[RELEASE] Effganic: Genesis

DALLE2024-07-2921_09.28-Awideimagefeaturingclassic1920scarnivalgroundswithvintagetentscolorfulbannersandanold-fashionedFerriswheel.Thesceneincludesawr.webp.dcd5af286cd763d70ea13f3607c03064.webp

If you've played my previous Effganic 1920s mods since TEW08, you'll know exactly what this is. The game starts with the birth of professional wrestling, in 1920, with the debut of Southern Pro Wrestling. The game starts with only one active promotion and a handful of wrestlers, but over time, it will evolve into something entirely its own. There are a few "yet-to-debut" workers in the database, but for the most part, the game will create the workers, making each experience truly unique. Promotions have been added to pop up over time and throughout the world, laying the groundwork for the universe. How you play is entirely up to you. You can jump in and start with SPW, create or own a company, sim 5, 10, 15 years, and then play, or just sit back and watch the world happen.

This release will operate as the last "Beta" release of the mod. I think it is in a pretty good place, but the more eyes the better.

If you do a diary, dynasty, stream, whatever let me know and I'll link it in this first post!

Current Build: 5.99

DOWNLOAD

Discord

Edited by i effin rule
  • Like 19

TEW9 is not yet officially released, yet we are already winning with (hopefully) Effganic Genesis appearance.

Already waiting to see, how things will go in some changed regions and how this time the multinational Europe will be solved.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 6:44 AM, Jim said:

Dope to see it! Is it going to be a convert, or do you see yourself adding anything new? 

I think I answered this in the Discord, but I'll do the same here.

I'm going to tweak things to take advantage of the new features, and I'm sure that I'll probably make some changes here and there.

Speaking of, one thing that I'd really like to change is the free pictures. I'd love to be able to redo them in a consistent style completely. That said, if I were to go down that road then I'd probably need to re-render everything and that would have to be done with AI. I've been playing around with some stuff to see what I like and figured I'd share here to get opinions on what you all like.

My style, by AI
DALLE2024-07-2812_58.07-Ahyper-realisticheadshotofDanielLoiselleawhitemaleinhis30swithshortbrownhairandaclean-shavenface.Hehasadeterminedexpression.thumb.webp.4c9fd0807477091b567ba30d01286eba.webpDALLE2024-07-2921_56.27-Ahyper-realisticheadshotofa52-year-oldIrishmale.Hehasaruggedfacewithvisiblesignsofagingsuchaswrinklesandaweatheredlook_Heis.thumb.webp.2080e8dee0493a440a6f73db090ba59c.webp

Pencil Drawing
DALLE2024-08-0116_18.19-Apencildrawingofafemalewrestlerwithastylereminiscentofearlytomid20thcentury.Thedrawingfocusesonatightheadshotfeaturingthewr.thumb.webp.2d311349fafad39b453f9ea8d447fff8.webpDALLE2024-08-0116_18.10-Apencildrawingofa30-year-oldmalewrestlerfocusingonatightheadshot.Thestyleislessrealisticandmorestylizedwithexpressivelinewor.thumb.webp.a65aa5cd5b110d08d126f23855786b44.webp

Golden Age
DALLE2024-08-0116_18.32-Atightheadshotofamalewrestlercharacterinthestyleofearlytomid-20thcenturyGoldenAgecomicbooks.Theillustrationfeaturesboldlines.thumb.webp.71076528b82b0256dc0a2c844686dd0d.webpDALLE2024-08-0116_18.26-Atightheadshotofafemalewrestlerinaclassicearlytomid-20thcenturycomicbookstyle.Theillustrationfeaturesboldlinesandavintagecolo.thumb.webp.4b64a7bb31f7d0fc080732b339b18f63.webp

Art Deco
DALLE2024-08-0116_20.36-AheadshotofamalewrestlerinanArtDecostyleusingthesamecolorpaletteastheprovidedfemalewrestlerimage.Thewrestlerhasshortneatly.thumb.webp.20d7e15b402abffc7bbb177e996f7e6c.webpDALLE2024-08-0116_18.36-AheadshotofafemalewrestlerinanArtDecostylecapturingtheeleganceandgeometricprecisionoftheearlytomid-20thcentury.Thewrestlerha.thumb.webp.a6fb09d07c9d013d806941bbd544cdeb.webp

• Like 3

I am okay with any option, but if I would have to rate, I would go...

- Eff style
 - Golden Age
 - Pencil
 - Art Deco

But preparing a lot of good graphics in each style will be a problem... right? 🤔

I am already thinking of possible ways to go with that database. If there would be a period in which we could propose things to the database, I am fully willing to provide a bit data :D

Edited by Foryst

2 hours ago, Foryst said:

I am okay with any option, but if I would have to rate, I would go...

- Eff style
 - Golden Age
 - Pencil
 - Art Deco

But preparing a lot of good graphics in each style will be a problem... right? 🤔

I am already thinking of possible ways to go with that database. If there would be a period in which we could propose things to the database, I am fully willing to provide a bit data :D

I'm always open to suggestions. 

3 minutes ago, i effin rule said:

I'm always open to suggestions. 

Hmmm... Let's go then:

In TEW2020 the first wave of schools had graduation every April, but closure in January 2023, which in effect was ending with three waves of players. I would propose moving closure to May 2023 to let these schools have four waves of talent.

In terms of locations: the location system in TEW9may allow for some more things with introduction of geopoints. It could be possible to have local promotion not going out of their close region restricted by geopoints. That gives an idea to have each represented country/state with two or three its biggest towns into the db, plus any town bigger than a certain threshold (for example 200k inhabitants). I know that it may be some work, but people may also help with checking and providing data.

• Like 1

I've done some work to era, geo, and venues.  Right now I've got the data in a few people's hands for testing, as I'm not sure when I'll be able to get my own copy. Once I get the feedback I'll have a good idea of whet needs to be fixed. 

I do plan on adding more promotions with a goal of getting to a nice round 200.

I'm also toying with the idea of adding a "generational talent" to each main area to debut at set times in the future.

• Like 4