General Gameplay Questions Thread

You might want to have it as a two part angle. Have one part where one person speaks like in an interview, the second where perhaps a video or something plays (can't think of the actual angle), finally have either the interview continue.

Edited by Dorian
Edit: Or three part interview, because I can't count.

How do you handle block TV tapings and working around your PPVs?  For example, coming up in my MAW save I'll have a 5 TV show stretch before an PPV, but I'm planning to do tapings in 4 show blocks. My second block of tapings will include one episode of TV from before the PPV and 3 from after.  Would you book the last three as if the PPV had already happened? Just curious, as any title changes would have not happened yet, for example.

So I'm trying to run GSW as Urban Strong Style. It mostly works but I've hit a snag.

Crowds expect long matches. They also expect Hardcore and Wild Brawls. Which fall apart after about 15 minutes. 

I LOVE the idea of USS. I want to make it work. But I keep getting dinged for either running too short or running the wrong match types the lengths the crowd wants. 

Is this just a thing to be patched or am I missing something?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, codey_v3 said:

Something like "Almost guaranteed" feels like a fair choice. 

On that note, which of these two is more likely: likely to succeed vs a safe bet? Because in my head, a safe bet and likely to succeed mean pretty much the same thing. I've been just assuming that safe bet has a higher chance of working, but I've truly got no idea.

I assumed safe bet is the higher success rate one as well. Maybe Adam can shed a little light on the percentages. 

7 hours ago, JackNo said:

So I'm trying to run GSW as Urban Strong Style. It mostly works but I've hit a snag.

Crowds expect long matches. They also expect Hardcore and Wild Brawls. Which fall apart after about 15 minutes. 

I LOVE the idea of USS. I want to make it work. But I keep getting dinged for either running too short or running the wrong match types the lengths the crowd wants. 

Is this just a thing to be patched or am I missing something?

Probably book the hardcore and wild brawl matches featuring your less popular workers - the ones the crowd doesn't expect to see in long matches - and save your stars and major stars for more normal matches that can go long. That would be my guess.

• Like 1

I am about 2 years into a save on Cverse and theres been only 87 total relationship changes that show up in news feed. I was expecting more of a frequency given the backstage dynamics being increased. Anyone else see similar results? Is there a way this can be a setting to increase frequency of relationships being created? 

2 minutes ago, JrSquared said:

I am about 2 years into a save on Cverse and theres been only 87 total relationship changes that show up in news feed. I was expecting more of a frequency given the backstage dynamics being increased. Anyone else see similar results? Is there a way this can be a setting to increase frequency of relationships being created? 

Only significant changes are logged in the news section. There'll have been lots of other changes that have happened. It's also important to remember that it's not like the previous game where every change results in a visible change, there'll be tons of alterations that didn't necessarily create a full change of state.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, claxton110381 said:

How do you handle block TV tapings and working around your PPVs?  For example, coming up in my MAW save I'll have a 5 TV show stretch before an PPV, but I'm planning to do tapings in 4 show blocks. My second block of tapings will include one episode of TV from before the PPV and 3 from after.  Would you book the last three as if the PPV had already happened? Just curious, as any title changes would have not happened yet, for example.

Personally what I would do is just change the number of shows down to 1 to book the week before the PPV and then put it back up to 4 after.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam Ryland said:

Only significant changes are logged in the news section. There'll have been lots of other changes that have happened. It's also important to remember that it's not like the previous game where every change results in a visible change, there'll be tons of alterations that didn't necessarily create a full change of state.

oh okay I was just worried that these incidents would happen and just disappear inconsequentially. Thank you! 

13 hours ago, claxton110381 said:

In the past, if I've got 5 weeks of TV before my next big event, I would tape 3 shows one night, and tape 2 shows on another to get that five week stretch taken care of. You'll just need to remember to adjust how many shows you're taping at a time before you get to the date of the next tapings.

Also, don't forget about holidays, if you're set to avoid them. Don't want to run into an issue where a holiday pushes back a show and now all of a sudden your new champion is on television talking about how he's going to go win the belt at the show that happened last weekend.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheWorldIsOurs13 said:

Why does C.A.N.N. require shows to be a minimum quality of 81 and can this be manipulated to be lower in anyway?

It's dependent on the time slot you are looking for. A major broadcaster will expect a high level of quality if you're wanting a good slot.

7 hours ago, Thane of Fife said:

Probably book the hardcore and wild brawl matches featuring your less popular workers - the ones the crowd doesn't expect to see in long matches - and save your stars and major stars for more normal matches that can go long. That would be my guess.

Yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing (though I could be better about it) and it's worked okay. I just wish I could pull out the hardcore stuff for big grudge matches and such without getting dinged somehow.

Is it just me or the AI doesn't seem to create any new stables? They also consistently remove stables from time to time and so every fed looks like they are on their way to become faction-less.

Edited by Goliathus
  • Like 1

Is there a way to pre-book a match with To Be Announced as one of the competitors?

Mostly this is important for Battle Royals/Royal Rumbles as it is weird to not promote that ahead of time, but also I'd like to have some surprises.

When I try, I get a "You have not filled in all of the competitors." Incomplete Booking message.

7 hours ago, Alienated said:

Is there any way to convince a guy who only wants to work events to work TV as well?

You'll have to give more money or maybe chosing an intent on how to utilise them could help. Maybe Nostalgia Act or Passing The Torch can work.

19 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Thanks for the clarification. It seemed odd to me to read about a fight breaking out backstage and see no relationship change in the worker personal details.

Maybe a "small relationship" could be added only in the worker personal details and not in the news archive. Something like "X has a positive/negative opinion of Y". Just to give the information that something different than "complete strangers" or "no relevant opinion" is going on between two workers. This may also help the user deciding who to hire, a positive/negative opinion may develop to something more serious/permanent sooner than "no opinion" I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheStroke7 said:

Thanks for the clarification. It seemed odd to me to read about a fight breaking out backstage and see no relationship change in the worker personal details.

Maybe a "small relationship" could be added only in the worker personal details and not in the news archive. Something like "X has a positive/negative opinion of Y". Just to give the information that something different than "complete strangers" or "no relevant opinion" is going on between two workers. This may also help the user deciding who to hire, a positive/negative opinion may develop to something more serious/permanent sooner than "no opinion" I guess.

That's been added to the next patch.

• Like 5

How often are you guys using Creative team stuff? I've found that I only use it for gimmicks and not often. I have about 400 points stored, I'm starting to believe that I need to use it for the these storylines and angles. I use to use factions a lot in promos or something but now it feels like it just kills angles and that kills storylines. Thoughts?