Cornellverse 2005 (Release)

I wasn't going to do it, but I'll sacrifice even more of my sleep to make it happen. @Stennick and I will work on bringing the 2005 C-Verse to TEW IX.  I've started work on the workers file. I need to reconcile height, weight, and birthday with everyone. As well as gender, pronouns, etc. This will be made easier thanks to the native support for exporting to an editable database and importing. 

My initial workflow is to spot all name changes from our data from TEW 2020. This will also, hopefully, highlight new characters, of which there's something like 265. Then, once the name fields are equivalent, I can sort, copy the new fields from TEW9 and paste them into the 2005 database. I'm not going to lie, I kind of stopped playing the default data by TEW2016, so any big body changes that have been missed since then, I probably don't know. Once I get the base completed, I'm sure there will be interested players who will jump in and tell me what I've missed. 

We'll make sure any new features that need to be accounted for are taken care of. There aren't any new statistics and attributes seem pretty much on par with 2020. I think this release is a lot of gameplay changes, which is awesome. The conversion process did convert heights, weights, and DOB within a usable range, but things should be evened up.

After the initial data conversion is done, copy and pasting these into the Rebalanced TEW2005 database will be simple.

--

First Release

Obviously, I can't watch the data more than a couple months, but here's the first pass! It includes both the new .gif and old .jpg files. Everyone has a picture assigned to them. If you don't like them, feel free to use what you like. I used the new external editing feature to match the workers from the 2022 default data to the converted 2005 data from 2020. It was pretty useful, but note that you can't add new workers from editing externally. As with 2005, the stats are super overpowered and I saw multiple high 90s matches in a couple weeks. This will be made less so with some rebalancing.

There's a crap ton of new features that haven't been touched. Look for those in future updates. I'm contemplating putting down worker real names for their record in the rebalanced version and then adding alter egos galore, but we'll see.

C-Verse 2005 v1.0

--

Second Release

I went through everyone who was 5'5" and made some changes to height and weight when I thought it was applicable. (If you notice another height that seems over represented, let me know.) I also imported some narratives and other things from the TEW 9 data. I am going to look at schedules next. I want to fix the Japanese tours in particular. Once I get that done, the gimmick will be to clean up the database as best as possible, then we move on to the rebalanced database,

C-Verse 2005 v1.1

--

Fixed whatever I did to make all the old guys born 100 years later than they should have been. And the other errors that popped up out of nowhere.

C-Verse 2005 v 1.11

--

Fixed the few worker skill errors that were pointed out. Set the starting date to December 2005. Still need to fix events. Not sure how to handle tours.

C-Verse 2005 v1.12

--

Various things that I didn't keep track of while I was doing it... mainly set tours and then took them away because that's not what was happening in the 2005 database (but good for the rebalanced version).

C-Verse 2005 v1.13

--

Okay, I've hit the things I want to for the data conversion. Intros are done for fun.

C-Verse 2005 v1.2

These are the pictures I use. They include people and promotions. Everything else is what has been there for years. These files are what everyone's names and such are attached to.

C-Verse 2005 Pictures

--

If anyone notices any egregious errors, I'll correct them and upload fixes when necessary.

Next on my agenda is working on the Rebalanced 2005 C-Verse. I am going to be a lot more thorough with that, so it's not going to be ready to go any time soon. 

Edited by Nightshadeex
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Keyser2.0 said:

A database with all the traditional stars young, all the companies open and a lot of workers overpowered? Count me in!

I don't know if it's their aim to completely revert the data to its TEW05 version. I sure hope not, as that'd be a major turnoff as it was indeed unbalanced and several workers were... different back then.

I believe it's just taking the workers how they are now, but in the year 2005.

Anyhow, would love to play this as well as CV97.

4 minutes ago, Blackman said:

I don't know if it's their aim to completely revert the data to its TEW05 version. I sure hope not, as that'd be a major turnoff as it was indeed unbalanced and several workers were... different back then.

There are two variants in the works. One is a straight rip of 2005 data that we've brought forward through many iterations of the game. A second is a more balanced skill set. Not perfect, because I don't have all the time I'd like to have, but I think more fun.

For more of an idea of what I mean, check the 2020 thread.

TEW 2020 C-Verse 2005

41 minutes ago, Blackman said:

To start it will be the same thing we have done since I believe TEW13. 

However we have talked about adjusting and balancing the data, we have talked about helping guys follow their natural career path (if someone retires and becomes a RA we want to make sure we can do whatever we can to help that happen), we want to help nudge along historical events in the near future like INSPIRE.  We're going to do our best to balance the stats. I think with the editor we can get a better view on where the stats have been for more balanced iterations and maybe from there see a path towards balancing this better. 

You get a chance to play as USPW before they were bought by Sam Strong and are a small regional promotion full of SWF cast offs with a few promising young stars.

You  get to play as the dominate SWF with Jack Bruce, Vengeance. Christian Faith is 39 years old you can write his final stories. Sam Keith is still in the SWF. Runayway Train is nearing his end.

Tommy Cornell is 28 years old and the best wrestler in the world. Newish owner of TCW as they start to challenge SWF for that number one spot.  Wolf Hawkins is 20 years old, Rick Law is 23 years old.

Dave is the number four promotion in the world and is becoming nationally known. 

Give our previous version a spin if you'd like. 

• Nightshadeex changed the title to Cornellverse 2005 (Initial Conversion Release)

Just as a suggestion: i revisited the initial AAA roster as i intend to play that, but i found that literally almost everyone -except Cat - is 5f5. Bit strange that there is zero variance. Some of the more petite workers (at least in my perception) are all that size and same weight. 

I assume Adam didnt bother to set these as almost all workers are retired now. So maybe you can use some creative freedom. 

5 hours ago, Blackman said:

Just as a suggestion: i revisited the initial AAA roster as i intend to play that, but i found that literally almost everyone -except Cat - is 5f5. Bit strange that there is zero variance. Some of the more petite workers (at least in my perception) are all that size and same weight. 

I assume Adam didnt bother to set these as almost all workers are retired now. So maybe you can use some creative freedom. 

Thank you. I think you're absolutely right. I'll put that on the list of things to mess with. Good look out! 

So far I've played a game with NYCW, got my top two guys poached, and lost all my money after one show. I started my own promotion, too with $30 and $40 guys, but that's tough, too. Hahahaha

I've gotta play around in different areas to see the stuff I just don't remember. 

Anyone else who sees things, please let me know.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Blackman said:

This is probably a problem with everyone who have been retired since 2005. I'll have to pinpoint all of those records and make some educated guesses. I hit up AAA. I don't really like my choices on height and weight, necessarily, but I think it's better than most people being 5'5". And there are 540 retired wrestlers in the default database. They definitely need to be looked over. There are 481 people that are 5'5"... I checked out Bruce the Giant and he is not equivalent to what his bio says. Crap.

Edited by Nightshadeex

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm... There shouldn't be that many people who are 5'5". I must have done something wrong importing from the external editor...

Well, that's been fixed. Don't know what went wrong with my import. Learning curve!

I need to play around with the events, Japan has events on the same days as tours, which I don't like.

Anyone know where career goals are saved in the database?

Edited by Nightshadeex

Run into a bunch of errors, which has to do with date formatting (US vs European):

image.thumb.png.3aa6afb55a5a070c5027e2ed1b44b85c.png

image.png.b7b1cff4aace961ed59654e076d42c10.png

I don't know when the conversion happened, maybe before the date formatting issues were fixed?

Edit: Changed language and formatting to US, reinstalled database, error persists.

Edited by defizzle

Posted (edited)

That's odd. I didn't have that issue (I realize I didn't check by attempting to start a new game, I'll be making that a priority from here on in...). Anyone else?

I was wondering if this would be a problem.

Edited by Nightshadeex