Looking for suggestions on creating tours

Anyone have any advice? I'm getting tour blow offs before the tour ends. Also the first day of the tour might show up after the 2nd or 3rd day. I'm open to all kind of suggestions if you've got them. Maybe exact same date? And if they fall on different days of the week, oh well?

You need to set up the first day of the tour as "Start of Tour" and the final day of the tour as "End of Tour". Then the tour shows as "Neither". 

Scheduling wise just make sure you're scheduling each day for a different day. I don't know why you'd be getting different shows on the wrong days.

Edit: Also forgot you need to set up each tour show with the intent of being a tour show.

Edited by Hawk1665

Posted (edited)

Here's an example. 

BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #1, First Tuesday Of The Month, 2006-04-04
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #2, First Friday Of The Month, 2006-04-07
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #5, Second Saturday Of The Month, 2006-04-08
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #3, Second Monday Of The Month, 2006-04-10
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #4, Second Thursday Of The Month, 2006-04-13
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #6, Third Monday Of The Month, 2006-04-17
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #7, Third Wednesday Of The Month, 2006-04-19

The first Saturday was the 1st of the month. The second Saturday was the 8th. This makes the 5th day of the tour happen before the second Monday or Thursday.

I'm thinking the offsets are likely the way to go. Or not numbering the tour days. But this same thing can happen with the last show of the tour.

BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #6, Second Saturday Of The Month, 2006-08-12
BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #4, Second Monday Of The Month, 2006-08-14
BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #8, Third Wednesday Of The Month, 2006-08-16
BHOTWG Summit Challenge, Third Friday Of The Month, 2006-08-18
BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #7, Third Monday Of The Month, 2006-08-21

Maybe I can't number the days. Maybe I have to be more creative, but I'm not sure how to make sure the blow off is the last show of the tour.

Edit: It happens in the default data with BCG, as well. The second day of the Roaring Lion Tour takes place after the 4th.

Edited by Nightshadeex

11 minutes ago, Nightshadeex said:

Here's an example. 

BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #1, First Tuesday Of The Month, 2006-04-04
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #2, First Friday Of The Month, 2006-04-07
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #5, Second Saturday Of The Month, 2006-04-08
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #3, Second Monday Of The Month, 2006-04-10
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #4, Second Thursday Of The Month, 2006-04-13
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #6, Third Monday Of The Month, 2006-04-17
BHOTWG Prophecy Tour Day #7, Third Wednesday Of The Month, 2006-04-19

The first Saturday was the 1st of the month. The second Saturday was the 8th. This makes the 5th day of the tour happen before the second Monday or Thursday.

I'm thinking the offsets are likely the way to go. Or not numbering the tour days. But this same thing can happen with the last show of the tour.

BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #6, Second Saturday Of The Month, 2006-08-12
BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #4, Second Monday Of The Month, 2006-08-14
BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #8, Third Wednesday Of The Month, 2006-08-16
BHOTWG Summit Challenge, Third Friday Of The Month, 2006-08-18
BHOTWG Summit Tour Day #7, Third Monday Of The Month, 2006-08-21

Maybe I can't number the days. Maybe I have to be more creative, but I'm not sure how to make sure the blow off is the last show of the tour.

Edit: It happens in the default data with BCG, as well. The second day of the Roaring Lion Tour takes place after the 4th.

If you're using the positioning or positioning offset features then it's probably screwed up somewhere with the positioning. Frankly I'm too stupid to understand how to make those two features work correctly.

What I do is I just manually pick the date of the show using the calendar and set it to not change. When I do the schedule for the next year (when I get there) I'll change up the dates of the shows. Makes it work just like how every other past game worked. Simple and Clean.

Just now, Hawk1665 said:

If you're using the positioning or positioning offset features then it's probably screwed up somewhere with the positioning. Frankly I'm too stupid to understand how to make those two features work correctly.

What I do is I just manually pick the date of the show using the calendar and set it to not change. When I do the schedule for the next year (when I get there) I'll change up the dates of the shows. Makes it work just like how every other past game worked. Simple and Clean.

I'm not using the offset, but I see Adam does in the default data. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem.

I'm trying to set it up for multiple promotions for the AI to handle on a yearly basis. It would be fine for a manually controlled promotion, but that's not what I'm working toward right now.