Who are the most community-beloved characters within the Cornellverse?

Posted (edited)

NYCW's Brutas Milano, Denny King, Animal Harker, Riley McManus, Tennessee William, Brooklyn's Finest Freedom Eagle and Hawkeye Calhoun. Super Massive Destroyer. Sal DiMeo. 

MAW. The Architect, Jonah Pilgrim, Bradley Blaze, Tyrone Grey and Nate DeMarcus. Ralph Liotta. 

ACPW. Mimic, Ant-Man.

CWA. Cameron Vessey. 

FCW. Mutant. Ox. King Kong. Kip Keenan. 

PSW. Logan Wolfbaine. Ash Campbell. Nelson Callum. Jackpot and his tag team partner. 

Some of my most loved worker's of 2020. Who I will be making sure to see how they are doing in 2022. 

Edited by TheFibroWarrior

Curt Merritt is someone I use as a wrestler manager. Wanted to turn him into either a Bobby Heenan type or a manager turned wrestler like DDP. Interested to see if still RIPW or if SWF finally gave him a deal. 

I really like Cali Slick, Fro Sure, El Mitico Jr, Remmy Skye, Cameron Jones, Spencer Spade, Gino Montero, y'know the "super indy" kinda guys. For Japan, I really BCG so I'll check them out ofc.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Funakoshi and (most) of the BCG roster. Funakoshi being this pillar of old school puroresu refusing to change in a constantly changing world is such a great character. Jet black hair slightly slicked back, black trunks with knee pads and traditional wrestling boots. Makes me swoon just envisioning it. 😍

I'm also a fan of Remmy Skye and other west coast guys. Big Poppa Swoll is another great character that I'd be surprised if he's not in a major league in the new game. 

• Like 1

There is a truly disturbing lack of Alan Parent in this thread.

For all you newcomers to GDS Parent was someone me and another diary writer made into a meme similar to radio, where it was invented at different times by different people doing the same sort of work without knowing they were copying. Parent was regarded in his bio as being a "Student of the game" despite the fact that he had a psychology rating of 24 and was basically a puro strong style smark spot monkey. Unfortunately the joke ran out of steam when he was hired by CGC in TEW 16 and then left adrift in the wilderness by CWA in TEW 20 so idk if anyone's repurposing him as a meme nowadays. But man, he had his moments......

I'm a big fan of Art Reed and Greg Wright/Black/Groucho Bling. I don't expect too much from either of them, as they seemed to be slowly headed toward retirement even in 2020. Same thing with some of my other favorites -- guys like Fox Mask and (less explicably) Cal Sanders.

Always loved Cali Slick and Fro Sure in my GSW saves, so I'm expecting at least one of them to have outgrown the company and anyone left behind probably be a big fish in a small pond.

There was a time in the near past when new Scythe re-renders had reached meme levels on these boards, so I'm curious how he's gonna look for the new game.

Have a soft spot for many ladies of the QAW roster, so I'll check out where Foxxy LaRue, Alina America, Pamela Rojo and Hellcat Hernandez ended up.

Can't pick out one guy in Mexico, let's just go with the entire EMLL roster.

Cesar Sionis down under.

Echoing the Funakoshi love of previous posts. Wonder if Big Bruiser Findlay still remains as BCG's gaijin ace, he usually ends up moving to greener pastures in my games.