So I’m just over a year in to my TCW save (Late Jan. 2023) and figured I’d share a bit, maybe someone will get some enjoyment out of it!

My primary goal when I set out was to try and go with a little bit of a youth movement. With many of the midcard getting up there in age it seemed like it would be a good time for TCW to get a bit of a refresh. So over the course of 2022 it was about moving the new or younger guys up the card and the fading stars phasing down the card.

Additions:

Tommy Cornell: Contract was up and it just feels right bringing in Mr.TCW for one final run before he hangs up the boots. I think I might build it up to Total Mayhem for his last match, then manually retire him.

Ernest Youngman: The newest member of the Syndicate, replacing Doc, who was forced out of the group. Youngman has moved up the card steadily, and is now a tag champ with his stablemate Jaylin Martins.

Logan Wolfsbaine: Taken in by Floyd Goldworthy as his manager, he’s risen up the card and just recently has become TCW TV Champ for the first time.

Aldous Blackfriar & Deacon Darkhold: Brought in initially as depth to the tag division as “The Dark Watch”, they grew to a trio with the addition of Mutant to the group.

Rogue: Let go by SWF, he sat unemployed while I debated bringing him in for his price tag. Finally pulled the trigger and brought him in as the “Higher Power” in charge of the “Dark Watch”, limited in ring at this point, I figure he’ll help get the group over.

Gino Montero: Cost me a pretty penny in a bidding war, but I had to do it, he’s just so damn good and seems like the quintessential TCW guy to me. Has been winning a lot and recently defeated Wolf Hawkins in a feud where he rejected the Syndicate’s offer to join. Will likely have gold soon.

Rick Law: Didn’t fit the profile of a “young” signing, but became available and still is a decent enough worker, plus he had TCW ties from before. Had a solid run as TV champ before losing to Wolfsbaine.

KC Glenn: Another guy who’s too good, I figured he’ll fit TCW like a glove. He recently signed and is being slowly brought along.

Ricky Dale Johnson: Brought him in just as a Commissioner/Sheriff/Authority Figure who can cut promos and is over.

Other Additions:

Rocky Weatherfield - I figured a young, solid enough worker, solid midcard potential.

Papa Swoll - Great entertainment skills, young, has great tag chemistry with T-Bone.

Puerto Rican Boys - Good tag team depth with a bit of potential.

Mitchell Aldred - 30-ish, Great Pysch, good skills

Nate Demarcus - Under 30, decent skills, probably midcarder for duration

Xavi Ferrera - Much like Demarcus, solid depth

Departures:

Tory Tornado, One Man Army, Human Arsenal, Nate Johnson, Marc Speed - A lot of TCW stalwarts here, but all in common, close to or over 40, declining, been around for ages. I mainly used them to get over the new guys and when their contracts ran out, they were gone.

Eliot Thomas - Younger guy, but not particularly good or with much potential for TCW. His contract was up so let the indies have him.

Major Stars as of Feb 1, 2023:

Jay Chord - Probably our top guy, lost the World title last June to Greg Gauge, but just regained it at Malice 2023 after winning King of Kings.

Greg Gauge - 2022 was big for him, winning his first TCW title and defending it in great matches against numerous opponents (including a 99 rated 30Min IronMan match with Hawkins). Just lost the strap but big things still ahead.

Wolf Hawkins - Still a major part of the shows as Syndicate leader, helped get Montero over big time too. Will likely play a big role in Cornell’s swan song.

Aaron Andrews - Ace is still doing his thing, but has been more of background player in 2022. Has lost a few big matches and I’m considering a heel turn in 2023.

Sammy Bach - Honestly I probably underused him in 2022 because he can still go. 

Gino Montero - Taken to TCW like a duck to water, is right in the top star mix now as a babyface. He’ll be all over TCW in 2023.

Mighty Mo - Another guy who’s been left without a dance partner a few too many times this year. 2023 could be big for him as I consider giving him his first World title at some point.

Sorry for the long post but I just felt like sharing what’s been a super fun save so far.

• Like 11

Now in February of 2023. At the start of the year, my white whale became available. Alicia Strong, who left USPW at the end of the year because she was doing policits, ended her hituas two days into the New Year. I picked her up and safe to say, Lauren Easter will not be the first Women's Champion after all. The match will be Easter/Strong at Total Mayhem.

With SWF dropping to Medium and Alicia Strong signing with TCW, I decided to take over Eric Eisen to do one move; open up a women's division for both SWF and RIPW. What has proceeded to happen, in the last month, is SWF savagely raiding QAW. In a span of three weeks, SWF has signed 12 of their 25 wrestlers. They tried to take a few women from CZCW but CZCW just became Medium in late January and were able to retain every women except Juliet Balconi. 

• Like 1

Just finished up Total Mayhem XVII (2023) and thought I’d give everyone a little rundown for those interested.

Mighty Mo def/ Jay Chord for the TCW World title.

Chord has reigned since January, the story was Mo has lost the last 4 times to Chord one on one. Chord says Mo can’t beat him and will choke. Mo overcomes that and wins his first World title.

Wolf Hawkins def/ Tommy Cornell in a Syndicate vs Career Match

Cornell vowed to end the Syndicate, the group he created, once and for all, Wolf was only willing to put it on the line if Tommy put up his career. And thus ends the in ring career of Tommy to his protege. I’m going to manually retire Tommy, he also was inducted immediately into the TCW Hall of Fame.

Aaron Andrews def/ Greg Gauge

Andrews had been frustrated with numerous big losses in big matches, it finally culminated with him snapping and turning on Gauge in a tag match. He says the old “Ace” is back. Gauge is out for revenge. AA wins this one but the feud will continue.

Gino Montero def/ Logan Wolfsbaine for the TCW TV Title

Gino is a rising star, so is Wolfsbaine for that matter. But it’s Gino’s time here as he ends the run of Logan for his first TCW title victory.

T-Bone and Papa Swoll def/ The SINdicate (Youngman & Martins) for the TCW Tag Titles

The SINdicate (I just thought the name sounded cool lol) have reigned for months, but the team of Swoll and Bright, with their excellent tag chemistry, are the ones to end the reign.

Freddy Huggins def/ Roderick Remus

I had H2-Whoa blame Remus for a series of failures and turn on him, breaking up the Main Event. This is their first meeting as Huggins cheats to win, setting up future matches.

KC Glenn def/ Rogue, where Glenn would have to join the Dark Watch if he lost

Glenn continues his rise, Rogue being used mostly to get guys over. He might be removed as Dark Watch leader soon by Blackfriar to set up a feud there.

10 Man Battle Royal for a future title shot

James Adams (High Flyin Hawaiian) makes his debut and wins, eliminating Flint Slater to earn a future title shot.

A fun show with a fun build up. The show rating was 88, not my best but still very good.

Andrews vs Gauge was MOTN with a 95 rating.

Mo vs Chord was 2nd with an 89

Surprisingly, T-Bone & Swoll vs The SINdicate is 3rd with an 88.

Wolf vs Cornell was a bit disappointing at an 83, but with Cornell’s time decline it makes sense.

Looking forward to the summer string of shows which look pretty good I think so far.

Edited by BrettC86
  • Like 3

For those playing with TCW, how aggressive are regarding poaching from other companies? What do you prioritize?

I've seen some interesting signings, like Bret going after Gino and Tommy Cornell. In thr past, I would go after top guys, also. But, like I've mentioned, this time I'm trying not to do that. I found that tiering the roster has helped me utilize my roster better. Every six months (game wise) I've pulled out a notebook and I've literally ranked every wrestler, in order. Tier 1 is tippy top guys, Tier 2 are Main Eventers, Tier 3 is Upper Mid/Ocassional World title contenders, Tier 4 is Best of Mid card, Tier 5 is Firm Mid Card and Tier 6 is Lower Mid.

It's helped me have some sort of order and it's led to me not going after many people. Granted, my usual strategy of targeting prospects still has stood. I've taken Marcus English, Moriarty Schnell, High Flying Hawaiian, Ranger. I just took Lenny Brown because I like his athleticism and I can absolutely do things with him in the mid card.

For TCW, since Kyle Rhodes gave me an objective to not hire anyone under 60 Stamina, I've ran with it and prioritized guys with at least 65 Athleticism. I like the idea of pushing TCW as the most explosive, athletic promotion of the Big 3. In my head cannon, it fits the sports feel aspect that I'm shooting for. I've had a lot of fun with these restraints I've put on myself.

3 hours ago, Lo-Drew said:

For those playing with TCW, how aggressive are regarding poaching from other companies? What do you prioritize?

I've seen some interesting signings, like Bret going after Gino and Tommy Cornell. In thr past, I would go after top guys, also. But, like I've mentioned, this time I'm trying not to do that. I found that tiering the roster has helped me utilize my roster better. Every six months (game wise) I've pulled out a notebook and I've literally ranked every wrestler, in order. Tier 1 is tippy top guys, Tier 2 are Main Eventers, Tier 3 is Upper Mid/Ocassional World title contenders, Tier 4 is Best of Mid card, Tier 5 is Firm Mid Card and Tier 6 is Lower Mid.

It's helped me have some sort of order and it's led to me not going after many people. Granted, my usual strategy of targeting prospects still has stood. I've taken Marcus English, Moriarty Schnell, High Flying Hawaiian, Ranger. I just took Lenny Brown because I like his athleticism and I can absolutely do things with him in the mid card.

For TCW, since Kyle Rhodes gave me an objective to not hire anyone under 60 Stamina, I've ran with it and prioritized guys with at least 65 Athleticism. I like the idea of pushing TCW as the most explosive, athletic promotion of the Big 3. In my head cannon, it fits the sports feel aspect that I'm shooting for. I've had a lot of fun with these restraints I've put on myself.

It's a different situation for me depending on the save, a lot of time I'm using my imagination and thinking about potential stories (like with Cornell). Sometimes I'll limit myself, or go for someone new I don't usually go for. I brought in Rick Law because of his history in TCW, otherwise I probably wouldn't have.

Matthew Keith is coming up in a few months in my save, and there's always a huge temptation for someone that good and especially with the link to Greg. But I've done it before and I'm on the fence about doing it here. There are guys I thought about but I wasn't really sure if they were necessary (Spencer Spade), and guys I wanted to bring in for depth (Greg Black to reteam with Benson), but they got bid up to a point I wasn't comfortable.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 1:45 PM, Lo-Drew said:

I am IMPOSSIBLY aggressive. 

Anyone under 35 with 70's and up, is getting snapped up. I'm basically NXT during the Triple H era...

Edited by EdJames
  • Like 3

I shortlist anybody under 35 with good SQ and I'll fight for them.  I already have Will Beaumont and Nicky Gilbert, I've got Kian Owens, High Flyin' Hawaiian and KC Glenn on the shortlist just waiting for my time.  I will go to war to keep Jay Chord and Wolf Hawkins.  Otherwise, I just let USPW feast on SWF's over the hill upper midcarders.  I'll always at least take some interest in old MAW guys like Mainstream Hernandez or Cam Vessey, but I'm not going to get into bidding wars for them.  I don't need to pay 150-200k for guys like Remo or Scythe when I can get the same match ratings out of Youngman and Frankie Boy Fernandez.  There's just way too many talented workers to get in a bidding war unless we're talking about 92+ SQ.

10 hours ago, EdJames said:

I am IMPOSSIBLY aggressive. 

Anyone under 35 with 70's and up, is getting snapped up. I'm basically NXT during the Triple H era...

What happens in your saves? Do many companies go out of business?

I've always avoided talking workers into being available in my area out of fear of taking away all the top talent

21 hours ago, CR2020 said:

I've always avoided talking workers into being available in my area out of fear of taking away all the top talent

Occasionally, but that's more because those few talents they retain, I rival bid them to overpaying for.

On 8/28/2024 at 6:30 PM, CR2020 said:

Funny you say that, my longest running game in 2020 was like 18 years with the Effganic organic mod. When I got to the late 80s, I realized that I was legitimately stifling the growth of the game world just like the WWF did in the 80s. Pretty much everyone talented and not physically destroyed in the US worked for me, and there was absolutely no one in the smaller promotions that was talented enough to really help train the younger guys anymore. 

Because the whole point of that mod is to let the game world develop on its own starting at 1920, I made it a point then to really trim down my roster and be intentional about who I used, because I had really talented guys just sitting in jobber teams or that I would only use every other week or two. I wanted to release back into the wild to see how they could flourish, it was really cool to be able to check into the equivalent of like a TNA and see that a guy I didn't give much opportunity to was winning championships elsewhere. 

How do you guys book the television championship? I would like to only ever have it defended on tv like the description says but i am having a hard time wrapping my head around booking a program that doesn't lead to a ppv payoff. 

I continue to go after younger mid card guys with decent Pysch, athleticism and size. Which is why I just took Charger Siaki from SWF. I'm in July 2023, btw. Have always liked the idea of Siaki. He's another guy I don't forsee as a star but someone that size woth that athleticism and that look, I could always use someone like him, especially in TCW where I feel like physicality is welcomed.

Lenny Brown has been great for me. He's an occasional partner of Ranger and he's firmly a 4th tier, mid card guy for me. He's been really solid. 

49 minutes ago, Vez662 said:

How do you guys book the television championship? I would like to only ever have it defended on tv like the description says but i am having a hard time wrapping my head around booking a program that doesn't lead to a ppv payoff. 

A trick that you can use is to include a time-limit draw to the title and that it is always a single match. So, you can often go with the narrative of " Yeah, I want you at the PPV. No titles means I get to fight you in a stipulation, it means I get no time limit and once it's done and I've broken you down, I will get the title ". Otherwise, you can have the title on a " hero " character who often participates in other feuds or a heel with back-up so the PPV is them in a tag match.

I mostly treat the title as an afterthought with title defenses every two weeks, I see it more as the guarantee for a wrestler to get consistent wins for a time before moving on to someone else. It's really a " Ok, we will put the title on you, you will be booked like crazy until you are a monster and then, we move on to someone else ".

I had the title defended every other week until Bradley Blaze won it towards the end of 2022. Blaze had become a workhorse for me, wrestling just about every week as i slowly elevated him. So I used that as part of his character when he won. He appealed to the Home Office (I don't have an authority figure so the HO serves as the governing board/decision makers) that he wanted to defend the title every week, including PPVs. The Home Office agreed and that has become the standard throughout 2023.

I have rules in place. Matches have either 10, 15 or 20 minute limits depending on card. Recently, Nick Booth won the TV title and started taking advantage of the championship advantage, causing a tweak. Any countout, DQ or time limit draw results in the title being vacated. 

It's been a fun thing for my midcard as many people are vying for it for different reasons. Some want extra money (Booth, a few others). Others want to be the TV title record (Blaze set it with 13). Others because by winning the title, they are guaranteed to be on Total or the PPVs. It's a risk/reward because I put over how grueling being champion is. 

So far in 2023, the champions have gone Remus (5 defense), Benson(1 defense), Booth (3 defenses), Queen (6 defenses), Peverell (7 defenses, current champion)

I created two developmental feds; Total Women's Wrestling and Mid South Wrestling. TWW was created a few months into my save when I decided to create a Women's division. I signed a few prospects but really it's veterans for the young guns to learn from. Mid South was created a year later (June 2023. I'm in July 2023). I don't love how slowly the prospects in MAW are developing so I decided to create my own and put it on my broadcaster.

MSW is very much like Mid South in thr 80s. Classic Wild West house style. I looked for athletic, physical wrestlers and unlike the past, almost the entire roster is on handshake agreements. Only people I have on written deals is Kirk Jameson (who USPW let walk) and some of the MAW guys I brought over (James Carter). I had Pistol Pete as the owner and literally the day after the first show, he passed away. So now the biggest show of the MSW year is a show where the winner gets the Pistol Pete Invitational.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lo-Drew said:

I created two developmental feds; Total Women's Wrestling and Mid South Wrestling. TWW was created a few months into my save when I decided to create a Women's division. I signed a few prospects but really it's veterans for the young guns to learn from. Mid South was created a year later (June 2023. I'm in July 2023). I don't love how slowly the prospects in MAW are developing so I decided to create my own and put it on my broadcaster.

MSW is very much like Mid South in thr 80s. Classic Wild West house style. I looked for athletic, physical wrestlers and unlike the past, almost the entire roster is on handshake agreements. Only people I have on written deals is Kirk Jameson (who USPW let walk) and some of the MAW guys I brought over (James Carter). I had Pistol Pete as the owner and literally the day after the first show, he passed away. So now the biggest show of the MSW year is a show where the winner gets the Pistol Pete Invitational.

I used those names in 2020 for my women's brand and for my development, nice lol, they both make perfect sense (also, i used to pirate the old mid-south logos because they just look like "this is about to be a serious sports program ok" AF)

Do any of you all change the product to a more match focused product?

If you do, how much of an effect does that have with match ratings until the change is complete?

I know any popularity gains are halted until the product change is complete.

Edited by Liquid_Swords

Time for an update! Last time I checked in we just finished Total Mayhem. Now we’re up to the end of November 2023 and just completed King of Kings. I’ll break down some of the happenings by titles.

TCW World Title:

Last we saw Mighty Mo was winning his first World title from Jay Chord at Total Mayhem. He then defended it against Chord in a “Steel Curtain” (Hell in a Cell) match the next month to end the feud. He then went on to feud with Wolf thru the summer, beating him twice, including a 99 rated match. After that he had basically a one month per feud, first defending against Logan Wolfsbaine, then Aaron Andrews at Threatening Behavior, and a one off with Jaylon Martins at King of Kings.

His run has been really cool, I was a little concerned about it as he’s not quite as talented as the TCW “usual suspects” of Chord, Gauge, Wolf, Andrews, but he’s been on a great run. Also, this happened.......

MoVSAndrews.thumb.PNG.479ef350ebeafc25c038e66b35d15c48.PNG

My first 100 rated match in IX, and I don’t think I had any in 2020 as well. It took a successful creative finish, but hey I’ll take it!

I thought about ending this run around now, but it’s been so successful I think I’ll extend it well into 2024.

TCW TV Title:

Gino Montero continues his reign, taking on all challengers. A lot of one month storylines, maybe 2. Racking up wins and quality matches against Aldred, Youngman, Youngman & Wolfsbaine (three way), and a 25 minute match against Quentin Queen most recently.

His reign is probably nearing an end as he needs to be pushed further up the card next year.

TCW Tag Team Titles:

Last we saw T-Bone and Papa Swoll won their first tag titles at Total Mayhem. They went on to have one of my fave tag feuds I’ve ever booked against H2-Woah.

H2-Woah lost after Laura Catherine accidentally hit her husband Hocking. He blamed her, basically treating her like crap, so she sought comfort in the charismatic Papa Swoll. Hocking hated this, and Laura stood up to him, demanding a divorce and quitting as their manager! But H2-Woah claimed she had a managerial contract with them. She convinces Swoll to put the titles, and her managerial contract up for grabs in a ladder match. Of course, at the end of the match, Swoll is about to win, when Laura shows her true colours, it was a ruse all along, as she tips the ladder and allows H2-Woah to win the belts.

They would have a rematch in a Tables match where Laura once again interfered allowing her men to win. Now Swoll and T-Bone have been off TV for a while until I’m ready to bring them back. Fun stuff.

Other Developments:

I brought in Leigh Burton from 21CW. They’re bleeding money, already lost Orson to the CWA. I outbid USPW for him. I like him a lot and he has top star written all over him. He debuted and claimed to be the next great Brit in TCW, like Tommy Cornell, only better!! He just won a feud with the aging Sammy Bach.

Also joining the ranks is Jared Johnson from the CWA, and Apollo Prince from 21CW. Johnson is a brilliant technical wrestler who fits right in on our roster as a babyface. Prince is young (27) and has boatloads of charisma and mic skills. A good addition to freshen up the midcard.

Frankie Boy Fernandes I signed and gave him a Underdog indy darling gimmick where he’s finally getting his shot in the “big time”.

As for King of Kings, the heel Aaron Andrews won, the first two time winner. He will challenge Mo at Malice in Wonderland. I changed the title shot from King of Kings to Malice as I thought Total Mayhem was too far away.

• Like 4

Ernest Youngman is my champ, he ended Steve Frehley's 30 day reign. Frehley was an impulse signing that I paid over the odds for. 

Jaylon Martins holds the TV title. 

I introduced an intercontinental title that is currently held by Ricky DeColt. 

Tag champs are Bradley Blaze & Ranger (Ranger has been repackaged as 'Big Bobby Barnes'). Chord and Frankie Boy Fernandes had a short run as champs. Fernandes turned face after saving Andrews from a vicious post match beat down from Chord, now the former champs are feuding with each other. 

Chord, Andrews, T-Bone and Gauge all very much still on the main event scene as major stars. 

Stars include Gino Montero (absolute rocket ship), Blackfriar and Hawkins. 

Sigurdsson Blood-Axe is my project, he's undefeated since joining TCW, Goldworthy as manager, he's recognisable and almost well known. He's squashing jobbers and lower mid card guys, building him up as the classic monster heel who will be put in his place by one of my star faces when the time is right. 

Now things get a little weird. BHOTWG accepted my buyout, I pillaged some of their better guys, kept a few of their titles. Montero is my 'Burning Hammer' World Champ after winning an eight man tournament of guys with the most pop in Japan. I'm already running a "can two world champs co-exist in TCW?" storyline.... Youngman v Montero, no 1v1 yet, building it up with tag matches and angles. 

This deal gave me instant pop in Japan, I signed TV and PPV deals with Japanese broadcasters, making plenty of bank. I also kept the BHOTWG Japan title active, current champ is Motoyuki Miyake. 

At some point down the line I'd like to hold one of our big PPVs in Japan in front of a huge crowd, that's a few years down the line though when the pop is there and I have a legit Japanese major star. 

I have a Japanese heel stable called Akuma Rengo made up of Miyake, Pretty Okakura, Kamimura, Masa Kurata and Daigo Goya. 

Edited by ewing
  • Like 3

Have made it to October 2023. Still winning the monthly arena battles. SWF managed to grow back to Big, however, they're still finishing 3rd.

The roster has gotten to 76, which is more than I wanted. The aim is to get it around the 60-70 range, which is a challenge as my rosters usually get into the 100s.

Anyways Gauge is doing great in his first reign as champion. The next big defense is against his brother in November, who I couldn't resist and signed towards the end of 2022. He debuted in March as the secret fourth member of Team Chord for Background. All year he's feuded with Gauge as Gauge feuds with Chord, Killer Shark (and Blackfriar). Only big contracts coming up is Andrews and T-Bone. They both expire on the same day and I debated letting them both get poached as I feel USPW getting one of them would be interesting. After thinking through it, I'll fight to keep Andrews and give an offer to T-Bone that I suspect USPW should be able to beat.

The Big Four has now become the big two as the company is officially centered around Gauge and Chord. Andrews and Wolf are now Tier 2. One day I'll have to post the tier list as I update it every 6 months of game plan. 

I've decided to make King of Pro Wrestling an annual event since it won Show of the Year last year. Which was unexpected as I only did it because I moved King of Kings to February and needed an event for November. Even more so, this year's shaping up to br similar to Forbidden Door. I'll post the card for it along with the tier list, too.

• Like 2

Here's my tier list as of November 2023. Side note, forgot to write Jaylon Martin's. He would be towards the end of Tier 5 above Jermaine Courtney. Everyone is listed in order so it serves as how I literally rank my wrestlers.

20240909_094649.jpg

20240909_094715.jpg

Edited by Lo-Drew
  • Like 2