27 minutes ago, elmiticomark said:

I just wanted to add, on a very petty note, sometimes I see 21CW go bankrupt and I go "good, thats what you get" and it's solely on the fact they signed Landon Mallory and I couldn't have a true prime time ready centerpiece for Continental Championship Wrestling from the Netherlands!

Landon is still an absolute stud.  He has no business being so far down the card.  I'm looking forward to seeing him in some proper 21CW feuds.  

• Like 1

If they'd done a 4 year jump in CVerse I expect 21CW would be tanking, Adam does love a "too big for your britches" arc and its about time for 21CW's free spending and big lead on the industry to catch up to them to a degree. It does make them one of the more interesting companies in this game with EILL being a monopoly and the US big three being kinda whatever

4 minutes ago, Boltinho said:

Landon is still an absolute stud.  He has no business being so far down the card.  I'm looking forward to seeing him in some proper 21CW feuds.  

Oh, he is most definitely a star (throwing back to TCW beef, I'd hire him and Walker, they put their dispute aside to come to TCW and claim the World Tag Team Champions as The European Union [look, Jack Pfeffer is slightly better than me at naming things]).... the thing, and the reason 21CW going broke so much that annoys me in sims, is... 21CW has more studs than TCW (so at least his lack of pop in UK is a psychological reason for being more unknown/rec).  Kinda wished they had began their European Dominance phase, for real, in this game.  Not my kinda company [silencedirishrant] but I mean, c'mon... PGHW and 21CW fold, RAW gets pushed, but TCW just sitting there like "HEY! Wanna find out if Shawn Doakes doesn't stink anymore?" [he doesn't, i pillage him a lot]

Edited by elmiticomark

2 minutes ago, Boltinho said:

If it was just Leigh/Tommy/Ricky/War Machine/etc I'd be fine with this logic.  Maybe even the top 20-25 wrestlers.

But are the North American big boys really coming in for Luke Cool?  Or Harry Wilson?  Or Compton Valance?  Or Michael X?  Or SMiling John Smithie?  Or Gorilla Lee? Or Vinny Vigilante?

2CW is paying a good couple of hundred grand over the odds for mid- and lower-card talent who absolutely no-one else is going to want to nab.

Dont disagree but if you are trying to think why in game they have done this silly thing it's that fear of losing people like Tommy thats driven them to give written contracts which has then seen them hit a wall financially.  People do dumb things when motivated by emotions like fear.   Once they started giving written contracts everyone wants one.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TakumiIrohamarvelous said:

Also has anyone bothered to even try a 21CW women's division? Feels like it'd be impossible but it could be a nice challenge to try and produce your own talent while trying to sign up some global names

The way to do it would be to import stuff like Historians, Sheroes, willr0ck's or Grindhousearts expansions so there are enough women to make it viable.  As is the free agent pool for women is so small that it's inherently hard to create those divisions in companies without them.  Take Oceania - 4 women and they are all in Zen and I think one yet to debut.  Not like RAW could easily start a Womens diision even if they wanted too.  21CW is a little better off but not much.

• Like 1

Just now, alpha2117 said:

The way to do it would be to import stuff like Historians, Sheroes, willr0ck's or Grindhousearts expansions so there are enough women to make it viable.  As is the free agent pool for women is so small that it's inherently hard to create those divisions in companies without them.  Take Oceania - 4 women and they are all in Zen and I think one yet to debut.  Not like RAW could easily start a Womens diision even if they wanted too.  21CW is a little better off but not much.

Yeah, honestly, even TCW---there was not really a way (I could find) in 2020 to start a Total Women's Wrestling brand without just straight beating up on poor QAW.

My hopes for X:  TCW is forced to become a distant 3rd, losing the big workers that keep it afloat (someone mentioned the "realism" and yeah 21CW can fit that, but realism should go the other way, imho, companies like TCW don't stay at the level they've stayed at for about 5-10 years in game the way they do...) or they merge with CWA and a financially struggling PGHW and maybe 21CW to form a "Global" wrestling company, focused on all styles and all markets.

That or the TCW downgrade/flat out closure and all future prospects being focused on women's wrestling which, unfortunately, really is underrepresented per "realism" in the game.  

I do apologize, also, we had lunch beers and I am not a drinker and 1 beer is probably 6 for a normal consumer.  However, I stand by the sentiment of C-Verse:  Up da Womens, 21CW, and PGHW and down da TCW (sadly, with a heavy heart but c'mon, c'mon)... oh and on Mallory, and seeing the Young Springboks, and have worked a few humanitarian jobs in Africa (Mozambique, C.ARepublic for 3 days but that's 3 years there, and Ghana)... Africa has to be represented soon... I mean, even if it's just South Africa.  They were running outlaw mudshows in Mozambique a month before I got there!  (biggest "too late" news of my life)

Oh, how is Sebastian doing in 21CW?  That guy was instant zoomie ratings in a European takeover I did after I bought him out from 21CW.

Edited by elmiticomark

1 hour ago, elmiticomark said:

I do apologize, also, we had lunch beers and I am not a drinker and 1 beer is probably 6 for a normal consumer.  However, I stand by the sentiment of C-Verse:  Up da Womens, 21CW, and PGHW and down da TCW (sadly, with a heavy heart but c'mon, c'mon)... oh and on Mallory, and seeing the Young Springboks, and have worked a few humanitarian jobs in Africa (Mozambique, C.ARepublic for 3 days but that's 3 years there, and Ghana)... Africa has to be represented soon... I mean, even if it's just South Africa.  They were running outlaw mudshows in Mozambique a month before I got there!  (biggest "too late" news of my life)

Oh, how is Sebastian doing in 21CW?  That guy was instant zoomie ratings in a European takeover I did after I bought him out from 21CW.

Sounds like youre having a great bank holiday!

Seb has sadly not had a great couple of years...

image.thumb.png.5ae753947994c16d2ef01e3e020ec689.png

He starts the game in mid-low 60s pop across the British Isles.  And just low 20s in Europe.  

In my game I'm trying to build him up a bit, but he's not a priority given the other guys around him 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, elmiticomark said:

Yeah, honestly, even TCW---there was not really a way (I could find) in 2020 to start a Total Women's Wrestling brand without just straight beating up on poor QAW.

Oh QAW in 2020 was my bane in my local to globals.  They always would sign up my female talent and end up either medium or maybe even big sized.  In my last 2020 game they were number 3 in the rankings.

From my diary game:

image.thumb.png.4cb2ccb3f55e5929f418a215a9cc76b9.png

We actually made a profit in January!

The economy and wrestling industry are in a good place [and rising].  So it's getting lucky rather than good.

Still.  It gives me time to stabilise my talent spending as I try and boost up my stars to get to the point where I can consistently put on 80+ shows

On 8/30/2024 at 3:03 PM, TakumiIrohamarvelous said:

Beyond Landon who else have you guys taken on as projects to move up the card? I'm trying to rocket-strap Charmer by pairing him with Kruger who can do brawling or intimidation angles and get the wins in tags until Charmer is popular enough to get wins on his own

So far I'm finding pop gains relatively slow.

Or maybe it's just because I'm playing slow to maintain immersion.

But the guys I want to move up are:

Landing mallory 

Conan kruger

Ricky storm [not low, but I want him higher]

Grave Digger

Andrew Lee

Boulder ans Flynn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boltinho said:

So far I'm finding pop gains relatively slow.

Or maybe it's just because I'm playing slow to maintain immersion.

But the guys I want to move up are:

Landing mallory 

Conan kruger

Ricky storm [not low, but I want him higher]

Grave Digger

Andrew Lee

Boulder ans Flynn

I've been trying to push Ricky and Lee too, Lee is tough because he's a good worker and got SQ but he's meh at promos and other stuff. Might try and find a manager or partner to carry the mic stuff for him

Hi fellow 21CW fans.  Slightly controversial question here and I'm looking for input.

I'm thinking about having Wade O defend his title in a mini-feud against Viktor Beskov.  Leading up to a Russian Chain match. I'm in March 2022.

Beskov's gimmick is specifically Russian Badass.  He's a nationalistic character at least somewhat.

In the real world, Russia invaded Ukraine in late Feb 2022.  Obviously it's my decision if this also happened in the CVerse or not.

- Part of me thinks Great heel heat!  Even it's VERY close to the bone.

- Part of me thinks, if the invasion DID happen in the CVerse, it's impossible to not address it with a nationalistic Russian heel.

- Part of me thinks just avoid the whole controversy [even if its just in my head on my tiny diary] and pretend it didn't happen.

Obviously this is entirely fictional, and does not reflect my or anyone else's real-world political views.

Whaddya reckon?

2 hours ago, Boltinho said:

Hi fellow 21CW fans.  Slightly controversial question here and I'm looking for input.

I'm thinking about having Wade O defend his title in a mini-feud against Viktor Beskov.  Leading up to a Russian Chain match. I'm in March 2022.

Beskov's gimmick is specifically Russian Badass.  He's a nationalistic character at least somewhat.

In the real world, Russia invaded Ukraine in late Feb 2022.  Obviously it's my decision if this also happened in the CVerse or not.

- Part of me thinks, if the invasion DID happen in the CVerse, it's impossible to not address it with a nationalistic Russian heel.

- Part of me thinks just avoid the whole controversy [even if its just in my head on my tiny diary] and pretend it didn't happen.

Obviously this is entirely fictional, and does not reflect my or anyone else's real-world political views.

Whaddya reckon?

I think a squeaky clean pop culture fed like 21CW would avoid using it as part of any gimmick just to make sure they don't rock the boat and bring any bad press (honestly if it DID happen they'd probably ice any of the eastern guys and quietly release them just in case lol)

2 hours ago, Boltinho said:

Whaddya reckon?

My stance for stuff like this and COVID are that they just simply didn't happen in the Cornellverse so it would be fine to run it. You don't even really need to tie it too much to Russia as a country though, have Beskov talk up about how steel produced in Russia is much stronger/harder/etc than steel in the UK so he's going to inflict Maximum Punishment on Wadeo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TakumiIrohamarvelous said:

I think a squeaky clean pop culture fed like 21CW would avoid using it as part of any gimmick just to make sure they don't rock the boat and bring any bad press (honestly if it DID happen they'd probably ice any of the eastern guys and quietly release them just in case lol)

Yeah.  I think this is probably closest to my headcanon for 21CW.

But I think I just want to run it as fairly straight heel heat because of sheer serendipity.  It could also turn into a great VIkto/Yuri face turn

On 9/4/2024 at 12:31 PM, Boltinho said:

Whaddya reckon?

I have this exact issue in my dynasty save. I am planning to book Beskov, Iliakov and Zofia Jankovic as 'political refuges'. I also changed Iliakov's finish name because Kyiv Krush is just wrong these days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...