The EILL Discussion Thread

Empressa Internacional de Lucha Libre is the most successful lucha libre company in history. They are the top of the lucha world. They have an incredibly talented roster with a mixture of experienced veterans and up and coming stars. They managed to navigate the death of their longtime owner with surprising grace. Are they going to try to expand past Mexico's borders? Are they going to try to run their competition into the ground? Do you love the additions of Mr. Lucha III and Nicolas Lopez to their roster? What are your thoughts for EILL? Let's discuss!

Just wanted to throw in a few thoughts about the state of EILL as they were my favourite company to book in 2020. First off, not a whole lot of roster changes, El Demonio retired and Mexican Beast is part time. The additions of Nicolas Lopez, Extraodinario Jr, Mr Lucha III, La Estrella, and Silver King are great additions to the roster on the outset. In 2020 at least, with El Leon, El Heroe Mexicano, Rock God Alvarez, El Mitico Jr, Velocidad, Dr Rudo, Multimillonario, Gino Montero, and Hijo del Aguila Americana you had 9 incredible workers who you could build the company around. So definitely utilize them as you start out. Leon had natural feuds with all of the heels, especially Montero, Heroe and Aguila are a match made in heaven booking wise, and Multimillonario might have been my favourite character to use.

As with any company that has trios titles, I created a bunch of stables over-time, with the in-universe reason that the tecnicos needed to counteract the Cabal and Insidious, then other rudos needed their own groups to go after the tecnicos. El Leon and Rock God Alvarez (who had great tag chemistry in my save) had a stable, El Heroe formed a group with Boom-Boom Jamaica and Angel of Mercy (who could probably lead his own stable in this version), Aguila Americana and Gino Montero each got their own factions, and El Mitico joined up with veterans - Axxis Jr and Soul Taker. Play around and see who fits well with who, Insidious can also be bolstered with several other members.

It's very interesting to see that Angel of Mercy is now the world champion. Leading from 2020, Montero was the clear choice to end Leon's long reign, Rock God got a much deserved long reign and Dr Rudo was able to win the title at LuchaMania 2021. Angel of Mercy just beat Rudo for the title 8 days ago, so they have a ready made feud. The goal of this title reign should be to solidify Mercy as a main event player. El Heroe's destiny is to win the title at LuchaMania, will it be 2022 or beyond?

Gino Montero and Axxis Jr are once again pitted against each other, just as they were in 2020. This feud looks like it will lead to a apuestas match at LuchaMania, so the challenge will be booking that feud for 7 months.

Rock God Alvarez and Multimillonario is another great starting feud, and you can figure out what is Alvarez's price? You'll need a couple more feuds, Heroe, Leon, and Aguila can definitely make some magic, so make sure to put them in another couple storylines. 

The Campeonato de Mexico being with El Mitico Jr is awesome. Have him defend it every show. Velocidad did this for me in 2020 and got majorly over (enough to be stolen by USPW). La Sombra Jr and Mr Lucha III being the tag champs is an interesting choice, but Sombra looks good in this game and ML3 is a future star. Nicolas Lopez, Silver King, and Velocidad as the trios champs is another interesting combo, but all 3 are great workers.

All in all, they are a fun company to use. Lots of great workers and they have some power to fend off USPW most of the time.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 12:50 AM, taekwonjohn31 said:

Just wanted to throw in a few thoughts about the state of EILL as they were my favourite company to book in 2020. First off, not a whole lot of roster changes, El Demonio retired and Mexican Beast is part time. The additions of Nicolas Lopez, Extraodinario Jr, Mr Lucha III, La Estrella, and Silver King are great additions to the roster on the outset. In 2020 at least, with El Leon, El Heroe Mexicano, Rock God Alvarez, El Mitico Jr, Velocidad, Dr Rudo, Multimillonario, Gino Montero, and Hijo del Aguila Americana you had 9 incredible workers who you could build the company around. So definitely utilize them as you start out. Leon had natural feuds with all of the heels, especially Montero, Heroe and Aguila are a match made in heaven booking wise, and Multimillonario might have been my favourite character to use.

As with any company that has trios titles, I created a bunch of stables over-time, with the in-universe reason that the tecnicos needed to counteract the Cabal and Insidious, then other rudos needed their own groups to go after the tecnicos. El Leon and Rock God Alvarez (who had great tag chemistry in my save) had a stable, El Heroe formed a group with Boom-Boom Jamaica and Angel of Mercy (who could probably lead his own stable in this version), Aguila Americana and Gino Montero each got their own factions, and El Mitico joined up with veterans - Axxis Jr and Soul Taker. Play around and see who fits well with who, Insidious can also be bolstered with several other members.

It's very interesting to see that Angel of Mercy is now the world champion. Leading from 2020, Montero was the clear choice to end Leon's long reign, Rock God got a much deserved long reign and Dr Rudo was able to win the title at LuchaMania 2021. Angel of Mercy just beat Rudo for the title 8 days ago, so they have a ready made feud. The goal of this title reign should be to solidify Mercy as a main event player. El Heroe's destiny is to win the title at LuchaMania, will it be 2022 or beyond?

Gino Montero and Axxis Jr are once again pitted against each other, just as they were in 2020. This feud looks like it will lead to a apuestas match at LuchaMania, so the challenge will be booking that feud for 7 months.

Rock God Alvarez and Multimillonario is another great starting feud, and you can figure out what is Alvarez's price? You'll need a couple more feuds, Heroe, Leon, and Aguila can definitely make some magic, so make sure to put them in another couple storylines. 

The Campeonato de Mexico being with El Mitico Jr is awesome. Have him defend it every show. Velocidad did this for me in 2020 and got majorly over (enough to be stolen by USPW). La Sombra Jr and Mr Lucha III being the tag champs is an interesting choice, but Sombra looks good in this game and ML3 is a future star. Nicolas Lopez, Silver King, and Velocidad as the trios champs is another interesting combo, but all 3 are great workers.

All in all, they are a fun company to use. Lots of great workers and they have some power to fend off USPW most of the time.

I've never used EILL before (or really any Lucha product before) but your breakdown and the talent pool they have makes them a tantalising prospect. Thanks for you in-depth breakdown of the roster.