Death of the Territories Reborn (1983) [Beta Release]

Posted (edited)

First of all, thank you to every single person who worked on this prior to me. It's a very popular mod that has been around for many years and 90% of the credit goes to the original mod maker D. Boon's Ghost. I was never able to make contact with TCP1 (who ported this over to TEW 2020) despite reaching out to him but I do not believe he is active on here any longer. I did, however, receive permission from user alvarasus who converted it over to TEW 2013. @Fleisch has been a tremendous source of information and I have used some of his resources for this. I also borrowed a few things from @Mammoth including pictures, broadcasters, bios, etc. There were many people who helped over the years during previous updates of this mod and if you were one of those people, reach out to me so I can give you credit!

Final note, this mod is STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS! I feel comfortable calling it a "Beta" at this point simply because it is now playable and other than some tweaks and fixes, I don't think the core structure of anything is going to change very much. I WOULD LOVE HELP FROM ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO NOTICES ERRORS OR OTHER STRANGE THINGS! This is the first mod I have ever worked on, so there WILL be issues.

I am comfortable saying that the United States and Canada are 97.2% complete. All other areas of the game need work with Japan having mainly the "skeleton" complete (companies, broadcasters, some events, workers are all there, just needs more detail)

DEATH OF THE TERRITORIES (1983)

This mod takes place in January 1983 and is largely meant to replicate the World Wrestling Federation's takeover of the wrestling industry. As such, certain companies have been set up to fail whereas the WWF has been set up to dominate the landscape. Tremendous care has been taken to ensure that the WWF expands so that they reach national dominance by the time of WrestleMania III.

Companies like Southwest Championship Wrestling most likely will fail within the first year and Georgia Championship Wrestling similarly is going to run into financial trouble. This was managed by giving them television contracts that are certain to drain them of money and a lower cash base to start with. I emphasized this because GCW went out of business in 1984 and SWCW lost its USA contract in late 1983, paving the way for WWF to be the only show on cable. There is no real way for me to replicate "Black Saturday" so this was as close as I was going to get.

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling has been set up to undergo a similar (but smaller expansion) as many of the other territories are snuffed out. As head of the National Wrestling Alliance, they control Ric Flair, a large amount of talent, and a large touring schedule that will grant them the ability to compete with McMahon. MACW is one of my recommended promotions to play with, as they have a ton of power and you can compete with the WWF right off the bat.

World Class Championship Wrestling and the American Wrestling Association have been given a very viable chance to expand and possibly become national territories themselves. They have "syndicated" television deals (see below) and are much larger than their regional allies. In many ways, I think that the mod is "set up" for you to use either of these territories as they have a lot of room to grow and truly change the arc of history. 

Of course, Mid South Wrestling, Championship Wrestling from Florida, Stampede Wrestling, Continental Wrestling Association, and many, many other companies are in this mod and also have viable chances to expand from small local promotions into regional powerhouses. 

This mod is intended to run from 1983 to some time in 1992, that is the last place in which I have included broadcaster changes. In the future, I intend to expand it as much as possible but for now, “future companies” are limited and the narratives that came with the mod end some time around 1989. Again, I plan to expand at some point but this mod is very much meant to serve as a “period piece” that explores the death of the territory system in the United States and the expansion of the WWF and MACW/JCP/WCW. 

The World Wrestling Federation as the "Final Boss":

I expect this section to be controversial, as I do not know of many other mods that have attempted to control the AI in the way that I have. I do NOT INTEND FOR USERS TO PLAY AS THE WWF in this initial release of the mod. I set this up for MYSELF to battle against them as the juggernaut that they were in the 1980s. Here are some of the changes that were made:

- Many tweaks have been done to increase the aggression of the WWF and it is the only true "breach" of historical canon that I allowed. This needed to be done in order to simulate the wrestling war since you cannot script these things with narratives. The WWF will enter the game at war or in a poor relationship with every North American company that existed in 1983. While this DID basically happen, it wasn't until later on that it did. But my intention is for the WWF to be an absolute juggernaut that the player has to contend with, not just a company that sits in a sandbox like environment and plays with its toys. WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID, A "SANDBOX" VERSION OF THE MOD WILL BE RELEASED IN JUNE!

- To this end, the new 1.1 beta, the WWF has been given a broadcaster named "WWF Programming" that essentially simulates their growth in television ratings from 1983 to 1985. Just prior to when this mod takes place, the WWF acquired television broadcasting rights in Los Angeles and in September of 1983, they were put on the USA Network. The "WWF Programming" broadcaster will grow as the WWF's broadcasting grew in real life. When the ""WWF Programming" broadcaster becomes inactive in 1985, it is hoped that they will be a large enough company to grab their own (really good) broadcasting deals. A similar thing is being experimented with PPV currently and is included in this mod. It essentially works the same way but runs through 1988 to insure that the WWF transitions to PPV properly. All of this is experimental and I really, really need testers. In all of my tests, the WWF grows at a level in which they can grab whatever cable and PPV deal they want

- The WWF has also been given an incredible amount of cash and Vince has been made a "billionaire". This was done because the WWF simply bleeds money and dies if you do not pad or inflate those numbers

Features of Death of the Territories Reborn:

- All of the American and Canadian promotions have been given researched and (as) accurate (as possible) touring schedules for the year of 1983. I did my best to make sure that the major towns in every promotion are being hit on at least a monthly basis but most of the time it is a weekly basis. 

- Every major company has been given a “Big Show at the End of the Month”. I did this because it was fairly common in the territory days but also because I wanted to create some type of “uniformity” with the event schedule. Future updates to the DotTR will feature more specific and realistic “big shows”. But for now, every Saturday or Sunday at the end of the month, companies will host a bigger show than normal at their signature venue or a venue in their main city of operation. 

- I completely restructured broadcasters so that all of the different size companies have a ladder to climb in terms of television broadcasting. Small, local territories (Mid-South, CWA, Stampede) have “LOCAL TV” deals that only broadcast at a SMALL level in their region. Regional promotions like WWF, AWA, WCCW, and MACW all have “Syndicated/Regional” TV deals which give them a bigger audience in their home region and also spread out into neighboring territories. In order to replicate the “syndication” aspect, these broadcasters have a TINY rating at the absolute furthest extension of their reach. This was done to try and replicate the randomness of syndicated TV, though I may overhaul it more later to create different packages 

- Cable TV is pretty young in the United States and definitely Canada, but I have included several cable and PPV broadcasters. I intend for this mod to explore the expansion of cable and its impact on wrestling. I omitted a few broadcasters that would never host wrestling and that I feel like bloat the broadcaster channel. I have also worked on broad broadcasting changes that take place until 1992 which what I feel like is the “end” of this mod’s viability 

Otherwise, this mod is largely just a revamped, reorganized, and revitalized version of the DotT mod that you all know and love. Further changes will be coming but I think that by and large, this is the most playable version of a 1983 mod that you can find. 

Things that need an update in the future:

- I need to look at the stability of CWA and MSW, as both companies unfortunately continue to run into financial issues (probably due to having too extensive of a touring schedule + performing in venues that are too large for them/cost money)

- Every region outside of the US and Canada needs an in-depth look. Japan is probably the most complete of the non-North American regions and it still needs a lot of work. I am not an expert on Japanese wrestling and could use some help 

Picture pack could use some updating. Broadcasters and events are missing from this mod

- Agers could use some work. It is very limited

- I am currently trying to work on a very in-depth “OTHER TV SHOWS” section that emulates real life TV during that time period and impacts the world. - The alpha version that I have in another thread has a very primitive version of this. I plan to turn my attention to this again at some point in September

- Free agent workers and “yet to debut” workers desperately need to be looked at. This mod has new workers that appear until around the time of the Attitude Era (possibly after) but as I said before, it’s really meant to only be run until about 1992. 

- Narratives will be expanded upon. I would like for almost every single day of the year to contain some type of news piece at some point but that will likely have to wait until September as well when I will have more time. 

- MACW/JCP/WCW future events WILL be in the NEXT update of this mod, some time in June. I intended for it to happen in this update but I got sidetracked with other stuff.

Please, please test it out and let me know what needs to be tweaked! I hope that you all enjoy. Again, if you did work on a previous version of this mod let me know so I can give you credit! 

Special thanks to Jugg for pointing out a lot of issues with titles, etc! I couldn't get to all of them but will in a future update.

Next Update:

I will further update broadcasters and update future MACW/JCP/WCW events! (For real this time!)

The update after will (hopefully) feature the "sandbox" version that doesn't feature the aggressive Vince/WWF AI.

PICTURE PACK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JhXCS1leWEaZJIzfbr5yeHGqnd6QLHyP/view?usp=drive_link

Please utilize the new intro that I put in the mod!

TEW2020.mdb

Edited by AndHesLoose92
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Here's a couple of things that I saw either missing or that I would suggest :

I mostly focused on USA/Canada as they were the area I guess you wanted the biggest amount of feedback on :

• Most of the database has 25 or less in Sex Appeal ;
  • PPW doesn't have a logo ;
  • WWF didn't use this logo until 1985 ;
  • The AWA World Women's Championship is missing for AWA, the title was retired at the time (creating it and setting it as retired would be the best choice imo) ;
  • The AWA Television Title doesn't exist (unless you are talking about the AWA International Television Championship who doesn't exist until 1987) ;
  • The NWA Mid-Atlantic Brass Knuckles is missing for MACW, the title was active at the time, most likely held by Bobby Duncum ;
  • A lot of shows with specific destination such as MACW : Columbia for example doesn't have a region selected ;
  • The NWA International Junior Heavyweight is missing for AJPW, the title was active at the time, held by Atsushi Onita ;
  • The SWCW Brass Knuckles Championship is missing for SWCW, the title was active (or about to be made inactive) at the time, most likely held by Tony Atlas ;
  • The Texas Women's Championship is missing for SWCW, the title was active at the time, although the holder is unknown ;
  • The SWCW Tag Team Championship should be renamed : SWCW Southwest Tag Team Championship ;
  • The SWCW World Tag Team Championship for SWCW is missing, the title was active at the time, although the holder is unknown ;
  • The CWA World Tag Team Championship for CWA is missing, the title was retired at the time (but would be active later in the year) ;
  • The CWA Television Championship for CWA is missing, the title was active at the time, held by Kevin Sullivan ;
  • The Mid-South Mississippi Championship for MSW is missing, the title was active at the time, held by Mr. Wrestling II ;
  • WCCW : The Parade of Champions should be set as a season finale ;
  • The NWA Florida Brass Knuckles for CWF is missing, the title was active at the time, the holder is very likely to be Ciclón Negro ;
  • The NWA Florida Junior Heavyweight for CWF is missing, the title was active at the time, the title was vacant for unknown reasons ;
  • The Canadian Open Television Championship should be renamed NWA Canadian Television Championship ;
  • The Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team Championship should be renamed NWA Vancouver Canadian Tag Team Championship, the title should be vacant at it was vacated in 1982 for unknown reasons ;
  • The NWA International Tag Team (Vancouver) is missing for ASW, the title was active at the time, held by Dean Ho & Moondog Morretti ;
  • The Canadian Heavyweight Championship should be renamed NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship, Moose Morowski should be the title holder as Igor Volkoff didn't win the title yet ;
  • The ICW United States Championship should be renamed ICW United States Heavyweight Championship, Paul Christy should be the title holder ;
  • The ICW Southeastern Heavyweight is missing, title should be vacant as Lanny Poffo wins the title on January 1st ;
  • The CSW International Tag Team Championship should be renamed Stampede International Tag Team Championship ;
  • The Stampede World Mid-Heavyweight for Stampede is missing, the title was active at the time, held by Dynamite Kid ;
  • CWA : End-of-the-Month Show is set as weekly and not monthly ;
  • NJPW's Schedule should be Created Tours and not Created Seasons ;
  • The WWA United States Title doesn't exist ;
  • WWWA World Title & Japan Grand Prix prestige should be lowered ;
  • WWWA World Tag Champions should be Devil Masami & Tarantula ;
  • Big Daddy should be the Ace of Joint Promotions, loyal to Joint Promotions ;
  • The IWA International Heavyweight Championship should be renamed Canadian International Heavyweight Championship or International Heavyweight Championship
  • The IWA International Tag Team Championship should be renamed Canadian International Tag Team Championship, title holders should be Pierre Lefebvre & Pat Patterson ;
  • WWA has the WWA Mexico logo ;
  • IWA Television Championship should be renamed Canadian International Television Championship, title should be vacant ;
  • Continental United States Heavyweight for SECW is missing, title should be vacant ;
  • The NWA Alabama Heavyweight Champion should be Mr. Olympia ;
  • NWA Southeastern Brass Knuckles Championship for SECW is missing, Mongolian Stomper should be the champion ;
  • Big Time Wrestling should be renamed Wrestling Enterprises of Birkenhead or All-Star Wrestling as they are more widely known by that name (if you choose All-Star Wrestling, the Canadian All-Star Wrestling should be renamed Vancouver All-Star Wrestling)
  • Brian Dixon should have "Wrestling in the Blood" and should be loyal (True Born even) to his own promotion ;
  • Orig Williams should have "Desperado"
  • WWC Anniversary Show should be set as a season finale ;
  • WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship is missing, Abdullah the Butcher should be title holder ;
  • WWC North American Heavyweight Championship is missing, Mad Dog Lafaib should be title holder ;
  • AGPW United States Heavyweight Championship is missing ;
  • AGPW Television Championship doesn't exist ;
  • NWA Hawaii Heavyweight Championship for PPW is missing, setting it as active or retired is up to you ;
  • CMLL Anniversary Show should be set as a season finale ;
  • CWA (EUR) is missing the Catch Cup Finals Event, along with their tournament as a title ;
  • A lot of annual event (WCCW : The Parade of Champions) are dormant and will not be revived, might be intentional about the Parade of Champions though
  • André the Giant should be a freelancer, should have an (non-exclusive) handshake deal with WWF ;
  • Verne Gagne should have Desperado
  • Jim Crockett Jr. should be loyal to MACW and not JPW ;
  • Terry Funk should have "Can't Stay Away" ;
  • Giant Baba should have loyal (True Born even) to AJPW, Mentor of Tenryu, Desperado ;
  • Bruiser Brody should have Deathmatch Worker ;
  • Dory Funk Jr. should have Definitive Style, Wrestling in the Blood & Desperado ;
  • Stan Hansen should have Simmering Tension with Vince McMahon ;
  • Junkyard Dog should have Drinker, Hard Drug User ;
  • Otto Wanz should have loyal to CWA (EUR) ;
  • Antonio Inoki should have MMA-Influenced as his style preference / Legit Tough Guys as hiring preference, loyalty to NJPW removed ; 
  • Dick the Bruiser should be loyal to WWA ;
  • The Matsunaga Brothers should be loyal to AJW ;
  • Dump Matsomoto, Jaguar Yokota should have Desperado ;
  • Mimi Hagawara should have Outside Interests, Modelling Experience and TV Actor ;
  • Max Crabtree should have loyal to JPW ;
  • Kendo Nagasaki, the English one, has the wrong pic ;
  • Austin Idol should have Future Manager & Wrestling in the Blood ;
  • Victor Jovica should be loyal to WWC ;
  • Emile Dupre should be loyal to AGPW ;
  • Lia Maivia should have Deep Roots ;
  • NWA Polynesian A Hot Summer Night should be added to PPW, as a show to be revived in 1985 and as a season finale.

That's almost everything I could find, went on a bigger scrub of the database that I wanted to, and there's a lot more that I might suggest especially when it comes to relationship and loyalty but that's a good start.

Thanks for the mod and hard work!

Edited by Jugg
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jugg said:

I mostly focused on USA/Canada as they were the area I guess you wanted the biggest amount of feedback on :

• The AWA World Women's Championship is missing for AWA, the title was retired at the time (creating it and setting it as retired would be the best choice imo) ;
  • The AWA Television Title doesn't exist (unless you are talking about the AWA International Television Championship who doesn't exist until 1987) ;
  • The NWA Mid-Atlantic Brass Knuckles is missing for MACW, the title was active at the time, most likely held by Bobby Duncum ;
  • A lot of shows with specific destination such as MACW : Columbia for example doesn't have a region selected ;
  • The NWA International Junior Heavyweight is missing for AJPW, the title was active at the time, held by Atsushi Onita ;
  • The SWCW Brass Knuckles Championship is missing for SWCW, the title was active (or about to be made inactive) at the time, most likely held by Tony Atlas ;
  • The Texas Women's Championship is missing for SWCW, the title was active at the time, although the holder is unknown ;
  • The SWCW Tag Team Championship should be renamed : SWCW Southwest Tag Team Championship ;
  • The SWCW World Tag Team Championship for SWCW is missing, the title was active at the time, although the holder is unknown ;
  • The CWA World Tag Team Championship for CWA is missing, the title was retired at the time (but would be active later in the year) ;
  • The CWA Television Championship for CWA is missing, the title was active at the time, held by Kevin Sullivan ;
  • The Mid-South Mississippi Championship for MSW is missing, the title was active at the time, held by Mr. Wrestling II ;
  • The NWA Florida Brass Knuckles for CWF is missing, the title was active at the time, the holder is very likely to be Ciclón Negro ;
  • The NWA Florida Junior Heavyweight for CWF is missing, the title was active at the time, the title was vacant for unknown reasons ;
  • The Canadian Open Television Championship should be renamed NWA Canadian Television Championship ;
  • The Canadian Heavyweight Tag Team Championship should be renamed NWA Vancouver Canadian Tag Team Championship, the title should be vacant at it was vacated in 1982 for unknown reasons ;
  • The NWA International Tag Team (Vancouver) is missing for ASW, the title was active at the time, held by Dean Ho & Moondog Morretti ;
  • The Canadian Heavyweight Championship should be renamed NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship, Moose Morowski should be the title holder as Igor Volkoff didn't win the title yet ;
  • The ICW United States Championship should be renamed ICW United States Heavyweight Championship, Paul Christy should be the title holder ;
  • The ICW Southeastern Heavyweight is missing, title should be vacant as Lanny Poffo wins the title on January 1st ;
  • The CSW International Tag Team Championship should be renamed Stampede International Tag Team Championship ;
  • The Stampede World Mid-Heavyweight for Stampede is missing, the title was active at the time, held by Dynamite Kid ;
  • The IWA International Heavyweight Championship should be renamed Canadian International Heavyweight Championship or International Heavyweight Championship
  • The IWA International Tag Team Championship should be renamed Canadian International Tag Team Championship, title holders should be Pierre Lefebvre & Pat Patterson ;
  • IWA Television Championship should be renamed Canadian International Television Championship, title should be vacant ;
  • Continental United States Heavyweight for SECW is missing, title should be vacant ;
  • NWA Southeastern Brass Knuckles Championship for SECW is missing, Mongolian Stomper should be the champion ;
  • Big Time Wrestling should be renamed Wrestling Enterprises of Birkenhead or All-Star Wrestling as they are more widely known by that name (if you choose All-Star Wrestling, the Canadian All-Star Wrestling should be renamed Vancouver All-Star Wrestling)
  • Brian Dixon should have "Wrestling in the Blood" and should be loyal (True Born even) to his own promotion ;
  • WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Championship is missing, Abdullah the Butcher should be title holder ;
  • WWC North American Heavyweight Championship is missing, Mad Dog Lafaib should be title holder ;
  • NWA Hawaii Heavyweight Championship for PPW is missing, setting it as active or retired is up to you ;
  • CWA (EUR) is missing the Catch Cup Finals Event, along with their tournament as a title ;
  • A lot of annual event (WCCW : The Parade of Champions) are dormant and will not be revived, might be intentional about the Parade of Champions though
  • André the Giant should be a freelancer, should have an (non-exclusive) handshake deal with WWF ;
  • Giant Baba should have loyal (True Born even) to AJPW, Mentor of Tenryu, Desperado ;
  • Dory Funk Jr. should have Definitive Style, Wrestling in the Blood & Desperado ;
  • Antonio Inoki should have MMA-Influenced as his style preference / Legit Tough Guys as hiring preference, loyalty to NJPW removed ; 
  • Mimi Hagawara should have Outside Interests, Modelling Experience and TV Actor ;
  • NWA Polynesian A Hot Summer Night should be added to PPW, as a show to be revived in 1985 and as a season finale.

That's almost everything I could find, went on a bigger scrub of the database that I wanted to, and there's a lot more that I might suggest especially when it comes to relationship and loyalty but that's a good start.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t really even look at the titles to be honest and just thought that they were all accurate. I’ll have my work cut out for me there. 

Pictures are going to be a work in progress, I’ll make the adjustments that I can. 

You seem very knowledgeable about the world in 1983. Feel free to help if you want! I’ll take a stab at your list on Monday. 

4 hours ago, AndHesLoose92 said:

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t really even look at the titles to be honest and just thought that they were all accurate. I’ll have my work cut out for me there. 

Pictures are going to be a work in progress, I’ll make the adjustments that I can. 

You seem very knowledgeable about the world in 1983. Feel free to help if you want! I’ll take a stab at your list on Monday. 

It's okay to be confused about title histories, especially before the 90s, as a lot of them are either lost to time or not documented.
The USA & Japan are pretty well documented regions compared to Mexico or UK/Europe in my opinion.
A lot of it was basic research really along with other things I have documented for the day I would make my own mod from scratch.
I just need to free up some time and stop being lazy, really 😅.
I'll try to give you some feedback whenever I have the time. Especially if you're going to release other regions.
Good luck & thank you for your hard work on the mod!

Posted (edited)

Francisco Jose Flores should be set as "Not a wrestler" and "Never wrestles" (He doesn't have a photo, he should have, if you want to, i can give you a pic i showed Mammoth a few weeks ago)

Carlos Cabrera is Colombian, not mexican.

CMLL should remain as EMLL since they didn't change their name until September 1991, when they became CMLL.

I should rename BTW in the UK to ASW (All Star Wrestling). Now, to avoid confusion with the Canadian ASW (All-Star Wrestling), i would rename it as VASW (Vancouver All-Star Wrestling)

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Edited by LordofGustav

Posted (edited)

Andre the Giant should not be freelancer. If you want to go real world in this mod WWF should be a member of the NWA. He also should be loyal to the WWF. It wasn't until August or September that WWF left the NWA. An on Junkyard Dog, well you better add that to Jake Roberts, Roddy Piper, Jim Neidhart, Bret Hart, Buzz Sawyer, Randy Savage, Tully Blanchard, Gino Hernandez, Ric Flair and Tommy Rich should be Heavy Drinker, Hawk, and so many more that I be here all day. An the mod be nearly be unplayable. Also heavy drinker Andre the Giant. 

Edited by alvarasus

8 hours ago, alvarasus said:

Andre the Giant should not be freelancer. If you want to go real world in this mod WWF should be a member of the NWA. He also should be loyal to the WWF. It wasn't until August or September that WWF left the NWA. An on Junkyard Dog, well you better add that to Jake Roberts, Roddy Piper, Jim Neidhart, Bret Hart, Buzz Sawyer, Randy Savage, Tully Blanchard, Gino Hernandez, Ric Flair and Tommy Rich should be Heavy Drinker, Hawk, and so many more that I be here all day. An the mod be nearly be unplayable. Also heavy drinker Andre the Giant. 

In terms of historical accuracy, yes the WWF should be in the NWA.

But by aiming for historical accuracy when it comes to the WWF in the setup stage, it makes their behavior EXTREMELY unrealistic. Accommodations had to be made to give the WWF a more aggressive and realistic AI. Their money supply is also far higher and numerous guys have written contracts that probably didn’t in January of 1983. 

I chose to keep the WWF out of the NWA for those reasons. I want to make and keep things as accurate as humanly possible but I think concessions have to be made for the WWF. If those concessions are not made, they basically stay in their little box and don’t expand much. I’d also argue that their position within the NWA was always precarious and definitely became even more so once Vince McMahon Jr. purchased the company. 

I noticed the freelancer issue with Andre as well and it’ll be changed as part of my next update. The last person to touch the mod before me had him as a freelancer for whatever reason. Thanks for the feedback! 

9 hours ago, LordofGustav said:

Francisco Jose Flores should be set as "Not a wrestler" and "Never wrestles" (He doesn't have a photo, he should have, if you want to, i can give you a pic i showed Mammoth a few weeks ago)

Carlos Cabrera is Colombian, not mexican.

CMLL should remain as EMLL since they didn't change their name until September 1991, when they became CMLL.

I should rename BTW in the UK to ASW (All Star Wrestling). Now, to avoid confusion with the Canadian ASW (All-Star Wrestling), i would rename it as VASW (Vancouver All-Star Wrestling)

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Thank you! Adjustments will be made tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, AndHesLoose92 said:

In terms of historical accuracy, yes the WWF should be in the NWA.

But by aiming for historical accuracy when it comes to the WWF in the setup stage, it makes their behavior EXTREMELY unrealistic. Accommodations had to be made to give the WWF a more aggressive and realistic AI. Their money supply is also far higher and numerous guys have written contracts that probably didn’t in January of 1983. 

I chose to keep the WWF out of the NWA for those reasons. I want to make and keep things as accurate as humanly possible but I think concessions have to be made for the WWF. If those concessions are not made, they basically stay in their little box and don’t expand much. I’d also argue that their position within the NWA was always precarious and definitely became even more so once Vince McMahon Jr. purchased the company. 

I noticed the freelancer issue with Andre as well and it’ll be changed as part of my next update. The last person to touch the mod before me had him as a freelancer for whatever reason. Thanks for the feedback! 

Also you can put Andre on Loan contracts even with written deal with the WWF to start the mod. I did this with Hogan and Andre for their NJPW deals in 1984 mod. It's also been done with 1991 Rising Storms mod. I wasn't arguing that it should be realistic, I was arguing against it being realistic, because DOTT was a fantasy mod to begin with in the first place. It just used real world 1983 as the setting. Hence should notice the Midnight Express and Jim Cornette shouldn't be in Mid-South to start the mod realistically.

4 hours ago, alvarasus said:

Also you can put Andre on Loan contracts even with written deal with the WWF to start the mod. I did this with Hogan and Andre for their NJPW deals in 1984 mod. It's also been done with 1991 Rising Storms mod. I wasn't arguing that it should be realistic, I was arguing against it being realistic, because DOTT was a fantasy mod to begin with in the first place. It just used real world 1983 as the setting. Hence should notice the Midnight Express and Jim Cornette shouldn't be in Mid-South to start the mod realistically.

And I am arguing for realistic outcomes over everything. Previous iterations of the mod or versions that other people want to do can include the WWF in the NWA but that's not how I see this mod going or working.

I will take a look at what dates and companies Andre was working for in January/February/March and put him on loan there.

Man, I'm so excited for this. I can't wait to get out of this office. I've been looking for this for a couple years. I skipped 16. I went EWR, to 2008 to 2013 and then 2020. I've saved the AWA before but it's been so many years and the Monday Night War has been on my screen long enough. Thank you for this!

http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

You already know Francisco Jose Flores, the founder and owner of Universal Wrestling Association: http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Francisco_José_Flores

But what about the OTHER Francisco Flores? The wrestler: http://www.luchawiki.org/index.php?title=Francisco_Flores_(wrestler) , Despite the fact that he's mexican, there's no record that he ever wrestled in his home country at all. He wrestled in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Japan and Bahamas.

Just a reminder: DON'T MIX THEM INTO ONE PERSON. I do say this because it's a common mistake that both the modder and the average wrestling fan tends to commit.

Hope this website helps!

New update available!

Includes various tweaks, about 60% of the things that @Juggpointed out, and a new "WWF Programming" broadcaster that will help regulate and control WWF's growth.

Also check out the new intro I did for the mod!

As always, let me know if there are any issues and I will fix them.

• Like 2

As always, small things missing or suggestions.

I went out of my way and added some suggestions for others regions, list isn't full of course, but it's already a good start :

• The NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship is owned by NJPW. It should be overseen by the National Wrestling Alliance. Tiger Mask is the title holder.
  • The NWA World Women's Championship is missing. It should be overseen by the National Wrestling Alliance. The Fabulous Moolah is the title holder.
  • New Japan Pro Wrestling should be in the National Wrestling Alliance.
  • All Japan Pro Wrestling should be in the National Wrestling Alliance.
  • Empresa Mexicana de Lucha Libre should be in the National Wrestling Alliance.
  • Empresa Mexicana de Lucha Libre should have a Small Women's Division.
  • WWA has the wrong logo : this is the World Wrestling All-Stars' logo.
  • WWA's End of the Month Show was set as annual when is should be Monthly.
  • WWA's End of the Month Show is at the start of the Month.
  • Joint Promotions & All Star Wrestling should have an hostile attitude.
  • AJPW's Champion Carnival should be their season finale.
  • PPW's logo is still missing (I think that you know about that one).
  • 3 of the 4 CWA Tour are set as Inactive (I don't know if it was intended or not).
  • I would suggest to put PNW Special: Anniversary Show to be their season finale, as I'm guessing this is the 60th Anniversary Extravaganza Show.
  • The 2 WWF Special events in South West are not active.
  • CSW Wrestling at the Chase doesn't have a TV deal.
  • Wrestling at the Chase is set as a St. Louis branded Show when there are no wrestlers or official assigned to the brand.
  • Bob Roop should have a Hatred of Robert Fuller & Ron Fuller.
  • Ron Fuller should have a Strong Dislike of Ronnie Garvin, Bob Orton Jr. & Boris Malenko.
  • Robert Fuller should have Party Animal.
  • All AJW's Title pictures, except for the WWWA World Title, are wrong.
  • ECWA opening date is in 1994 when it should be in 1967 (not mandatory, imo as they were really a minor/backyard promotion until the 90s).
  • ECW opening date is May 1992 when it should be April 1992.
  • Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling has the wrong logo, this is JWP Project's logo.
  • ECW has the wrong logo from the time period.
  • It is not mandatory but I would highly recommend to add gender restrictions to all the titles. It's not impossible that the AI gives the titles to women if they are for both genders. 
  • Atsushi Onita's weight should be lowered down to Lightweight so that he doesn't cause an error.
  • Atsushi Onita's Minimum Age as a booker and owner should be 31.

That's what I got from a quick glance at it, thanks for the mod and hard work!

Posted (edited)

This looks very good already. A few things surprised me but they're more in the realm of oversights and "to do"s than issues:

• Sherri Martel doesn't have Amazing Heel. Given all the "demons" attributes she has, Martel might need slightly better skills to be a viable hire, but aside from gameplay concerns I think most people would be happy with her being considered an exceptional Heel performer. Regardless, she should certainly have the Entertainer style rather than Regular Wrestler.
  • Wendi Richter doesn't have a Merchandise-increasing trait, which doesn't fit well with her ability as a merch mover before the screwjob. (Some sources say on par with Hogan, which is probably overstated, but certainly enough to stand out from other women on the US circuit.) At the moment, there's not much incentive to push her instead of poaching the Crush Girls and Jackie Sato, all of whom have A Marketing Dream and are available to work in the United States. Madusa feels like a similar case, though probably a step down from Richter. Both of them should probably have Career Woman. (I'm 100% sure about Madusa as she's on the record about making that choice, Richter is more of an inference.)
  • Heidi Lee Morgan should have Bodybuilder (that's how she got into the business).
  • I can't find Rockin' Robin in the DB. Maybe my search-fu is broken.
  • There aren't a lot of Agents with signature traits.  would have expected at least Verne Gagne, Lou Thesz and Johnny Saint to have Agent of the Old School, Max Crabtree and Vince McMahon to get Agent of Stories, Gary Hart to have Agent of Tag Teams, etc.
  • Similarly, the announcer specialties are applied thinly. Gorilla Monsoon not having Voice of Stories is particularly striking.
  • Hogan's bio is probably wrong. Firstly, he didn't really get over in the WWF in his first run and the McMahons weren't too bothered about letting him go. More importantly, AI Hogan doesn't care about getting a belt (being motivated much more by money and increasing his value), and the real one was probably much the same. Telling the player in the bio that the belt matters is at least misleading for gameplay, and may be inaccurate as well.
Edited by Big Mark Smark

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 9:14 PM, Jugg said:

95% of what you put here was added to the release I'm doing later today! You have been a HUGE help to this mod! Thank you. Pictures are a WIP. Titles also need to be looked at by someone else, though I did try and do the changes you just brought up.

Edited by AndHesLoose92
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 6:59 PM, Big Mark Smark said:

This looks very good already. A few things surprised me but they're more in the realm of oversights and "to do"s than issues:

• Sherri Martel doesn't have Amazing Heel. Given all the "demons" attributes she has, Martel might need slightly better skills to be a viable hire, but aside from gameplay concerns I think most people would be happy with her being considered an exceptional Heel performer. Regardless, she should certainly have the Entertainer style rather than Regular Wrestler.
  • Wendi Richter doesn't have a Merchandise-increasing trait, which doesn't fit well with her ability as a merch mover before the screwjob. (Some sources say on par with Hogan, which is probably overstated, but certainly enough to stand out from other women on the US circuit.) At the moment, there's not much incentive to push her instead of poaching the Crush Girls and Jackie Sato, all of whom have A Marketing Dream and are available to work in the United States. Madusa feels like a similar case, though probably a step down from Richter. Both of them should probably have Career Woman. (I'm 100% sure about Madusa as she's on the record about making that choice, Richter is more of an inference.)
  • Heidi Lee Morgan should have Bodybuilder (that's how she got into the business).
  • I can't find Rockin' Robin in the DB. Maybe my search-fu is broken.
  • There aren't a lot of Agents with signature traits.  would have expected at least Verne Gagne, Lou Thesz and Johnny Saint to have Agent of the Old School, Max Crabtree and Vince McMahon to get Agent of Stories, Gary Hart to have Agent of Tag Teams, etc.
  • Similarly, the announcer specialties are applied thinly. Gorilla Monsoon not having Voice of Stories is particularly striking.
  • Hogan's bio is probably wrong. Firstly, he didn't really get over in the WWF in his first run and the McMahons weren't too bothered about letting him go. More importantly, AI Hogan doesn't care about getting a belt (being motivated much more by money and increasing his value), and the real one was probably much the same. Telling the player in the bio that the belt matters is at least misleading for gameplay, and may be inaccurate as well.

Hey there! Thanks so much for your suggestions. I completely agree with most of them and made the changes. I think adding personality depth is important to making this mod as deep as possible.

I added Rockin' Robin from another database but she probably needs to be looked at again and fine tuned. She has no picture currently.

As for Hogan, I disagree. He wrestled Bob Backlund for the title and had a well known match at Shea Stadium against Andre the Giant. Of course he didn't get as "over" as he would when he came back as a babyface but I would disagree with the idea that he never got over. You are right that the McMahon's let him go but that has everything to do with Rocky III and less to do with whether or not he could draw. The movie definitely made him well known across the country as well. I would also disagree that Hogan didn't care about the belt, he was very much a mark for wins and losses (bringing Warrior to WCW specifically to avenge his WrestleMania VI loss stands out as well as his behavior at WrestleMania IX n general). By all accounts he was frustrated by Gagne not making him "the guy", though yes, money has always been the biggest factor for him.

Despite everything I just said, I didn't even originally come up with that bio. It was what was there when I started working on the mod.

If a worker's performances weren't affected by their drinking or drug use, they shouldn't have the attributes. Guys like Flair weren't affected by their drinking in the 80s and should not have heavy drinker attribute. 

I haven't downloaded the data yet, but I'm referencing comments in this thread, but the mobile version of the forum won't let me quote for some reason.