Where's the advance?

This game is nearly exactly the same as WreSpi 1. There is no great improvements and it's really is just a major dissapointment. All you do just like in the original is go from match to match hoping to win every match. Granted the strategy in the matches is great but other than that there is nothing else to do.

Sorry you feel that way, but I'm not really sure what you were expecting? The concept of the Wrestling Spirit series is that it's a match-oriented game, so of course the majority of the game is going to involve fighting in matches and trying to win. edit - In answer to your actual question, the primary advances are in the much-improved match engine and addition of league modes.

I couldnt really get into wrespi but i believe the 2nd incarnation is far superior. For starters like Adam said there is the brand new league mode which should double the lifespan of the game to start with. But there are lots and lots of new features which all combine to make this a good game. A slightly debatable issue but in superstar/RTL mode the blackjack mini-game is good fun, there is the much improved interface which is a lot easier on the eye and just about everything is only 2 mouse clicks away. As is generally the case with GDS games you can customise just about everything in the game, plus in the latest one you can generate movesets, which if your lazy like me is a huge bonus! I never played much of wrespi so im in no real position to argue on the similaritys of the 2 games, but saying apart from playing matches there is nothing to do is a bit lame tbh, its like saying 'i dont like football manager 'cos all you can do is win leagues and cups by playing matches.' Its the whole point of the game! There isnt just the challenge of winning matches, you have to try and be clever about where you concentrate your efforts in order to make it to the top fed in the game and become champion there, on RTL that is extremely difficult! Perhaps this is not the sort of challenge that appeals to you but personally i think this game is awesome!

I'm in the same situation as panix04 is; I never played the first WreSpi. It just didn't hook me to play it. Same with TEW actually; Never played the original long, but TEW2005 hooked me good, like WreSpi2. And I really don't know why it is like that. But, all in all, WreSpi2 rocks. Some may argue about the lack of improvements, wanting to play a different kinda wrestling game. I don't know about BigBal, but I could imagine he/she wanting a more kayfabe-like game (like some guys do in the forum) with storylines and angles, promos etc. more like a "real" sports entertainment wrestler-like career. I don't, 'cause it truly is a thinking person's fighting game. And I like it that way.

Having played the first WreSpi quite a bit, BigBal, I must say that you are sorely mistaken as the game is clearly better. 1. Booking makes sense. 2. Auto-moveset. 3. Relationships are more challenging to establish. 4. Skills being for sale makes gameplay more purposeful. 5. Match quality being nothing more than fluff makes gameplay more purposeful. 6. Freakin' League Mode. 7. Marat Kholkov is OVER?! Awesome! (development in CornellVerse) 8. Overhauling of RTL mode (different starting situations, etc.) 9. Better and more logical match gameplay (no more cursing at the screen!) 10. The Frequency Guide. 11. Hit "C" to close a window. (not a huge thing, but. so. awesome.) 12. Interface improvements (no longer ugly.) So there. There's the advance. Smile. The glass is half full.

Archived