting. And then there is your stamina, the more tired you are the less likely a move is to hit so having good stamina really pays off late in a match if your opponent becomes tired. And no you cannot work two shows in one night, generally you want to pick the larger promotion because they will get upset if you pick a smaller one and may fire you.

If you click on the names of the competitors in the match at the top, it brings up a nice little window. Hit "G" at the window, it'll bring up the Frequency Guide. This thing pops up before the game checks to see if moves hit or miss and tells you the percent chance of a move hitting as well as anything modifying the original chance (every move has a frequency rating, the base percent chance of it hitting).

yeah, i asked about the move thing becuase I'm hitting a lot less of the same moves with my RTL guy than my regular db creation. so i thought it was an ability thing, maybe it's the low popularity which gives low energy?

Speaking as a soon to be 27 year old, I didn't have any problem adjusting for my age in-game. At 27 it only asks that your lifestyle be better than paying Your Dues and that you start building up a savings of $10,000 before you turn 30. If you go with the lowest acceptable lifestyle, you'll only be paying out $600 a month for room and board, max out your contracts if you can and try to work at least twice a month with at least one win and you should at least be breaking even. Save every dime you make over lifestyle cost until you have your 10 grand, then start building on your skills as quickly as you can using 10% per purchase shots (keeping your $10,000 nest egg untouched) and you should have a good start. The major problem is overness, as you can't rush it like you can other things, which is a problem.

Archived